• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Considering she doesn't wear pants, and her **** are barely contained in her shirt, I think CERO would have several choice words about that.
One word: Censorship.

They can easily censor that stuff.

Shroob

Sup?
Ashe, Vi, Ezreal and Sona: “Are we a joke to you?”

And pssssh if you think Ahri’s too sexy for Smash I got one word for you: Evelynn
Okay why Sona. I can get Ashe and Ez but not her.

Sona's a Miku knockoff and has never been exclusively super popular outside of being both easy to use and her massive badonkadonks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last post before bed but I checked my twitter notifs, went through an account’s likes and found THIS
Idk if anyone’s versed in mods/file dumps but

BIG IF TRUE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he meant as a playable character. Pretty sure he was in the last one too, but only as a boss.

EDIT: Wait...was Kirby Fighters the fighting game? I was thinking of the RPG inspired one.
EDIT EDIT: Yeah it is! I was thinking of Team Kirby Clash. I'm getting excited now!
You edit that post, but you forget to remove the "he"...
.>_<.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Crypton Future Media

None of you is ready.
I admit I used to not care about Miku, but now I really like her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
@ 2018 Nintendo

Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Disney / ACTIVISION

None of you are ready. That is all.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
@ 2018 Nintendo

Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Disney / ACTIVISION

None of you are ready. That is all.
GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD AND PITFALL HARRY, LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I, for one, am quite excited to see this conversation devolve into people flooding the discussion with scantily clad girls they want for Smash.
If you had an alignment, you would be chaotic evil.

D

Deleted member

Last post before bed but I checked my twitter notifs, went through an account’s likes and found THIS

BIG IF TRUE

DAMN, this is huge!!!!

Could we get a new mode or something like that?????

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You edit that post, but you forget to remove the "he"...
Well fine if it bothers you that much. Geez.

To be clear though, I made the edits before reading your correction.

BIG IF TRUE
Isn't it just an effect that can be applied to any model without issue?

Even if not, I'd imagine this is only a thing because DLC characters show up in the fight should you own them. Someone would have to confirm this of course, but I doubt they'd make the skins playable, especially since they're sky blue, and so is the sky on a lot of stages.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

To be clear though, I made the edits before reading your correction.

Isn't it just an effect that can be applied to any model without issue?

Even if not, I'd imagine this is only a thing because DLC characters show up in the fight should you own them. Someone would have to confirm this of course, but I doubt they'd make the skins playable, especially since they're sky blue, and so is they sky on a lot of stages.
I've replayed the WoL fight and I've never seen a DLC character show up.

I may be getting unlucky, but I've never once seen a DLC character pop up, which leads me to think they normally cannot.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else notice how Byleth's victory text looks like Spongebob text?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does anyone else notice how Byleth's victory text looks like Spongebob text?
Mod. The person is a modder, but the Galeem/Dharkon clone fighter texture nevertheless exists for every fighter, even Kirby if I had to guess

also both alignments for all characters, like a Galeem-controlled character in WoL canon would still have Dharkon effects and vice versa

Kinda like... how a certain trailer proved...?

ok off to bed for reals now Y E E T

D

Deleted member

1600837487216.png

Thank you for editing it.

Mod. The person is a modder, but the Galeem/Dharkon clone fighter texture nevertheless exists for every fighter, even Kirby if I had to guess

also both alignments for all characters, like a Galeem-controlled character in WoL canon would still have Dharkon effects and vice versa

Kinda like... how a certain trailer proved...?

ok off to bed for reals now Y E E T
I know, it is just funny to me.

Does this confirm a new mode? Good night!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Top 4 likely things these models are for:

4.) New mode: They already said the Stage Builder was the last one.​
3.) They'll randomly be added to each character's list of pallet swaps: Unlikely, as they wouldn't be readable on all stages.​
2.) They're there because they appear in World of Light: This might not be a thing though.​
1.) They're for something they'll never end up implementing and we'll forever wonder what the purpose is.​
EDIT: Actually, here's another possibility: They get added to a new type of Multi Man Smash. Not technically a new mode, and it would be pretty easy to implement. Not all that exciting though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Top 4 likely things these models are for:

4.) New mode: They already said the Stage Builder was the last one.​
3.) They'll randomly be added to each character's list of pallet swaps: Unlikely, as they wouldn't be readable on all stages.​
2.) They're there because they appear in World of Light: This might not be a thing though.​
1.) They're for something they'll never end up implementing and we'll forever wonder what the purpose is.​
EDIT: Actually, here's another possibility: They get added to a new type of Multi Man Smash. Not technically a new mode, and it would be pretty easy to implement. Not all that exciting though.
Could they not just be a failsafe mechanism?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Could they not just be a failsafe mechanism?
That as well. They're probably inaccessible alts, so if the DLC characters didn't have them, then they'd probably crash the game or something if they were called for whatever reason.

So yeah. Not that big of a revelation all things considered.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, wait a minute...
They can.

Didn't save Mai.
To be fair, Mai would just have been a stage cameo. Assuming Ahri or whoever end up as a fighter, I'd imagine that more wiggle room would be given in the way of censorship.

That, and I'm pretty sure Mai's a fair bit more up-front about her fanservicey nature, personality-wise.

Shroob

Sup?
That as well. They're probably inaccessible alts, so if the DLC characters didn't have them, then they'd probably crash the game or something if they were called for whatever reason.

So yeah. Not that big of a revelation all things considered.
That's what I'm thinking.

When the game's calling these fighters, it applies the alternate costume and then checks to make sure everything's okay. I'm imagining if you forced the game to spawn the DLC, if they didn't have the costume, the game would freak out trying to find the costume that didn't exist.

Shroob

Sup?
Hey, wait a minute...

To be fair, Mai would just have been a stage cameo. Assuming Ahri or whoever end up as a fighter, I'd imagine that more wiggle room would be given in the way of censorship.

That, and I'm pretty sure Mai's a fair bit more up-front about her fanservicey nature, personality-wise.
I mean, she literally drains men of their life force for sustenance.

Your imagination is free to interpret that however you wish.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Part of me thinks that Kirby Fighters 2 description increases BWD's chances, but a bigger part of me feels like I'm making a huge stretch. It'd just be really cool to see the little guy make it into the big leagues.
As much as I'd love to see him, only a mainline title's gonna give Nintendo the incentive to add him.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Morrigan does the same **** yet she appears in golf games rated 3+/E so clearly Morrigan's the next character to join LoL and Smash
I think I was told that she feeds on pleasure specifically, which isn't lethal. Though I could be remembering something wrong. EDIT: Or being fed lies.

Why are you pretending you know Nintendo so well?

Banjo-Kazooie was irrelevant, and Nintendo added them in anyways.
I'm just going off of the precedents they've set. All of the current Nintendo characters have been promotional in nature, and I highly doubt that anything that would get little more than a shadowdrop on twitter is going to get a character on those grounds.

Banjo & Kazooie aren't Nintendo characters their criteria seems to be much different.
EDIT: By "they" I mean 3rd party characters.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, she literally drains men of their life force for sustenance.

Your imagination is free to interpret that however you wish.
To be fair, according to what I've gleaned from the wiki and TV Tropes, she's at least trying to reign in her urges, at least in the continuity do-over. In her backstory, she apparently got addicted to the flashes of memories she got from the lifesteal. However, she started getting memories of the tales told about herself, her addiction went off the rails, she drained an entire village.

It's less sexual and more addictive...

Almost like a drug...

Tom.jpg

Arguably that's even worse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom