• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Partner Showcase or not, they gotta reveal Fighter 7 eventually. They can't keep sitting on it forever, unless they for some reason want Fighters Pass 2 to fail harder than 40$-Diddy Kong.
It's pretty clear, they purposely just want to keep teasing us, that's why despite FP7 being pretty much complete at this point and the Sakurai presents having been recorded months prior hasn't been released yet obviously.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's pretty clear, they purposely just want to keep teasing us, that's why despite FP7 being pretty much complete at this point and the Sakurai presents having been recorded months prior hasn't been released yet obviously.
I don't think they're teasing us.

Teasing implies they're hinting at something period.

They're just slow rolling out their E3 dump one item per week.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 285802

But I have a theory. People talk loud when they want to be heard, right?

View attachment 285803

Correct!

View attachment 285804

So maybe, if we all complain loudly, Nintendo might listen to us! Everybody ready?

View attachment 285805

View attachment 285806

And a one, and a two, and a one, two, three, four!

View attachment 285807
Okay, new theory: maybe we should complain so quietly, Nintendo can't hear us.

"Well maybe we wouldn't sound so bad if some people didn't try to speculate with STUPID WOODEN PUPPET!"

"What did you say, PUNK?"

"STUPID."

"WOODEN."

"PUPPET!!!"

"Well this wooden puppet isn't just for smash speculation!"

"Bring it on, Geno fan! Bring it on!"

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wild how everyone thought Nintendo's big 2020 offerings would be NMH3 and BD2, and now Bravely's MIA, NMH is delayed and we're looking forward to an exclusive Monster Hunter game being announced.
It's honestly kinda refreshing after months of "When is Mario." I'm admittedly pretty neutral towards Mario-Heresy, I know-And the recent talk about Monster Hunter has my interest in the series piqued, so this might be something I'll actually check out.
I don't think they're teasing us.

Teasing implies they're hinting at something period.

They're just slow rolling out their E3 dump one item per week.
When you think about it, we've pretty much been getting a month-long mini, with one announcement a week and a wait in between. By the end of the month, we'll have gotten a full direct's worth of announcements, filler and all.
imma go in tomorrow thinking that MH will not show so I won't be disappointed when it doesn't
You say that like you're doing something different than what you always do.

Shroob

Sup?
It's honestly kinda refreshing after months of "When is Mario." I'm admittedly pretty neutral towards Mario-Heresy, I know-And the recent talk about Monster Hunter has my interest in the series piqued, so this might be something I'll actually check out.

When you think about it, we've pretty much been getting a month-long mini, with one announcement a week and a wait in between. By the end of the month, we'll have gotten a full direct's worth of announcements, filler and all.

You say that like you're doing something different than what you always do.
This is why I'm banking on Crown Tundra next week.

Once Crown Tundra news is out there, then aside from Smash, Nintendo has literally nothing left unless they want to hem and haw about the Pikmin 3 port.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once Crown Tundra news is out there, then aside from Smash, Nintendo has literally nothing left unless they want to hem and haw about the Pikmin 3 port.
Nintendo: We were considering revealing some Smash news and who FP7 is but nah instead here's more unrelated Smash news that we were saving on revealing for next year instead.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

"Well maybe we wouldn't sound so bad if some people didn't try to speculate with STUPID WOODEN PUPPET!"

"STUPID."

"WOODEN."

"PUPPET!!!"

It almost feels like you're trying to start another Geno argument. Let's nip that one in the bud and only bring the guy up if we actually want some constructive discussion about him.
This is why I'm banking on Crown Tundra next week.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be pushing Pikmin 3 Deluxe that hard. Maybe a couple ads here and there, but now that they have the Mario remasters, Age of Calamity, and potentially a new Monster Hunter, it's not like it's all they have for a while like, say, XC:DE. Besides, if they're willing to push multiple new games in a single month, surely they can make some room for a mere pack of DLC?

D

Deleted member

It almost feels like you're trying to start another Geno argument. Let's nip that one in the bud and only bring the guy up if we actually want some constructive discussion about him.
That wasn't my full intention, I am tired of Geno arguments. I apologize if my post sounded too much like that.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That wasn't my full intention, I am tired of Geno arguments. I apologize if my post sounded too much like that.
It's fine to be tired of Geno debates, but if you word it like that, it sounds like you're inviting his supporters to defend him, which will likely snowball into yet another Geno debate. Try to be careful with your wording in future instances.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"STUPID."

"WOODEN."

"PUPPET!!!"

Untitle6.png

No people, let's be smart and bring it off.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Brawl’s reveal trailer would be another example of this. I’m hoping that might be another reason for the delay. They just decided to say **** it & scrap the individual CG trailers in favor of one big trailer.
At the same time however, FP1 has plenty of trailers that would be cheaper than all-new CG already. Joker's 2D animation, Banjo-Kazooie rehashing K. Rool's, Terry using Neo-Geo sprites, Byleth being a mix of reused 3H assets and some new 2D animation. Hero's was the only one that'd be an expensive CG spectacle.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
My own hypothetis of happenings:

Partner Direct tomorrow

Next week Crown Tundra news + BotW HW on Saturday+Tokyo Game Show around the same time(I believe they said BotW HW was on the 26th, which is a Saturday?)

And after that, there's nothing left, literally nothing left for Nintendo to talk about.

Meaning that I'm going all in on Smash for the last week of September, which bleeds into October, and fits Amiibo theory like a glove.
This makes sense to me. This is amiibo Theory's chance to prove itself, if we get past the amiibo releases with nothing, then that's gonna be a blow to it in my eyes.

I was starting to feel pessimistic and think October was our reveal month, but now I'm starting to come back around on the end of this month. Wait and see, I suppose.

Shroob

Sup?
This makes sense to me. This is amiibo Theory's chance to prove itself, if we get past the amiibo releases with nothing, then that's gonna be a blow to it in my eyes.

I was starting to feel pessimistic and think October was our reveal month, but now I'm starting to come back around on the end of this month. Wait and see, I suppose.
Well, remember that the last week of this month bleeds into October, so the drop would technically be in October, since personally, I'm pinning October 1st.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, remember that the last week of this month bleeds into October, so the drop would technically be in October, since personally, I'm pinning October 1st.
Oh the drop is most definitely looking like October to me, I was mainly talking about reveal: I think the reveal will probably just barely make it at the end of September, like you said.

...If amiibo theory holds. For all I know, Nintendo will spend weeks talkin' up Pikmin 3 (Not likely IMO, but who knows, it's 2020 Nintendo).

D

Deleted member

It's fine to be tired of Geno debates, but if you word it like that, it sounds like you're inviting his supporters to defend him, which will likely snowball into yet another Geno debate. Try to be careful with your wording in future instances.
Yes my friend, I apologize. I will be more careful with my wording the future.

Shroob

Sup?
Personally, I'm gonna bet the other way around. Smash and AoC next week, then SwSh: CT afterwards. The character probably releases somewhere early-to-mid October as a way to tide everyone over.
On the contrary, the fact that they dropped a Crown Tundra teaser to me tells me that they're ready to talk about it, and are giving a teaser of it.

Shroob

Sup?
It will probably be out either October or November.
That's not what matters here. What matters is Nintendo's slow rolling out info, and the little teaser for Crown Tundra is no way all that's gonna get. They're absolutely saving a BIG trailer for it that'll announce the release date, and if our "One big drop a week" holds true, that'll be a future week's big drop.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
On the contrary, the fact that they dropped a Crown Tundra teaser to me tells me that they're ready to talk about it, and are giving a teaser of it.
Imo, it means they're just tiding us over to the next announcement. If CT releases in November, why have the trailer now and not closer to the actual launch? It'll likely be a full overview presentation anyway.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given how much Nintendo's playing things close to the chest as of late, it wouldn't be a surprise for them to do news/video drops about CT relatively close to release. Especially when as noted, notable news till start to dry up the later we get in fall.

D

Deleted member

Isle of Armor didn't get a full overview tbh.
No, but datamines for this expansion show a LOT of older legendaries returning....or at least able to be used in SwSh. There's apparently a data leak that shows
That this new expansion is split into 4 little story arcs; one of which has 'Ultra Space' in its name, so its looking like this going to be a fairly big expansion. At least with things to do, anyway.

I'm fairly positive they're going to have a proper Trailer for it if not its own Pokedirect entirely at some point.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, that's what I'm thinking we'd get next week.
There's one little detail, though: with IoA, they had a general trailer for both parts of the Pass in the month it launched. But with the first part already out, it makes more sense to focus entirely on CT this time around.

This means we're probably looking at a smaller number of trailers, but they'll be more substantial in terms of content compared to IoA.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I think a Pokemon Direct is in the cards for next week, probably a Mini. Get out all the info for the Sword/Shield expansion passes, maybe announce further content if that's a thing. They could go into depth on the new Pokemon Snap and give updates on their apps and such.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think if we would be getting cubfu they would have shown if off by now instead of after they are trying to push other dlc but I could be wrong
Well, the dlc's not out yet, so it's still a good time. But really I dunno what nintendo's doing these days XD I just wanna know who's next

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I forgot about Cubfu. Think it has a chance for smash? :p
If we get a Gen 8 Pokemon I'm pretty sure it would be a base game Pokemon. Why would they add a pokemon who only appears in 1 DLC that is about to be outdated soon when you can add a Pokemon that players are guaranteed to see at least once like one of the starters or Zacian/Zamazenta.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I forgot about Cubfu. Think it has a chance for smash? :p
I doubt it. Above all else in priority would be the base game, as that's what the bulk of the playerbase will get and is what everyone needs for the DLC. After that comes the Crown Tundra, with is the last of the DLC (As of current) and would get more time in the spotlight by virtue of not having anything after it. Isle of Armor comes in last, being the awkward middle child of the bunch. It isn't needed for the other DLC, nor will it be the latest in the public consciousness. Honestly, if it weren't for Byleth starting up the "first-party shill" mindset, Cubfu and Urshifu wouldn't be discussed nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom