• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think I might have an idea of who Sakurai chose to date in Persona 5.

Either that or Haru confirmed for FP6.

my man Sakurai’s got good tastes
I ended up dating Ann and Makoto in my play through. I would’ve dated Haru too if I was more prepared. I dated Makoto for her personality, Ann just got a nice ass

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
How are the supermarkets right now? I haven't left my house in days so I wouldn't know.
For me it's just the usual: No paper towels, no toilet paper, no disinfectant supplies like Lysol spray and hand sanitizer, they were low on trash bags, and had no cases of water bottles.

The whole toilet paper thing is silly really; Covid-19 doesn't give you diarrhea.

In the meantime, let's have some fun. With the Indie World presentation showcase having aired just today, make a fighters pass that is entirely consisted of characters from indie games. Characters who originate from freeware games and Flash games are included in this category.
Sounds like fun. To make things interesting I'll place the restriction that the character must not be one of the super talked about ones like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and the like.
  1. Jin (Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom)
    • A character that is kind of like Shulk meets Pokémon Trainer in that he swaps between his different forms to suit his needs. Each form would be highly polarized towards a specific type of matchup or situation so they'd all be useful, just not in every match.
  2. Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
    • A keepaway character with a really limited skillset to start out with. His second objective would be to use his Down Special in order to enhance his special moves, or gain new ones. The items you get are random with a higher chance to get better ones as time goes by.
  3. Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)
    • Another Shulk-esque character that can equip different hats to swap out her special moves.
  4. Gunvolt (Azure Striker: Gunvolt)
    • A mid-range fighter that specializes in marking players with projectiles, and then dealing damage over time to them provided he is in range and has the resources to do so (the ability has to recharge).
  5. Ittle (Ittle Dew)
    • A character that uses a handful of wacky items in tandem with each other in order to outsmart her opponent. Tippsy follows her around, and one of her taunts has the two of them talk amongst themselves about the other fighters. (Watch me get "just play Slap City" comments.)
  6. Freddy (Five Nights at Freddy's)
    • A character that punishes mistakes made in neutral by limiting the usage of their abilities via counters and even shields through other means, all the while getting closer, and dealing a ton of damage once it gets in. Characterization wise, this character will be similar to B. B. Hood; Bright and cheery on the surface, but sinister if you look a little deeper. Its stage will drop the charade entirely and focus on being spooky.
It's certainly an interesting list to be sure. Some of them would be well received, some would not. Isaac would probably be the most hated of the group (and probably just in general) in practice because of his RNG mechanic that can allow for comebacks. An honorable mention goes to Lucky from the Lucky's Tale series because I originally had him on my list, but replaced him with Isaac since his abilities would probably translate better to Super Smash Bros. than burrowing into the ground.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I'm in the endgame for Celeste, and Madeleine just has straight-up wavedashing now. It's not just a quirk of the physics that they decided to build an obstacle course around, it's literally called "wavedashing".

Not that it would ever happen, but how much uproar would Madeleine cause if she was put in Smash and her "gimmick" was the ability to wavedash?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
How are the supermarkets right now? I haven't left my house in days so I wouldn't know.
I've only went to a gas station close to my house to get some snacks and groceries. The family has gone to the supermarket, though, and it's noticeably more busy then usual with some isles having low stock due to people wanting them. Costco I hear is a nightmare.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
How would you guys implement button-based special move inputs, if another FG rep were to get into smash? (For example, Shun Goku Satsu: LP LP -> LK HP). It would be pretty much impossible, IMO, as there's only one non-special attack button (even if you count grab, which is just a macro of shield and attack). Your thoughts?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I wish classic mode ideas were talked about more often. I feel like I'd be much more receptive and caring about some ideas if someone just told me the fun little classic mode their most wanted would come along with. Also, it's the most I'll ever play of some characters, so I might be more fond of classic mode than others are.
Slight Necroposting, but here's one for Crash based off the first game:

Stage 1: vs. King Dedede on Kongo Jungle (based on Papu Papu)
Stage 2: vs. Sonic on Kongo Falls (Based on Ripper Roo)
Stage 3: vs. Incineroar on Omega Norfair (Based on Koala Kong)
Stage 4: vs. Fox on Omega Fourside (Based on Pinstripe Potoroo)
Stage 5: vs. Green DK on Dracula's Castle (Based on N. Brio)
Stage 6: vs. Dr. Mario on Castle Siege (Based on Neo Cortex)
Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anyone think we could be getting an Mewtwo/Joker style reveal next week or do you think it'll be a while due to the delayment?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If any character is affected it’s very likely not Fighter #6.

Fighter 6 likely started development around November, meaning they’ve been worked on for 5 months. There’s no way they would be THAT behind on 1 character.

If, for example, it was #7 that was hit by complications, then for all we know they could change the order of characters for one that is more easily worked with. This could mean a 1st party, or a game that Nintendo publishes themselves.

We don’t have all the information, but I wouldn’t think this would affect Fighter 6.

D

Deleted member

So anyone think we could be getting an Mewtwo/Joker style reveal next week or do you think it'll be a while due to the delayment?
The former is the best outcome so far after all of this, anything goes at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'll post this again since it got crowded within a sea of comments before and now that the discussion has died down significantly, it seems like a better time to post my moveset of Sgt. Cortez! Time to Split!

Okay I'm bored. I've decided to make a moveset for my TimeSplitting Space Marine,

Sgt. Cortez! It's Time to Split!

My idea for Cortez is to make him a full on gun character who uses his dual Sci-Fi Handguns for ground moves, Plasma Autorifle for aerial moves and a Dispersion gun for Smash attacks. He'll be a semi-heavyweight with an average running speed but with a low jump height (owing to the fact that in the TimeSplitters games, characters cannot jump). Cortez can crawl but he cannot Wall jump.

While the TimeSplitters series has many different weapons from different time periods, I've opted to only use Futuristic weapons as even with Joker's model handgun, there will probably be some kind of excuse not to include the more conventional weapons of the series.

So with that out of the way, Check it out! I added some of my own gifs so you can better understand my vision for the character.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground moves

Cortez's standard ground moves will involve him using a pair of Sci-Fi Handguns that both hold 16 shots totalling up to 32 shots per clip. When he has used up all of his ammo, he must take a few seconds to reload before being able to use them again. The rate of fire varies depending if you hold or tap the button. Holding the button down will give it a slow rate of fire but when tapped, it's rate of fire greatly increases. Below you can see how this weapon functions between holding the button and tapping the button.
View attachment 266019
View attachment 266020
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neutral Combo: Cortez stands still and shoots with his Sci-Fi Handguns.

Dash Attack: Cortez dives while shooting his dual Sci-Fi Handguns before having to make a tactical roll to end the move. Much like Snake's dash attack but the roll is delayed for him to shoot first.

Side Tilt: Cortez walks forward and shoots lasers out from his dual Sci-fi Handguns. Much like Megaman, this can be lead into from his neutral combo.

Down Tilt: Cortez shoots with his dual Sci-Fi Handguns while crouched. Unique to him is Cortez's ability to shoot while crawling.

Up Tilt: Cortez shoots with his Sci-Fi Handguns while looking upwards. Unique to Cortez is his ability to keep shooting upwards when holding the control sticks diagonally upward, essentially making it a fusion between Side-tilt and Up-tilt.
Aerial moves

Cortez uses the Plasma Autorifle to attack opponents where the fire rate starts slow but quickly picks up. However using it for too long will make the weapon overheat. Unique to his aerial moves is the ability to keep shooting while holding the command down. Tapping the button will only make Cortez shoot one bullet but holding it down will allow the Plasma Autorifle to increase it's fire rate and power.
View attachment 266026
Neutral Aerial: Cortez shoots his Plasma Autorifle forward while airborne.

Forward Aerial: Cortez dives forward with a Plasma Autorifle and after he's done shooting, he does a front flip.

Back Aerial: Cortez pulls out his Plasma Autorifle and turns to shoot behind him.

Up Aerial: Cortez uses a Plasma Autorifle and shoots the weapon upwards, much like Mii Gunner.

Down Aerial: Cortez spread his legs apart and shoots below with a Plasma Autorifle.
Smash Attacks

For all three of his Smash attacks, Cortez wields the Dispersion Gun. A weapon that gathers in energy to create a sonic-boom type attack used to disperse large groups of enemies away from the user. The Dispersion gun acts much like a Shotgun so it has high damage and knockback. It also has a strong wind hit box, however for the weapon to be at it's most effective, it must be charged up before use.
View attachment 266021
View attachment 266022
Forward Smash: Cortez equips his Dispersion and stands his ground to charge up the weapon.

Up Smash: Cortez brings out his Dispersion gun, aims it up into the air and charges it up.

Down Smash: Cortez crouches down, facing the screen and brings out two Dispersion guns to the left and right of him and shoots them off.
Special moves
Neutral Special: Uplink grab - Cortez holds his arm out in front of him and activates his Temporal Uplink grab function. This allows Cortez to grab items and projectiles. Once a projectile is grabbed, it will float in front of Cortez where he can use it to throw a powerful projectile towards opponents.
View attachment 266034

Side Special: Rocket Launcher - Cortez brings out a Rocket Launcher and shoots out a rocket. However if this command is held down, Cortez will switch it to it's secondary function which fires off all of it's rockets at once.
View attachment 266023
View attachment 266024

Up Special: Time Warp - Works much like Mewtwo's teleport. With a press of a button, Cortez can teleport in any direction. Not much to say about this one as it's a non-gameplay element.

Down Special: Flamethrower - Cortez brings out a Flamethrower and ignites any player in front of him on fire, causing damage akin to Poisoning or the effects of Joker's Eiha/Eigaon. It functions similarly to Bowser Fire Breath and Charizard's Flamethrower respectively. Unlike those moves, the fire does not weaken but using it for too long will use up all of it's fuel. It takes a few seconds for it to recharge but a flicker of flame will appear above Cortez to let the player know that the Flamethrower is ready to be used again.
View attachment 266025

Final Smash: Time travel - Cortez summons a Time Portal that has a gravitational effect that pulls in fighters. Any trapped fighters within the short time limit will then be transported to the Year 2401, where we see the fighters within the hangar of the self-destructing Space Station get attacked by the TimeSplitters. Past Cortez fires missiles directly at the fighters and TimeSplitters, blowing the Space Station up. If any Fighter is above 100% damage, they will be instantly KO'd. Otherwise the fighters will fly out of the Time Portal.
View attachment 266028
View attachment 266027
The rest
Grab and pummel animations: Cortez attempts to grab opponents with his Temporal Uplink grab, giving him an above average grab range. When grabbed, Cortez will grab a hold of his opponent and Melee attack them with his Sci-fi Handgun.

Forward throw: Cortez kicks the opponent diagonally upwards and shoots them. Much like Fox and Falco's throws.

Back throw: Cortez will swing the opponent by the leg to throw them behind him and then shoots them. Much like Fox and Falco's throws.

Up throw: Cortez throws the opponent upwards and shoots them. Much like Fox and Falco's throws.

Down throw: Cortez stomps the foe to the ground and shoots them. Much like Fox and Falco's throws.

Entrance animation: A time portal appears and Cortez jumps out from it to get into battle and yells "It's Time to Split!"

Idle animation 1: Cortez flips his dual Sci-Fi Handguns around his index fingers in the trigger area.

Idle animation 2: Cortez checks his Temporal Uplink as it brings up a holographic image. It then turns off as Cortez looks away from it.

Up Taunt: Cortez gets himself pumped up and yells "Yeah! Bring it on!"

Side taunt: Cortez holds out a brick and throws it behind him. Any opponent in it's path will take a tiny amount of damage.

Down Taunt: Cortez pulls out the TimeSplitters 2 Temporal Uplink where it plays a quick jingle of the Anaconda theme.

Victory animation 1: Cortez fist pumps and pulls a pose while yelling "Yeah! It's Time to Split!"
View attachment 266048
This one to be exact... Time to Split!

Victory animation 2: Cortez puts away his Sci-Fi Handguns and cracks his knuckles while saying "Heh! I know what I'm doing!"

No gif for this one, the victory animation is original.

Victory animation 3: Cortez is seen next to a time portal and gives a smile and a salute towards the camera while saying "I gotta go!" and jumps through the portal.
View attachment 266051

Kirby Hat: Kirby obtains a pair of eye goggles similar to the ones Cortez wears in TimeSplitters 2. He uses a mini strap-on Temporal Uplink on his right arm.
END

Thank you for taking the time to read this movelist. I hope it was entertaining as I feel proud to have made this.

If you've read it all, Tell me what you all think.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OK, I think it's safe to say that this Nintendo Direct drought is FINALLY taking a toll on me.

Last night, I dreamt that the newest Direct happened today, and the Smash thing revealed wasn't a new character... but an Adventure Mode expansion in the style of Subspace, complete with voice acting, dimension-hopping throughout the gaming multiverse, and many new bosses.

After their initial defeat, Galeem and Dharkon merge into one being that destroys the multiverse (again), and kill everyone with no revival of the Smashers themselves. As a result, Kirby (who WASN'T affected at all. God-slayer logic, I guess) is forced to travel across the multiverse to revive everyone yet again.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
I'll post this again since it got crowded within a sea of comments before and now that the discussion has died down significantly, it seems like a better time to post my moveset of Sgt. Cortez! Time to Split!
Kewl moveset, but I'd change some stuff so that Cortez isn't just shooting mega man lemons for 90% of his moveset -- he needs to have a way to actually get the opponent into disadvantage aside from his grab, as well as have actually threatening options aside from his smash attacks.

What I'd do is make his tilts and aerials into physical attacks (idk what kinda close-quarters combat can be done in Timesplitters, but there's gotta be something), and then make either his neutral special or down special a 'stance change' a la Banjo's neutral B, where you can then constantly shoot, change the direction you shoot in, etc.-- with the caveat of limited ammo in that state.

Otherwise, his entire set of normals pretty much to the same thing, making for a lot of redundancies (ex. why does d-tilt need to be shooting, when Jab and Ftilt already allow you to shoot while either standing or moving?).

Otherwise it's pretty good, I always love it when people put forth the effort and design a moveset as opposed to just saying 'X character would be cool'.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Let’s play a game. What are some gimmick ideas for potential characters for DLC? They don’t have to be realistic characters. I’ll start.
-Chell: Obviously the portal gun. But another idea is a side B which is Chell throwing a bucket of a random color of paint. In the Portal games (I think just Portal 2 but I may be wrong), certain paint colors have certain effects, like being bouncy or making you fast when you run on it. They would have the same effects in the game.
-Max Caulfield: A meter which charges up as Max takes damage. When it’s full, the player can hold B to essentially rewind Max’s position. It only lasts for 5 seconds and you can’t do it if you’re launched, only if you fall off on your own or if you’re still on stage.
-Phoenix Wright: sort of similar to his gimmick in MvC, but whatever. The more he is attacked, the more his evidence meter goes up. If he is hit while using his down B, then the opponent’s weapon will fall to the ground (for either of them to pick up. If the opponent picks it up, nothing changes. If Phoenix picks it up, then he can use it as evidence, boosting his evidence meter tremendously. This meter is similar to waft, but with Phoenix’s neutral B. (It’s Objection, if that wasn’t obvious.) if the opponent doesn’t have an item and hits Phoenix in his down B, they’ll just charge his meter directly.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Kewl moveset, but I'd change some stuff so that Cortez isn't just shooting mega man lemons for 90% of his moveset -- he needs to have a way to actually get the opponent into disadvantage aside from his grab, as well as have actually threatening options aside from his smash attacks.

What I'd do is make his tilts and aerials into physical attacks (idk what kinda close-quarters combat can be done in Timesplitters, but there's gotta be something), and then make either his neutral special or down special a 'stance change' a la Banjo's neutral B, where you can then constantly shoot, change the direction you shoot in, etc.-- with the caveat of limited ammo in that state.

Otherwise, his entire set of normals pretty much to the same thing, making for a lot of redundancies (ex. why does d-tilt need to be shooting, when Jab and Ftilt already allow you to shoot while either standing or moving?).

Otherwise it's pretty good, I always love it when people put forth the effort and design a moveset as opposed to just saying 'X character would be cool'.
Hmmm... I'll have to agree that his moveset is incredibly samey. Not a lot of variety to his attacks. I was focusing too much on trying to make a 100% gun exclusive moveset since the TimeSplitters series is an FPS and there is little to no physical combat. I was also trying to divide his weapons into attack categories like Sci-Fi handguns for tilts, Plasma Autorifle for Aerials and Dispersion Gun for Smash attacks just to keep the character consistent, kind of like Byleth where their tilts, aerials and smash attacks use different weapons depending on the direction you use them in.

The only problem is that his normal attacks have to be almost entirely smash original (There are a few cutscenes of him fighting hand to hand but not many) but I don't think it'll be a huge issue. Well, back to drawing board. Thank you for the feedback.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Hmmm... I'll have to agree that his moveset is incredibly samey. Not a lot of variety to his attacks. I was focusing too much on trying to make a 100% gun exclusive moveset since the TimeSplitters series is an FPS and there is little to no physical combat. I was also trying to divide his weapons into attack categories like Sci-Fi handguns for tilts, Plasma Autorifle for Aerials and Dispersion Gun for Smash attacks just to keep the character consistent, kind of like Byleth where their tilts, aerials and smash attacks use different weapons depending on the direction you use them in.

The only problem is that his normal attacks have to be almost entirely smash original (There are a few cutscenes of him fighting hand to hand but not many) but I don't think it'll be a huge issue. Well, back to drawing board. Thank you for the feedback.
Maybe he could have a gimmick similar to Orcane from rivals of aether. Idk how time warping works in Timesplitters (never played it), but it seems like a cool idea if he could place down one or more 'markers' that he could warp to at any given time. From there, his playstyle could be built around warping around to mainstain stage control and avoid disadvantage, while he racks up damage with his guns. Then again, that could also be totally untrue to timesplitters so idk.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
How would you guys implement button-based special move inputs, if another FG rep were to get into smash? (For example, Shun Goku Satsu: LP LP -> LK HP). It would be pretty much impossible, IMO, as there's only one non-special attack button (even if you count grab, which is just a macro of shield and attack). Your thoughts?
Ooh! Sounds interesting. I'll do one for a few Street Fighter Characters:
  • Neutral Special (Gou Hadouken/Zankuu Hadouken): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:
  • Alternate Neutral Special (Shakunetsu Hadouken): :GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:
  • Side Special (Tatsumaki Zankuu Kyaku): :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCB:
  • Up Special (Shoryuken): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB:
  • Down Special (Ashura Senkuu): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB::GCB: or :GCL::GCD::GCDL::GCB::GCB:
  • Final Smash: Shun Goku Satsu
  • Rapid Jab (Hyakuretsu Kyaku): Mash :GCA:
  • Neutral Special (Kikouken): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Spinning Bird Kick. It's a fireball so it still makes sense.)
  • Side Special (Spinning Bird Kick): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Tensho Kyaku): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Down Special (Focus Attack cancel): :GCR::GCR: or :GCL::GCL:
  • Final Smash (Close): Kikosho
  • Final Smash (Far): Senretsu Kyaku
  • Neutral Special (Double Knee Press): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Psycho Crusher.)
  • Side Special (Psycho Crusher): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Devil Reverse): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Down Special (Skull Diver): (After using Down Special) :GCA:
  • Final Smash (Close): Knee Press Nightmare
  • Final Smash (Far): Psycho Crusher
  • Neutral Special (Sonic Boom): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (Dang charge characters! I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Sonic Cross. It'll probably work better for a spamable projectile anyway.)
  • Side Special (Sonic Cross): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Flash Kick): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Final Smash (Close): Sonic Hurricane
  • Final Smash (Far): Double Flash
  • Neutral Special (Lariat): Mash :GCA:
  • Side Special (Banishing Flat): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCB:
  • Up Special (Borscht Dynamite): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCB: (In Air)
  • Down Special (Spinning Piledriver): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCB: (On Ground)
  • Final Smash (Close): Atomic Buster
  • Final Smash (Far): Cyclone Lariat
  • Neutral Special (Fuhajin): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (Optional: Press the Special Attack button again to release a projectile.)
  • Side Special (Senpusha): :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCB:
  • Up Special (Tensenrin): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB:
  • Down Special (Kasatushi): (Optional: Press the stick left, up, right, or down (if in air) to dodge in that direction if the counter is triggered.)
  • Final Smash (Close): Kaisen Dankairaku
  • Final Smash (Far): Sakkai Fuhazan
The Street Fighter characters are pretty easy since you can just tie the supers to their Final Smash, which is just a single button. The hardest ones were the charge characters because all of their moves are executed the same way. I pretty much just gave their Neutral Specials a fireball motion.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crossovers_in_video_games
Reading this was fun. Especially when I got to the cancelled section, and scrolled to Super Smash Bros. Banjo and Snake were both considered for Melee, Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda for Brawl were considered, Rhythm Heaven rep and Heihachi were considered for Sm4sh, and Decidueye and Waluigi were both considered for Ultimate.
But what certainly is most interesting, is the fact that James Bond was considered for Melee. There’s an alternate universe where that happened.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Waluigi were both considered for Ultimate
I'm only gonna assume Sakurai never considered making Waluigi playable until after the backdraft from E3 2018, when character planning up to FP1 was finished.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Reading this was fun. Especially when I got to the cancelled section, and scrolled to Super Smash Bros. Banjo and Snake were both considered for Melee, Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda for Brawl were considered, Rhythm Heaven rep and Heihachi were considered for Sm4sh, and Decidueye and Waluigi were both considered for Ultimate.
But what certainly is most interesting, is the fact that James Bond was considered for Melee. There’s an alternate universe where that happened.
Decidueye and Waluigi were both considered for Ultimate.
aight, I'm gonna need some serious source backing on this, this is Wikipedia we're talking about, after all

I can't recall a single time where Sakurai said he considered Waluigi

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
"Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation (characters from Rival Schools, Louis Cha's novels, Cyborg 009, and president Barack Obama)"

Oh god it's real

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Ooh! Sounds interesting. I'll do one for a few Street Fighter Characters:
  • Neutral Special (Gou Hadouken/Zankuu Hadouken): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:
  • Alternate Neutral Special (Shakunetsu Hadouken): :GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:
  • Side Special (Tatsumaki Zankuu Kyaku): :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCB:
  • Up Special (Shoryuken): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB:
  • Down Special (Ashura Senkuu): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB::GCB: or :GCL::GCD::GCDL::GCB::GCB:
  • Final Smash: Shun Goku Satsu
  • Rapid Jab (Hyakuretsu Kyaku): Mash :GCA:
  • Neutral Special (Kikouken): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Spinning Bird Kick. It's a fireball so it still makes sense.)
  • Side Special (Spinning Bird Kick): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Tensho Kyaku): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Final Smash (Close): Kikosho
  • Final Smash (Far): Senretsu Kyaku
  • Neutral Special (Double Knee Press): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Psycho Crusher.)
  • Side Special (Psycho Crusher): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Devil Reverse): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Down Special (Skull Diver): (After using Down Special) :GCA:
  • Final Smash (Close): Knee Press Nightmare
  • Final Smash (Far): Psycho Crusher
  • Neutral Special (Sonic Boom): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (Dang charge characters! I changed the motion so it doesn't conflict with Sonic Cross. It'll probably work better for a spamable projectile anyway.)
  • Side Special (Sonic Cross): :GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • Up Special (Flash Kick): :GCD::GCU::GCB:
  • Final Smash (Close): Sonic Hurricane
  • Final Smash (Far): Double Flash
  • Neutral Special (Lariat): Mash :GCA:
  • Side Special (Banishing Flat): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCB:
  • Up Special (Borscht Dynamite): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCB: (In Air)
  • Down Special (Spinning Piledriver): :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCB: (On Ground)
  • Final Smash (Close): Atomic Buster
  • Final Smash (Far): Cyclone Lariat
  • Neutral Special (Fuhajin): :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: (Optional: Press the Special Attack button again to release a projectile.)
  • Side Special (Senpusha): :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCB:
  • Up Special (Tensenrin): :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCB:
  • Down Special (Kasatushi): (Optional: Press the stick left, up, right, or down (if in air) to dodge in that direction if the counter is triggered.)
  • Final Smash (Close): Kaisen Dankairaku
  • Final Smash (Far): Sakkai Fuhazan
The Street Fighter characters are pretty easy since you can just tie the supers to their Final Smash, which is just a single button. The hardest ones were the charge characters because all of their moves are executed the same way. I pretty much just gave their Neutral Specials a fireball motion.
NGL I feel like the Shotos are missing out, since Terry gets his supers, and they don't. I'd like it if maybe ShinSho and Shippu Jinrai were usable by their respective Shotos in normal matches, tied to a super meter.

Shun Goku Satsu in normal matches is also kinda the entire reason I want Akuma in smash lol. Maybe they could deviate and have it be tied to a pretzel input or something?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
OK, I think it's safe to say that this Nintendo Direct drought is FINALLY taking a toll on me.

Last night, I dreamt that the newest Direct happened today, and the Smash thing revealed wasn't a new character... but an Adventure Mode expansion in the style of Subspace, complete with voice acting, dimension-hopping throughout the gaming multiverse, and many new bosses.

After their initial defeat, Galeem and Dharkon merge into one being that destroys the multiverse (again), and kill everyone with no revival of the Smashers themselves. As a result, Kirby (who WASN'T affected at all. God-slayer logic, I guess) is forced to travel across the multiverse to revive everyone yet again.
Dude, can I live in your dreams?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Maybe he could have a gimmick similar to Orcane from rivals of aether. Idk how time warping works in Timesplitters (never played it), but it seems like a cool idea if he could place down one or more 'markers' that he could warp to at any given time. From there, his playstyle could be built around warping around to mainstain stage control and avoid disadvantage, while he racks up damage with his guns. Then again, that could also be totally untrue to timesplitters so idk.
The Orcane Up special absolutely could work because Cortez can travel through time and it can make sense since the Time Crystals (The series mcguffins that allow Time travel) are used to open up Time portals. It also allows the Time Crystals to have some use within gameplay.
So basically this:

Up Special: Time Warp - Cortez holds out a Time Crystal and creates a Time portal behind him. When used again, Cortez warps out from the stage and warps back in through the Time Portal he created.

Yeah this can absolutely work and makes sense within the series! Fantastic. Thank you very much for this idea. Can't believe I never thought about it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wonder how popular Sora, Goku, and Geralt are as character picks in that universe.

"Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation (characters from Rival Schools, Louis Cha's novels, Cyborg 009, and president Barack Obama)"

Oh god it's real
I have never been more disappointed that I couldn't find video footage of something.

NGL I feel like the Shotos are missing out, since Terry gets his supers, and they don't. I'd like it if maybe ShinSho and Shippu Jinrai were usable by their respective Shotos in normal matches, tied to a super meter.

Shun Goku Satsu in normal matches is also kinda the entire reason I want Akuma in smash lol. Maybe they could deviate and have it be tied to a pretzel input or something?
Well if we were to give Akuma the Shun Goku Satsu outside of the Final Smash, I think it could work like this: :GCA::GCA::GCR::GCA::GCB:
So you do the first two hits of jab, dash cancel it, then jab, then press the Special Attack button. Doing so would mean you could pretty easily hit confirm into it though...I dunno about that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the Waluigi thing was only post Assist Trophy reveal backlash

also where’s Rex and Spring Man? I’m pretty sure they were considered but ultimately not chosen which is why they’re a Costume and AT respectively

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Let’s play a game. What are some gimmick ideas for potential characters for DLC? They don’t have to be realistic characters.
So you know how Kratos in God of War PS4 has the ability to throw and recall his axe at will a la Mjolnir?
Ganon would have a similar ability to toss and recall his trident, with Ganon using weaker, shorter-ranged dual swords while disarmed and the trident acting as a lightning rod to put the pressure on opponents by limiting the amount of safe stage to walk on.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Waluigi was considered? Where's the source?
aight, I'm gonna need some serious source backing on this, this is Wikipedia we're talking about, after all

I can't recall a single time where Sakurai said he considered Waluigi
Looking right now. I found a source saying it, but it looks less reliable than Wikipedia. So I’m trying to find something to back it up. I want this to be true. I’ve read 3 interviews so far and I’m sure I can find it eventually
Wish me luck

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Let’s play a game. What are some gimmick ideas for potential characters for DLC? They don’t have to be realistic characters. I’ll start.
-Chell: Obviously the portal gun. But another idea is a side B which is Chell throwing a bucket of a random color of paint. In the Portal games (I think just Portal 2 but I may be wrong), certain paint colors have certain effects, like being bouncy or making you fast when you run on it. They would have the same effects in the game.
-Max Caulfield: A meter which charges up as Max takes damage. When it’s full, the player can hold B to essentially rewind Max’s position. It only lasts for 5 seconds and you can’t do it if you’re launched, only if you fall off on your own or if you’re still on stage.
-Phoenix Wright: sort of similar to his gimmick in MvC, but whatever. The more he is attacked, the more his evidence meter goes up. If he is hit while using his down B, then the opponent’s weapon will fall to the ground (for either of them to pick up. If the opponent picks it up, nothing changes. If Phoenix picks it up, then he can use it as evidence, boosting his evidence meter tremendously. This meter is similar to waft, but with Phoenix’s neutral B. (It’s Objection, if that wasn’t obvious.) if the opponent doesn’t have an item and hits Phoenix in his down B, they’ll just charge his meter directly.
Akuma could have Raging Demon/Shun Goku Satsu tied to a meter, which would be an instant kill (twack'd) above certain percents.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There’s nothing definitive on any characters being considered post-launch or any sort of backlash.

There is no evidence to suggest Waluigi is any more likely than any other as of now “disconfirmed” NPC in Ultimate, and should be treated as such until there is any sort of evidence from a reputable source.

It’s that simple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the Waluigi thing was only post Assist Trophy reveal backlash

also where’s Rex and Spring Man? I’m pretty sure they were considered but ultimately not chosen which is why they’re a Costume and AT respectively
Sakurai came out and said that Rex and Pyra were too late for consideration, so they made them Mii Costumes. That may not be the case for Fighter's Pass 2, though. Once they saw it was popular to make another one, there's a chance that Rex & Pyra will be back up for consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom