• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
they will never add ryu. fighting game characters aren't allowed, and he'd be a dr.mario clone
You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

That still brings the question of why would you add spirits for a future fighter way ahead the actual fighter.
If Resident Evil was getting a fighter, why would they release the spirits ahead of time?
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
I have three potential reasons:
  1. 1st party Spirit events tend to coincide with a fighter's release. If they decided later on down the line that they wanted a fighter with a Spirit Board as well, they may decide to keep the pre-planned event because it gives them extra promotion.
  2. If the Spirits were already programmed and ready to go, it wouldn't be a good idea to remove them, and leaving them in would cause them to be discovered by hackers, which likely isn't an ideal situation.
  3. For 3rd party Spirits, not releasing them as planned could go back on the deal that was made to get them in the first place, which would be bad for Nintendo.
  4. There is no discernible reason from an outside perspective. Not all of Nintendo's decisions make sense, even in retrospect.
I should reiterate that I don't think any of these possibilities are a guarantee, and even if I'm right, I may not even be listing the actual terms that lead to what I say happening. I just don't personally think we're looking at disconfirmations yet, just unlikelihoods.

I do think a Pokémon is still a likely contender for this DLC slot and this DLC slot only. The others I mentioned off hand...less likely.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That still brings the question of why would you add spirits for a future fighter way ahead the actual fighter.
If Resident Evil was getting a fighter, why would they release the spirits ahead of time?
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
I can't speak for Resident Evil, but I think it's understandable with Pokémon. Sakurai may have not known which Pokémon he'd add at the time (placeholder), so he just asked his team to add Spirits of Pokémon who would best represent SwSh. With Resident Evil, Astral Chain, Ring Fit, and other games with Spirits, it shouldn't be that hard to immediately narrow down your options.

Plus, regardless of who Sakurai chooses, he can recycle the existing SwSh Spirits like he did with ARMS. Worst-case scenario, he wasted time making one of the four SwSh Spirits because they're playable.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still feel like this drop is make or break for characters like Geno or Waluigi.

While it's still possible that they could come later sure, you'd imagine that, at least in my mind, they'd either want all the important Mario content in game by the time of the Tournament in November, OR at the very least shown off.

Considering that, no, I seriously doubt we'd get a character in October and then another in November,

Either Geno/Waluigi is CP7

He's shown off as CP8 with a "Coming x date"

or he's not in at all, in my own personal opinion, at the very least.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I am of the opinion that if CP7 was a Mario character then it would have been revealed at the Mario direct. They had shown not only a tournament for Smash, but a splafest for Splatoon 2 and considering how it delivered so much Mario related news up to Mario 2021 from the 3D All Star Collection, Mario Kart Live, and Mario 3D World, you would think that if CP7 was a Mario character it would have been logically put in the direct.

Shroob

Sup?
I am of the opinion that if CP7 was a Mario character then it would have been revealed at the Mario direct. They had shown not only a tournament for Smash, but a splafest for Splatoon 2 and considering how it delivered so much Mario related news up to Mario 2021 from the 3D All Star Collection, Mario Kart Live, and Mario 3D World, you would think that if CP7 was a Mario character it would have been logically put in the direct.
But at the same time, we've never once had a character drop in a Game-specific Direct, this is something that's held true forever.

I think it's way too early to call it here when, in my opinion, even if it was a Mario character, previous patterns have shown in regards to reveals that we've never once had a Smash character drop in another game's Direct.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Alright, so if we're getting a Pokemon rep from Sw/Sh, who's it gonna be: Cinderace, Rillaboom, or Inteleon? I'd give more options, but we all know it's going to be one of those three with a 0.1% chance of a surprise non-starter.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, so if we're getting a Pokemon rep from Sw/Sh, who's it gonna be: Cinderace, Rillaboom, or Inteleon? I'd give more options, but we all know it's going to be one of those three with a 0.1% chance of a surprise non-starter.
It's not Rillaboom. Other than that, it's anyone's guess.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I'm not gonna write off a Mario character until AFTER I see this reveal.

If CP7 comes and it's not Mario, or it doesn't show CP8 alongside it being Mario, then in my mind, the chance of us getting a Mario character goes down the ****ter really hard.

But until this reveal, all bets are still on the table, because I'm of the VERY strong belief that a Smash character would not have been dropped in the Mario Direct regardless.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I stand by my stance from long ago that Waluigi is the perfect last character. The type of last character that would be notorious for both good and bad reasons.

Geno can come whenever, I don't think this character is exactly tied to the Mario series as much as he is to Smash at this point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dragapualt. Obviously its the only correct answer.

...Let me dream.

Shroob

Sup?
I stand by my stance from long ago that Waluigi is the perfect last character. The type of last character that would be notorious for both good and bad reasons.

Geno can come whenever, I don't think this character is exactly tied to the Mario series as much as he is to Smash at this point.
I mean, that logic works for us, the fans, but doesn't from a marketing perspective.

We can say things like "Captain Falcon is tied to Smash", but at the end of the day, he's an F-Zero character. If he's in, he's going to be a Mario character.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
She's in.
Anyways...
I'd place my bets on either Cinderance or Inteleon. To me, Rillaboom is a bit too awkward for Smash due to it using drums.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m going to be brave & say we get two reveals soon. One to be released in October, the other to be released in January.

It seems like Nintendo’s finally revealing their cards for the years. I have to imagine we were going to get 3 reveals this year & then 3 next year. Min-Min & FP7 for E3, then FP8 in the fall. Now’s their chance to reveal it all.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m going to be brave & say we get two reveals soon. One to be released in October, the other to be released in January.

It seems like Nintendo’s finally revealing their cards for the years. I have to imagine we were going to get 3 reveals this year & then 3 next year. Min-Min & FP7 for E3, then FP8 in the fall. Now’s their chance to reveal it all.
:ultbyleth:Man this man out here giving our first reveal of the year a cold shoulder.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I mean, that logic works for us, the fans, but doesn't from a marketing perspective.

We can say things like "Captain Falcon is tied to Smash", but at the end of the day, he's an F-Zero character. If he's in, he's going to be a Mario character.
I don't agree. Specifically because of the marketing you yourself mention.

The only real marketing push Geno has is that it's been demanded by a lot of Smash fans for years. There's pretty much no other reason for him to be considered as a Mario representative. If you put Geno in it's to cater to a core audience and for the rest of the fans you at most use pieces like "who is geno? try him out in SMRPG in SNES Online!" or stuff of that sort. Which isn't really Mario marketing.

If you want to market Mario because of anniversary or whatever, you do so via the things people know Mario for. You don't take a random side character from a square Mario spin-off and go "ah yes, this will make even more people buy Mario products." It makes absolutely no sense.

Shroob

Sup?

The only real marketing push Geno has is that it's been demanded by a lot of Smash fans for years. There's pretty much no other reason for him to be considered as a Mario representative. If you put Geno in it's to cater to a core audience and for the rest of the fans you at most use pieces like "who is geno? try him out in SMRPG in SNES Online!" or stuff of that sort. Which isn't really Mario marketing.

If you want to market Mario because of anniversary or whatever, you do so via the things people know Mario for. You don't take a random side character from a square Mario spin-off and go "ah yes, this will make even more people buy Mario products." It makes absolutely no sense.
And what icon would he have at the end of the day? Because I can almost with certainty guarantee it'd be a Mushroom.

The fact of the matter is simply, he's a Mario character, and if there 'is' a Mario character coming, CP7 or 8 is the best spot due to this tournament. He's a Mario character, and while his situation is very awkward, at the end of the day, he'll be sporting a Mushroom.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
People need to stop basing character entries of off anything having to do with spirits.
I mean, it's not off the Spirits themselves, but rather, the timing of the Spirits. If they're from the base game, then there's time to reconsider. If they were added after when FP2 was presumably finalized, though, it's different. If they were chosen to be Spirits, it's most likely that they weren't decided to be fighters, which is why they got Spirits instead

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

He's from a Mario game and would bring Mario content, though.

I'm not sure why he would be classified as anything other as a Mario character, IMO.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
But at the same time, we've never once had a character drop in a Game-specific Direct, this is something that's held true forever.

I think it's way too early to call it here when, in my opinion, even if it was a Mario character, previous patterns have shown in regards to reveals that we've never once had a Smash character drop in another game's Direct.
To counter the point of the game and franchise specific direct, we never had a game/franchise specific direct and a Smash reveal for said game/franchise take place roughly in the same time frame. Like the smallest gap I believe from a series specific direct and a Smash reveal from said franchise was a 4 month gap between the reveal Incineroar and 4 months later (after Ultimate had come out) a Pokemon direct that revealed Sword and Shield. Like I honestly believe the reason why a Smash reveal never happened in a direct dedicated to a franchise is simply due to the very specific circumstances for that to happen never really lined up.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Geno's base game spirit is listed amongst the Super Mario series, mushroom icon and all. Don't think a character promotion would change this notion for him. If he gets in, he'll still be a Mario rep.

For alll intents and purposes, Super Mario RPG is still Super Mario, it's even right in the title

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Don’t like to speculate too much but the week of 9/28-10/4 is the same week Crash 4 releases and a reveal of him that week for smash ultimate can be a good promotion for that game, despite not releasing on Switch until mid 2021.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
He's from a Mario game and would bring Mario content, though.

I'm not sure why he would be classified as anything other as a Mario character, IMO.
And what icon would he have at the end of the day? Because I can almost with certainty guarantee it'd be a Mushroom.

The fact of the matter is simply, he's a Mario character, and if there 'is' a Mario character coming, CP7 or 8 is the best spot due to this tournament. He's a Mario character, and while his situation is very awkward, at the end of the day, he'll be sporting a Mushroom.

Geno's base game spirit is listed amongst the Super Mario series, mushroom icon and all. Don't think a character promotion would change this notion for him. If he gets in, he'll still be a Mario rep.

For alll intents and purposes, Super Mario RPG is still Super Mario, it's even right in the title

All of you misunderstand my point.

Shroob is claiming that Geno would need to happen as FP7 because there is no better time to promote a Mario character than now when they're promoting the Mario 35th anniversary.

I don't care in the slightest what icon Geno has or not, and I don't see why he wouldn't be grouped with Mario characters in-game. What I disagree with is the notion that Geno needs to happen around the same marketing cycle as Mario 35th anniversary.
I honestly don't understand why so many people jump in to talk about the icon when Shroob themselves specified they were talking about a "marketing perspective"

That makes no sense. Geno is not essential to the promotion of Mario's 35th anniversary nor do his chances rely on needing to be FP7. If Sakurai/Nintendo add Geno it's because of Smash fan demand, not because he's a Mario character. It's flawed to think he'll have no other chances to make it in.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I can't bring myself to believe that Mario characters will be out of the running if one isn't announced as FP7 or 8. I really don't think Geno and Waluigi's fates hinge upon an anniversary event when historically those never mattered when it came to a character's inclusion.
Bored so I'm posting one of these, rate my taste I guess
Can't believe you're doing Bandana Dee like that when you have all those other Kirby characters in your most wanted list. Anyway, here's a post I made about these exact 5 characters a while ago. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.
Made some Kirby packs. 5 of them because the next 5 fighter packs are totally gonna be these guys. Decided to actually explain the content behind these packs instead of letting the images speak for themselves.

If this pass is somehow all themed around "second-chances" or whatever, it'll be ****ing devastating if Bandana Dee (or any Kirby character that isn't from Super Star for that matter) doesn't make it.

Anyway, I'd expect him to come with some recycled spirits. Cappy, Kabu, and Broom Hatter are some of the more recognizable reoccurring enemies so I'd expect them to be added at the very least. Kabula was a weird omission that should be fixed with BWD's addition. Hyness or Morpho Knight can both work as the Legend spirit for BWD.

Music list may not be the most diverse, but that's mostly because I divided the selection between all the characters and gave them certain focuses. BWD mostly focuses on Star Allies' soundtrack and some Dedede related tracks like Masked Dedede and Kabula.

Stage selection has the same thought process behind music selection. Dream Palace seemed like the obvious choice for a Star Allies stage. Preferable it would be a single platform stage, with only a bump in the middle that can be climbed from either side. Hazards-On could have Dream Friends appear every once in a while and interrupt the fight. Hazards-Off could have them only appear as cameos.

Classic mode theme is around making new friends. Selections were themed around enemies that turn into allies. You fight each character alongside a friend. :ultbowser: is fought with :ultmario:. :ultmewtwo: with :ultpikachu:. :ultkingdedede: with :ultmetaknight:. :ultdarkpit: with :ultpit:. :ultrichter: with an Alucard assist trophy. Master Hand with :ultkirby:. The last battle is the Master Hand WoL battle.

Overall, BWD is my most wanted Kirby character right now. Not to say the others don't matter, but they don't. (:

If there's anyone I might come to want more than BWD, it's these two and Dark Matter. Crystal Shards is one of my favorite Kirby games and since a remake is probably nowhere in the horizon, a Smash character is the next best thing.

Spirits are all original, surprisingly. Paint Roller and Drawcia are the only non-DL3 and 64 characters, but the reason why should be obvious enough.

Music selection was pretty easy. Crystal Shards and DL3 have a lot of fun tunes. Factory Inspection is one of the best tracks in the series (as you can tell by how many times it's revisited in the series) so having every version of it would be great. I originally was going to have Dark Matter be the one to have Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse content instead of Adeleine, but then I realized what a ****ing idiot I was for thinking that.

Despite how much love I gave to Shiver Star in the music selection, the plaza in Ripple Star that appears in Crystal Shards' cutscenes would be my choice for a stage. It would look great remade in Smash.

Adeleine & Ribbon fight artists in their classic mode path. :ultswordfighter: would be wearing Vince's costume, :ultvillager: is there because of the custom designs you can make in Animal Crossing, :ultbowserjr: has his stolen paintbrush, :ultgnw: is less about the fighter and more about the stage as you would fight him in Pictochat, :ultkirby: because he can paint if given the ability to do it, Marx because he has that paint attack, and Inkling acts as the boss because her classic mode theme is similar.

Adeleine's only grown on me since her reappearance in Star Allies. It's hard to talk about Adeleine without bringing up Brawl in the Family, so here's that classic comic.

The villain I want the most out of the Kirby cast. Sure, Star Allies might not have included it as a Dream Friend, but seeing how its final boss is basically a part of the Dark Matter species, I think that's a fair trade.

Spirits and music are focused on final bosses, Dark Matter related characters, and Dark Meta Knight because he should be in this game somewhere. Some repeats, but mostly original. 5 of the spirits might as well be Legend tier, but Void Termina is the main one. Music selection may appear to be barebones, but you'll soon see where a number of the final boss themes went.

Hyper Zone might not appear to be the most appealing choice for a stage at first glance, but I think if it was a travelling stage that warped around the multiple corrupted stages for the final bosses it would be pretty cool. Imagine Final Destination but with even more disorienting backgrounds.

Classic mode is pretty simple. Dark Matter possesses King Dedede in the first fight and the next fights is the heroic group from Brawl. The hands are the final boss here, nothing crazy.

Dark Matter is a pretty underrated pick in my opinion. Not really expecting it anytime soon, but would be excited if it was included nonetheless.

Funny how Magolor went from a diabolical evil gremlin worse than Marx to a salesman in a flick of a dime.

I gave Magolor the most diverse selection of content. Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, AND Kirby Clash content. Very few repeated spirits, and either Lor Starcutter or Magolor Soul can act as the Legend spirit.

Like I said before, very diverse selection of music. A good number of these tracks are already in the game as direct rips, but remixes are what I mainly want, so let's get them in the game again.

Sidescrolling stage. Shifts from the main dimension to the alternate dimension. Very simple and probably an idea that's being passed around for a while.

Classic mode fights are characters from series with free-to-play/start games: Team Kirby Clash, multiple Pokemon spinoffs, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Miitomo, and Dr. Mario World. Marx is the final boss because Magolor vs Marx is never a bad idea.

Magolor is far from my most wanted, but there's a lot he can bring to the table.

There's not a lot Marx could bring, in my opinion. Super Star already has more than enough content, so there was only a select few new things I was able to include here. I only included him here for the 5 fighters left gag so here's a bunch of nothing.

Spirits based on some bosses and random enemies were easy enough to include, especially with how many are already in the game. Sword and Blade Knight could potentially reference the anime, but I don't know how.

Very few music tracks. This is really just a tidying up list. Heavy Lobster and Galacta Knight are huge omissions and should've been in the base game.

Just pretend that stage picture is supposed to be Nova from Super Star instead of Star Dream. That was the most unique stage I could think of since nearly every unique setting from Super Star is in the game already.

Marx fights round characters. That's it. After Dark Matter, I really didn't want to do another villainish classic mode theme.

I don't hate Marx or Super Star (probably my favorite game in all honesty) but it's hard to pretend that Marx would bring a lot of new content to begin with. At least with other "oversatured" games like Gen 1 Pokemon and Fire Emblem there's more than enough content missing that could be included. Super Star just doesn't. For a final note, I guess I'll just say that I believe Marx was planned to be in the game as a fighter. His intro is very similar to Giga Bowser's and Ganon's, and he was one of only two bosses that weren't revealed before the game's release.
Final verdict: Kirby's a pretty cool series.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If I'm expecting a reveal on the September-October transition week, should my vote on the poll be late September or October?

I can't bring myself to believe that Mario characters will be out of the running if one isn't announced as FP7 or 8. I really don't think Geno and Waluigi's fates hinge upon an anniversary event when historically those never mattered when it came to a character's inclusion.

Can't believe you're doing Bandana Dee like that when you have all those other Kirby characters in your most wanted list. Anyway, here's a post I made about these exact 5 characters a while ago. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.
When I finally get my intro writeups off the ground, I'll probably do overviews for all these guys. The one exception would be Bandana Dee, since we all know who he is and what he does by now. I'll probably swap him out for Galacta Knight.

Not that it matters, because Magolor is by far the best out of the non-BWD candidates.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
All of you misunderstand my point.

Shroob is claiming that Geno would need to happen as FP7 because there is no better time to promote a Mario character than now when they're promoting the Mario 35th anniversary.

I don't care in the slightest what icon Geno has or not, and I don't see why he wouldn't be grouped with Mario characters in-game. What I disagree with is the notion that Geno needs to happen around the same marketing cycle as Mario 35th anniversary.
I honestly don't understand why so many people jump in to talk about the icon when Shroob themselves specified they were talking about a "marketing perspective"

That makes no sense. Geno is not essential to the promotion of Mario's 35th anniversary nor do his chances rely on needing to be FP7. If Sakurai/Nintendo add Geno it's because of Smash fan demand, not because he's a Mario character. It's flawed to think he'll have no other chances to make it in.
Oh, I still think it's very possible he'll make it in, but in my own opinion, his chances will go down the drain significantly.

Considering they're making such a big deal out of this tournament, which is, for all intents and purposes just another throwaway tournament that no one would care about otherwise, you would think that they'd want ALL the Mario content in the game at the same time to highlight all of the Mario series and what Smash has to offer in regards to it.

If Pokemon does this next year for its 25th anniversary, and by "this" I mean "Have a HUGE deal in Smash of 'HEY GUYS WE'RE DOING A BIG, EXCLUSIVE TOURNAMENT at X date", would it not be very odd for them to have the tournament, then, I dunno 2 fighters later release a Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC? To me, this would be very, very odd. Hell, at that point, why would you not just delay the tournament to coincide with the fighter, you have that power to do so.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I mean, Geno or Waluigi as 7th make a lot of sense. Look at how the big fan favorite additions were treated; Ridley came after "Everyone is Here!", Banjo came after Hero, K. Rool came after the Belmonts. Following up Minmin's reveal at E3 with both Mario 35th stuff AND a fan favorite Mario-series addition is just good planning (which has gone out the window due to COVID and delays). Smash additions aren't based around tie-ins, but they take advantage of timing when possible.

MintPepsi

Smash Cadet
Edit: accidentally quoted this without actually saying anything lmao my bad, give me a second
2nd edit: ok i fixed it
Ngl I just find Bandana Dee to be the most boring pick for a Kirby rep, I just don't find him that interesting and I think people vastly overestimate his importance to the series
Made some Kirby packs. 5 of them because the next 5 fighter packs are totally gonna be these guys. Decided to actually explain the content behind these packs instead of letting the images speak for themselves.

If this pass is somehow all themed around "second-chances" or whatever, it'll be ****ing devastating if Bandana Dee (or any Kirby character that isn't from Super Star for that matter) doesn't make it.

Anyway, I'd expect him to come with some recycled spirits. Cappy, Kabu, and Broom Hatter are some of the more recognizable reoccurring enemies so I'd expect them to be added at the very least. Kabula was a weird omission that should be fixed with BWD's addition. Hyness or Morpho Knight can both work as the Legend spirit for BWD.

Music list may not be the most diverse, but that's mostly because I divided the selection between all the characters and gave them certain focuses. BWD mostly focuses on Star Allies' soundtrack and some Dedede related tracks like Masked Dedede and Kabula.

Stage selection has the same thought process behind music selection. Dream Palace seemed like the obvious choice for a Star Allies stage. Preferable it would be a single platform stage, with only a bump in the middle that can be climbed from either side. Hazards-On could have Dream Friends appear every once in a while and interrupt the fight. Hazards-Off could have them only appear as cameos.

Classic mode theme is around making new friends. Selections were themed around enemies that turn into allies. You fight each character alongside a friend. :ultbowser: is fought with :ultmario:. :ultmewtwo: with :ultpikachu:. :ultkingdedede: with :ultmetaknight:. :ultdarkpit: with :ultpit:. :ultrichter: with an Alucard assist trophy. Master Hand with :ultkirby:. The last battle is the Master Hand WoL battle.

Overall, BWD is my most wanted Kirby character right now. Not to say the others don't matter, but they don't. (:

If there's anyone I might come to want more than BWD, it's these two and Dark Matter. Crystal Shards is one of my favorite Kirby games and since a remake is probably nowhere in the horizon, a Smash character is the next best thing.

Spirits are all original, surprisingly. Paint Roller and Drawcia are the only non-DL3 and 64 characters, but the reason why should be obvious enough.

Music selection was pretty easy. Crystal Shards and DL3 have a lot of fun tunes. Factory Inspection is one of the best tracks in the series (as you can tell by how many times it's revisited in the series) so having every version of it would be great. I originally was going to have Dark Matter be the one to have Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse content instead of Adeleine, but then I realized what a ****ing idiot I was for thinking that.

Despite how much love I gave to Shiver Star in the music selection, the plaza in Ripple Star that appears in Crystal Shards' cutscenes would be my choice for a stage. It would look great remade in Smash.

Adeleine & Ribbon fight artists in their classic mode path. :ultswordfighter: would be wearing Vince's costume, :ultvillager: is there because of the custom designs you can make in Animal Crossing, :ultbowserjr: has his stolen paintbrush, :ultgnw: is less about the fighter and more about the stage as you would fight him in Pictochat, :ultkirby: because he can paint if given the ability to do it, Marx because he has that paint attack, and Inkling acts as the boss because her classic mode theme is similar.

Adeleine's only grown on me since her reappearance in Star Allies. It's hard to talk about Adeleine without bringing up Brawl in the Family, so here's that classic comic.

The villain I want the most out of the Kirby cast. Sure, Star Allies might not have included it as a Dream Friend, but seeing how its final boss is basically a part of the Dark Matter species, I think that's a fair trade.

Spirits and music are focused on final bosses, Dark Matter related characters, and Dark Meta Knight because he should be in this game somewhere. Some repeats, but mostly original. 5 of the spirits might as well be Legend tier, but Void Termina is the main one. Music selection may appear to be barebones, but you'll soon see where a number of the final boss themes went.

Hyper Zone might not appear to be the most appealing choice for a stage at first glance, but I think if it was a travelling stage that warped around the multiple corrupted stages for the final bosses it would be pretty cool. Imagine Final Destination but with even more disorienting backgrounds.

Classic mode is pretty simple. Dark Matter possesses King Dedede in the first fight and the next fights is the heroic group from Brawl. The hands are the final boss here, nothing crazy.

Dark Matter is a pretty underrated pick in my opinion. Not really expecting it anytime soon, but would be excited if it was included nonetheless.

Funny how Magolor went from a diabolical evil gremlin worse than Marx to a salesman in a flick of a dime.

I gave Magolor the most diverse selection of content. Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, AND Kirby Clash content. Very few repeated spirits, and either Lor Starcutter or Magolor Soul can act as the Legend spirit.

Like I said before, very diverse selection of music. A good number of these tracks are already in the game as direct rips, but remixes are what I mainly want, so let's get them in the game again.

Sidescrolling stage. Shifts from the main dimension to the alternate dimension. Very simple and probably an idea that's being passed around for a while.

Classic mode fights are characters from series with free-to-play/start games: Team Kirby Clash, multiple Pokemon spinoffs, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Miitomo, and Dr. Mario World. Marx is the final boss because Magolor vs Marx is never a bad idea.

Magolor is far from my most wanted, but there's a lot he can bring to the table.

There's not a lot Marx could bring, in my opinion. Super Star already has more than enough content, so there was only a select few new things I was able to include here. I only included him here for the 5 fighters left gag so here's a bunch of nothing.

Spirits based on some bosses and random enemies were easy enough to include, especially with how many are already in the game. Sword and Blade Knight could potentially reference the anime, but I don't know how.

Very few music tracks. This is really just a tidying up list. Heavy Lobster and Galacta Knight are huge omissions and should've been in the base game.

Just pretend that stage picture is supposed to be Nova from Super Star instead of Star Dream. That was the most unique stage I could think of since nearly every unique setting from Super Star is in the game already.

Marx fights round characters. That's it. After Dark Matter, I really didn't want to do another villainish classic mode theme.

I don't hate Marx or Super Star (probably my favorite game in all honesty) but it's hard to pretend that Marx would bring a lot of new content to begin with. At least with other "oversatured" games like Gen 1 Pokemon and Fire Emblem there's more than enough content missing that could be included. Super Star just doesn't. For a final note, I guess I'll just say that I believe Marx was planned to be in the game as a fighter. His intro is very similar to Giga Bowser's and Ganon's, and he was one of only two bosses that weren't revealed before the game's release.
Final verdict: Kirby's a pretty cool series.
These are all pretty cool although your choice for Bandana Dee's stage is a little lame. If you're going for a stage related to Bandana Dee, Megaton Punch would've been a neat pick or a stage from RtDL could've worked. If you specifically wanted a Star Allies stage though, the altar at the end of the game would've been a cool pick.
As for Adeleine, 5 versions of Factory Inspection is a little much even if the song is a straight banger lol. Her classic mode is cool although I'd switch Inkling and Marx.
Dark Matter's stage choice and classic mode route is pretty sick.
I think Magolor's stage should just be Another Dimension, a sidescrolling stage referencing the greyscale dimensional rifts is a cool idea but Another Dimension is just more memorable I feel, it returned in Star Allies for a reason. Although I like what you did for the classic mode.
As for Marx, good stage pick.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Most of us aren't expecting any western characters, right? After Sakurai's statement on how the communication with Rare for Banjo's development was difficult for him, I can't really see the likes of Crash, Steve, Master Chief or even Lara Croft (even if she's owned by a Japanese company). Sakurai probably opted for a more more lax development for FP2. And picking exclusively Japanese characters would help with that I'd assume. Also, those characters listed are super expensive and I can't see Nintendo spending that much on DLC this late into the game's life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom