• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yea and I RESPONDED TO THAT saying SO WAS PACman. Even though the goal post was moved I STILL responded to it
That was explained to. 3rd party icons are separated from 1st party icons. It's not in-house. Don't forget that all 3rd parties are at the end of the roster and before only the Clones(who notably were last minute additions by Sakurai, and were going to be alts first), and the Mii Fighters are far last on the Character Select Screen because they don't exist till you create them. So it was always 1st party, 3rd party, clones, Mii Fighters, and Random button. The data and the Character Select Screen literally separate them. ...Why is it that surprising? That pretty much answers your question.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let’s get off the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash 4 argument because it doesn’t matter, and let’s focus on speculation!

Let’s play a game: I’ll ask a question and then everyone who responds to the other person’s answer has to say something positive about their choice.

Let’s say you can GUARANTEE the inclusion of a character you want it Smash, but you have to sacrifice someone else you want as well.

For me, I’d guarantee Sora, but I’d sacrifice 2B.
I'd guarantee Brian, but sacrifice Fulgore.

...It helps I highly doubt Fulgore would get in over Chief or Steve. I'm in a lucky position. >.>

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not Smash related but with those rumors of Mario getting some remaster and new game for his 35th anniversary, I hope next year we'll see some Zelda and Metroid remaster because 2021 will be both franchises 35th anniversary. It would be cool to have some classic Zelda and Metroid on switch and I love Mario, but I wish Nintendo would acknowledge more game anniversary than only Mario, Pokémon and Luigi.
For Zelda? They will make something for sure. For Metroid? Unfortunately, I'm not so sure about that. At this point I'd be happy if they at least decide to upload a tweet acknowledging the 35th anniversary of Metroid after not even saying anything back then during the 30th anniversary of the franchise...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And literally people admitted exactly what I said
You said that the leak was the only reason why people liked the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character. This isn't true. Yes there was some bandwagoning, and the leak was responsible for the character being at the forefront of discussion, but that happens with every leak, and it doesn't mean that the series doesn't have it's fans. Someone saying that the leak caused him to remember the fun he'd had with the Rhythm Heaven series does not mean that it's the only reason he wanted it to be represented in Super Smash Bros.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
For Zelda? They will make something for sure. For Metroid? Unfortunately, I'm not so sure about that. At this point I'd be happy if they at least decide to upload a tweet acknowledging the 35th anniversary of Metroid after not even saying anything back then during the 30th anniversary of the franchise...
Prime Trilogy switch port has been in the know for a while by insiders. Nintendo has apparently been keeping it from releasing likely due to Prime 4 delay.

Assuming Prime 4 gets released or gets big press next year, that could be a good time to release it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let’s get off the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash 4 argument because it doesn’t matter, and let’s focus on speculation!

Let’s play a game: I’ll ask a question and then everyone who responds to the other person’s answer has to say something positive about their choice.

Let’s say you can GUARANTEE the inclusion of a character you want it Smash, but you have to sacrifice someone else you want as well.

we've gotten this far with an ARMS rep, so imma say guaranteeing Min Min and I'll sacrifice another one of my first party wants, Elma
1585612263451.png

Last edited:

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
That was explained to. 3rd party icons are separated from 1st party icons. It's not in-house. Don't forget that all 3rd parties are at the end of the roster and before only the Clones(who notably were last minute additions by Sakurai, and were going to be alts first), and the Mii Fighters are far last on the Character Select Screen because they don't exist till you create them. So it was always 1st party, 3rd party, clones, Mii Fighters, and Random button. The data and the Character Select Screen literally separate them. ...Why is it that surprising? That pretty much answers your question.
Very convoluted reasoning
First thing is based on your criticism of me bringing up how animal crossing had a icon in brawl as simply a stage icon...how then does it make sense to put ANY stage icons in the character section whatsoever? My answer would be because it doesn't matter.

Secondly... why is pacman after some stage icons(mysteriously placed in the character section)and not just simply after all the normal character. This arguement is weak and falls apart easily.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So I had this really cool concept for another character conversation easter egg for the ARMS stage.

ARMS-review-screenshot-2.jpg

Play as the ARMS character on their home stage and taunt to have Biff appear. He'll give a little background information on an opponent before explaining how they attack. Since he's a moderator, everything he says will be directed at the audience. He might even occasionally claim that a character is sponsored by a fake brand like the ones in MK8 (Luigi = E. Gadd's Ghost Hunting Service, Mewtwo = Team Rocket Labs, etc.)

D

Deleted member

Man, it pays off to have a lot of characters I want then. I'll make it mildly tragic though.

I will guarantee Bomberman, but I will sacrifice the soul of Geno.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Very convoluted reasoning
First thing is based on your criticism of me bringing up how animal crossing had a icon in brawl as simply a stage icon...how then does it make sense to put ANY stage icons in the character section whatsoever? My answer would be because it doesn't matter.

Secondly... why is pacman after some stage icons(mysteriously placed in the character section)and not just simply after all the normal character. This arguement is weak and falls apart easily.
...And aren't all the 3rd party icons after the stages too? Funny coincidence that.

You are aware that AC was meant to have a character in Brawl too and got scrapped, right? That's part of why we actually got a stage, since it was going to have a character in the first place.

So yeah, it does make sense. All first party icons entirely, then 3rd party icons entirely. Including stages.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I'd guarantee Amaterasu, and sacrifice Saber.
The Heroic Spirit passes the flame to the Divine Spirit...
45cf363685046b7bdee8a89f858cdab3.gif

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Sorry Phoenix, but Layton wins. In a more perfect world you could both get in to smash with a duel reveal.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Play as the ARMS character on their home stage and taunt to have Biff appear. He'll give a little background information on an opponent before explaining how they attack. Since he's a moderator, everything he says will be directed at the audience. He might even occasionally claim that a character is sponsored by a fake brand like the ones in MK8 (Luigi = E. Gadd's Ghost Hunting Service, Mewtwo = Team Rocket Labs, etc.)
*GASP* YEEEEESSS!!!

That would be so cool! And since it's text based, you wouldn't have to worry about him not being able to talk about certain characters!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I guarantee Bandana Dee, but I have to sacrifice Poochy.
(hope Zinith Zinith doesn't notice this...)

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Master Chief, but I'd sacrifice Doomguy. Honestly, a fight between the two would with something like Soul Stone from Endgame would be awesome if tragic with whoever dies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
...what is going on here?
Important stuff: There's apparently been a leak of Nintendo's E3 content which got cancelled. They've apparently got a crap-ton of Mario stuff in the pipeline along with Flipnote for Switch.

Less important stuff: Some argument about past leaks that we're better off letting burn out.

what I miss, fellas? ARMS is coming, apparently?
Yeah, the direct confirmed that an ARMs character would be revealed for Smash in June.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I sacrifice Alisa to guarantee Master Chief
It helps Alisa never had much of a chance anyway given all of the other Namco properties like Tales, Tekken and Soul Calibur far eclipse God Eater and that she'd probably lose out to Soma, Lindow or yet another Generic Avatar if God Eater were to somehow get lucky.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
You said that the leak was the only reason why people liked the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character. This isn't true. Yes there was some bandwagoning, and the leak was responsible for the character being at the forefront of discussion, but that happens with every leak, and it doesn't mean that the series doesn't have it's fans. Someone saying that the leak caused him to remember the fun he'd had with the Rhythm Heaven series does not mean that it's the only reason he wanted it to be represented in Super Smash Bros.
...And aren't all the 3rd party icons after the stages too? Funny coincidence that.

You are aware that AC was meant to have a character in Brawl too and got scrapped, right? That's part of why we actually got a stage, since it was going to have a character in the first place.

So yeah, it does make sense. All first party icons entirely, then 3rd party icons entirely. Including stages.
you still did not answer my questions
1. Why are any stage icons in the character section in the first place
2. Why is pacman placed behind stages that are not even supposed to be there in the first place and not simply behind the regular chars.
Also
Sakurai stated during the brawl days that he felt an animal crossing rep was impossible.
I don't disagree with anything you said. You are willfully missinterpreting what I said...Obviously EVERY SINGLE person didn't hop on the rythm heaven train because of the leak. But most did. As people openly admitted "And I never said there was a problem with that. "
I simply brought that up because I feel like rythm heaven never had a chance but people act like it an undisputible FACT that he did when that's not the truth.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you still did not answer my questions
1. Why are any stage icons in the character section in the first place
2. Why is pacman placed behind stages that are not even supposed to be there in the first place and not simply behind the regular chars.
There's two character sections. It's as simple as that. 1st party characters, 1st party stages, 3rd party characters, 3rd party stages. That's how they decided to program the data in. In fact, that's probably because 3rd party characters were worked on last instead of first this time around.

Though you didn't answer my question; I do not remember the exact data placement. Was Pac-Man grouped with the third parties or not? (feel free to link me to the actual datamine page. I want to read that data and it's nice and useful to know).

I don't disagree with anything you said. You are willfully missinterpreting what I said...Obviously EVERY SINGLE person didn't hop on the rythm heaven train because of the leak. But most did. As people openly admitted "And I never said there was a problem with that. "
I simply brought that up because I feel like rythm heaven never had a chance but people act like it an undisputible FACT that he did when that's not the truth.
My suggestion is to drop this point. It only is making you look very dismissive as a fanbase instead of what you really mean. It's not worth pursuing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'd guarantee Geno at the cost of Rex and Pyra.

syke, bye Geno

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
There's two character sections. It's as simple as that. 1st party characters, 1st party stages, 3rd party characters, 3rd party stages. That's how they decided to program the data in. In fact, that's probably because 3rd party characters were worked on last instead of first this time around.

Though you didn't answer my question; I do not remember the exact data placement. Was Pac-Man grouped with the third parties or not? (feel free to link me to the actual datamine page. I want to read that data and it's nice and useful to know).

My suggestion is to drop this point. It only is making you look very dismissive as a fanbase instead of what you really mean. It's not worth pursuing.
Why are you TELLING me what I mean lol? I can do that fairly well myself thanks.
And don't start making things up sakurai never stated that there were two character sections that's just what you THINK. It doesn't even hold up .
Also pacman was placed in the middle of "stages"
Please tell me why stages are placed in the character section? I keep asking this

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kinda the reason I don't understand Rex fans.

Xenoblade 2 is not a good Xenoblade game.

I mean, even if I'm a fan of a series, I ain't gonna request characters from bad entries in the series.

Like, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy, but I ain't out here requesting Firion...or Lightning.
Tell me what's wrong about Xenoblade 2, especially compared to the original game. I wanna play the remake of the original and start with that. But if XB2 is bad, I might just leave it with the original.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Holy **** the argument is still going on? It's been like 7 hours dude, was this on your guys' schedule? :4pacman: Should I be concerned?

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Normally I love some pettiness, messiness, and drama, but this argument has been going on for far too long. If people don't want to budge on their view points, its FINE.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tell me what's wrong about Xenoblade 2, especially compared to the original game. I wanna play the remake of the original and start with that. But if XB2 is bad, I might just leave it with the original.
It's a highly subjective thing.

From what I can tell of the three hours I put in (the JRPG equivalent of leaving at the first ad break and forgetting to come back) it's a lot more... for want of a better word "anime" than the first two games in both aesthetics and story beats. The combat system is also flipped so it's about building meters and not managing cooldowns.

I can't say which is better but I know the points that differ are the kind that some will love and others will hate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why are you TELLING me what I mean lol? I can do that fairly well myself thanks.
And don't start making things up sakurai never stated that there were two character sections that's just what you THINK. It doesn't even hold up .
Also pacman was placed in the middle of "stages"
Please tell me why stages are placed in the character section? I keep asking this
Okay, now that I have the(admittedly partial details), I can see somewhat what you mean.

http://sourcegaming.info/2015/01/26/smash-4-wii-u-data-discoveries/ The link you gave me and all. The issue is it is all over the place. This talks about textures being in some spots, but isn't a datamine list that's a bit more clear. So I can't make heads or tails of it.

I can't answer anything till I have a proper full datamine list so I can understand fully what you mean, sorry.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Normally I love some pettiness, messiness, and drama, but this argument has been going on for far too long. If people don't want to budge on their view points, its FINE.
There's not budging on viewpoints and there's not acknowledging reality. That's a big distinction to make. There's too much tolerance nowadays towards people ignoring facts.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Okay, now that I have the(admittedly partial details), I can see somewhat what you mean.

http://sourcegaming.info/2015/01/26/smash-4-wii-u-data-discoveries/ The link you gave me and all. The issue is it is all over the place. This talks about textures being in some spots, but isn't a datamine list that's a bit more clear. So I can't make heads or tails of it.

I can't answer anything till I have a proper full datamine list so I can understand fully what you mean, sorry.
no problem... I really wasn't trolling and this could have been avoided if people just adressed what I said instead of getting mad and false reporting me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man that's like saying you're not gonna watch Dragon Ball because Death Note was bad, they're two different sides of the same coin.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The story and character designs are very divisive and certain gameplay elements such as the gacha system for core crystals (your means of recruiting your weapons) and field skills can often break the flow of the game, but I personally found the battle mechanics to be a lot of fun and I absolutely love the world design and stellar soundtrack. I think the cast of characters are a likeable bunch, too, albeit a bit undeveloped and somewhat cliche.

It's a good game and one of my personal favorites (still my actual favorite game on Switch since 2017), but it's definitely not for everyone.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The story and character designs are very divisive and certain gameplay elements such as the gacha system for core crystals (your means of recruiting your weapons) and field skills can often break the flow of the game, but I personally found the battle mechanics to be a lot of fun and I absolutely love the world design and stellar soundtrack. I think the cast of characters are a likeable bunch, too, albeit a bit undeveloped and somewhat cliche.

It's a good game and one of my personal favorites (still my actual favorite game on Switch since 2017), but it's definitely not for everyone.
I agree with everything said here. Though I think it's worth adding that the gacha system isn't monetized in any way; It's annoying, but it's not a cash grab.

EDIT: Also the DLC seems to be well liked, and plays pretty differently from the base game from what I've seen.
EDIT EDIT: I believe it's also sold separately so you can skip to it if you so desired.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are 10 chapters in this roughly 65 hour adventure and the first 2 are abysmally slow.

The story itself is pretty nonsensical even if you ignore character designs. Otherwise, I found the game fun and I don't consider it a waste of time.

Warning: I didn't play the first Xenoblade so I had nothing to compare it to.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
I really liked Jin and Malos in the game I'm not really sure why I just liked their design and I thought they were cool. That being said I'm secretly rooting for Lora Jin (and maybe Haze but I'm not sure dlc would include a three person character) or Malos as the next xenoblade fighter even though I don't think they are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom