• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hot take, but you lose more brain cells from playing Quickplay than speculating on Smash newcomers.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Looks like Kirby Fighters 2 leaked I'm thinking this will be announced tomorrow (R.I.P smash announcement this week?)

(I know it's a papa genos tweet but I did check for myself, It's legit)
Okay, this? This I like. Especially if they found a way to add the Dream Friends. And do that Copy Ability poll again, too! That was also fun!

Wait, this is about Smash. Um... Bandana Waddle Dee for Smash confirmed?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Looks like Kirby Fighters 2 leaked I'm thinking this will be announced tomorrow (R.I.P smash announcement this week?)

Yeah it ain't this week lol.

Here's hoping for next week. Still not ruling out the second week of October, but that's a more pessimistic take and I'm not really feeling it's that likely at the moment anyway. We'll see how we're sitting by this time next week.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Kirby games are good, so I'm fine with this news.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So from the announcements so far: Our E3 Direct would have featured:

• Min Min reveal
  • Super Mario 35th anniversary games
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Kirby Fighters 2
  • Pikmin 3 Switch port
  • Most of the games in the 3 partner directs
Woulda been a not the greatest but still pretty nice E3 all things considered.

Damn shame about the 'rona.

MintPepsi

Smash Cadet
Kirby Fighters 2 pog
I guess there's gonna be an increase in Bandana Dee shilling in this thread but I just wanna say that I'm happy to see Magolor is on the game's main artwork, glad to see HAL continuing to give my boy some spotlight. He's basically one of the main cast now.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Koopaul

Smash Champion
What was all that talk about Animal Crossing? I didn't hear anything about AC news.

D

Deleted member

Honestly guys?

Bandanna Waddle Dee just got name dropped in advertising and mentioned in the same breath as King Dedede.

People wanna argue he isn't a huge part of his franchise now?
Honestly, yes. I consider Bandana Waddle Dee a major part of the franchise.

They always market Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee to be the quartet of Kirby.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Bandana Dee is a main character in modern Kirby games.

I respect that there are those who don't like the idea of him being in Smash, but to downplay his significance to the Kirby franchise and say he doesn't matter is downright silly.

That's all I really gotta say on the topic of his place in Kirby. :drshrug:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
So from the announcements so far: Our E3 Direct would have featured:

• Min Min reveal
  • Super Mario 35th anniversary games
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Kirby Fighters 2
  • Pikmin 3 Switch port
  • Most of the games in the 3 partner directs
Well if we had had an E3, the Pikmin port might've been out by then already. Missing Paper Mario though.

And now we're at the point where content might've been revealed in the September Direct instead of E3. Like the Monster Hunter stuff could've always been destined for a September Direct.

D

Deleted member

Sorry if this sounds stupid of me, but if Bandana Waddle Dee gets in, what new spirits will they add?

BZocky

Smash Ace

Link to the page and archive for posterity
archive.org
Which system do they play on? > Nintendo Switch systems
It's the second game under SM3DW+BF
(so many people are visiting it right now it's crashing lol)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He's literally on the game's cover art lol
I think she meant as a playable character. Pretty sure he was in the last one too, but only as a boss.

EDIT: Wait...was Kirby Fighters the fighting game? I was thinking of the RPG inspired one.
EDIT EDIT: Yeah it is! I was thinking of Team Kirby Clash. I'm getting excited now!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'know what would be funny? Imagine if they goofed and accidentally updated Smash's copyright again, like what happened with Terry.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Epic Games, Inc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Epic Games, Inc.
No, this is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom