• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm starting to see where the Incineroar supporters were coming from, seeing all these rosters predicting Rillaboom just because he's the grass starter is really annoying. I didn't support Sceptile and Decidueye because they're grass starters, I supported them because I like Sceptile and Decidueye. Rillaboom doesn't do much for me (aside for Baboom win memes), I'd much rather have something like Intelleon, Sirfech'd, or Mr. Rime

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm starting to see where the Incineroar supporters were coming from, seeing all these rosters predicting Rillaboom just because he's the grass starter is really annoying. I didn't support Sceptile and Decidueye because they're grass starters, I supported them because I like Sceptile and Decidueye. Rillaboom doesn't do much for me (aside for Baboom win memes), I'd much rather have something like Intelleon, Sirfech'd, or Mr. Rime
I'm the one who wants an unquie Pokemon instead of just another starter.
images (6).jpeg

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
guys what if sakurai just really likes fire

think about it

8 fire emblem characters and 2 (potentially 3) fire type pokemon

sakurai is arsonist?
His zodiac sign is Leo, ruled by the Sun, and it's element is fire.

Just saying.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny enough their support threads were made around the same day and Incineroar's didn't die at E3 due to people going "Got Ivysaur, don't care anymore"

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Mate, that's not the imbalance Cinderace would create if it joined. It's going to be the third fully evolved starter added just to have a Pokemon from the latest gen in a row, without considering what's popular.

Homestly you'd think someone whose shtick is complaining about spirits and ATs would also complain that fan favorite Pokemon also are getting Poke Ball cucked, not Sakurai not filling out the grass quota.
Guess what, doesn't matter how much people are a fan of certain Pokemons, if they're not the starters or promotional movie types like Mewtwo & Lucario then they're never going to happen. Think they would ever make Pokemons like Gardevoir or Scizor playable? That was never going to happen. Even hoping for some Pokemon from the third or fifth gen to be playable in Ultimate or future Smash Bros games is a pointless endeavor. There are things that will never happen in life, so it's foolish to hope that the next Pokemon rep isn't going to be from SwSh. Sakurai was okay having Byleth in before Three Houses was released and knew that people were tired of FE characters in Smash, why Cinderace be any different?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Guess what, doesn't matter how much people are a fan of certain Pokemons, if they're not the starters or promotional movie types like Mewtwo & Lucario then they're never going to happen. Think they would ever make Pokemons like Gardevoir or Scizor playable? That was never going to happen. Even hoping for some Pokemon from the third or fifth gen to be playable in Ultimate or future Smash Bros games is a pointless endeavor. There are things that will never happen in life, so it's foolish to hope that the next Pokemon rep isn't going to be from SwSh. Sakurai was okay having Byleth in before Three Houses was released and knew that people were tired of FE characters in Smash, why Cinderace be any different?
That’s pretty harsh don’t you think? At the end of the day, it’s Sakurai’s game and he will add who he wants. I don’t think this kind of behaviour is necessary over a game like smash or games in general

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Isn't anyome intrigued at the prospect of another third-party female since Bayonetta? Oh yeah, male bias.

Getting dogpiled in three...two...one...

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Isn't anyome intrigued at the prospect of another third-party female since Bayonetta? Oh yeah, male bias.

Lara Croft, 2B and KOS-MOS have been named dropped numerous times in this thread...

It seems like you are deliberately asking to be dogpiled...for seemingly no good reason...

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Its honestly hard for me to think of another female character I would want because most of them are either better off as echos of other characters in the game our have no presence on Nintendo platforms (not even a cameo) so idk could be anyone but who would be based of bayo

D

Deleted member

Nah, I think either Tracer or Lara Croft has a good shot of being in FP2.
Blizz has to rebuild their reputation tho...

Lara Croft, 2B and KOS-MOS have been named dropped numerous times in this thread...

It seems like you are deliberately asking to be dogpiled...for seemingly no good reason...
As in, like the last couple of weeks I suppose?

It's just an assumption. I think in advance. Everyone here doesn't hold me in high regard.

Its honestly hard for me to think of another female character I would want because most of them are either better off as echos of other characters in the game our have no presence on Nintendo platforms (not even a cameo) so idk could be anyone but who would be based of bayo
You probably need to learn more possible female reps can be their own fighter. It's not like we have limited options; we do have plenty.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Her girlfriend, of course:
Please, Nintendo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Isn't anyome intrigued at the prospect of another Sonic character since Sonic inclusion in Brawl? Oh yeah, Nintendo bias.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Blizz has to rebuild their reputation tho...

As in, like the last couple of weeks I suppose?

It's just an assumption. I think in advance. Everyone here doesn't hold me in high regard.

You probably need to learn more possible female reps can be their own fighter. It's not like we have limited options; we do have plenty.
Well the options I want I don't necessarily think they have a chance except one being Dixie but even that's pretty low others being Ms.Pacman Impa Jeanne I think they could all be Echos and that would be fine since there all similar to characters in the game and the case with impa since she trained sheik it would make sense

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
In term of Female Fighters as a whole, I would love Midna (Who is my MW), PMD's Gardevoir, Viridi, Tetra, or a lot of other characters !

Sticking strictly to 3rd party ... There is Agnes who is my MW 3rd party, Blanc would also be super cool, and Laharl could probably squeeze in her Female counterpart in alts haha

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I forgot Medusa would be a good echo as well
Medusa would also be cool as her own character, but if an echo can take on the Custom Moves from 4, I'm fine with her being an echo haha

I would also love Hilda to be an echo (Especially with the catastrophy that is Zelda's personality in Ultimate ... Hilda would hopefully be accurate to her character)

Or Morgan as a Robin echo ! I know that this would be yet another FE character, but I can't help it, Robin is an interesting character to echo due to his gimmick, Morgan is precious, and I kinda wanted her before Chrom got in, so .. Yeah

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Been gunning for Amaterasu as my most wanted for quite a while now, even before Ultimate. There were (embarrassing) times where she was all I talked about, and had to tone it down.

I may be reading the room wrong, but to me the majority of people thinks she a cool character, and would love to have her. It's just that compared to Dante, and Phoenix Wright people think she'd be unlikely, to me she's mostly a dark horse pick.

Also if you check people's signatures, you may find you're not as alone as you think you are in your opinion.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Medusa would also be cool as her own character, but if an echo can take on the Custom Moves from 4, I'm fine with her being an echo haha

I would also love Hilda to be an echo (Especially with the catastrophy that is Zelda's personality in Ultimate ... Hilda would hopefully be accurate to her character)

Or Morgan as a Robin echo ! I know that this would be yet another FE character, but I can't help it, Robin is an interesting character to echo due to his gimmick, Morgan is precious, and I kinda wanted her before Chrom got in, so .. Yeah
see it's super easy to slap a lot of characters with the echo label and the boom someone is gonna be happy yes it would be nice to have a unique moveset but if the moveset is already good just give the bouns
Impa, Medusa, Ms.Pacman, Hilda, Jeanne, Dixie super easy echos easy cash and if people don't like the original you have someone else

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I would love to have both Axel and Blaze in the same game but since I'm a guy and I want more guy characters so I can play as a guy, I'd rather have Axel Stone.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That’s pretty harsh don’t you think? At the end of the day, it’s Sakurai’s game and he will add who he wants. I don’t think this kind of behaviour is necessary over a game like smash or games in general
It's reality. Sakurai is never going to go through the entire list of new Gen 8 Pokemons and pick ones like Orbeetle, Cramorant, or Dracovish. There's so many Pokemons in the games, so he's going to limit himself to only the important ones like the Starters or popular legendaries that got their own movie like Mewtwo and Lucario since they're the most recognizable Pokemons of any generation while every other random Pokemon are going to be part of the Pokeball items. That's just how it's always going to work.
Also Nintendo are the ones picking, not Sakurai, so of course it's going to be a Starter Pokemon from SwSh. Thinking that it's going to be random Pokemon like Thievul or Cursola is just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

I would love to have both Axel and Blaze in the same game but since I'm a guy and I want more guy characters so I can play as a guy, I'd rather have Axel Stone.
It may not be a problem to you but yeah. Most people associate themselves with the gender they pick.

I'm just lovin' myself.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
And yet Konami is here and nobody is questioning their appearance.

Anything can happen
Konami had the advantage that they were in Smash Bros. before Ultimate with Snake in Brawl. Plus right now, Konami doesn't really have any drama.

Blizzard has never been in Smash and has been in nothing but drama for the past months.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
see it's super easy to slap a lot of characters with the echo label and the boom someone is gonna be happy yes it would be nice to have a unique moveset but if the moveset is already good just give the bouns
Impa, Medusa, Ms.Pacman, Hilda, Jeanne, Dixie super easy echos easy cash and if people don't like the original you have someone else
Yup, now you also got to make the difference between what characters fits and doesn't fit an echo, things like True Form Midna as a Zelda echo for exemple .. No that's a bit stupid
Same thing for (Even if it didn't happen, it was seriously proposed before his reveal) K.Rool as a Bowser echo, they are just characters that fit the echo formula, and that would make fans happy, and characters that would just re-create the catastrophy that was FalconDorf ..

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Konami had the advantage that they were in Smash Bros. before Ultimate with Snake in Brawl. Plus right now, Konami doesn't really have any drama.

Blizzard has never been in Smash and has been in nothing but drama for the past months.
But wasn't the period where they did also when Ultimate was in development?
Also, they had no bones with specifically getting the controversial composer of Dragon Quest on board.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The Blizzard drama was because of China, as Tencent has a stake in Blizzard. We got Terry, who's owned by SNK, which is owned fully by Tencent. Morality isn't a thing for the gaming industry and certainly not Smash as we got content from a homophobic Japanese supremacist war crime denier

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
That leak is also heavily fake.

remember what you said back then with no women no buy?

Still at it haha
It is weird how despite the numerous iconic female characters the passes have been all blokes (Byleth's default is male, so I'm count him as such). Granted, women are severely outnumbered in the icon department, but the sausage-fest does get stale after a while.

Rillaboom has got to be one of the most forced picks in speculation history. Not only are people only choosing him because he's the grass starter, but they're completely ignoring the fact Rillaboom literally has to take out his drum and stand in place to do any kind of attack. He'd just be campy and awkward to play when he has to set up like that, because it kills the mobility aspect SSB relies on. Sure, you have ground fighters like Little Mac, but at least they're still moving around a lot in their game.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yup, now you also got to make the difference between what characters fits and doesn't fit an echo, things like True Form Midna as a Zelda echo for exemple .. No that's a bit stupid
Same thing for (Even if it didn't happen, it was seriously proposed before his reveal) K.Rool as a Bowser echo, they are just characters that fit the echo formula, and that would make fans happy, and characters that would just re-create the catastrophy that was FalconDorf ..
i mean if your gonna suggest echos let them be from the same franchise Krool is tagged with DK, not Mario so that would have been weird

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
i mean if your gonna suggest echos let them be from the same franchise Krool is tagged with DK, not Mario so that would have been weird
Well, yeah, but that wasn't really my point, it's more about how sometimes people stretch the limit of a character to it's maximum, just so they can fit as a clone, when they are perfectly unique, it depends on the situation, but for exemple, the other character I quoted, Midna as a Zelda echo ... It's from the same series, but it's still pretty stupid since it doesn't fit either character at all

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's reality. Sakurai is never going to go through the entire list of new Gen 8 Pokemons and pick ones like Orbeetle, Cramorant, or Dracovish. There's so many Pokemons in the games, so he's going to limit himself to only the important ones like the Starters or popular legendaries that got their own movie like Mewtwo and Lucario since they're the most recognizable Pokemons of any generation while every other random Pokemon are going to be part of the Pokeball items. That's just how it's always going to work.
Also Nintendo are the ones picking, not Sakurai, so of course it's going to be a Starter Pokemon from SwSh. Thinking that it's going to be random Pokemon like Thievul or Cursola is just ridiculous.
But that doesn’t really change anything does it? Sakurai or Nintendo can still add whoever they want. That’s the reality and not some made up rule/logic that so called fans want to apply.

If Sakurai wanted to add f****** Mareanie he could because he’s not going to look at your logic and force himself to comply to it when he is the one who sets the foundations in the first place. The reality is Sakurai can add whoever he wants, even if someone had a gun to his head forcing him to add a certain character, nothing says he has to comply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom