• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I dunno. When I think of a rectangular prismatic anomaly that moves in ways that aren't physically possible and seems completely emotionally unphased by getting punched in the face as it tries to build the machinations of your demise, boring isn't really the first word that comes to mind.
Boring is the first thing that comes to my mind when it comes to Steve. Plus we ready have the emotionally unphased characters with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Byleth.

A lot of people give me flack for "prioritizing Sonic over all other 3rd parties", but I legit think it's time to jump into the Sonic ocean. Smash is no longer just Nintendo All-Stars; it's Video Game All-Stars, and Sonic is more than just a video game icon, but a cultural icon.
With maybe the exception of Pac-Man, if you show pictures of the third-party lineup to randos on the street, Sonic would get more recognition than all the others combined.
You cannot walk into a retail store or even a dollar store in America without seeing Mario, Pokémon, Mickey Mouse, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Spongebob, or Sonic.
Pardon me, but I feel like Sonic deserves 8 playable characters like Fire Emblem.
Sonic, Shadow ε, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Silver, and Metal Sonic.
Sonic is just that important as a video game character.
Sakurai only played majority of the bad Sonic games so he ain't going to increase how Sonic is represented; case in point Shadow getting snubbed as an Echo Fighter and being revealed extremely late just to add salt in the wounds. (Seriously, it's the most easiest Assist Trophy to make, all it does is stand still and slows down time like the Stop Watch item. They had zero reason to hold that stupid reveal back until the last announcement.)

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd love for one of the silhouette stages from the Donkey Kong Country Returns series to be made into a stage. The characters would mostly be in black, but the most important parts of their design would glow with a high contrast version of the color they are (this would also apply to particle effects and projectiles so you could see the attacks coming). The biggest roadblock for this would be the lords because capes are the devil in regards to this sort of thing, they all have the same posture, and they all turn their back toward the audience because they're asymmetrical. but with some strategic highlighting (things like Roy's hair, Lucina's cuffs, and of course, all of their weapons) I think it could work.

I'm not averse to treating 3rd party series like they were first party, but it shouldn't happen all at once. Blatant favoritism isn't looked fondly upon.

But if we're talking hypotheticals then the Mega Man series should end up with at least Mega Man, Proto Man Σ, Bass Σ, Dr. Wily, X, Zero, and Sigma.
I mean, no disagreement here. Except that Bass wouldn't be an Echo. Proto Man is Mega Man with a shield. Bass has an 8-way buster and an X-style dash.
But I say keep this game going!
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Guile, Akuma.
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man ε, Pac-Man Jr. (Think Young Link to Link), Blinky (Alts for Pinky, Inky, and Clyde).
Final Fantasy: Zack Fair ε, Sephiroth, Black Mage, Noctis, Chokobo.
Metal Gear: Raiden, Gray Fox.
Bayonetta: Jeanne ε, Rodin.
Fatal Fury: Andy, Joe, Geese, Kyo.
Persona: Minato, Demi-fiend, Morgana
Dragon Quest: Separate Hero into four separate Luigified characters Erdrick, Solo, Eight, and Eleven, Slime.
Banjo-Kazooie: Tootie, Mumbo, Gruntilda.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Steve works a lot better as a Mii Costume. So many of the Smash Bros characters have some good expressions and can convey their personality through their ideal stance and animation, Steve has zero personality and can't emote at all. He would be a boring character to just look at.
No way, a Mii costume for Steve would look like ass. A Mii costume would bend the arms and legs which goes against the charm and aesthetic of Minecraft. Even Minecraft Dungeons, a game that is focused entirely on combat, doesn't break the bending rule and makes sure to follow it.

As a matter of fact, the opening cinematic follows the rule so diligently that it does it even in a situation where the knee would bend.
dung.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Any person who calls Steve "too boring to be in Smash" should be required to write a 300-word essay on how Samus conveys her emotions through facial expressions in Smash.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Boring is the first thing that comes to my mind when it comes to Steve. Plus we ready have the emotionally unphased characters with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Byleth.
All three of these characters are like "AAAAAAUUGH!!!" when you hit them (Villager only shows it in his face, but still). Steve would be so unnaturally stone faced in a way that's comical.

EDIT: I also don't think they'd even give him the "OOF!" voice clip since they removed that due to girl skins being a thing.

I mean, no disagreement here. Except that Bass wouldn't be an Echo. Proto Man is Mega Man with a shield. Bass has an 8-way buster and an X-style dash.
Well...I'm assuming that certain moveset changes are aloud like wish Ken and Chrom, and that they're not using their 8-bit designs, and that Bass's proportions would fit Mega Man (I think Bass is usually taller than him).

But if we had to keep him exactly the same he does have a buster that acts like Mega Man's (just not in any of his playable appearances). The biggest offender would be the inclusion of the slide (unless they turned it into Charge Kick) and Mega Upper attacks (unless they fudged it and gave it the Crescent Kick animation, but that wouldn't likely make sense). Rush Coil would be kinda awkward too since he doesn't really have an equivalent, but making up a Treble Coil wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either (though I would highly prefer the use of Treble Boost).

Last edited:

RocksteadyBebop

Banned via Warnings
I actually can get behind Steve, I think it’s a really cool idea, especially for the younger generations. I got many of my “boomer” wants...even though I’m not a boomer lol.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm not averse to treating 3rd party series like they were first party, but it shouldn't happen all at once. Blatant favoritism isn't looked fondly upon.

But if we're talking hypotheticals then the Mega Man series should end up with at least Mega Man, Proto Man Σ, Bass Σ, Dr. Wily, X, Zero, and Sigma.
Metal Gear: Raiden, Liquid Snake(echo), Metal Gear REX(boss)
Sonic: Shadow(echo), Death Egg Robot(boss)
Mega Man: Zero, Bass(echo), Wily Machine(boss), Protoman(AT)
Street Fighter: M. Bison
Final Fantasy: Sephiroth, Zack(echo), Safer Sephiroth(boss), Chocobo(AT), Reno(Mii swordfighters), Rude(Mii brawler)
Bayonetta: Jeanne(echo)
Castlevania: Alucard
Dragon Quest: Slimes/King Slime(AT)
Fatal Fury: Geese

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They will never put the Robotic Operating Buddy in Smash, he's literally made of plastic and can't do anything but swivel his arms around. There's no way they'd ever find a way to convey personality through that.

...Look I'm not a Steve supporter, but I think people really underestimate the developers sometimes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They will never put the Robotic Operating Buddy in Smash, he's literally made of plastic and can't do anything but swivel his arms around. How there's no way they'd ever find a way to convey personality through that.

...Look I'm not a Steve supporter, but I think people really underestimate the developers sometimes.
The ****ing literal plastic toy gets a wide ass range of emotions yet Sonic, a character who's personality made him shine so goddamn hard that Nintendo no longer practically had a monopoly, doesn't get to emote much at all. I see how it is

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The ****ing literal plastic toy gets a wide ass range of emotions yet Sonic, a character who's personality made him shine so goddamn hard that Nintendo no longer practically had a monopoly, doesn't get to emote much at all. I see how it is
Poor guy has all of the least interesting qualities of the classic and modern versions of the character with his move pool mostly coming from from Classic Sonic and his personality from Modern Sonic. Like, Sonic Colors Sonic. The one that really couldn't care less about what's going on and is just stopping Eggman for the lulz Sonic.

EDIT: It's also weird that his playstyle isn't aggressive in the slightest, but I suppose that's kind of how he's portrayed in other forms of media so eh.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I've been gradually posting character movesets that were requested. It's a neat little challenge, and I haven't forgotten about anyone on the list. Whether the characters are likely or not, it's still fun hyping them up and imagining how they'd fight if they got in. Anyway, I would like to take a break for a moment and share something that's special to me. After this, I'll get back to the requests, but right now I'm gonna be totally selfish. This character is long overdue. So, here it is. The woman. The myth. The Legend... The reason I bought a PSVita, and my namesake on this forum. The Gravity Queen herself: Kat! I decided to give Alua pretty much ALL of her abilities, but I tried to make it somewhat balanced, ahaha. I apologize for the long read, but I have A LOT to explain because I'm introducing a ton of original concepts. This is dedicated to the Gravity Rush fans out there. THERE ARE DOZENS OF US. I gave this my all and then some! If you don't know Kat now, you will after reading this. BTW, I found this song while making this moveset, and it is HYPE and I just felt like sharing. Anyways, let's gooo!!!

Gravity Rush is all about traversal and dreamlike freedom of movement, and that will be no different in Smash. Kat will have several unique mechanics such as stance changes, wall clinging/movement with inverted controls, and even the ability to recover by briefly walking under the stage, and more! In order to use her properly, players must manage her Gravity Gauge, which depletes while Kat is airborne, fighting on walls/underneath the stage, and/or uses special attacks that drain it. The gauge replenishes when Kat is on the ground, but she's more vulnerable down there without her Gravity Shifting and access to a majority of her special moves. In addition to her Gravity Gauge, every time Kat deals 42% damage (Vita!) to opponents, she gains temporarily enhanced special moves, similar to Limit Break. The enhanced special moves only work while Kat is airborne. After using one, Kat will have to deal 42% more damage to opponents before acquiring it again and so on. Each of Kat's stances give her different mobility options. Her stage recovery is unmatched.

Miscellaneous

Jump: Gravity Shift

Kat does not have a double jump. Press once to jump; the height of her jump varies between stances. However, pressing jump a second time causes Kat to Gravity Shift, which allows her to float in place in midair.

While Shifting, you can use any of the 8 directional inputs, and Kat will fly towards them until her Gravity Gauge depletes, or until you cancel it by pressing jump a third time, which causes her to fall to the ground. While Shifting in midair, you can also Press Z to stance change. Your Gravity Shift's acceleration speed changes depending on the form.

A fully depleted Gravity Gauge puts an airborne Kat into a helpless free fall state, and she's unable to Gravity Shift (and use any moves that drain the gauge) until it replenishes.

Wall Fighting (Only works while in Normal or Jupiter stances)
One of the perks of being able to manipulate gravity is that the laws of physics do not apply to you! Gravity Shift towards a wall in your Normal or Jupiter stances to stand on it. While standing on it, Kat is able to maneuver and fight as if she's on the ground, except her directional controls are inverted to reflect her new position. Here's a visual aid to help explain. Look at her position:

In this position, pressing :GCU: (Up) will move Kat "forward" (towards the sky). Pressing :GCD: (Down) will move Kat "backwards" (towards the ground). Pressing :GCR: (Right) will cause her to crouch. Pressing :GCL: (Left) will make her jump, and pressing it a second time will cause her to revert back to normal gravity. Alternatively, pressing the shield button will also cause Kat to return to normal gravity. You cannot shield while Gravity Shifting on a wall. Furthermore, dealing 5% or more damage to Kat while she's in this state will put her in a helpless "freefall" state until she touches the ground. You also cannot grab while wall fighting; Kat will simply stance change instead. Wall fighting has a number of different uses; it will allow you to hit opponents with attacks you normally couldn't while being on the ground from various angles. It allows offstage shenanigans. Since you can be knocked off from your position and since it drains your Gravity Gauge, it's a high-risk/high-reward tactic.

Shield Special/Z-air: Shifting Style (Stance Change)

Pressing the special button while shielding allows Kat to alternate between her three Shifting Styles: Normal (1st), Lunar (2nd), and Jupiter (3rd). You can also change stances while airborne by pressing the grab button. Each form alters Kat's weight, jump height, fall speed, movement speed, and strength, as well as change how her special moves function. Additionally, a couple of Kat's melee attacks change depending on the form. Mastering Kat would require constantly switching between each Shifting Style.

Normal Style
Enjoy your vanilla~
Kat's standard form and the one she begins each match in. Although it lacks Lunar Style's agility and Jupiter Style's damage, it isn't overspecialized, so it also doesn't suffer from their glaring weaknesses. Normal Style is versatile and balanced, and it is the form that Kat has the largest variety of kick attacks at her disposal.

Down Special: Evasion/Evasion Kick
Evasion is a dodge with a mid-range follow-up kick. Time Evasion to dodge attacks.
Unlike counters, Kat does not have to be attacked to initiate her counterhit. Press the special button after evading to perform Evasion Kick. Evasion Kick knocks opponents upwards when they are at higher damage percentages. Try to follow-up with a Gravity Kick! If a launched opponent is out of reach, you can also try changing into your Lunar Style, Spring Jumping to them, and kicking them back down to the ground with a well-timed Bicycle Kick.

Up Special: Gravity Kick
Behold, Kat's signature move: an aimable, high-flying, zero-gravity dropkick! Similar to Fox's Fire Fox Up Special, you can choose the direction that Kat flies in. Hold down the special button to increase its distance/duration. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge, and extending its distance/duration drains it further.

Neutral Special: Stasis Field
In Normal Style, Kat's neutral special is Stasis Field. Stasis Field is an energy bubble that Kat creates around herself that grabs nearby objects with its gravitational pull. The objects float around Kat and can be thrown like projectiles. Press Neutral Special once to create a Stasis Field. After pressing it, three random objects (boxes, plants, chairs, and/or rocks) will float around Kat that you can toss at any time by pressing Neutral Special again. The projectiles have slight homing properties (similar to Palutena's Autoreticle). While grabbing the objects with Stasis Field briefly leaves Kat vulnerable, throwing them does not. Kat can freely move around and fight before tossing the projectiles. Each projectile deals 2% damage and has minor hitstun each; despite their visual differences, all objects deal the same amount of damage. They can not be reflected; reflecting them simply causes them to fly into each other and break apart. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

Jab Combo: Fighting Skill
4-hit combo. The first 3 hits are kicks that deal 2% damage each, and the final hit is a knee strike with moderate knockback that deals 3% damage. This jab is very useful when Kat is Wall Fighting. The knee strike slightly propels Kat forward. If you manage to knock an opponent away with the knee strike, but don't feel like draining your Gravity Gauge to hit them with a long range attack, try switching to Lunar Style and go for a Rocket Jump!

Smash Attack: Palm Strike (*Smiles in Hinata Hyuga*)
In Gravity Rush, Kat predominately attacks with several styles of kicks, but if you max out her combo list, it is revealed that she has hidden depths in the form of lethal shoulder and palm strikes! Kat's Smash Attack is a multi-hitting attack that consists of two quick shoulder hits and then a palm thrust. It can leave her vulnerable if you miss due to its length, but the palm thrust at the end deals a lot of damage to shields. If all 3 hits connect, the attack deals 13% damage.

Up Smash: Helicopter Kick (Here's a neat IRL example)
Yet another multi-hitting attack. Fast-startup. Poor range, but it is a good anti-air move. Due to it's multi-hitting properties and start-up, it is much more useful when Kat is Wall Fighting because of the different angles it can hit opponents in. It deals 10% damage if all hits connect.

Down Smash: Spinning Kat Kick (see what I did there?)
The Gravity Rush Overture is canon (make sure ya turn on the subtitles) and definitely worth the watch when you're done reading this moveset. This is definitely not a shameless promo. Anyways, Kat's Down Smash is another multi-hitting attack. It is inspired from said Overture. Look... this moveset was a ton of work and I don't expect anyone to read this far, so I had a little fun messing around. Now, back to business.

Up Tilt: Ballet Kick
Visually similar to Wii Fit Trainer's forward tilt, and the move also hits in more than one direction. Kat's arm deals 2% damage behind her, and her leg hits above her and deals 7% damage. The kick has vertical knockback.

Forward Tilt: Hip Attack
Battle-hardened due to how many falls it has endured, Kat lunges forward and hits opponents with her fearsome backside. IDK, I never played the game. Fast start-up and decent range, but a little bit of endlag. Deals minor damage (4%), but occasionally causes opponents to trip because there's a lot of, umm, gravitational force down there or something...

Lunar Style

In this stance, gravity is at its lowest. Kat's attacks are weaker in Lunar Style and she's extremely easy to KO because of her light weight. However, she is more agile. Kat jumps much higher than the other forms, she has a slower, floatier fall speed, she has more ranged attacks, and more multi-hitting attacks. Most importantly, all moves that drain the Gravity Gauge do so at a reduced cost in this state. This allows you to float around and attack more freely without worrying about running out of meter. Now let's break down the unique abilities this stance offers.

Spring Jump
While in Lunar form, simply press the jump button to Spring Jump. Spring Jump takes Kat high into the air in a single leap without the need to Gravity Shift. This will allow you to conserve your Gravity Gauge. One useful tactic is jumping in your Lunar form, changing to your heavier Jupiter form in midair, and dropping down on your enemies for a devastating attack.

Dash: Lunar Sprint
In the Lunar stance, Kat leaps while sprinting, which greatly increases her normal running speed.

Down Air: Flitter Kick
In Lunar form, Kat's Down Air attack changes to a multi-hitting kick attack with a lingering hitbox. It's similar to Yoshi's Down Air but weaker.

Back Air: Bicycle Kick
In Lunar form, Kat's back air attack changes to a quick backflip bicycle kick. The move has a sweetspot at her heels that can meteor smash. Olé!

Neutral Air: Flip Kick (sorry for the potato quality)
Hits behind, above, slightly below, and in front of Kat. Has little knockback, but due to that and Kat's slower descent, it can be used multiple times in midair before she lands.

Wall Interaction: Ricochet
Lunar Style is the only form that can not Wall Fight. However, Gravity Shifting towards a wall in this stance causes Kat to diagonally bounce off of it like a wall jump! The difference is that it deals minor damage to opponents and travels a little farther than the average wall jump.

Down Special: Rocket Jump
Kat launches herself forward. Deals very little damage (5%), but Kat bounces off of opponents if she hits them. It's a useful combo ender, evasion tool, and horizontal recovery. It can also be used to quickly travel from one side of the stage to another without draining the Gravity Gauge. When used while airborne, try cancelling Rocket Jump in midair by switching to Jupiter Style.

Neutral Special: Vortex Field
Kat throws a weak, single projectile that briefly stuns opponents because it's actually a miniature gravity storm. Vortex Field is a useful combo starter and it travels farther than Stasis Field. Its use drains the Gravity Gauge. Vortex Field can be reflected; if it happens, try switching to Jupiter Style and using Barrier (explained below) to send it right back at your foes! Vortex Field can also be absorbed.

Up Special: Wormhole Kick
Wormhole Kick is a mid-range teleportation attack. Similar to existing teleports in Smash, you can choose the direction that Kat teleports in. However, unlike existing teleport attacks, Kat can use it two times consecutively. It is useful because it is far less predictable than Kat's other recovery special. The second teleport has a bit of endlag, which leaves Kat vulnerable. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

Shameless Plug:

Jupiter Style (This form in a nutshell)

Two words: Unga Bunga. In this form, Kat is heavier (and Kat swears it's not because she eats a lot of junk food). Due to Jupiter Style's increased gravity, Kat's jump height is much lower and her fall speed is increased; therefore, Kat will have a much harder time trying to get back on stage. One of Jupiter Style's specialties is its durability and destructive capabilities. What Kat loses in agility and finesse, she makes up for in brute strength: in this form, she is able to deal more damage and she gains a couple of attacks with special properties like super armor. All of Kat's signature ground-based kicks are replaced with her wildly flailing her arms. More importantly, since Kat's weight is increased, her Gravity Slide special move and Gravity Shifting is faster. In other words, despite the form being heavier, when you use your powers to move around, it is the fastest. However, Jupiter Style special moves drain the Gravity Gauge more quickly. And now the differences.

Jab Combo: Fighting Spirit
3-hit combo. Decent range and fast startup. Kat swings each arm, then she punches forward with both of them. The first hit deals 5% damage, the second deals 6% damage, and the third hit deals 7% damage. It is hard to land the entire combo because of its knockback. However, using Lunar Style's Vortex Field projectile, then switching to Jupiter Style could make it easier to land! Another viable strategy is to use the first 1-2 hits in the combo to create distance between your opponent, switch to Normal Style, and using its jab combo.

Dash Attack: Gravity Bash
Kat's Jupiter Style dash attack is a strong body tackle with a lot of forward movement. It has invincibility frames on start-up. If you manage to knock opponents away with Gravity Bash, try keeping the pressure going by switching to Normal Style and lobbing a few Stasis Field projectiles.

Down Special: Barrier
Kat uses a gravitational field to reflect incoming projectiles. Putting up the barrier leaves her vulnerable to grabs, but any damage from physical attacks she sustains while the barrier is up is greatly reduced. Barrier drains the Gravity Gauge. Switching from Lunar to Jupiter to whip out the Barrier reflector before a projectile hits would be pretty clutch.

Neutral Special: Debris Ball totally not Planetary Devastation

Kat creates a dense ball of compressed energy that grows into a large pile of debris. Unlike the Stasis Field and Vortex Field Neutral Specials, Debris Ball can be charged to further increase its damage. Hold down the Neutral Special button to charge up Debris Ball. Kat cannot move until she throws the projectile. A fully charged Debris Ball deals a whopping 22% damage if it hits, but it drains Kat's Gravity Gauge in half. Debris Ball travels 1/3 the distance of Battlefield before it disappears and it can't be reflected but it can be blocked.

Up Special: Surge Kick
Jupiter Style's recovery move; its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. Hold the special button to charge it and increase damage. A charged Surge Kick creates a damaging shockwave around Kat if you aim it towards the ground. A fully charged Surge Kick cannot be interrupted, similar to Ike's Aether. Charging the attack drains the Gravity Gauge further.

Down Air: Orbital Strike
Kat's Down Air in Jupiter form. She falls to the ground and slams it with her fist. The attack possesses a landing hitbox.

Down Smash: Ground Pound
This move is literally in Gravity Rush 2, but there's no images or video footage of it. D: Hopefully, this super accurate visual portrayal will get the point across, but I digress. This is Kat's Down Smash in Jupiter form. It only hits in front of her, but it also hits slightly above her before she slams the ground. It's situational, but the attack can also meteor smash.

Up Smash: Kat Smash (Um, same energy, sooo...)
As demonstrated above, instead of her multi-kick Up Smash, Kat hurls her fists upwards in Jupiter Style. The attack boasts "light damage armor," meaning weak attacks do not cause Kat to flinch. When you use it to launch opponents upwards at higher percentages, try to changing to Normal Style and follow up with a Gravity Kick.

Shameless Plug: Gravity Slap (Forward Tilt)
Jupiter lowkey became the joke form while I was making this moveset because I typed this portion late at night LOL. An enhanced gravity slap would be awesome though. :secretkpop:

Side Special: Gravity Slide
Gravity Slide is a Side Special shared by each stance. However, its speed and abilities vary between each one.

In Normal Style, press Side Special to Gravity Slide. It is a move that allows Kat fast traversal on the ground. Press the Neutral Special Button while Gravity Sliding to perform a sliding kick. You can also press Up or the Jump button while sliding to jump into the air; pressing them again while airborne will cause Kat to cancel her Gravity Slide, and she will begin to Gravity Shift instead. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

In Lunar Style, the Gravity Slide is slower. However, it's able to ride up and down walls.

Jupiter Style's Gravity Slide is the fastest due to Kat's weight. However, it can't jump and Kat does not have a sliding kick follow-up attack. Instead, Kat deals damage by simply ramming into opponents.

Gravity Gauge

Unlike other characters with a meter, Kat starts off with a full one. However, it is simply an indicator of how long you can Gravity Shift in the air and/or use your special moves which drain it. Throughout the match, you must be aware of your Gravity Gauge. The gauge gradually replenishes when you are on the ground.

Enhanced Special Moves

When Kat deals 42% damage or more on an opponent, her special moves are enhanced. A pink circle appears inside of the Gravity Gauge to indicate when you can use Enhanced Special moves. For convenience, I'll refer to them as SP versions.

Similar to Limit Break, you choose one of 4 special moves before reverting back to normal. However, unlike Limit Break, the only way to achieve the temporary power-ups is to damage opponents.

Up Special (SP): Spiraling Claw
Kat's enhanced Up Special. She presses her wrists together (like a Kamehameha Wave!) and performs a drill-like spin dive. You can control which direction she flies in. Multihitting attack. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. Can only be performed while airborne. If all hits connect, it deals 22% damage. The attack can KO opponents at higher percentages.

Neutral Special (SP): Gravity Typhoon
Kat's enhanced Neutral Special. Kat fires 8 weak projectiles with homing properties, and all projectiles thrown at her while using Gravity Typhoon are reflected. Each projectile deals 2.5% damage; if all hit the attack deals 20% damage total. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. It can only be performed while airborne.

Down Special (SP): Gravity Squeeze Micro Black Hole
Kat creates a mini blackhole around herself that damages enemies. Damage varies depending on how close an opponent is to Kat. The attack has no hitstun, but if Kat successfully lands the attack, she also heals 4%.

Side Special (SP): Piercing Throw

Kat uses her powers to fire a projectile capable of hitting multiple opponents simultaneously because it "pierces" through them.

Walking Under the Stage
Similar concept to Wall Fighting except Kat can also do it underneath the stage! She'll plummet to her doom if her Gravity Gauge is empty or if she's damaged by at least 4%.

Taunts

Kat is the first character who is able to taunt while airborne. While Gravity Shifting, press the taunt button to taunt in midair!

Final Smash: Gravity Rush
Raven comes out of nowhere and does a drockick. If it hits, cue that cutscene.

Shameful Promo: For all of the attacks that I didn't cover, check out PlayStation Allstars Battle Royal. LOL

Welp, I poured my heart into making that. I tried to make it as close to the character as possible but also unique. And throughout the process, I ran into a couple of other Kat related Smash artwork/movesets and I'll take a moment to share them as well.

Someone named Rmprod729 made a spirit board. Awesome!

This picture was made by someone named BernLan. Great job, BernLan!

This picture was made by someone named gamergod2173.

Last but certainly not least: MonochromeMiku. You're one of the first results on Google! I really enjoyed your concept.

Aaaand scene. Cue end credit theme:

This might interest you P.Kat P.Kat .
I wanna see your Raven take Night Gale Night Gale . :p

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Hrm, I always knew a company SNK existed, though wasn't entirely aware of how many or what gaming franchises they actually owned, as someone whose never really played any of their games except maybe played a Metal Slug cabinet at an arcade once or twice for ****s and giggles.

That said I definitely knew who Terry was and knew of the "ARE YOU OKAY!?" memes, so even someone ignorant on SNK's history and games found the "LiTeRaLlY wHo!?" comments against Terry baffling.
As an admittedly casual gamer, I had never heard of SNK, Terry or any of the games the company has ever made. Not to say it wasn't influential.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Every time someone brings up Gravity Rush, I tell myself this will be the year I finally buy one of the games.

And it never happens...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Every time someone suggests a generic Black Mage with literally no character or backstory instead of Vivi a puppy orphanage gets set on fire
Piranha Plant. **** you. (Jk. I love you.)
Well...I'm assuming that certain moveset changes are aloud like wish Ken and Chrom, and that they're not using their 8-bit designs, and that Bass's proportions would fit Mega Man (I think Bass is usually taller than him).

But if we had to keep him exactly the same he does have a buster that acts like Mega Man's (just not in any of his playable appearances). The biggest offender would be the inclusion of the slide (unless they turned it into Charge Kick) and Mega Upper attacks (unless they fudged it and gave it the Crescent Kick animation, but that wouldn't likely make sense). Rush Coil would be kinda awkward too since he doesn't really have an equivalent, but making up a Treble Coil wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either (though I would highly prefer the use of Treble Boost).
Well, it appears (don't wanna fan rule myself into a corner) that characters can only get one Echo, and Proto Man is far closer to Mega than Bass is. Proto Man is literally Mega Man with a shield, so he's a much better Echo. And since the list included Proto Man AND Bass, Bass gets the Luigi treatment.

D

Deleted member

But there is ONE iconic stage missing from the list of new stages: Chemical Plant Zone.
I feel this is a good opportunity to explain a stage idea I had: City Escape

In some ways, the Sonic stages in Smash can be thought of as representing different eras, Green Hill Zone represents the classic era, Windy Hill Zone represents the Modern Era. However this leaves the Green Eyes "Dreamcast" Era unrepresented. As the Dreamcast Era encompasses games from the Dreamcast, and all games on non-SEGA consoles up until '06, that would leave us with the three main series being Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. I'd personally consider City Escape and Seaside Hill to be the most iconic levels from these games. City Escape is City Escape, and Seaside Hill gets used almost as much as Green Hill. While Seaside Hill would be a good choice, I feel we don't need three stages with green hills, and checkerboard patterns, so City Escape it is.

How to represent the Escape from the City? That is an important question. City Escape's most memorable aspects can be boiled down to these four things:
-It being a City
-The Skateboarding section
-The Gun Truck chase
-THE MUSIC

As one of these aspects is already in Smash, and another comes for free with putting the stage in the game, this presents the question on which section of the level to represent. The opening Skateboard sequence, or the Gun Truck chase, and to answer that we must first talk about Parallel Universes decide which is easier to represent, and considering the Gun Truck is a large object that comes with hazards for free... I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Yes, I'm proposing an entire stage that takes place on top of the Gun Truck as it goes through City Escape. I mean, everything works itself out from here, the stage will become diagonal as the truck rolls down slopes, the Road will drag players out of sight, and the three saws at the front? They can work as a hazard that damages players that get launched to the right side of the screen, sometimes dropping onto the road to allow for K.O.s. It would be a fast, and chaotic stage, with cars being flung into the air in the background. Don't forget the cars that get thrown into the air, it is necessary for the full City Escape experience.

Did I just use a single line in a post as an excuse to talk about a stage idea I had? Yes. Was it worth? Also, yes. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, next time I'll tell you what Street Fighter music should added to Smash because they refuse to reference games that aren't 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Before this post, there were only 20 posts on this page, yet this page is just as long as the previous one, which had exactly 40 posts.

...That one long post is equal to 20 or more standard posts on this thread.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'd be happy if series like Mega Man and Sonic even got 2 or 3 characters. Personally for MM, I'd go for Mega Man X and another main protag, be it .EXE or GBA Zero. Though an echo like Protoman would be neat enough too.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sakurai only played majority of the bad Sonic games so he ain't going to increase how Sonic is represented; case in point Shadow getting snubbed as an Echo Fighter and being revealed extremely late just to add salt in the wounds. (Seriously, it's the most easiest Assist Trophy to make, all it does is stand still and slows down time like the Stop Watch item. They had zero reason to hold that stupid reveal back until the last announcement.)
Not only that but if you look into the development of Sonic Boom, You can see how strict Sega is with how Sonic is represented as the development team had to remove a lot of features from that game because the things they added were not what Sonic stood for. This also could explain why Sonic was added so late into Brawl's development and why despite the outcry for Shadow, he is still an assist trophy.

Any person who calls Steve "too boring to be in Smash" should be required to write a 300-word essay on how Samus conveys her emotions through facial expressions in Smash.
Steve is too boring to be in Smash

Samus may not convey her expressions in her suit but Zero Suit Samus exists so the whole argument falls apart there. Plus in Ridley's trailer, you can actually see her expressing inside the helmet.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Steve is too boring to be in Smash

Samus may not convey her expressions in her suit but Zero Suit Samus exists so the whole argument falls apart there. Plus in Ridley's trailer, you can actually see her expressing inside the helmet.

It's not like ROB is an open book or anything. How easy is it to tell when he's sad or angry?

Either way, the character's personality has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Sakurai could make a moveset for them. I mean, how likely is it for Sakurai to reject a character because they can't frown or smile?

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I really don't think Samus and Minecraft Steve are really that comparable, and there are other things to take into consideration other than just expressiveness. Samus is first party and Steve is third party so Metroid-related stuff would likely be easier for Nintendo to utilize considering that they, you know, own it. Also, Samus does have actual backstory and does have dialogues/cutscenes in some of her games, whereas Minecraft, to my knowledge, doesn't, so there is still character to Samus people familiar with Metroid can care about even if her non-ZSS form doesn't show much expressiveness from afar.

Another factor for me is visual design and animations, their what kind of abilities they can pull, and Samus looks nicer than any design of Steve, especially his default one, and it does help that Samus doesn't have a awkward, blovky/voxel look that I personally do not care for at all. Samus also has more going for her on the animation front that Steve does.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's not like ROB is an open book or anything. How easy is it to tell when he's sad or angry?
Well R.O.B. has like matrix eyes when he gets hurt but really I was just showing how flawed the comparison was.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Steve gets into Smash, I can picture him apologizing to Banjo and Kazooie for the whole war between them back in 2019.
Apologizing is defeat when Ugly Steve posters weren't Steve supporters at all. :mad088:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And stuff like this why Smash fans often get made fun when they react negatively to character reveals.
You have to keep in mind there actually was a time when Geno was mocked as a Smash suggestion and treated as an absolute joke, even being nominated in a “dumbest fighter suggestion” at one point.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I've been gradually posting character movesets that were requested. It's a neat little challenge, and I haven't forgotten about anyone on the list. Whether the characters are likely or not, it's still fun hyping them up and imagining how they'd fight if they got in. Anyway, I would like to take a break for a moment and share something that's special to me. After this, I'll get back to the requests, but right now I'm gonna be totally selfish. This character is long overdue. So, here it is. The woman. The myth. The Legend... The reason I bought a PSVita, and my namesake on this forum. The Gravity Queen herself: Kat! I decided to give Alua pretty much ALL of her abilities, but I tried to make it somewhat balanced, ahaha. I apologize for the long read, but I have A LOT to explain because I'm introducing a ton of original concepts. This is dedicated to the Gravity Rush fans out there. THERE ARE DOZENS OF US. I gave this my all and then some! If you don't know Kat now, you will after reading this. BTW, I found this song while making this moveset, and it is HYPE and I just felt like sharing. Anyways, let's gooo!!!

Gravity Rush is all about traversal and dreamlike freedom of movement, and that will be no different in Smash. Kat will have several unique mechanics such as stance changes, wall clinging/movement with inverted controls, and even the ability to recover by briefly walking under the stage, and more! In order to use her properly, players must manage her Gravity Gauge, which depletes while Kat is airborne, fighting on walls/underneath the stage, and/or uses special attacks that drain it. The gauge replenishes when Kat is on the ground, but she's more vulnerable down there without her Gravity Shifting and access to a majority of her special moves. In addition to her Gravity Gauge, every time Kat deals 42% damage (Vita!) to opponents, she gains temporarily enhanced special moves, similar to Limit Break. The enhanced special moves only work while Kat is airborne. After using one, Kat will have to deal 42% more damage to opponents before acquiring it again and so on. Each of Kat's stances give her different mobility options. Her stage recovery is unmatched.

Miscellaneous

Jump: Gravity Shift

Kat does not have a double jump. Press once to jump; the height of her jump varies between stances. However, pressing jump a second time causes Kat to Gravity Shift, which allows her to float in place in midair.

While Shifting, you can use any of the 8 directional inputs, and Kat will fly towards them until her Gravity Gauge depletes, or until you cancel it by pressing jump a third time, which causes her to fall to the ground. While Shifting in midair, you can also Press Z to stance change. Your Gravity Shift's acceleration speed changes depending on the form.

A fully depleted Gravity Gauge puts an airborne Kat into a helpless free fall state, and she's unable to Gravity Shift (and use any moves that drain the gauge) until it replenishes.

Wall Fighting (Only works while in Normal or Jupiter stances)

One of the perks of being able to manipulate gravity is that the laws of physics do not apply to you! Gravity Shift towards a wall in your Normal or Jupiter stances to stand on it. While standing on it, Kat is able to maneuver and fight as if she's on the ground, except her directional controls are inverted to reflect her new position. Here's a visual aid to help explain. Look at her position:

In this position, pressing :GCU: (Up) will move Kat "forward" (towards the sky). Pressing :GCD: (Down) will move Kat "backwards" (towards the ground). Pressing :GCR: (Right) will cause her to crouch. Pressing :GCL: (Left) will make her jump, and pressing it a second time will cause her to revert back to normal gravity. Alternatively, pressing the shield button will also cause Kat to return to normal gravity. You cannot shield while Gravity Shifting on a wall. Furthermore, dealing 5% or more damage to Kat while she's in this state will put her in a helpless "freefall" state until she touches the ground. You also cannot grab while wall fighting; Kat will simply stance change instead. Wall fighting has a number of different uses; it will allow you to hit opponents with attacks you normally couldn't while being on the ground from various angles. It allows offstage shenanigans. Since you can be knocked off from your position and since it drains your Gravity Gauge, it's a high-risk/high-reward tactic.

Shield Special/Z-air: Shifting Style (Stance Change)

Pressing the special button while shielding allows Kat to alternate between her three Shifting Styles: Normal (1st), Lunar (2nd), and Jupiter (3rd). You can also change stances while airborne by pressing the grab button. Each form alters Kat's weight, jump height, fall speed, movement speed, and strength, as well as change how her special moves function. Additionally, a couple of Kat's melee attacks change depending on the form. Mastering Kat would require constantly switching between each Shifting Style.

Normal Style

Kat's standard form and the one she begins each match in. Although it lacks Lunar Style's agility and Jupiter Style's damage, it isn't overspecialized, so it also doesn't suffer from their glaring weaknesses. Normal Style is versatile and balanced, and it is the form that Kat has the largest variety of kick attacks at her disposal.

Down Special: Evasion/Evasion Kick

Evasion is a dodge with a mid-range follow-up kick. Time Evasion to dodge attacks.

Unlike counters, Kat does not have to be attacked to initiate her counterhit. Press the special button after evading to perform Evasion Kick. Evasion Kick knocks opponents upwards when they are at higher damage percentages. Try to follow-up with a Gravity Kick! If a launched opponent is out of reach, you can also try changing into your Lunar Style, Spring Jumping to them, and kicking them back down to the ground with a well-timed Bicycle Kick.

Up Special: Gravity Kick

Behold, Kat's signature move: an aimable, high-flying, zero-gravity dropkick! Similar to Fox's Fire Fox Up Special, you can choose the direction that Kat flies in. Hold down the special button to increase its distance/duration. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge, and extending its distance/duration drains it further.

Neutral Special: Stasis Field

In Normal Style, Kat's neutral special is Stasis Field. Stasis Field is an energy bubble that Kat creates around herself that grabs nearby objects with its gravitational pull. The objects float around Kat and can be thrown like projectiles. Press Neutral Special once to create a Stasis Field. After pressing it, three random objects (boxes, plants, chairs, and/or rocks) will float around Kat that you can toss at any time by pressing Neutral Special again. The projectiles have slight homing properties (similar to Palutena's Autoreticle). While grabbing the objects with Stasis Field briefly leaves Kat vulnerable, throwing them does not. Kat can freely move around and fight before tossing the projectiles. Each projectile deals 2% damage and has minor hitstun each; despite their visual differences, all objects deal the same amount of damage. They can not be reflected; reflecting them simply causes them to fly into each other and break apart. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

Jab Combo: Fighting Skill

4-hit combo. The first 3 hits are kicks that deal 2% damage each, and the final hit is a knee strike with moderate knockback that deals 3% damage. This jab is very useful when Kat is Wall Fighting. The knee strike slightly propels Kat forward. If you manage to knock an opponent away with the knee strike, but don't feel like draining your Gravity Gauge to hit them with a long range attack, try switching to Lunar Style and go for a Rocket Jump!

Smash Attack: Palm Strike (*Smiles in Hinata Hyuga*)

In Gravity Rush, Kat predominately attacks with several styles of kicks, but if you max out her combo list, it is revealed that she has hidden depths in the form of lethal shoulder and palm strikes! Kat's Smash Attack is a multi-hitting attack that consists of two quick shoulder hits and then a palm thrust. It can leave her vulnerable if you miss due to its length, but the palm thrust at the end deals a lot of damage to shields. If all 3 hits connect, the attack deals 13% damage.

Up Smash: Helicopter Kick (Here's a neat IRL example)

Yet another multi-hitting attack. Fast-startup. Poor range, but it is a good anti-air move. Due to it's multi-hitting properties and start-up, it is much more useful when Kat is Wall Fighting because of the different angles it can hit opponents in. It deals 10% damage if all hits connect.

Down Smash: Spinning Kat Kick (see what I did there?)

The Gravity Rush Overture is canon (make sure ya turn on the subtitles) and definitely worth the watch when you're done reading this moveset. This is definitely not a shameless promo. Anyways, Kat's Down Smash is another multi-hitting attack. It is inspired from said Overture. Look... this moveset was a ton of work and I don't expect anyone to read this far, so I had a little fun messing around. Now, back to business.

Up Tilt: Ballet Kick

Visually similar to Wii Fit Trainer's forward tilt, and the move also hits in more than one direction. Kat's arm deals 2% damage behind her, and her leg hits above her and deals 7% damage. The kick has vertical knockback.

Forward Tilt: Hip Attack

Battle-hardened due to how many falls it has endured, Kat lunges forward and hits opponents with her fearsome backside. IDK, I never played the game. Fast start-up and decent range, but a little bit of endlag. Deals minor damage (4%), but occasionally causes opponents to trip because there's a lot of, umm, gravitational force down there or something...

Lunar Style

In this stance, gravity is at its lowest. Kat's attacks are weaker in Lunar Style and she's extremely easy to KO because of her light weight. However, she is more agile. Kat jumps much higher than the other forms, she has a slower, floatier fall speed, she has more ranged attacks, and more multi-hitting attacks. Most importantly, all moves that drain the Gravity Gauge do so at a reduced cost in this state. This allows you to float around and attack more freely without worrying about running out of meter. Now let's break down the unique abilities this stance offers.

Spring Jump

While in Lunar form, simply press the jump button to Spring Jump. Spring Jump takes Kat high into the air in a single leap without the need to Gravity Shift. This will allow you to conserve your Gravity Gauge. One useful tactic is jumping in your Lunar form, changing to your heavier Jupiter form in midair, and dropping down on your enemies for a devastating attack.

Dash: Lunar Sprint

In the Lunar stance, Kat leaps while sprinting, which greatly increases her normal running speed.

Down Air: Flitter Kick

In Lunar form, Kat's Down Air attack changes to a multi-hitting kick attack with a lingering hitbox. It's similar to Yoshi's Down Air but weaker.

Back Air: Bicycle Kick

In Lunar form, Kat's back air attack changes to a quick backflip bicycle kick. The move has a sweetspot at her heels that can meteor smash. Olé!

Neutral Air: Flip Kick (sorry for the potato quality)

Hits behind, above, slightly below, and in front of Kat. Has little knockback, but due to that and Kat's slower descent, it can be used multiple times in midair before she lands.

Wall Interaction: Ricochet

Lunar Style is the only form that can not Wall Fight. However, Gravity Shifting towards a wall in this stance causes Kat to diagonally bounce off of it like a wall jump! The difference is that it deals minor damage to opponents and travels a little farther than the average wall jump.

Down Special: Rocket Jump

Kat launches herself forward. Deals very little damage (5%), but Kat bounces off of opponents if she hits them. It's a useful combo ender, evasion tool, and horizontal recovery. It can also be used to quickly travel from one side of the stage to another without draining the Gravity Gauge. When used while airborne, try cancelling Rocket Jump in midair by switching to Jupiter Style.

Neutral Special: Vortex Field

Kat throws a weak, single projectile that briefly stuns opponents because it's actually a miniature gravity storm. Vortex Field is a useful combo starter and it travels farther than Stasis Field. Its use drains the Gravity Gauge. Vortex Field can be reflected; if it happens, try switching to Jupiter Style and using Barrier (explained below) to send it right back at your foes! Vortex Field can also be absorbed.

Up Special: Wormhole Kick

Wormhole Kick is a mid-range teleportation attack. Similar to existing teleports in Smash, you can choose the direction that Kat teleports in. However, unlike existing teleport attacks, Kat can use it two times consecutively. It is useful because it is far less predictable than Kat's other recovery special. The second teleport has a bit of endlag, which leaves Kat vulnerable. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

Shameless Plug:

Jupiter Style (This form in a nutshell)

Two words: Unga Bunga. In this form, Kat is heavier (and Kat swears it's not because she eats a lot of junk food). Due to Jupiter Style's increased gravity, Kat's jump height is much lower and her fall speed is increased; therefore, Kat will have a much harder time trying to get back on stage. One of Jupiter Style's specialties is its durability and destructive capabilities. What Kat loses in agility and finesse, she makes up for in brute strength: in this form, she is able to deal more damage and she gains a couple of attacks with special properties like super armor. All of Kat's signature ground-based kicks are replaced with her wildly flailing her arms. More importantly, since Kat's weight is increased, her Gravity Slide special move and Gravity Shifting is faster. In other words, despite the form being heavier, when you use your powers to move around, it is the fastest. However, Jupiter Style special moves drain the Gravity Gauge more quickly. And now the differences.

Jab Combo: Fighting Spirit

3-hit combo. Decent range and fast startup. Kat swings each arm, then she punches forward with both of them. The first hit deals 5% damage, the second deals 6% damage, and the third hit deals 7% damage. It is hard to land the entire combo because of its knockback. However, using Lunar Style's Vortex Field projectile, then switching to Jupiter Style could make it easier to land! Another viable strategy is to use the first 1-2 hits in the combo to create distance between your opponent, switch to Normal Style, and using its jab combo.

Dash Attack: Gravity Bash

Kat's Jupiter Style dash attack is a strong body tackle with a lot of forward movement. It has invincibility frames on start-up. If you manage to knock opponents away with Gravity Bash, try keeping the pressure going by switching to Normal Style and lobbing a few Stasis Field projectiles.

Down Special: Barrier

Kat uses a gravitational field to reflect incoming projectiles. Putting up the barrier leaves her vulnerable to grabs, but any damage from physical attacks she sustains while the barrier is up is greatly reduced. Barrier drains the Gravity Gauge. Switching from Lunar to Jupiter to whip out the Barrier reflector before a projectile hits would be pretty clutch.

Neutral Special: Debris Ball totally not Planetary Devastation

Kat creates a dense ball of compressed energy that grows into a large pile of debris. Unlike the Stasis Field and Vortex Field Neutral Specials, Debris Ball can be charged to further increase its damage. Hold down the Neutral Special button to charge up Debris Ball. Kat cannot move until she throws the projectile. A fully charged Debris Ball deals a whopping 22% damage if it hits, but it drains Kat's Gravity Gauge in half. Debris Ball travels 1/3 the distance of Battlefield before it disappears and it can't be reflected but it can be blocked.

Up Special: Surge Kick
Jupiter Style's recovery move; its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. Hold the special button to charge it and increase damage. A charged Surge Kick creates a damaging shockwave around Kat if you aim it towards the ground. A fully charged Surge Kick cannot be interrupted, similar to Ike's Aether. Charging the attack drains the Gravity Gauge further.

Down Air: Orbital Strike

Kat's Down Air in Jupiter form. She falls to the ground and slams it with her fist. The attack possesses a landing hitbox.

Down Smash: Ground Pound

This move is literally in Gravity Rush 2, but there's no images or video footage of it. D: Hopefully, this super accurate visual portrayal will get the point across, but I digress. This is Kat's Down Smash in Jupiter form. It only hits in front of her, but it also hits slightly above her before she slams the ground. It's situational, but the attack can also meteor smash.

Up Smash: Kat Smash (Um, same energy, sooo...)

As demonstrated above, instead of her multi-kick Up Smash, Kat hurls her fists upwards in Jupiter Style. The attack boasts "light damage armor," meaning weak attacks do not cause Kat to flinch. When you use it to launch opponents upwards at higher percentages, try to changing to Normal Style and follow up with a Gravity Kick.

Shameless Plug: Gravity Slap (Forward Tilt)
Jupiter lowkey became the joke form while I was making this moveset because I typed this portion late at night LOL. An enhanced gravity slap would be awesome though. :secretkpop:

Side Special: Gravity Slide

Gravity Slide is a Side Special shared by each stance. However, its speed and abilities vary between each one.

In Normal Style, press Side Special to Gravity Slide. It is a move that allows Kat fast traversal on the ground. Press the Neutral Special Button while Gravity Sliding to perform a sliding kick. You can also press Up or the Jump button while sliding to jump into the air; pressing them again while airborne will cause Kat to cancel her Gravity Slide, and she will begin to Gravity Shift instead. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge.

In Lunar Style, the Gravity Slide is slower. However, it's able to ride up and down walls.

Jupiter Style's Gravity Slide is the fastest due to Kat's weight. However, it can't jump and Kat does not have a sliding kick follow-up attack. Instead, Kat deals damage by simply ramming into opponents.

Gravity Gauge

Unlike other characters with a meter, Kat starts off with a full one. However, it is simply an indicator of how long you can Gravity Shift in the air and/or use your special moves which drain it. Throughout the match, you must be aware of your Gravity Gauge. The gauge gradually replenishes when you are on the ground.

Enhanced Special Moves

When Kat deals 42% damage or more on an opponent, her special moves are enhanced. A pink circle appears inside of the Gravity Gauge to indicate when you can use Enhanced Special moves. For convenience, I'll refer to them as SP versions.

Similar to Limit Break, you choose one of 4 special moves before reverting back to normal. However, unlike Limit Break, the only way to achieve the temporary power-ups is to damage opponents.

Up Special (SP): Spiraling Claw

Kat's enhanced Up Special. She presses her wrists together (like a Kamehameha Wave!) and performs a drill-like spin dive. You can control which direction she flies in. Multihitting attack. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. Can only be performed while airborne. If all hits connect, it deals 22% damage. The attack can KO opponents at higher percentages.

Neutral Special (SP): Gravity Typhoon

Kat's enhanced Neutral Special. Kat fires 8 weak projectiles with homing properties, and all projectiles thrown at her while using Gravity Typhoon are reflected. Each projectile deals 2.5% damage; if all hit the attack deals 20% damage total. Its usage drains the Gravity Gauge. It can only be performed while airborne.

Down Special (SP): Gravity Squeeze Micro Black Hole
Kat creates a mini blackhole around herself that damages enemies. Damage varies depending on how close an opponent is to Kat. The attack has no hitstun, but if Kat successfully lands the attack, she also heals 4%.

Side Special (SP): Piercing Throw

Kat uses her powers to fire a projectile capable of hitting multiple opponents simultaneously because it "pierces" through them.

Walking Under the Stage

Similar concept to Wall Fighting except Kat can also do it underneath the stage! She'll plummet to her doom if her Gravity Gauge is empty or if she's damaged by at least 4%.

Taunts

Kat is the first character who is able to taunt while airborne. While Gravity Shifting, press the taunt button to taunt in midair!

Final Smash: Gravity Rush
Raven comes out of nowhere and does a drockick. If it hits, cue that cutscene.

Shameful Promo: For all of the attacks that I didn't cover, check out PlayStation Allstars Battle Royal. LOL

Welp, I poured my heart into making that. I tried to make it as close to the character as possible but also unique. And throughout the process, I ran into a couple of other Kat related Smash artwork/movesets and I'll take a moment to share them as well.

Someone named Rmprod729 made a spirit board. Awesome!

This picture was made by someone named BernLan. Great job, BernLan!

This picture was made by someone named gamergod2173.

Last but certainly not least: MonochromeMiku. You're one of the first results on Google! I really enjoyed your concept.

Aaaand scene. Cue end credit theme:

This might interest you P.Kat P.Kat .
I wanna see your Raven take Night Gale Night Gale . :p
For the love of God, PLEASE compress this post into one Spoiler tag and warn that it's long as ****.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really don't think Samus and Minecraft Steve are really that comparable, and there are other things to take into consideration other than just expressiveness. Samus is first party and Steve is third party so Metroid-related stuff would likely be easier for Nintendo to utilize considering that they, you know, own it. Also, Samus does have actual backstory and does have dialogues/cutscenes in some of her games, whereas Minecraft, to my knowledge, doesn't, so there is still character to Samus people familiar with Metroid can care about even if her non-ZSS form doesn't show much expressiveness from afar.

Another factor for me is visual design and animations, their what kind of abilities they can pull, and Samus looks nicer than any design of Steve, especially his default one, and it does help that Samus doesn't have a awkward, blovky/voxel look that I personally do not care for at all. Samus also has more going for her on the animation front that Steve does.
I wasn't comparing their canon personalities or who looks subjectively nicer. My point is Samus' personality in Smash is completely limited with her animations which literally every character has.

Like, I get if Steve isn't your thing but I found it baffling how many people are obsessed with the idea of "proving" their despise is a scientific fact that keeps him away from Smash.

Samus got in Smash years before ZSS and Ridley trailer but cool.

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about Steve and Minecraft without having the 451st discussion about how "Steve can't be in Smash because: Minecraft's art style doesn't work in Smash/His limbs can't bend/He doesn't express emotions/I don't like Minecraft"? Thanks

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Can we talk about Steve and Minecraft without having the 451st discussion about how "Steve can't be in Smash because: Minecraft's art style doesn't work in Smash/His limbs can't bend/He doesn't express emotions/I don't like Minecraft"? Thanks
N o. i t w i l l n e v e r s t o p.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
lmao at all of y'all trying to pretend as if page length matters on your punchy fighty children's party game message board. God forbid someone post something really well-thought-out to distract us from the millionth conversation about Minecraft ****ing Steve.

KatKit KatKit Really love this moveset. What I like the most about it is how easy to understand and accurate to her games it is, while simultaneously being complex and full of depth. Each part individually works together to form a cohesive whole. I especially like how you've Incorporated the gravity shifting mechanic, I can instantly see it dancing in my head. Also the picture edits are really funny. Great work.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
lmao at all of y'all trying to pretend as if page length matters on your punchy fighty children's party game message board. God forbid someone post something really well-thought-out to distract us from the millionth conversation about Minecraft ****ing Steve.
I mean, I loved the moveset but it still makes navigating the page super hard and that many embeds will murder the mobile device.

You can post something really well-thought-out and still put it in a spoiler tag and use links. Just saying.

toonito

Smash Ace
But I say keep this game going!
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Guile, Akuma.
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man ε, Pac-Man Jr. (Think Young Link to Link), Blinky (Alts for Pinky, Inky, and Clyde).
Final Fantasy: Zack Fair ε, Sephiroth, Black Mage, Noctis, Chokobo.
Metal Gear: Raiden, Gray Fox.
Bayonetta: Jeanne ε, Rodin.
Fatal Fury: Andy, Joe, Geese, Kyo.
Persona: Minato, Demi-fiend, Morgana
Dragon Quest: Separate Hero into four separate Luigified characters Erdrick, Solo, Eight, and Eleven, Slime.
Banjo-Kazooie: Tootie, Mumbo, Gruntilda.
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Guile, Nash ε
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man alt)
Final Fantasy: Zack Fair ε, Vivi
Metal Gear: Raiden
Bayonetta: Jeanne ε
Fatal Fury: Andy, Joe, Kim, Blue Mary
Persona: N/A
Dragon Quest: N/A
Banjo-Kazooie: N/A
Mega Man: Roll ε, Zero, Mega Man X
Sonic: Tails
Castlevania: N/A

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't think I've seen anyone bring up Casino Night Zone during this whole Sonic discussion. It would be a beautiful stage with some interesting gimmicks like the slot machine at the end of the sections that can be used to summon powerful items if won.

Also, Steve can totally work in Smash Bros. He has more personality and mobility as seen in the Dungeon games and other spinoffs. If Sakurai can give characters like Rob personality, he can give Steve personality. I honestly have not seen a really good argument as to why Steve shouldn't be or couldn't work in Smash Bros. I feel like some of these people bring up these arguments against Steve just because they don't like Minecraft or they don't want Minecraft in Smash. That's not to say you have to support him or like him being in Smash. But to Steve's naysayers, bring up one valid argument as to why Steve couldn't work in Smash, aside from the typical "He's an avatar" or "He is too stiff and boring".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom