• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not talking about Incineroar in Pokemon, I'm talking about when he got revealed lol
You said people didn't hate Incineroar because of Pokemon. I'm saying some did. Well, hate might be kinda strong, but he was hardly the go-to choice even before the Grinch leak.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see another Pokemon human character in. My first bet would be Leon, but since his main in Charizard, the SwSh protagonists would be cool too

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smash finally getting a proper grappler character more than makes up for it. Before Incineroar we had......DK? Kinda?
I always felt a grappler was sorely missing in Smash even though it's an important archetype in fighting games. Unless you're talking purely about Incineroar in Pokemon, which I respect. But for Smash I gotta defend his inclusion since he's covering a very underrepresented archetype.
Depends what you value more, the character or the gameplay. There's no wrong choice, really.

I'm flexible. If I like the character I can generally adapt to their gameplay. But if I don't like the character, I'm probably not going to put in the effort to git gud.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't forget that Greninja was picked before they knew who's be popular. He did happen to be pretty well liked, so it worked out. Incineroar just picked sakurai's interest for being a wrestler :p

Gardevoir or Eevee would be some of my faves to get in. I'm open to some new one too tho

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Smash finally getting a proper grappler character more than makes up for it. Before Incineroar we had......DK? Kinda?
I always felt a grappler was sorely missing in Smash even though it's an important archetype in fighting games. Unless you're talking purely about Incineroar in Pokemon, which I respect. But for Smash I gotta defend his inclusion since he's covering a very underrepresented archetype.
NGL though, a part of me wishes we got Zangief instead.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...n-with-the-wind.245581/page-368#post-40140297

For reference as to what's being talked about here.

"Hum it seems it's not a mini, wait until the morning (Europe) to get confirmation ^^"
Wellity, wellity, well. That's gonna be interesting to wake up to, then.

I'd love to see another Pokemon human character in. My first bet would be Leon, but since his main in Charizard, the SwSh protagonists would be cool too
The human Pokémon characters I'd like to see the most in Smash in some form would probably be Cynthia or N, tbh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo is your most unreliable friend. They keep you waiting, you never know where you stand, sometimes they're just a ghost, but when you get together you're like, "yeah true I guess I remember why we're friends".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course not, it is the Eternal Loser, rival of Baboom. Even when it has respectable stats, it gets a ****ty ability and a weaker legendary gets to have better availablity and significantly better signature moves and typings
Zarude was dead the second it didn't get Sandstorm.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Zarude was dead when they gave it ****ing Leaf Guard meaning to use the ability to you need to make fire stronger, Grass/Dark, a sad attempt at a signature move when anyone would rather run Pollen Puff which they gave to ****ing Amoongus for some ****ing reason, a forme change that's just cosmetic instead of something cool that changes how it plays or anything and made it a ****ing gatekeepy ass event mon

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't you love it when you spend hours working on something, and the only response you get is someone telling you that it's ****?
If you're spending hours on something for the approval of others, you're not doing it for the right reasons.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
yo who the **** is this grub
Insider who has successfully teased just about every major video game announcement for 2020 before they happened.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
The human Pokémon characters I'd like to see the most in Smash in some form would probably be Cynthia or N, tbh.
I would actually LOVE Cynthia beyond belief, but if she only brought Garchomp I imagine they'd just use Garchomp solo. ...Or not and make my dreams come true.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do think if Geno is in that teasing it at this point just kind of spoils it.
I've always been of the opinion that if you're going to leak something, do it weeks/months in advance. If it's like... the day before... just let people have the surprise.

I also realize that most people only find things out right before, but still. It's so close, just let people have it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For sure, but when we’re one day out from the supposed direct, I think that this could have been kept under wraps. We’re so close that it’s just pointless.
Byleth got leaked like what, ten minutes prior to the Direct?

Imagine all of a sudden in the midst of the Geno hype, he ended up being bait for Reimu or something.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've always been of the opinion that if you're going to leak something, do it weeks/months in advance. If it's like... the day before... just let people have the surprise.

I also realize that most people only find things out right before, but still. It's so close, just let people have it.

I love/hate how this gif lines up with Sandstorm almost perfectly

also I think Grubb’s just ****posting, not that deep

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Byleth got leaked like what, ten minutes prior to the Direct?

Imagine all of a sudden in the midst of the Geno hype, he ended up being bait for Reimu or something.
It wasn't Byleth who got leaked, it was the costumes that came with them which did, in the middle of the stream nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom