• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Does anyone know Atelier franchises sales figures? I couldn't find anything, but considering that the franchises have yearly releases for more than 20 years, shouldn't the sales be, at the very least, not too bad for the franchise to continue and not die?
The games are made on a shoestring budget. For Gust, Ryza selling 500K copies was the equivalent of Breath of the Wild demolishing every previous Zelda in sales by several millions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You got to remember, Sakurai outright said that the popularity of the series meant nothing as long as the character was fun to play. He said that in the Terry video.
No he didn't he said "characters need to be fun to play, not JUST recognizable

Also I just remembered the Switch lacking HDCP, which for those who don't know, means streaming services like Disney+ and Netflix won't want to be on the Switch as the lack of HDCP means piracy is especially easy

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I didn't expect any more info on it this soon either. We might even be looking at a fall release date.
damn, this game really is sneaking up on us. I thought preorders would be a good few months away, not this soon
The best thing is that, it's 100% a 2020 release as seen in the Kingdom Hearts 2020 project trailer alongside Dark Road.
And there still 2 more unannounced project for 2020.
Knowing how slowly KH project usually get released, 2020 is a crazy year for KH.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
The best thing is that, it's 100% a 2020 release as seen in the Kingdom Hearts 2020 project trailer alongside Dark Road.
And there still 2 more unannounced project for 2020.
Knowing how slowly KH project usually get released, 2020 is a crazy year for KH.
It's kind of strange to see things this active. Even for Remind, we had to wait quite a while for any real info, and by the time it released it had been a year. And that was just dlc. It makes me wonder what these other announcements could be, because the time frame seems way too short for an entirely new game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah ****, here he go again

zferolie

Smash Hero
I really, really wouldn't bother with them anymore, TBH. Very clear IMO that they know nothing and are attempting to bandwagon for leaker clout.
They still got dates right. All three of those dates had some sort of video game announcment. The last one was for microsoft not nintendo but that is still a correct date.

Just relax guys, whats the harm of them saying stuff?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Everyone who gets something right is a notable leaker until they get something wrong at which point they’re ****ing useless according in rules to the Smash Bros. Fandom. There is no gray area. You’re either a leaker or a lucky guesser.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I really, really wouldn't bother with them anymore, TBH. Very clear IMO that they know nothing and are attempting to bandwagon for leaker clout.
To her credit, she's at least making an argument using some objective evidence instead of the standard "lol bro just trust me".

zferolie

Smash Hero
Everyone who gets something right is a notable leaker until they get something wrong at which point they’re ****ing useless according in rules to the Smash Bros. Fandom. There is no gray area. You’re either a leaker or a lucky guesser.
Lets be honest: the smash fandom is the most toxic, hateful, and entitled fandom of all video game fandoms. They are rabbid, and go after anything and look for anything smash related, and get very angry and evil against anything that slights them or their thoughts.

Not saying anyone in particular here are like that, but you gotta admit thats how the very loud part of it is. I dont understand how it turned out this way though. And honestly its only western or american smash fans. Japanese smash fans seem to be a lot more normal

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah ****, here he go again
First reply to the tweet already says this but a private video with the exact same video ID appears in the Paper Mario playlist as well. In fact, whenever I click on the private video in the "New This Week" playlist it brings me back to the Paper Mario playlist. It's definitely just a Paper Mario video.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wouldn't be surprised those videos are just launch trailers for Paper Mario. The game is coming out tomorrow afterall.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Keep in mind that Nintendo doesn't do announcements on the weekend, so it's tomorrow or never for a July 20th direct.

Well, that, or it's just shadowdropped.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't know if Atelier would get a rep.
I agree but i can see some reasoning why it may happen. Nintendo and koei tecmo want to put a rep in. Ryu from ninja gaiden may have been a first choice, but Sakurai felt the moveset couldnt be very unique (as most of these dlc tend to be quite unique). Maybe Atelier was also one of the options on the table, as we know a ckmpany gives sakurai a few selections, and he picked ryza for a more unique and fun moveset. Plus this would boost Ateleir sales a ton, which is a win for Kori tecmo and gust

Aight, that’s not quite fair.
Hey i do love this fandom, and there are a lot of very good people in it, but there are also really REALLY awful people in it. It may be the vocal minority but its VERY vocal. I mean people sent death threats to sakurai about waluigi. I dont see other fandoms doing that.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lets be honest: the smash fandom is the most toxic, hateful, and entitled fandom of all video game fandoms. They are rabbid, and go after anything and look for anything smash related, and get very angry and evil against anything that slights them or their thoughts.

Not saying anyone in particular here are like that, but you gotta admit thats how the very loud part of it is. I dont understand how it turned out this way though. And honestly its only western or american smash fans. Japanese smash fans seem to be a lot more normal
You only say this because of your experience within the community. There are plenty of games out there that have a FAAAAAR worse fanbase than Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Idk about that one chief. I’ve seen way more toxic video game fandoms

zferolie

Smash Hero
You only say this because of your experience within the community. There are plenty of games out there that have a FAAAAAR worse fanbase than Smash.
That is very possible. I am in quite a few fandoms but i admit i may have not seen the worst. Got an example? Just curious

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I always knew smash speculation was just a cover used by the Sith. After all....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's kind of strange to see things this active. Even for Remind, we had to wait quite a while for any real info, and by the time it released it had been a year. And that was just dlc. It makes me wonder what these other announcements could be, because the time frame seems way too short for an entirely new game.
Its all a win for me because that mean More KH:088:

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Broke: The Gamestop video leaked Geno being added as a fighter in the upcoming direct.

Woke: The Gamestop video was referencing Geno being added as a Mii costume in Smash 4.

Bespoke: The Gamestop video leaked Geno being added as a Mii costume in the upcoming direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Broke: The Gamestop video leaked Geno being added as a fighter in the upcoming direct.

Woke: The Gamestop video was referencing Geno being added as a Mii costume in Smash 4.

Bespoke: The Gamestop video leaked Geno being added as a Mii costume in the upcoming direct.
Masterstroke: same as Bespoke but Geno has the Cuphead/Sans treatment this time with Beware The Forest’s Mushrooms as an included song

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That is very possible. I am in quite a few fandoms but i admit i may have not seen the worst. Got an example? Just curious
Lol, Dota, Call of Duty to name a few big ones...

I could even say the Pokemon fandom is worse. Some say Fire Emblem is THE worst Nintendo fandom, though that's only based off of what I've heard but I don't doubt it tbh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Broke After: That song isn’t remixed at all unless Square allows Ms. Shimomura to do so.
Plot Twist: Takeharu Ishimoto remixes it. That’s right, the fighter that comes with Geno’s costume is none other than Neku

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I could even say the Pokemon fandom is worse. Some say Fire Emblem is THE worst Nintendo fandom, though that's only based off of what I've heard but I don't doubt it tbh.
fire emblem could be bad in the past but with 3h it's kinda mellowed out a bit

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Pokemon and Sonic.

Edit: Not a video game fandom but Star Wars as well.
Being a part of both Smash and Star Wars fandoms, the worst part of the Smash fanbase exceeds the worst part of the Star Wars fanbase. At least from what I’ve seen.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Plot Twist: Takeharu Ishimoto remixes it. That’s right, the fighter that comes with Geno’s costume is none other than Neku
Man you could mock Geno fans by quoting Transformation if that happened

Nah Smash combines aaaaall these fandoms and breeds the most toxic ones yet. No other fandom has had people ****ing stalk me and harass for having a different opinion

SKX31

Smash Master
Hmm... outside of Pokemon and Sonic:

In general, the loudest voices who have proclaimed themselves "Gamers" at almost every turn, The "They targeted Gamers" copypasta became a meme because of that. (Yeaah, the Epic Game Store drama turned dumb quickly.)

Can vouch for Dota (and CS:GO) - there's a reason why "Cyka Blyat" is one of the most common phrases in Dota and CS:GO: It's the Russian "Ur mom".

Fandoms for historical (and alternate history) games tend to attract some really nasty elements because of their premise, Like political edgelords and supremacists. Not the whole fandoms, of course, but they're loud and obnoxious.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think the one thing about Smash in particular is that assuming it's a crossover, it's an amalgamation of a whole bunch of fandoms, including a couple notorious ones

and that's not even mentioning the franchises that have yet to get in, but their fandoms are pushing for.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, while there are some bad apples in the Smash community (as with any fanbase), I don't think the fanbase is really that bad. As someone who hangs around the Fire Emblem and Pokemon fanbases, it could be a lot worst. There's relatively little infighting between fans regarding which era of Smash is best, how people ought to play the game, and the possible political motivations of people who disagree with you (probably the worst sin a fanbase could have tbh) in the modern fandom

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I think the one thing about Smash in particular is that assuming it's a crossover, it's an amalgamation of a whole bunch of fandoms, including a couple notorious ones

and that's not even mentioning the franchises yet to get in
Yep and there's nothing like it. Probably why it's the only fanbase I'm attached to. Smashboards has been the only place that I feel is accessible enough of a forum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom