• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Legit question. Why do people put any stock into 4chan leaks. Is there a history of them ever being a location for anything even remotely real in terms of leaks? Isn’t it the same thing as posting something here and claiming you are a leaker except without posting a username?
The ken leak was correct, and 4chan leaks for other games have been legit too.

The thing woth 4chan leaks is that 99 times they will be fake, but 1 time they will be legit

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Have I been summoned?

There's a few different interpretations people have come up with in the LoL thread. One is gaining levels and using these to upgrade your specials, as you said. Another is using Summoner Spells as a Hero-esque special.

But it all depends on who the chosen Champion would be, because every character in League has not only a bunch of special attacks, but also their own passive abilities, which in turn can be more or less complicated and influence the rest of the toolkit more or less. So it's all based on what you'd want out of a Champion in Smash.

Do you want to emphasize cooldowns? Poking? Using several specials that combo into one another? Builds? There are quite a lot of possibilities.
To be fair, Min Min managed to represent ARMS' gameplay while still having a moveset that was distinctly Min Min. An LoL character will probably have a mix of LoL gameplay and their own unique abilities.

But none of that really matters, because we'll all die in the ensuing firestorm when an LoL character is DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have to ask people who played LOL, is there one character who heads up the marketing like Heavy for Team Fortress 2 or Tracer for Overwatch?

Only ones I remember if this purple new 52 Harley Quinn looking character (jinx I think?) and a woman in a red kimono with fox ears or devil horns.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Thats true. Geno thread is constantly intense, meanwhile the shantae and crash threads kinda just go with the flow, more focused on their own games and then have smash talk.
The Shantae and Crash fanbases have new games to talk about while the Geno fanbase can really only talk about Super Mario RPG and wishing Geno was in Smash. It's not surprising that the thread gets so intense.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I have to ask people who played LOL, is there one character who heads up the marketing like Heavy for Team Fortress 2 or Tracer for Overwatch?

Only ones I remember if this purple new 52 Harley Quinn looking character (jinx I think?) and a woman in a red kimono with fox ears or devil horns.
You're thinking of Jinx and Ahri. They are very prominent figures, yes, but not the only ones. LoL gives the spotlight to quite a few Champions - though about half a dozen or so tend to be the focus at any given time.

Other names often brought up include Lux, Ryze, Yasuo and Ezreal.

Though both the LoL and Smash fandoms would collectively implode if Yasuo came to Smash. And not in a good way. :joyful:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

:teemo:Kinda.

League has like, over 120 characters, so not a single character gets all the attention.

Characters like Teemo, Jinx, Ahri, Katarina and Ryze get a lot of marketing push due to recognizability.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey guys on my phone as we speak. What's current discussion?
4Chan rumor got something right and the character attached was Riyza from Atelier.
Gamestop said something about people going nuts for Geno which sounds like a slip-up.
As far as I know the League of Legends leak from a while back still stands.

So a lot of different character number 7s going about.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Ahri, the fox girl you mentioned i feel is the most likely.

The Shantae and Crash fanbases have new games to talk about while the Geno fanbase can really only talk about Super Mario RPG and wishing Geno was in Smash. It's not surprising that the thread gets so intense.
Very true, still is impressive for a character with 1 game to their name

Shroob

Sup?
Ahri would definitely get censored if she were added in lol.

Her skirt is hella short and her **** are just barely contained. If the Mythra and Camilla spirit got censored, her design would be 100% censored.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Her skirt is hella short and her **** are just barely contained. If the Mythra and Camilla spirit got censored, her design would be 100% censored.
alternatively she just gets Mai'd and deemed Not For Good Boys and Girls and we get someone else

I.D.

Smash Lord
:teemo:Kinda.

League has like, over 120 characters, so not a single character gets all the attention.

Characters like Teemo, Jinx, Ahri, Katarina and Ryze get a lot of marketing push due to recognizability.
That's a quite outdated list, pretty sure characters like Yasuo, Lux and Akali are the new hotness. In fact they get pushed so much I constantly see LoL players complaining about it.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But Ahri is already in LoL :4pacman:

I think it can be done. CERO's main problem seems to be panty shots, which is why we had even Peach and Rosalina censored, despite the fact that they don't really expose any skin.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a quite outdated list, pretty sure characters like Yasuo, Lux and Akali are the new hotness. In fact they get pushed so much I constantly see LoL players complaining about it.
To be fair, I haven't played since 2017 rofl. I know Jinx is apparently getting a flippin TV show so there's that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
4Chan rumor got something right and the character attached was Riyza from Atelier.
Gamestop said something about people going nuts for Geno which sounds like a slip-up.
As far as I know the League of Legends leak from a while back still stands.

So a lot of different character number 7s going about.
Then there's also Paper Mario given its release this week. But even then anniversaries normally don't coincide with reveals.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

If they can make Bayo-I'm-being-overtly-sexual-ironically-netta a Smash character, I don't think there'll be much problem as long as a little compromise is made. I have a feeling SNK didn't wanna budge on Mai.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So we got

Geno
LoL character
Riyza
Paper Mario
Waluigi

As potential frontrunners for FP7.

I'm still on the wild prediction Waluigi will be revealed as a bonus reveal unrelated to the fighter pass.

I.D.

Smash Lord
To be fair, I haven't played since 2017 rofl. I know Jinx is apparently getting a flippin TV show so there's that.
Yeah, Jinx is still around. Mostly referring to Katalina, Teemo and Ryze. Even Ahri doesn't get as much as certain other characters nowadays.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So we got

Geno
LoL character
Riyza
Paper Mario
Waluigi

I'm still on the wild prediction Waluigi will be revealed as a bonus reveal unrelated to the fighter pass.
Given nintendos stance on theor mario characters that came out recently, and how it seems they dont luke waluigi to ever be outside of a sports game, not even in warioware, i think nintendo would only allow him to be a bonus character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we got

Geno
LoL character
Riyza
Paper Mario
Waluigi

I just had a nasty thought.

What if they reveal it's a LOL character... and they don't say which one AGAIN?

Shroob

Sup?

Well

We survived ARMs with what, 18 characters?

League only has like, 140 characters.... I'm sure our great sleuths will pin it down between two and debate which it is for months. :bowsette:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly, the whole "Paper Mario article" makes me think Geno's chances of missing this game as well have less to do with Square Enix and more with how Nintendo views Mario as their brand to continue building in their vision, and in their vision only. If they won't let companies directly working on titles for them be more experimental with the IP, I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in allowing a fighter to represent Mario that they don't own and can't do anything with in the future when Square Enix has to agree to the licensing arrangement every time.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Trust me, I've been dreading the possible "LoL Guessing game" because it's 145 theoretically possible characters.

And that's a game I like.

zferolie

Smash Hero
LoL has only 145? Man smite is really catching up then. They are already at 110. They seem to release 1 every 2 months or so now. Whats LoLs release numbers?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, the whole "Paper Mario article" makes me think Geno's chances of missing this game as well have less to do with Square Enix and more with how Nintendo views Mario as their brand to continue building in their vision, and in their vision only. If they won't let companies directly working on titles for them be more experimental with the IP, I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in allowing a fighter to represent Mario that they don't own and can't do anything with in the future when Square Enix has to agree to the licensing arrangement every time.
Minor note: I'm glad that Nintendo is at least willing to do something with Mario as seen in Odyssey because the late Wii to WiiU era had them in prime own-fart sniffing mode.

Shroob

Sup?
LoL has only 145? Man smite is really catching up then. They are already at 110. They seem to release 1 every 2 months or so now. Whats LoLs release numbers?
Back when I played, it slowed down to like, one every 3-4 months.

Granted, back in the early days, it was one every TWO WEEKS.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Given nintendos stance on theor mario characters that came out recently, and how it seems they dont luke waluigi to ever be outside of a sports game, not even in warioware, i think nintendo would only allow him to be a bonus character.
Waluigi not being in Warioware is probably the Warioware devs, the reason they made Wario to begin with was because they were bitter that they weren't allowed to make games with their own ideas and instead had to make Mario sequels iirc, so them wanting all the freedom they can get without relying on Mario makes sense

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Trust me, I've been dreading the possible "LoL Guessing game" because it's 145 theoretically possible characters.

And that's a game I like.
Last I checked, I think it was 148, plus upcoming characters.
Imagine if the LoL rep was someone not even released yet. Everyone would be so mad it would end the internet itself.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Waluigi not being in Warioware is probably the Warioware devs, the reason they made Wario to begin with was because they were bitter that they weren't allowed to make games with their own ideas and instead had to make Mario sequels iirc, so them wanting all the freedom they can get without relying on Mario makes sense
The thing i quoted earlier, that had a now deleted resetera post, said nintendo doesnt allow waluigi outside of sport games

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You gues see all this talk about how nintendo doesnt allow alterations s of mario characters anymore and doesnt allow any oc from a game to appear in any other game?
Damn that's gotta be the suckiest way to handle their biggest franchise. Mario's gonna sell well and be recognizable no matter what they do with it or how much they experiment with it, but hey, what do I know?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

This Guess Who thing for LoL is gonna bring out the worst of the community.

Over 100 choices? Might need a separate forum just to speculate LoL!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You gues see all this talk about how nintendo doesnt allow alterations s of mario characters anymore and doesnt allow any oc from a game to appear in any other game?
Always had a hunch from the start that the Paper Mario **** not being like the older games wasn't IS' fault.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The ken leak was correct, and 4chan leaks for other games have been legit too.

The thing woth 4chan leaks is that 99 times they will be fake, but 1 time they will be legit
A broken clock is right twice a day.

We already passed those two times with ESRB and Ken.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A broken clock is right twice a day.

We already passed those two times with ESRB and Ken.
And the E3 2018 reveals alongside Bomberman being an AT
The thing i quoted earlier, that had a now deleted resetera post, said nintendo doesnt allow waluigi outside of sport games
My point was that I don't think the Warioware devs would have wanted Waluigi in their games regardless if Nintendo would have been ok with it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh no, Mainseries Mario is allowed to do what it wants, it's the spinoffs that Miyamoto gets upset about
Yeah but it seemed for a while even main series Mario was stuck in a quagmire of recycling Super Mario Bros 3 with a gimmick on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom