• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
People like to ascribe conflicting stances of all sorts to bias so they feel justified in dismissing them.
To be fair, the dude repeats the same quote along the lines of “Gen 8 is unlikely to get a fighter in Smash” every time discussion of a Gen 8 newcomer is brought up, even to the point where he suggested that a Gen 9 Pokemon would have a higher chance of getting in Smash a couple times, so it’s pretty easy to see why someone could come to that assumption.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When It comes to Pokémon reps the ones I would love the most are Zoroark and Darkrai.

Doh if I had to choose one I would go with Gengar so my friend from Madrid finally gets his most wanted Smash pick.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair, the dude repeats the same quote along the lines of “Gen 8 is unlikely to get a fighter in Smash” every time discussion of a Gen 8 newcomer is brought up, even to the point where he suggested that a Gen 9 Pokemon would have a higher chance of getting in Smash a couple times, so it’s pretty to see why someone could come to that assumption.
That's fair - some people are genuinely motivated by bias. It's not uncommon. I can't say I'm well informed of the particular history in this case, but I do stand by what I said as a regular habit many do hold so as to invalidate opposing points.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
To be fair, the dude repeats the same quote along the lines of “Gen 8 is unlikely to get a fighter in Smash” every time discussion of a Gen 8 newcomer is brought up, even to the point where he suggested that a Gen 9 Pokemon would have a higher chance of getting in Smash a couple times, so it’s pretty easy to see why someone could come to that assumption.
Is it a bias if he believes it? The reason he says it is more important than how often he says it. And what's so crazy about thinking Gen 9 is more likely?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just saw on my YouTube video feed a Blocked content video about a Phoenix Wright in Smash leak. I really don't want to give this channel any view, but I haven't seen anyone talking about that anywhere else. Does anyone heard soemthing recently about that? (video was uploaded 3 hours ago)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just saw on my YouTube video feed a Blocked content video about a Phoenix Wright in Smash leak. I really don't want to give this channel any view, but I haven't seen anyone talking about that anywhere else. Does anyone heard soemthing recently about that? (video was uploaded 3 hours ago)
SPOILER_1582998111024.png

Is it this one?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As I said in the Phoenix thread his face looks very off.

But hey at least we're getting image leaks, they're more entertaining and cool than random text leaks.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Pheonix Wright walking into smash without a tailor for his suit
A picture of a completely empty suit with no one wearing it somehow walking around like a normal human... impressive, though I'm not sure what this has to do with Phoenix Wright or Smash.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Exactly why I wrote that. It comes across as spamming at this point.

D

Deleted member

The Phoenix Wright "leak" was fanart made by someone who at least is a common user at Forest Maze

I know this since they posted the Phoenix Wright pictures in the fan art Channel of the server.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not to sound mean but I have to wonder why some of these fake leakers even bother when their renders look like that.

But I guess there's always someone who'll buy in.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
The Phoenix Wright "leak" was fanart made by someone who at least is a common user at Forest Maze

I know this since they posted the Phoenix Wright pictures in the fan art Channel of the server.
Ah, so that explains why the Phoenix model in the "leak" looks off. It looks jarring when comparing it to Byleth's render.

The bright side to these image/video leaks, real or not, is that they are more interesting to talk about than arguing over certain franchises already in Smash. They give something new for us to discuss, though there are times when the discussion goes overboard regarding those.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
From what I recall of what was mentioned, Smash Bros. already spoiled that, and there are MUCH bigger spoilers than the eighth party member.

Shame that it happened, though - it's still a surprising plot twist, and a big part of Persona 5's endgame was spoiled for me in a similar way.
I don't play Spirit Boards so I'd managed to dodge that bullet so far.
Damn that's looking ugly. Can we get some prettier fake leaks please?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I really wish the Phoenix/2B leak was real...Doubtful it is...

Two of my current wants getting in. That'd be great.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
First we had a Monokuma fake leak. Then we have a Phoenix Wright fake leak.

What next? A fake leak with Saber to complete the triforce of Visual Novel characters getting fake Smash leaks?

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
It's also such a massive spoiler that anyone who actually wanted to play Danganronpa would have it ruined for them. Also, I can't see Danganronpa getting in Smash, content wise.
I can see Danganronpa getting in Smash content wise especially if it is something like Monokuma or a main character being in Smash. Given how spoiler heavy Smash is I don't think it'll ruin that much for people who wanted to play it.

D

Deleted member

Something important to note: the artist behind the Phoenix Wright art isn't the same person behind the Dangaronpa "leak"

They confirmed so when people over at the server tagged them in regards to the latter.

Needless to say, the good thing about all of these is that we are at least getting to talk about less common franchises brought Up in speculation. Which gives a good amount of spotlight to good series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First we had a Monokuma fake leak. Then we have a Phoenix Wright fake leak.

What next? A fake leak with Saber to complete the triforce of Visual Novel characters getting fake Smash leaks?
They can't even humor me with a fake Heihachi model. You hate to see it.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Scorbunny is evolving in the current Pokemon anime and Ash still haven't gotten a Galarian Starter Pokemon. Scorbunny is getting pushed a lot in Pokemon's marketing, Cinderace is going to be the Gen 8 representation in Fighters Pass Vol 2.
IMG_20200301_223023.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
that alone gives it being fake away - why'd they show off FP7 when FP6 is still being worked on?
I think it's fake, too, but I believe they work on characters simultaneously (based on how the first three of the first FP were being worked on early last year), though of course they have a smaller team now so *shrug* I'd still imagine they'd be working on at least two simultaneously at least, unless characters no longer take half a year to a year to finish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom