• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So now we've moved to the "Publisher Theory" episode of Smash? Meh not a really exciting episode TBH.

D

Deleted member

G'mornin'.

Just watched the Indie Direct today to, of course, no Smash news or any Direct announcements. Though I have to admit that some of these indie games look very interesting...

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
How did someone come to the conclusion that because of no travel restrictions in Japan? How does that equate to a Western publisher? Or Crash? Still not sold on his inclusion, but that’s just my opinion.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't even think the column mentioned travel being an issue.

Unless I misread, all it said was that whenever someone gets the coronavirus in the workplace, the entire building gets shut down and production comes to a halt.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I don't even think the column mentioned travel being an issue.

Unless I misread, all it said was that whenever someone gets the coronavirus in the workplace, the entire building gets shut down and production comes to a halt.
See, that’s what I thought too. Lord, this is how rumors and false hope start.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

31st overall, if there is any merit at all to the exit polls.

In Japan, tied with Waluigi for... 31st.

Crash was 70th.
I've spoken extensively about how fan polls aren't indicative of the entire fanbase for Smash Bros (See The Case for Minecraft Steve and the Smash Bubble Effect), so I wouldn't trust them in the slightest.

As for Ballot results, while they're certainly not as useful as they were in the past, they'd still likely be used as an indicator of popular requests, newer characters notwithstanding.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
So looks like COVID-19 is interfering with development of characters based on what we've seen from the leaked column. This has been stated before, but the safety of those involved is important. I'm hoping the virus subsides within the near future.

In the meantime, let's have some fun. With the Indie World presentation showcase having aired just today, make a fighters pass that is entirely consisted of characters from indie games. Characters who originate from freeware games and Flash games are included in this category. Here's what I got:
  1. Quote (Cave Story)
  2. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  3. The Batter (OFF)
  4. Dust (Dusty: An Elysian Trail)
  5. Octodad (Octodad: The Dadliest Catch)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)
Reimu (Touhou)
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)
Isaac (Binding of Isaac)
Bullet Kin (Enter the Gungeon)
Hornet (Hollow Knight)
Steve (Minecraft)
if Steve doesn't count then Cadence would replace him

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Given that development on FP vol 2 started in November (supposedly), and it's been roughly 4/5 months since then, and if we expect the next character to drop in April/May, I'd say FP6 is very much close to completion right now (I think development on a single character takes roughly 6 months, am I wrong?).
They most likely already have footage, enough for a full trailer or a teaser at least...
The character Sakurai mentions in the famistu column is probably FP7/FP8, a character they barely started development on yet, but we have to wait for the full translation to know for sure...
Either way, I hope Sakurai and his team put their health on the front seat for the time being (should do it all the time in fact lol).

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Just woke up and saw this piece of news.

I cannot say I'm surprised that corona would be affecting game development. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. Corona is affecting so many aspects of our lives now.

I live in Sydney, Australia, and things are getting worse here by the day. Stark contrast compared to just a few weeks ago. Things changed fast.

Bars and restaurants are going to close down, supermarkets are being raided and there's nothing left if you go in the afternoon, university classes are all online now, and I wouldn't be surprised if everything will close down except for essential stores.

I'm expecting a Joker type trailer at most. No actual gameplay. I think that's fair given what's happening at the moment. Anyone expecting actual gameplay would be very... unaware to say the least.

I'm going to wait for more info on the Famitsu translations. I want to see the actual context and exact words he's saying. It could be the difference between him just making a statement in general about the virus, or whether it is currently affecting anything in development right now.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Quick question: what time do they announce the Spirit Event/Online Tournaments? I'm pretty sure they're announced on Tuesday.

BTW, sorry for being off topic earlier.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Quick question: what time do they announce the Spirit Event/Online Tournaments? I'm pretty sure they're announced on Tuesday.

BTW, sorry for being off topic earlier.
Right now. Its a Tourney this week.

SKX31

Smash Master

Whether this is related to Sakurai or not, some good news is needed right now.

A reflecting themed tourney? Well I guess it can't be as obscure of a theme as the last tourney we had being Vs & Os.
One of these days we'll get one based around binary.

Also, I initially misread and saw "Xs and Os". Wonder how they'd theme a tic-tac-toe tournament.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
So this news about delays, who do you think will be affected? The whole FP2 can be delayed, but in might be Fighter 7 and beyond. Byleth was mostly finished during November, and maybe they have fighter 6 finished and now tweaking minor stuff.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So a tourney themed around characters with reflectors.

So the available characters should be:

Mario
Fox
Ness
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucas
King Dedede
R.O.B
Wolf
Mii Swordifhgter
Mii Gunner
Palutena
King K. Rool
Joker
Hero

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
So a tourney themed around characters with reflectors.

So the available characters should be:

Mario
Fox
Ness
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucas
King Dedede
R.O.B
Wolf
Mii Swordifhgter
Mii Gunner
Palutena
King K. Rool
Joker
Hero?

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Right now. Its a Tourney this week.

Interesting choice for a tournament. Well, looks like we'll see if we get a deconfirmation by a spirit event next week.
One of these days we'll get one based around binary.
*Sakurai counting in binary intensifies*

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Things are really bad right now. Please somebody give me some good news. I don’t care what it’s about, just some good news.

D

Deleted member

Things are really bad right now. Please somebody give me some good news. I don’t care what it’s about, just some good news.
Well, good stuff happened to me today.

But I would get a warning from the mods sharing what It was here for off-topic, so I'll tell you on your profile.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Humble Bundle's having a Capcom sale right now. Contemplating getting it even though I already have half the games on it just for Resident Evil.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I second this. My workplace is under lockdown, so I have almost nothing to do all day, I can't go out anywhere, so I'm always either at work or home, and everything I've been looking forward to this year has been delayed or cancelled.
I could really use some objectively good news.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I second this. My workplace is under lockdown, so I have almost nothing to do all day, I can't go out anywhere, so I'm always either at work or home, and everything I've been looking forward to this year has been delayed or cancelled.
The Indie Showcase today leads credance to a Direct next week. That's good, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The world's in a panic until what, August? Who knows what'll happen.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Exit the Gungeon is pretty sick and at a good price, and Enter the Gungeon is on sale so if you've never played it you can get both games for less than 20 bucks.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I third this. Entire island is on lockdown, I can't leave the house unless it's for groceries/gas stations and things I needed to get for my learner's permit/driver's license I won't be able to do until it's over, and it's possible the the 14 day quarantine might extend to 60 damn days...

Doesn't help that yesterday I had a very personal and depressing time with someone close.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
The Indie Showcase today leads credance to a Direct next week. That's good, right?
Exit the Gungeon is pretty sick and at a good price, and Enter the Gungeon is on sale so if you've never played it you can get both games for less than 20 bucks.
These are both good examples of good news. Thank you. Never played Enter the Gungeon, but since it’s on sale it might be a good chance to try it out. Also a general direct is always good news. Thanks guys.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
Given that development on FP vol 2 started in November (supposedly), and it's been roughly 4/5 months since then, and if we expect the next character to drop in April/May, I'd say FP6 is very much close to completion right now (I think development on a single character takes roughly 6 months, am I wrong?).
They most likely already have footage, enough for a full trailer or a teaser at least...
The character Sakurai mentions in the famistu column is probably FP7/FP8, a character they barely started development on yet, but we have to wait for the full translation to know for sure...
Either way, I hope Sakurai and his team put their health on the front seat for the time being (should do it all the time in fact lol).
If we get the announcement this month, I think an April release for CP6 is the most likely. Since E3 ain’t happening I’m guessing Nintendo will announce CP7 around June then?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I doubt it, we hardly get a day-of release for a character. Not even Byleth got that treatment.
He/She means the character being revealed in the direct and the release & Showcase being in April.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In the meantime, let's have some fun. With the Indie World presentation showcase having aired just today, make a fighters pass that is entirely consisted of characters from indie games. Characters who originate from freeware games and Flash games are included in this category. Here's what I got:
  1. Quote (Cave Story)
  3. The Batter (OFF)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)
In no particular order:
1. Shantae (Shantae)
2. Quote (Cave Story)
3. Miriam (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)
4. Yooka & Laylee (Yooka-Laylee)
5. Shoven Knight (Shovel Knight)
6. Iji (Iji)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So looks like COVID-19 is interfering with development of characters based on what we've seen from the leaked column. This has been stated before, but the safety of those involved is important. I'm hoping the virus subsides within the near future.

1. Quote (Cave Story)
  3. The Batter (OFF)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)
Indie
1. Zetterburn (Rivals of Aether)
2. Octodad (Octodad: Dadliest Catch)
3. Octane (Rocket League)
Flash Games
4. Papa Louie (Papa Louie)
5. Fireboy/Watergirl (Fireboy and Watergirl)
6. Henry Stickmin (Henry Stickmin series)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1. Quote (Cave Story)
  3. The Batter (OFF)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)
I'm not taking likeliness into account, just how dope I'd find the characters.

Shantae
Shovel Knight
Cuphead
Gunvolt
Miriam
Candyman

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I third this. Entire island is on lockdown, I can't leave the house unless it's for groceries/gas stations and things I needed to get for my learner's permit/driver's license I won't be able to do until it's over, and it's possible the the 14 day quarantine might extend to 60 damn days...

Doesn't help that yesterday I had a very personal and depressing time with someone close.
How are the supermarkets right now? I haven't left my house in days so I wouldn't know.

You know, I think I might have an idea of who Sakurai chose to date in Persona 5.

Either that or Haru confirmed for FP6.

I wish we could get a close look at the models in the background of these stages. This looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom