• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I knew that something like thos would happen. Don't people know not to kid with the rabid geno fanbase?!
Any fanbase would react similarly. If he posted a screenshot from Golden Sun or Touhou or Crash Bandicoot with that same caption, fans of those characters/series would be all over it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
:ultridley: You say that like it's an entirely bad thing. :ultbanjokazooie:
Metroid is still a significant Nintendo owned franchise that didn't have it's main antagonist, The same can be said for Donkey Kong regarding King K. Rool, Fan demand played a factor ,But It only made sense to include them into Smash to push the franchises going forward.

Metroid Prime 4 is a long awaited sequel that will also mark the franchise's HD debut and Ridley will surely play a significant role in it.

Donkey Kong hasn't had King K. Rool and the Kremlings in a mainline game since the Rareware era and Donkey Kong 64 (1999) was the last time they were in that main antagonist role, K.Rool and his Krew will very likely make their grand return in the next upcoming DK game whether it's Country or 3D.

While Nintendo no longer owns Banjo-Kazooie , I can definitely see going forward Microsoft remastering the 1st 2 games, A long awaited sequel in Threeie or rebooting the franchise all together for their upcoming Xbox series X, Remasters of classic platforming franchises are all the rage right now, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon made a comeback and Mario looks like he's getting his 3D platforming games brought back too. I'm sure Microsoft has plans for Banjo-Kazooie after building momentum from Smash and the remastering craze going on and I also doubt Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is the last time we will see of the bear and bird duo on a Nintendo platform, Microsoft would be crazy to not consider the Switch as a platform to port to seeing as Banjo-Kazooie's main audience has always been on Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I just remembered that Nintendo announced Hero's presentation on a Sunday night of all things. So an announcement tonight isn't entirely out of the running.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Dropping an announcement that late would be weird, but... Jump Rope Challenge

not really anywhere near the level of a ****ing Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo did randomly drop a game at midnight my time, an exercise game no less. It would be weird to see, but 2020 Nintendo is nothing if not weird.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If there's no Geno tomorrow, or it's the costume, I can already expect there to be a huge meltdown that would crash the site's servers.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If there's no Geno tomorrow, or it's the costume, I can already expect there to be a huge meltdown that would crash the site's servers.
On one hand, I would like to see another grandiose "he's coming home boys" moment. On the other hand... man, I love me some salt.

I wonder if this time they'll actually drop the leaker group if they end up wrong. Again.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Guys I have figured it out. It's not Geno that they have been talking about. They were talking about Jano

From Rayman 2

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I really doubt these leakers would be teasing (if they really are teasing) just a Mii costume. Leakers tend to tease the juicy stuff
I mean, a heavily requested character being teased only to be revealed a costume does sound pretty spicy to me.

Not for fans of the character though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The leakers are actually trying to say "Do we know who the next fighter is? Gee, no."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Announcement at midnight? That's weird. But I mean.. sure why not. But it doesnt really give a lot of people time to hear about it if the direct is a 10 in the morning, lol.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
you got any of those Lays Poppables? Im dying for those

yeah we got cryopods in the bunker

also would Neku be worth waking up for?
Probably. I don't know too much about him, but I'm pretty accepting of anyone who isn't Viridi. Besides, I didn't know anything about Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Castlevania, etc., but then Smash happened and they're some of my favorite series now. I'd say Neku would be worth waking up to.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I said something to this effect regarding the Andre from GameXplain post and it's the same situation with Jeff Grubb: If these legitimate insiders have heard who the next Smash character is going to be, they are not going to leak it. Leaking a character but then going "haha jk" doesn't stop the fact that you leaked it, nor will it provide protection to you and your sources when the Nintendo Ninjas come calling. This leads me to guess that the next character is either not Geno or is a secret to even people this connected.

Here is my wild take: There have been several people that claim to be insiders who have said Geno. We have actual insiders joking about it being Geno.

To me, this smells like leakbait. We know that SE leaked a lot of fake names trying to conceal Hero, which did not work. I think we might see another SE character tomorrow and they are using Geno as leakbait while tightening the ship so that the actual reveal doesn't get out. This would explain why no name insiders are saying Geno while the ones with clout are making jokes of it.

Like I said, it's a wild take and I look forward to being proven wrong when Geno gets revealed tomorrow.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm inclined to believe insiders are messing with the Geno fandom now. It almost seems like a meme among insiders at this point.

Like, if was an actual tease, why would Grubb tell people to back off? Why not just leave it? Same with Andre. This makes no sense, which makes me feel something is up.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Probably. I don't know too much about him, but I'm pretty accepting of anyone who isn't Viridi. Besides, I didn't know anything about Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Castlevania, etc., but then Smash happened and they're some of my favorite series now. I'd say Neku would be worth waking up to.
Are you implying it wouldn't be fun to beat Viridi up unlike in Uprising?

I do want to beat her up even 8 years later.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I said something to this effect regarding the Andre from GameXplain post and it's the same situation with Jeff Grubb: If these legitimate insiders have heard who the next Smash character is going to be, they are not going to leak it. Leaking a character but then going "haha jk" doesn't stop the fact that you leaked it, nor will it provide protection to you and your sources when the Nintendo Ninjas come calling. This leads me to guess that the next character is either not Geno or is a secret to even people this connected.

Here is my wild take: There have been several people that claim to be insiders who have said Geno. We have actual insiders joking about it being Geno.

To me, this smells like leakbait. We know that SE leaked a lot of fake names trying to conceal Hero, which did not work. I think we might see another SE character tomorrow and they are using Geno as leakbait while tightening the ship so that the actual reveal doesn't get out. This would explain why no name insiders are saying Geno while the ones with clout are making jokes of it.

Like I said, it's a wild take and I look forward to being proven wrong when Geno gets revealed tomorrow.
They've been saying Geno? I thought it was just people like papagenos reading too much into things.

I can easily see some people being disappionted tho. Well I would find it cool if geno did make it, but I somehow dont think he will.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Are you implying it wouldn't be fun to beat Viridi up unlike in Uprising?

I do want to beat her up even 8 years later.
That's a fair point, actually. I guess I'd be a bit more accepting if this was the base game, where the total amount of characters just gets bigger with every announcement. With DLC, there's a total amount at the start and you don't know who fills those gaps.

Also I'd much prefer Phosphora over Viridi so there's that too

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm inclined to believe insiders are messing with the Geno fandom now. It almost seems like a meme among insiders at this point.

Like, if was an actual tease, why would Grubb tell people to back off? Why not just leave it? Same with Andre. This makes no sense, which makes me feel something is up.
They wanna get people's hopes up so that when the Mii costume is revealed there's enough pure despair in the air to force humanity to go through The Worst, Most Despair-inducing Incident in the History of Mankind.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm from 24 hours in the future, just saw the Nintendo Direct.

Can't wait for Mallow! It was super nice of Sakurai to let Geno appear in his final smash!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Waluigi reveal with Paper Mario and SMRPG costumes.

Also SMRPG released on Switch Online.

Mario 35th Anniversary bash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They wanna get people's hopes up so that when the Mii costume is revealed there's enough pure despair in the air to force humanity to go through The Worst, Most Despair-inducing Incident in the History of Mankind.
kinda tangent but

God I want a Monokuma Mii so badly

DR probably will never get playable representation so a full body costume of its mascot is the next best thing for me

zferolie

Smash Hero
So haven't been following too closely since been out and about for the past 10 hours, just skimmingb and replying from phone, but I want to ask this.

So far, all Resetera has said, is ONLY that a direct is happening. Not a single thing about anything in it, other then the mario 35th anniversery stuff which has been said for months now. Thats correct?

So if thats the case, pretty sure nintendo is bery SUPER secretive about anything in this, so I doubt anyone really knows if smash is being shown, and who it is. Anyone saying geno is just doing it for the free publicity.

I'm just going to put out there that even if we get a character announcement, there won't be any mii costumes. Those have only been revealed in Sakurai presentations and that's likely months away. So I'm going to say no Geno mii. Not tomorrow, anyway.

kinda tangent but

God I want a Monokuma Mii so badly

DR probably will never get playable representation so a full body costume of its mascot is the next best thing for me
You just made me realize I want a Lappy mii costume. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom