• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not about wanting to get it wrong, it's about being bad at timing like I am.
Perhaps I worded it wrong, what I mean is that there's no risk of L Cancelling. Like, Roman Cancel lets you cancel moves to extend combos or apply pressure that normally wouldn't work, but the risk is 50% of your Tension, meaning you won't always want to RC. Snapbacks cost 1 bar in MvC, but if your opponent blocks, you just wasted a bar. L Cancelling has no risk that would force you to think twice about using it, which just adds an extra input for the sake of an extra input. This is why landing lag was reduced all around the board for Ultimate, it removes the barrier of execution and prevents you from ****ing up your hands as much

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is one of the most baffling takes around because literally all it does is show people you refuse to or are incapable of acknowledging reality.
I can't help you this time N3ON, you're owned on your own for sarcasm.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind a third AC character, but comparing Tom Nook to an ARMS character is a pretty good way to illustrate why I don't think he'll happen in this pass.

One character has obvious moveset potential from the get-go. The other would have to be made from scratch and would require a lot of creative thinking.
I think Sakurai likes the characters that require more creative thinking in implementing a moveset.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
>playing XC2 with English voices

Man, Rex’s voice actor just can’t yell on cue. He just can’t.

The only Xenoblade 2 rep I would genuinely be over the moon to see would be Zeke the Zekenator, but I think it’s safe to say it’d be more likely for the fighters pass to be cancelled before that happens.

Don’t lie to yourself, now that I’ve brought it up you secretly want him too.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Perhaps I worded it wrong, what I mean is that there's no risk of L Cancelling. Like, Roman Cancel lets you cancel moves to extend combos or apply pressure that normally wouldn't work, but the risk is 50% of your Tension, meaning you won't always want to RC. Snapbacks cost 1 bar in MvC, but if your opponent blocks, you just wasted a bar. L Cancelling has no risk that would force you to think twice about using it, which just adds an extra input for the sake of an extra input. This is why landing lag was reduced all around the board for Ultimate, it removes the barrier of execution and prevents you from ****ing up your hands as much
You make a good point, but you quoted the wrong person.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Wait... hold on where's all the icon people at now? Lol Care to explain why Nintendogs and balloon fight had an icon in character section werenot in the leak?

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Thing is, that's the point of timed hits, it's like why L-cancel is an objectively bad mechanic, there's no reason not to do it. Timed hits is literally "Get it right and you get rewarded" but there's no situation you'd want to get it wrong
Then they could make situations in which you’d want to get it wrong, maybe?

For example, for the Karate Man projectile, if you get the timing, it goes straight forward with a lot of force, while of you whiff it, it goes up in a higher arc with less power. If the opponent is approaching you from the air, you’d want to mistime it, since only then the high arc would make it hit them.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
One solution would be to make attacking in different rhythms (or in no rhythm) have different effects that aren't strictly better or worse in all cases.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This is one of the most baffling takes around because literally all it does is show people you refuse to or are incapable of acknowledging reality.
Reality bends to conform to my will.

I can't help you this time N3ON, you're owned on your own for sarcasm.
Nah, he's right. Even if it's technically wrong, that's still totally my take.

Believing all leaks are fake makes me right at least 99% of the time. And I'm okay with that. Much better that than to be someone that entertains leaks as being possible and ends up disappointed 99% of the time.

However, maintaining that reality requires not acknowledging that other 1% of the time when it does happen. Those lucky guessers!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait... hold on where's all the icon people at now? Lol Care to explain why Nintendogs and balloon fight had an icon in character section werenot in the leak?
Can you source that? Because that's the first I'm hearing it and at this point I'm not putting it past you to just make stuff up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Look at where it's positioned in the leak. It's by the rest of the first party series with characters, not next to the stage only series.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Trolling/bait
Look at where it's positioned in the leak. It's by the rest of the first party series with characters, not next to the stage only series.
Haha way to move the goal post... PAC man is there also... your goalpost is now destroyed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haha way to move the goal post... PAC man is there also... your goalpost is now destroyed.
It doesn't take a whole lot of critical thinking to realize they separated the first parties from the third parties. Quit being a troll.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pac-man is my favourite Nintendo character just like Sonic is my favourite Naughty Dog character :4pacman:

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
It doesn't take a whole lot of critical thinking to realize they separated the first parties from the third parties. Quit being a troll.
Look at the desperation. Whole board was going at me now that they were proven wrong we got a buch of goal posts moving. The icon meant nothing.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Was there a bad photoshop of the new character from Nintendo's new franchise LEGS along with some Mii Costumes fighting thumbs up Ken?? I'm very confused.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nope. All leaks are BS all the time. And the ones that aren't were just lucky guesses.

No, I can assure you, you basically saying "You haven't been on this video game message board for years and made thousands of posts!" is not an insult to HIM.

People who use that argument to try and undermine someone else's viewpoint are always hilarious to me. As if having less of a life makes their viewpoint more valid.
Ah yes ESRB leak a very lucky guess LMAO

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look at the desperation. Whole board was going at me now that they were proven wrong we got a buch of goal posts moving. The icon meant nothing.
Why are you acting like a villain now bruh :rotfl: You guys have been debating for hours over a .png file, I think the premise alone says why people stopped.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Isn't that the point of debating, to prove that your opinion is right or at least superior? While I disagree with his opinion strongly, I don't see a need to sarcastically cut him down. (In fact, this is an ad hominem attack.) Sure, he states his opinion unapologetically, but that's not a crime. Nowhere do I see him explicitly saying that his statement is irrefutable fact.
There is no debating an opinion. Good and Bad are all subjective that are formed around people's own perceptions and feelings. Logically all opinions are right because it's said by a person who explains how they feel about it. There is no superior opinion, that just not how it works. You can state you're opinion, the reasoning behind it, and some might see where you're coming from or could change their original perspective, but you can't debate to prove an opinion is right or superior to the other. Many times you can't change how people feel about thing, you can just say how you feel about it.
There are people who are going to like Xenoblade 2, there are going to be people who don't like it, and then there's Sakurai who thinks it is a masterpiece.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Why are you acting like a villain now bruh :rotfl: You guys have been debating for hours over a .png file, I think the premise alone says why people stopped.
I mean sure the premise itself is ludacris. But people were going at me because I dare act realistic about their beloved rythm heaven character getting in. Now everyone quiet because I pointed out Nintendog and balloon fighter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean sure the premise itself is ludacris. But people were going at me because I dare act realistic about their beloved rythm heaven character getting in. Now everyone quiet because I pointed out Nintendog and balloon fighter
Actually I got quiet because I reported you for trolling, just to clear things up. Didn't want to continue something that was clearly going nowhere.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Giftpia drawings in the year of 2020 in those flip note switch leaks huh

Pokkle confirmed

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
My goodness. All of this over the harmless mention of wanting a character from Rhythm Heaven in Smash. That went from 0 to 10,000 really quickly and unnecessarily.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
All three :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: got similar movesets even though they could easily be more. If you could just change one thing about their moveset, what would it be?

I would give :ultlink: Revali's Gale, :ultyounglink: the Bomb Mask instead of regular bombs, and :ulttoonlink:'s up special move horizontally when grounded.
i'm just trying to break the silence man i ain't good at it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All three :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: got similar movesets even though they could easily be more. If you could just change one thing about their moveset, what would it be?

I would give :ultlink: Revali's Gale, :ultyounglink: the Bomb Mask instead of regular bombs, and :ulttoonlink:'s up special move horizontally when grounded.
I would love for Toon Link to get horizontal Spin Attack.

D

Deleted member

Young Link having masks from Majora's Mask seems to be a popular idea. I support it because it gives Y. Link a fresh spin and Toon Link can just be the original Link moveset now.

BOTW Link is honestly as good as he can get now without using more Sheikah Slate nonsense or switching is Up-B to the glider. Idk, I think they made him good enough.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what's the latest? I've been running 4 ARMS threads so I'm a bit behind on the not-ARMS related stuff.

Guybrush20X6: Mighty Life-Desision-Maker

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just report him and admins and mods will deal with him.
Take that to a comedy club, they love a riot.

Young Link having masks from Majora's Mask seems to be a popular idea. I support it because it gives Y. Link a fresh spin
I agree, but transformation masks seem iffy. Not sure how that'll work honestly.

and Toon Link can just be the original Link moveset now.
This is Toon Link bullying :sadsheep:

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade X got the shaft in terms of music and I want those songs in.

That's the only reason I want Elma.
I feel like a LOT of series got the shaft in terms of music in Ultimate. I mean, look how the just blatantly ignored DKCTF. One of the best video game soundtracks to ever exist is just blatantly ignored for more jungle hijinx. I think its safe to say Sakurai just has bad taste in music.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So what's the latest? I've been running 4 ARMS threads so I'm a bit behind on the not-ARMS related stuff.

Guybrush20X6: Mighty Life-Desision-Maker
New Flipnote studio leaks has Nintendo staff acknowledging Giftpia

All Mario 3D platformers are getting remasters

Paper Mario is coming back with PM1/2 gameplay

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At least it's not as bad as that fake Ken leak, lmao.

I mean seriously, that guy went through all that trouble to make a model of Ken when obviously Shadow would be the first 3rd party echo. Ridiculous, isn't it.
The thumbs-up and cheeky smile was the easiest giveaway. They're practically saying it's fake!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New Flipnote studio leaks has Nintendo staff acknowledging Giftpia

All Mario 3D platformers are getting remasters

Paper Mario is coming back with PM1/2 gameplay
Heard the first one as Ribbon Girl was in it.

Are we certain it's gonna be PM1 and TTYD gameplay? They promised a return to form in Sticker Star and we know how that turned out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom