• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wow, I finished my studies right as **** start to get interesting uh?
Well anyway-

Seems that it's still considered a full reveal, even without the "Sakurai showcase". So the character might not be THAT far off.

Edit: got ninj'd :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, it's an actual Sakurai presents then?

So, the original tweet just worded it very poorly?
I'd be surprised if a Sakurai Presents is only three minutes lmao

He said it was just the trailer

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This is strange.

So then, are we just not going to get the talk with Sakurai about this character, and the **** like stage, music and mii costumes will be blind, or will there be something in the future?

I'm confused now.

SKX31

Smash Master
Is that the biggest version of that image we have?

Cause like, I legit can't tell if it's the same image or not.
I believe there is a bigger version:

The lower right section of the logo is what got me thinking it's the same image as previously posted.

Really easily tbh.

Outside of buying items and leveling up to grow your base stats, all League characters just have a basic 4(*) ability kit, with one skill being their Ultimate, usually their strongest skill which has a long cooldown.

tl;dr, if any League character somehow got in, there'd be a lot of made up moves for their moves.
It would likely be a lot of made up moves, yes. I don't think buying items / leveling up's* going to be a thing (not in Smash where matches are 7 minutes at most and characters can theoretically be gimped at 0 %). The wildcard would be the Summoners' Spells (the two player-exclusive spells that each player choose before the match), although Flash is so prevalent (it's been the Summoners' Spell of choice for 10 years) that it - or the kinda closely related Teleport - might as well be the Up-B. Ignite (Damage over Time Fireball for a couple secs, reduces healing) and Exhaust (slows down opponent's movespeed and reduces damage dealt) are other options.

*(I don't see Frank West's MvC level up system because it specifically rewarded combos, and Sakurai hasn't leaned towards the competitive aspect that much - he might worry that that's a bit too snowbally in FFAs, and I can see where he comes from.)

So he's saying it's gonna be a festival.
Well, well, now that's interesting.

Lets see where this leads.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Translation by our lord and Savior PushDutIn

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Fanservice

....well, that sounds like

Ya know who.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is strange.

So then, are we just not going to get the talk with Sakurai about this character, and the **** like stage, music and mii costumes will be blind, or will there be something in the future?

I'm confused now.
It'll be a trailer and Sakurai going "You can learn more about this character in a future presentation next week, I wish I could have showed this earlier but COVID threw a wrench in our plans and we've come to the decision to delay the pass" or something

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Ok so we're expecting something big now, for me its either Master Chief, Sora ( PLEASE SAKURAI ), Geno or Crash

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice

I get the feeling its going to be controversial

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
I'm stupid and the only thing I can think of is Sora and Geno, but I'm ultimately biased, and forgot who has a longstay Fan power since smash speculation is now just flavor of the month over flavor of the month beside like 2 or 4 characters
Yeah, im thinking now in Sora or Geno. But the important here is that he will not be a Pokemon :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Celebrating Smash, you say?

Hm, wonder if they're gonna make Master Hand playable lol

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I feel like Dustin is looking too much into the whole festival thing. I'm pretty sure Sakurai is just saying Smash reveals are very "special" events. Sakurai has never overtly implied what kind of character was going to be revealed (besides like, K. Rool's trailer I guess. When the ground was shaking and Sakurai gave a mischievous smile).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dont find that misleading at all, you guys need to have more faith xD
I have no clue who it could be, there's so many people. Geno, Sora, Steve, Hayabusa, the Chief, Doomguy, ****ing Sakurai himself.

I'm still sticking with my Baboom answer just cause he's a funny monkey.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I can think of one...
Nope, not trusting the guy.

His method of "fixing the Moon" was to coat it in machinery, make solar energy a scarce commodity and convert humanity to his side.

See, this is why you should never rely on a mad scientist to fix world problems. He'll just raise the utility prices to ludicrous levels.

:4dedede:

"no-one knows who the character is"

pack it up it's byleth again
Byleth 2: Byleth Harder. Now even more of a Distance Demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom