• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This grub stuff is interesting but just gonna wait and see what happens.

Cynthia certainly would be cool just for Garchomp alone.

Cynthia has been my most wanted pokemon charcter ever, and i want her to bring her full team(garchomp, Glaceon, Roserade, Spiritomb, Togekiss, and milotic)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno would just be blatant fanservice to hardcore Smash fans and nothing more. He's not even really popular outside hardcore Smash circles.
:ultridley: You say that like it's an entirely bad thing. :ultbanjokazooie:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
watch as the Gruff Geno ****posting is just SMRPG on SNES Online and they announce a dedicated Smash Presentation for August after all the other games

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People have wanted a new proper Banjo game for ages - he's not just popular in the Smash circle.
Man, you just murder me at every waking moment, don't you? :096: This is like the third time today.

Can't have **** in Smashboards.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
watch as the Gruff Geno ****posting is just SMRPG on SNES Online and they announce a dedicated Smash Presentation for August after all the other games
0e3.png

That honestly would be great to have if they showed new games people have been asking for like Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW 2.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Basically Kelios says:

Make sure it should be taken with a grain of salt
For Europe (CEST Madrid, Roma, Paris) : announcement (06h00), presentation (16h00)
For Japan : announcement (13h00), présentation (23h00)
For USA (east coast) : announcement (00h00), présentation (10h00) and west coast : announcement (today 21h00) and presentation (tomorrow 07h00)

Original post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...10-bakugan-with-the-wind.245581/post-40145106

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My most wanted Pokemon Trainer is Kukui. Not because I like the character, but because he has the potential to have three Pokemon I quite like: Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Alolan Ninetales.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
People have wanted a new proper Banjo game for ages - he's not just popular in the Smash circle.
Same thing with Ridley, considering that the last Metroid game came out in 2017 on the 3DS, and there's a new one on the way.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
No offense but anyone attempting to debunk Jeff and Imran is giving me memories of those who doubted Shinobi's "smashing time" leak, I should know, I was one of the the nonbelievers who got burned at the stake. It's good to be cautious but I legit don't see how these two aren't teasing Geno for Smash at this point.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm mostly skeptical about any character who was a DLC Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 after Heihachi got his costume back out of nowhere in the last pack.

Basically Kelios says:

For Europe (CEST Madrid, Roma, Paris) : announcement (06h00), presentation (16h00)
For USA (east coast) : announcement (00h00), présentation (10h00) and west coast : announcement (today 21h00) and presentation (tomorrow 07h00)

Original post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...10-bakugan-with-the-wind.245581/post-40145106
It would be extremely strange for them to make such an announcement at 11pm at night or even midnight. When everyone is asleep. Like wut

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm mostly skeptical about any character who was a DLC Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 after Heihachi got his costume back out of nowhere in the last pack.
kinda expect Lloyd's costume to return too tbh

It would be extremely strange for them to make such an announcement at 11pm at night or even midnight. When everyone is asleep. Like wut
brah i stay up till midnight almost every day, this is nothing

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Basically Kelios says:

So supposedly, we're getting something in about four and a half hours. Depending on this guy's truthfulness, that something will either be ear-shattering celebration or enough sodium chloride to create an entire new ocean.

F U N

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So supposedly, we're getting something in about four and a half hours. Depending on this guy's truthfulness, that something will either be ear-shattering celebration or enough sodium chloride to create an entire new ocean.

F U N
Although, I think that it is fake due to the inconvenience of announcing something when the majority of their audience is fast asleep.

D

Deleted member

So people got hopeful for Geno after what 2 supposed insiders said on their thread and 1 of them tells them no they aren't talking about Geno in Smash, and now Grubb comes out and posts SMRPG images in regards to tomorrow?

Man where's Vergeburger when you need him?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So people got hopeful for Geno after what 2 supposed insiders said on their thread and 1 of them tells them no they aren't talking about Geno in Smash, and now Grubb comes out and posts SMRPG images in regards to tomorrow?

idk, he hasn't been seen ever since he announced he was looking into the LoL rumor

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Geno's DLC pack will be announced during the Direct...
For Paper Mario: the Origami King.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They announced the Switch reveal at 1:30am in the UK, 2:30am in Europe.

People being asleep isn't a concern

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

They always out here kidding at the last second, huh? :secretkpop:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Although, I think that it is fake due to the inconvenience of announcing something when the majority of their audience is fast asleep.
*Looks at the many Directs that where around midnight in Europe.*

Not that I have much of an opinion on this whole thing one way or the other but eh... timezones are fun I guess...

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
If everything that going on right now does lead to something, at very least, something Super Mario RPG-related is coming. Maybe Geno for Smash, maybe it's coming to SNES Online, maybe it's both of those things, who knows. Good thing we only have to wait less than a day for this.

EDIT:

****ing, nevermind, I guess.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

...You know what?

I'm sick of this entire ride.

I'm just going to kick back, relax, and watch the ongoing Melee Rollback tournament.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
idk, he hasn't been seen ever since he announced he was looking into the LoL rumor
I looked at his GFAQs posts yesterday, he hasn't really done anything worth noticing. Last "leaks" he showed were a Min Min tease using the picture of noodles and a comment saying the Pokémon Unite presentation was going to be Tencent's project (which was very predictable thanks to that job offer).

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I knew that something like thos would happen. Don't people know not to kid with the rabid geno fanbase?!
They won’t get mad. They’ll just twist the situation to make it seem like a positive for the possibility of Geno. They are masters at that.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Insiders insisting we're getting a direct tomorrow, Twitter posts about a walking toy character that may or may not mean anything, and constant debates about whether or not we'll see Smash. It's January 2018 all over again.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
All these Geno leaks that aren't leaks just for his Mii costume to show up tomorrow. :4pacman:

Jeff knew exactly what he was doing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tweeting screenshots of Super Mario RPG and saying it’s a joke after The Geno/GameStop debacle seems tone deaf and just adding insult to injury in my opinion.
I'm half/half. This is completely different from Shinobi's situation with Banjo. There weren't people going around going "jk lol" with Banjo IIRC, this ****'s just a game of whodunnit by this point. And then if it isn't Geno, all hell might break loose with salt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom