• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If Pokémon is tomorrow, maybe Thursday they could announce a Sakurai Presents for Friday...?

Probably not. But as people already said last week we had Kirby and the update for New Horizons. I don't think it's impossible. According to Serebii, tomorrow they will shadowdrop the info for Crown Tundra, it's not like they're gonna announce tomorrow a presentation for Wednesday or Thursday.

Edit: well I just saw it's official now.

Monster Hunter's big enough that it sounds like Smash benefits more from it being in than the other way around, and that sort of thing probably factors into negotiations. Maybe the Rathalos was all they could afford to license? It's not really like Dragon Quest where it's big in Japan but not the West and would benefit from a push either.

Either that or they blew their budget on MonHun and the rest of the pass is Nintendo-owned characters and whoever else SNK had on hand in exchange for a bag of potato chips.
I don't think Monster Hunter is super expensive. Not because it isn't popular, but because as far as we know Capcom seems be very easy to work with, and while that obviously doesn't mean their IPs are cheap to license, I just think the base content MH got was what they planned. Maybe if Sakurai and the team had more time, Monster Hunter would have been a base roster inclusion. That is something I can totally see.

I think MH would benefit from Smash in the West. The series is becoming more popular everyday in the West, but any franchise can appreciate the boost that Smash gives.

It's not simply "Thanks to Smash I discovered this franchise that I didn't know before" but "Thanks to Smash I saw the appeal of this franchise that until now, I wasn't interested in"

I knew of Metal Gear for years but it wasn't until Smash made me interested in the series. Smash exposition can help a lot, even big and popular franchises. The same applies the other way around, of course. I know a handful of Persona fans that had barely played Smash in their lifes until Joker was announced, and now they pretty much play Ultimate regularly.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Well well. The suffering probably continues for another week, yay. :p
Called it.

Good news is though next week is fairly certain, if lucky perhaps we could still get Smash news this week as we had two things last week so don't count out this week just yet.
Next week:
"Tune in on Thursday for October's partner showcase!"
Oh god...Please no...If that happens, I'm officially taking a break from this thread, you'll find me in the social until further notice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hurray! Hopefully this means Crown Tundra isn't too far off. I'll happily accept this news for now.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To be fair, Crown Tundra will at least be better than Isle of Armor by virtue of having tbe Galarian Legendary Birds. Seriously, why don't we ever talk about THEM?

Also:

I think I know what the next Square Enix Spirit Event will be. ;)

(I hope people get the reference...)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Min Min presentation was the week after the PKMN one right? Well, at least looks like tomorrow's one is the last obstacle. I'm quite happy with Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min but there's spectation for the next news.
And then they give us some surprise announcement not Smash related or another guess who game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Min Min presentation was the week after the PKMN one right? Well, at least looks like tomorrow's one is the last obstacle. I'm quite happy with Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min but there's spectation for the next news.
And then they give us some surprise announcement not Smash related or another guess who game.
Its the pessimistic side of me but what about the possibility they go with the partner direct for this month next week?

D

Deleted member

Animal Crossing and Kirby Fighters happened in a week.

We could get Smash news this week, but I doubt it.

I.D.

Smash Lord
To be fair, Crown Tundra will at least be better than Isle of Armor by virtue of having tbe Galarian Legendary Birds. Seriously, why don't we ever talk about THEM?

Also:

I think I know what the next Square Enix Spirit Event will be. ;)

(I hope people get the reference...)
Thank you for posting this, Live-A-Live news is just what I needed to cheer me up.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Crown Tundra is fine in my books. I love Regis so having two new ones makes me a happy camper.

Some characters I support because I generally like them such as Lloyd and Morrigan. Others because of the gameplay potential like Dante and Monokuma. Other character for their possible stage like Amaterasu and Doomslayer. Others for the Kirby hat like Dragonborn and Scorpion. However, one of the biggest reasons why I support a character is because of they music they can bring. Chrono, 2B, Doomslayer, Sol Badguy, and more. Sadly, Fulgore lies in this area and his really only chance of bringing KI music to Smash is a very small chance. KI 2013 has some amazing music that would work amazing in Smash. If you haven’t heard of this soundtrack, I encourage you to take a listen. It’s absolutely breathtaking. Especially if you listen to the mashups of the character themes as well as the music you get for performing large combos. Here’s a chosen few I love that I would love to see be included in Smash - especially if Fulgore somehow made it in:

The Instinct
Touch Me and I’ll Break your Face (Orchid’s Theme)
Ballad of Death (Sadira’s Theme)
Hinnamatoom (Thunder’s Theme)
Herald of Gargos (Omen and Shadow Jago’s Theme) < easily my most favorite
Temperance and Vengeance (Maya’s Theme)
Village of Whispers (Hisako’s Theme)
Inferno (Cinder’s Theme)

Sorry but I was listening to this soundtrack while playing Animal Crossing and I just want to share my love for it and want desperately for it to be in Smash.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So we're getting Pokémon this week huh? Well I guess that means a few things:
  1. No reveal this week.
  2. Amiibo theory debunked.
  3. Ad was a red herring.
I'll go back to my original prediction of the last week of October as the earliest point for the reveal then.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You say that when we got Smash news a week after PKMN twice this year.
That's about as much of a pattern as "Partner Directs always happen towards the end of the month". Something happening two times is hardly enough to really make any definitive statements.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Its the pessimistic side of me but what about the possibility they go with the partner direct for this month next week?
Probably, but partners direct=/= no Smash presentation. The empty news slots only means some kind of delay, it can't be so big. At least I hope so. There are more options than "one onnounce per week", which seems more like a fan rule. A partners direct with a reveal trailer of a related character and Sakurai presentation right after or some days ahead. Partners showcase and presentation in the same week. And of course, 'just the presentation' option. Or even the second half of this current week.
Hopefully it will happen soon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's about as much of a pattern as "Partner Directs always happen towards the end of the month". Something happening two times is hardly enough to really make any definitive statements.
Again, it's a trend proven right enough this year to the point where i'll take it. If it doesn't happen, boo hoo we have to wait longer no big deal.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, even if we were to consider the possibility that the starters aren't an automatic choice, Cylarex would automatically be the choice for a Crown Tundra representative. And even if we were to ignore that, the birds are a packaged deal much like the guardians. You can't add all three and you can't add one so none is the most likely outcome.

EDIT: Hypothetically though, I would love to drop kick people as a bird.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Crown Tundra is fine in my books. I love Regis so having two new ones makes me a happy camper.

Some characters I support because I generally like them such as Lloyd and Morrigan. Others because of the gameplay potential like Dante and Monokuma. Other character for their possible stage like Amaterasu and Doomslayer. Others for the Kirby hat like Dragonborn and Scorpion. However, one of the biggest reasons why I support a character is because of they music they can bring. Chrono, 2B, Doomslayer, Sol Badguy, and more. Sadly, Fulgore lies in this area and his really only chance of bringing KI music to Smash is a very small chance. KI 2013 has some amazing music that would work amazing in Smash. If you haven’t heard of this soundtrack, I encourage you to take a listen. It’s absolutely breathtaking. Especially if you listen to the mashups of the character themes as well as the music you get for performing large combos. Here’s a chosen few I love that I would love to see be included in Smash - especially if Fulgore somehow made it in:

The Instinct
Touch Me and I’ll Break your Face (Orchid’s Theme)
Ballad of Death (Sadira’s Theme)
Hinnamatoom (Thunder’s Theme)
Herald of Gargos (Omen and Shadow Jago’s Theme) < easily my most favorite
Temperance and Vengeance (Maya’s Theme)
Village of Whispers (Hisako’s Theme)
Inferno (Cinder’s Theme)

Sorry but I was listening to this soundtrack while playing Animal Crossing and I just want to share my love for it and want desperately for it to be in Smash.
Speaking of AC, whaty fruit do you have?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
you know, call me a sadist, but Im loving this, no pun intended, Despair people are putting themselves in because of the fact they latch on leaks and days and theorys and ads and foreget to think for themselves
I think it's completely fair to laugh when people say nonsensical things. Irrationally emotional. Almost pitiful.
Which seems to have been the last 12 hours here :p

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And then next week:
"October Indie World!"

And the next one:
"Pikmin 3 Switch launch trailer"

...The next one:
"CROWN TUNDRA LAUNCH TRAILER"
Remove the Pikmin 3 launch trailer, and add a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase to the end, and I'd say that's a pretty realistic outcome. After those three weeks, we may see Super Smash Bros., or it may be the week after that.

The other outcome I predict is nothing for two weeks followed by the Partner Showcase, and then maybe Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom