• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Can we get this sign but instead of accident free we replace it with "Since The Last Geno Discourse"
You forgot the zero. :troll:

Anyway, some people are thinking Geno is next in the next possible Direct in terms of being revealed, and even if some aren't 100 percent confident and sure; that is still just overconfidence here.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Y'know, Waluigi's probably the biggest turnaround for me in terms of wants. At first I hopped on the Waluigi hate bandwagon, but cut to a couple years later when the outcry has boiled down and a brief check of the Mario Wiki and I go "Actually, this guy's pretty funny. A fairly major character, too." Maybe once everything's boiled down I'll change my mind on Geno.
Personally I feel like the Mario RPGs are prevalent and important enough to warrant a newcomer, though for me it's a tossup between Paper Mario and Fawful.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You forgot the zero. :troll:

Anyway, some people are thinking Geno is next in the next possible Direct in terms of being revealed, and even if some aren't 100 percent confident and sure; that is still just overconfidence here.
I swear, every time I see a comment saying he's next, I get nervous of what will happen if it turns his Mii costume is back. The world's burning enough as is...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I swear, every time I see a comment saying he's next, I get nervous of what will happen if it turns his Mii costume is back. The world's burning enough as is...
He's next. :troll:

Sorry, I just had to do that. But yeah, it will be a raging forest fire if his Mii costume comes back instead.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If the Geno Mii comes back, I would hope it's with someone like Isaac or Crash; Someone who could take the blow. That way they didn't "steal" Geno's spot, and we'd be meming about how Geno sacrificed himself for them instead.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I still don't get why people want Geno so much. Is it nostalgia?
Geno just doesn't seem that interesting, it's just like a wooden Mega Man in my eyes.
(Also this is coming from someone who has never played 7 Stars)

oh god what did i just say
He is like the equivalent of Piccolo of Dragon Ball to Mario Universe, is intelligent and has a cape lol. So he is a cool character.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
50/50 is grossly overestimating what this thread thinks of Geno's chances. Every time Geno gets brought up, it's always the same song and dance...
  • He's a """"""""""side character"""""""""" from an old game that no one has ever played... despite Nintendo re-releasing the game multiple times by now.
  • He's got a huge fan following... but that totally means nothing for his chances, despite Ridley, Banjo, King K. Rool, and a good chunk of the other characters debuting in Ultimate.
  • Square Enix and/or Nintendo would rather go for 2B, Neku, or some other character who doesn't even have half the Smash requests Geno has, because "relevance" and "popularity".
  • Sakurai once acknowledged that Geno is a popular Smash request and that he himself wanted to make Geno playable at some point... but apparently he's changed his mind and will never include Geno now because he totally doesn't care now. Assist Trophies staying unplayable though, he's never changing his mind on that one...
  • He was a Mii costume before in Smash 4, so they'll just bring it back to "satisfy" the fans who actually wanted him playable (maybe even make it "premium") because we all know the Miis are just perfect recreations of their respective characters. Brawlers? Totally play the same as Heihachi and Spring Man. Swordfighters? It's like the November 1st Direct never happned and Isaac is already playable. Gunners? Practically one to one with Proto Man and X. Just ignore that a good chunk of Smash Ultimate's new fighters were previously Smash 4 Mii costumes, or that the Geno costume was absent from the first Fighters Pass despite there being three different opportunities to bring it back.
Everyone is biased to a certain degree. Besides that fact, what we can do? I mean. I'd like to think everyone here thinks very highly of my most wanteds, but I know that wouldn't be the case. Geno will seem likely to some, and not that likely to get in to others. Nothing wrong with that, assuming all opinions and perspectives are expressed with respect and valid points.

Beyond that, I will comment your points.

1. Yes. Nintendo has re-released the game multiple times. That definitely shows that they are aware of Super Mario RPG fan following. But... I don't think that nullifies the fact that yes, Geno's still a side character from an old game, and saying that isn't negative or a criticism. It's a fact. Of course, that could change someday. Who knows, maybe Geno will make more appearances in the future beyond re-releases and his presence in Smash.

2. It would be really foolish to deny Geno's popularity and the fan demand that exists for him. But that doesn't guarantee he's in. Yeah, Ridley, Banjo or K. Rool were added... but it isn't like these 3 plus Geno are the only popular demands in the community, right? Because if being popular was a lock for being playable, we would already have characters such as Isaac, BWD or Shantae, to name only three examples. My point is: Geno's very popular in the community, but so are other characters. Some are veterans of speculation, like the 3 characters I mentioned before, and others are more recent, like Crash or Doomslayer. Being a popular request is great, but it won't guarantee nothing.

3. Granted, the "Square and Nintendo would rather go for another IP" it's mostly speculation, but I don't know, if you ask me, that seems like a very logical scenario. I don't have anything against Geno, but from a business perspective, it would make sense to push IPs or characters that you are actually using at the moment. Of course, inactive characters aren't impossible, and Nintendo can decide to add a popular request to please the hardcore fans, they already did that with Banjo. But because that happened with him, it doesn't mean that Geno will follow him and be added 100% for sure. If we go by that logic, Geno could also end being Mii Costume'd, because "it already happened with Heihachi".
Also, I'd like to talk about requests and popularity here. Yes, Neku or 2B don't really have as much demand as Geno, but is that really a big obstacle? I mean, Smash has frequently added characters that weren't really that demanded within the community without any problem. Joker or Terry are two examples.

As I said multiple times, I do actually think Geno has good chances. Basically 50/50 in my opinion, which is very good, I believe. And I'd be completely okay with him in the roster. He would fill the slot of notable fan request in the Fighter Pass 2 very well, and without Banjo, I could see Nintendo going for him assuming we will get at least another character that fits that role.
The thing: is Geno popular? Absolutely. That makes him a lock? Obviously not. Would be Geno a great pick to appeal the hardcore fans? Yes. Is he the only option for that? Clearly not.

It's hard to say where things will go. Nintendo adding another popular request seems like a lock to me, and Geno is clearly in a good position for that. At the same time, almost no one thought that ARMS was in a good position for Pass 2, and here we are. So who knows, we probably will get another popular fan request, but it doesn't mean it has to be Geno.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Implying that Sakurai wanting Geno in Smash isn't circumstantial evidence, then proceeding to try to weaken it's impact and make it appear as circumstantial evidence. Pick a side of the fence before you swing for it my guy.

I've seen you in the thread and you are mostly cool, but this post reeks of strawmanning imo.

This whole post going against some made-up fanbase who thinks their character is the only character with good chances or that deserves to get in, that all we do is smell our own farts and laugh at the silly little peasants who stan non-Geno characters while we sip on ice-cold glasses of KeroKero Cola.

I can 100% confirm that is not the case. What is the case is that it is the most active Newcomer Support thread that grows in support fairly regularly and has a bunch of people who love Geno but are really impatient about Nintendo news. We have a member who is funny and witty and has been supporting Geno since ye olden days and he's more or less a figurehead of the thread. He occasionally gets insider information to share and often mixes his own conjecture with it, and the thread is fairly split on believing it wholeheartedly, being hopeful but having doubt, and thinking he's full of ****. We talk about speculation almost constantly because the character we support doesn't have a lot to discuss that we haven't already due to his nature of being in a single playable appearance, memes get shared, and we get the occasional thread invasion of asshats who have nothing better to do than bother a fandom because they love a character.

Then we have people posting things like this, telling us not to be an echo chamber even though the whole thread is about wanting a single character in Smash. Similar dumb things are posted there, like telling people to curb their excitement because everyone is a child who can't manage themselves or still giving attention to 4chan text leaks that never had a chance to mean anything.

I'm seeing a lot of people take one piece of the puzzle, try to disprove or invalidate it, but then leaving the rest untouched. Sure, perhaps you can invalid one or two points by saying that they aren't unique to Geno or trying to spin them to somehow be against him, but I don't see anyone here knocking down each and every single point. In fact, I see more arguments about Geno fans than Geno himself.

Geno could very likely not be the most-wanted character. Once again, polls are very inaccurate and can be manipulated in many ways so it's hard to know for sure, but Geno tends to hit top ten status in the majority of mock polls in reference to characters people want. I've seen many a character place higher than him, though I've also seen these characters come and go with speculation and hype while Geno remains. This means that in the very least, Geno fans have staying power.

Also, Geno fans are allowed to say that Ultimate would 'feel complete' with him. You are right, it is subjective...and there is nothing wrong with that. If a Geno fan thinks Ultimate is perfect as it is with Geno in, they are allowed to feel that way, which they rightfully should. Imagine telling someone it's not right from them to be satisfied with a game because they got the content they wanted. What you are doing right now is taking a subjective opinion on how someone feels and saying 'it's wrong' or 'there is a problem with this' just because this opinion doesn't include what you think it should. Why should a Geno fan not be content with Geno's inclusion? I know for a fact that when Geno gets in, I have no objections to any other inclusions. Sakurai could bounce off the walls and throw in characters I've never heard of or even grab characters from companies I don't like and I could care less. There is nothing wrong with that, so stop acting as if it's a bigger issue than it really is.

Also, I think you haven't been in the thread regularly, because I constantly see it rise in which the majority of the thread is positive on his chances, and I've seen it fall to where the majority thinks only his Mii Costume is coming back. There is no illusion or grandeur here, just people who want a character in Smash and look for reasons as to why he may be coming.

Funny fact you mention Krystal though. I'm all for other people talking about why their character could get in and to give evidence as to why. In fact, that's one of the reasons I came to this thread: to see who people think is likely and why. My opening debut was just to discuss two characters I didn't get a chance to in the RTC thread and to get an idea on why people really think that Sora and Geno have such low chances of happening.

As someone who constantly looks at evidence and decides if it means anything worth considering, I encourage this for other characters. The issue here is I don't think other long-time requests have much, if any evidence to go on. Sure Crash has some things, Lloyd has some things, Master Chief has some things, Dante has a couple things, Rayman has some things: out of those, only three of them have been talked about for a while, IE legacy character talks.

Where is the evidence for Isaac? For Krystal? Bandanna Dee? I'm all for it, but there has been seemingly no hubub for them or I'm sure I would have heard about it.

This is where Geno shines right now: he has the legacy in the Smash community, he has the support from both a loyal and active fanbase and from the lead dev himself, he's got all the weird things going on around him. Even if you throw away everything but his fan support, he would get in eventually.

And I think that will be my final point that I would encourage everyone to take to heat. Sakurai listens to fans, even if it takes time to get things done. Don't give up on your character. Talk about them on social media, share your art, promote content that features them. Make sure it can be seen that your character's fanbase is alive and well and still thirsty for content and it will eventually come your way. Sakurai has worked through issue after issue to make it happen thus far, so by all means show your support.
I think I've been hostile today and I want to back off of that because that's not who I am.

Earlier today there was some tension between this thread and some folks that came over from the Geno thread. At first I wanted to try to explain to the Geno fans why some people in here aren't to inclined to talk about the character, and I tried explaining it in the best way I understood. But as the posts went on, I'll admit I got swept up in hype of debating, because I literally never debate about anything period.

Firstly, I was wrong to generalize the Geno community, or thread in particular, as a whole, painting the picture of a group of people who don't care about anyone but Geno and everyone underneath them are nothing. I love a lot of people in the Geno thread, and I think you're a cool dude Foresaken M! It was definitely a **** move on my part to generalize here, so I'll admit I'm wrong.

I guess this whole "anti-Geno tirade" I went on today was me just having enough of single character thread discussions, and I vented. Was it unfair I targeted Geno's community specifically? I think so, and I apologize because you were right that I haven't been there in a while. How can I debate about something when I don't even have all the facts? I really meant no disrespect with what I was saying, but in the end, I definitely did more harm than good.

I started out trying to bridge both sides of the brewing debate because I genuinely like this thread AND the Geno thread, but I got out of hand.

I DO however stick by my reasoning of taking a break from the Geno thread. It's true that the options for discussion in the Geno thread are pretty limited, and naturally people will look for reasons to support the character as the main focus of discussion. But I'm tired of that whole cycle, of character specific threads in general, not just Geno, which makes me feel a bit ****ty for targeting him in particular.

If you feel I'm full of ****, or that you think I'm not worthy of listening to, that's fair, but this is the honest truth. If there really is some actual "war" between this thread and the Geno thread, I'm not on any side because that's stupid and that's petty. I love Geno, and I love talking in this thread.

Tl;dr: What you saw today was a novice debater who tried to play devil's advocate without relevant information or research put in. I'm kinda glad you called me out while I was in the middle of my spats, however, because this is a learning experience for me. I don't know why I was stupid enough to enter debates without really knowing everything, but it's a lesson I clearly had to learn. Even if you've lost respect for me for what I've said today, I at least thank you for that.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
He's next. :troll:

Sorry, I just had to do that. But yeah, it will be a raging forest fire if his Mii costume comes back instead.
If the Geno Mii costume comes back now, it will show that Nintendo and the developers learned absolutely nothing from the infamous November 1st Direct, which I've lately been calling the "Everyone Is Disappointed" Direct, and for good reason: they somehow thought it was a good idea to not reveal a bunch of fan favorite picks like Isaac, Shadow, and Skull Kid as Assist Trophies until the last Direct before Ultimate's release, complete with revealing two playable characters who were very clear exceptions to the "focusing on fan favorites" pattern (even without the equally infamous Grinch Leak, I doubt that :ultincineroar::ultken: would've been seen as a good reveal to end off Ultimate's base roster), and a generic Mario enemy as the game's first DLC character just to rub salt in the wound.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If the Geno Mii costume comes back now, it will show that Nintendo and the developers learned absolutely nothing from the infamous November 1st Direct, which I've lately been calling the "Everyone Is Disappointed" Direct, and for good reason: they somehow thought it was a good idea to not reveal a bunch of fan favorite picks like Isaac, Shadow, and Skull Kid as Assist Trophies until the last Direct before Ultimate's release, complete with revealing two playable characters who were very clear exceptions to the "focusing on fan favorites" pattern (even without the equally infamous Grinch Leak, I doubt that :ultincineroar::ultken: would've been seen as a good reveal to end off Ultimate's base roster), and a generic Mario enemy as the game's first DLC character just to rub salt in the wound.
Not to be that person, but they ended FP1 with Byleth. I don't think Nintendo cares THAT much about fan demand. And I'm saying that as someone who WANTED Byleth.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When a character is not deconfirmed until well into the process, Nintendo just throws it out there, most of the audience either doesn't care or is disappointed but shrugs their shoulders, moving on, and a small portion of the fanbase feels like they've been "slapped in the face", I'm not exactly sure the former two groups are the problem.

I think some might be in a bit too deep if they walk away from a deconfirmation feeling personally slighted.

Not to pick on the Geno fanbase, but they are the only ones I see saying this: no one should ever get so invested that they believe their character is "100% guaranteed". That's, frankly, ridiculous, a good way to get over-invested, and a mentality that can easily slip into feeling like you are now "owed" something. And once you feel you are owed, it's a quick stop to entitled, and then feeling like it's somehow personal is right across the street.

But none of this is personal. It's just a game. It's a pastime. Don't lose sight that the stakes should be low.

And I don't want to just pick on Geno people, because the Isaac fanbase did a lot of this too, and it became very unpleasant in that thread circa the November Direct, because expectations had gotten out of hand previously, everything came crashing down, and people were acting like Sakurai put on his best glove and started slapping away.

Just... go with the flow. Expect the worst, and simply hope for the best. A character should not be assumed in until proven out, that's backwards. A character should be assumed out until proven in.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't think fan demand is the most essential part to getting picked in Smash, but it would be wrong to say it doesn't matter. While fan demand may not be the end all be all, it still affects Nintendo's choices. We can see that with how Banjo & Kazooie got picked during the first fighters pass despite Master Chief and Steve being the more lucrative options from a general gaming stand point. Byleth was chosen for the reason of advertising an upcoming Nintendo game, but that doesn't mean Nintendo only focuses on characters that are promotional in nature. In the first pass we've had:

• A modern iconic character with minimal to none Nintendo appearances at the time of being chosen.
  • A character with a huge legacy dating to the 80s, wasn't picked for promotional purposes but was used to promote the latest game.
  • A fan favorite character that is a huge popular request. Regardless of how impactful they were during their heyday, they would have never gotten in if it wasn't for their fan demand.
  • A legacy character from a company that helped inspire the creation of Smash, both in terms of mechanics and experience to the creator.
  • A character who promotes an upcoming Nintendo game.

What this paints is that every character is picked for different reasons. It's why I think getting another fan favorite character in the second pass is a likely possibility. While I want Waluigi, I don't see him ever getting picked due to Nintendo not caring about the character at all. At least Geno has the blessings of the creator of the game and that's more than you can say for other fan favorite characters.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
When a character is not deconfirmed until well into the process, Nintendo just throws it out there, most of the audience either doesn't care or is disappointed but shrugs their shoulders, moving on, and a small portion of the fanbase feels like they've been "slapped in the face", I'm not exactly sure the former two groups are the problem.

I think some might be in a bit too deep if they walk away from a deconfirmation feeling personally slighted.

Not to pick on the Geno fanbase, but they are the only ones I see saying this: no one should ever get so invested that they believe their character is "100% guaranteed". That's, frankly, ridiculous, a good way to get over-invested, and a mentality that can easily slip into feeling like you are now "owed" something. And once you feel you are owed, it's a quick stop to entitled, and then feeling like it's somehow personal is right across the street.

But none of this is personal. It's just a game. It's a pastime. Don't lose sight that the stakes should be low.

And I don't want to just pick on Geno people, because the Isaac fanbase did a lot of this too, and it became very unpleasant in that thread circa the November Direct, because expectations had gotten out of hand previously, everything came crashing down, and people were acting like Sakurai put on his best glove and started slapping away.

Just... go with the flow. Expect the worst, and simply hope for the best. A character should not be assumed in until proven out, that's backwards. A character should be assumed out until proven in.
I'm kinda surprised that people don't realize that, theoretically, the sole purpose of all of this DLC is just for Nintendo to turn a bigger profit on Ultimate one way or another:

Joker is flashy and exciting, so he's great for marketing.
Hero comes from an iconic and recognizable series, so he's good for marketing.
Banjo was highly-requested and unexpected (coming from a rival company), so he's good for marketing.
Terry relies less on being recognizable and more on being fun to play, so he's good for marketing.
Byleth has the benefit of coming from a fresh and well-received game from a Nintendo IP, so they're good for marketing.
Min Min comes from Nintendo's newest (and arguably underrated) IP, so she's good for marketing (to both games).

It was never about completely pleasing fans, in my view.
(Although, people will kiss Sakurai's ass for practically anything that he does).

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I'll take the Geno costume back, I'd rather have it than nothing at all. It's the whole reason I play Mii gunner occasionally!

Also, I'd love to see a Spelunky mii costume. I am beyond stoked for Spelunky 2, Spelunky HD is as close to perfection as you can get (IMO).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I asked a similar question yesterday but I figured it would be interesting if I went along with this kinda pattern:

What spirits would you want your most wanted to come with?
Sakura Wars series
  1. Sakura Shinguji (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Ichiro Ogami (:ultrobin:, :starman::starman::starman:) -> Ichiro Ogami (Battle) (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  3. Sumire Kanzaki (:ultlucina:, :starman::starman:) -> Sumire Kanzaki (New Sakura Wars) (:starman::starman::starman:)
  4. Maria Tachibana (:ultzss:, :starman::starman:)
  5. Iris Chateaubriand (:ultlucas:, :starman:)
  6. Kohran Li (:ultrob:, :starman:)
  7. Kanna Kirishima (:ultryu:, :starman::starman:)
  8. Orihime Soletta (:ultrosalina:, :starman::starman:)
  9. Reni Milchstraße (:ultsheik:, :starman:)
  10. Ayame Fujieda (:ultpalutena:, :starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  11. Erica Fontaine (:ultpeach:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  12. Gemini Sunrise (:ultdaisy:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  13. Shinjiro Taiga (:ultmarth:, :starman::starman:)
  14. Sakura Amamiya (Sakura, :starman::starman:)
  15. Seijuro Kamiyama (:ultchrom:, :starman::starman:)

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I wasn't disappointed so you're already wrong. :shades:
Honestly though, there was nothing to learn from that direct since there wasn't any prominent backlash. The video has a very skewed like:dislike ratio and people didn't hate Incineroar or Pirahna Plant. Expectations by the time of the November direct were honestly not that high despite what the Grinch leak's presence would have you believe. Ultimate already hit its climax with "Everyone is Here!" In terms of its roster, all it had to do to meet expectations after that was have the Inklings, a Pokemon, and a handful of fan requests, and it did just that.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Lowkey, Part of me wishes Geno gets in as a Premium costume rather than Playable so we could combine Geno and Sans together, and Fully realize the "Geno from Earthbound" Prophecy

Honestly, even if Geno is Playable, They should bring back his Costume

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
What I don't understand is all the talk of "it's gonna be hell if Geno's not confirmed". Anytime Nintendo announces anything, every smash announcement, there are Nintendo fans ******** it up on Twitter and such. So some delusional people get a reality check? That's a constant in this community.

Honestly, my concern if Geno gets in, is all of you. What fanbase is going to live rent-free in your heads now?

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic, also I'm a bit of an ***hole. Please don't take offense. Or do.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What I don't understand is all the talk of "it's gonna be hell if Geno's not confirmed". Anytime Nintendo announces anything, every smash announcement, there are Nintendo fans ******** it up on Twitter and such. So some delusional people get a reality check? That's a constant in this community.

Honestly, my concern if Geno gets in, is all of you. What fanbase is going to live rent-free in your heads now?
Well, I'm gonna do my best to shrug it off. But it's going to be the most difficult it's ever been, because everyone's a godless heathen.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic, also I'm a bit of an ***hole. Please don't take offense. Or do.
This is a thing that characterize Geno fanbase, there so passionate about the idea of his little fellow to be playable in Smash Ultimate, they truly adored him. If Marada Uchiha cast Tsukuyomi Infinite spell on us,I think that Genofans will get constant visions of each of them at their houses playing Smash with Geno as a fighter xD.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I've never liked this argument that "Geno only got popular because of an old Sakurai interview". Like that it's some artificial Fandom that was created because Sakurai talked about the character and people leech onto everything he says.

It totally ignores all the people who liked Geno who never knew about this interview or the passion people actually have for the character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In my head, rent has never been cheap for Geno.

If he doesn't get in, I'm not going to remotely surprised. To be honest, I think I'd be more surprised that Nintendo cared enough to request that he be one of the six characters. To others though, it'll probably seem like a huge injustice, especially now that Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo are in. Maybe people outside Smashboards won't care as much, but hoo boy, if F11 comes around and Geno still isn't in Smash, I can promise you that the Geno support thread will be locked later that same day.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Gee, no discussion about the puppet ever seems to NOT get heated . It wood probably do some good to talk about other characters who could potentially star in Smash. Who are some other character you are all gunning for?
He's Not my Most wanted or anything, but Scorpion would be cool, and I honestly think he's getting in, in spite of Mortal Kombat not having much of presence in Japan

I actually think Scorpion would make a nice compliment with Reimu. They are like Opposites in alot of ways honestly

I would say Dante too, but honestly I'm not feeling so hot about his chances, for Reasons

Powerman293

Smash Ace
He's Not my Most wanted or anything, but Scorpion would be cool, and I honestly think he's getting in, in spite of Mortal Kombat not having much of presence in Japan

I actually think Scorpion would make a nice compliment with Reimu. They are like Opposites in alot of ways honestly

I would say Dante too, but honestly I'm not feeling so hot about his chances, for Reasons
Elaborate on your Dante chances. I've always felt a kind of mild annoyance from people requesting Dante. Maybe it's from January, when people got really annoying about it.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Gee, no discussion about the puppet ever seems to NOT get heated . It wood probably do some good to talk about other characters who could potentially star in Smash. Who are some other character you are all gunning for?
Bandana Dee, he's one of the last Nintendo stars alongside Dixie.
Oh, and Henry Stickmin as well!

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I'm seeing a lot of people take one piece of the puzzle, try to disprove or invalidate it, but then leaving the rest untouched. Sure, perhaps you can invalid one or two points by saying that they aren't unique to Geno or trying to spin them to somehow be against him, but I don't see anyone here knocking down each and every single point.
I literally did that earlier in a response directly to you.

Where is the evidence for Isaac? For Krystal? Bandanna Dee? I'm all for it, but there has been seemingly no hubub for them or I'm sure I would have heard about it.
The Golden Sun copyright renewal is on the same level as a lot of Geno evidence. Honestly, it's a few steps above a lot of that evidence.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
darkmatter.png
ganon.png
goroh.png
medusa.png
porky.png
syrup.png
vaati.png

Few people tend to talk about my most-wanteds, which either points to them being so noncontroversial that they're not worth discussing further, or being so insignificant that no one feels threatened by the possibility of them seriously being considered for Smash.
Either possibility kind of bums me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom