• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I just wanna know who the first character of FPV2 is. I bought FPV1 the minute Joker was shown, cause I like Joker, but I’d like to at least know the general direction FPV2 will take first tho
Same, FP6 can be anyone, but I refuse to buy the pass until we know who they are as on principle I want to at least know partially what content a product has before I buy it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I see we're back to talkin' about random fanart renders and 4chan "leaks" again.

You'd think we woulda learned by now.
look man we got nothing else to talk about you wanna go back to fe debates and cut discussions?

i thought not

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
He could have just said Byleth's 7th and 8th alt colours were when they fuse with Sothis but decided not to.
I dont play fire emblem and my first thought was "they probably fuse with the goddess" just from the hair color and sakurai's statement. However, there are other things that didn't stick, so I guess the theory is that fans of smash will gloss over the spoilers, forget about them. And then be surprised when they play the game.

It's so unfortunate that an obviously fake leak is potentially spoiling so many people on a genuinely really cool mystery game.
Honestly if people weren't like, OMG SPOILER, I might have just glossed over and forgotton about it, but now its burned into my brain and I shall never touch dangaropa because there is no point anymore. ;)

Btw smash direct tommorow I'm so excited.
*lies

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Could you elaborate on how you're defining a duo fighter here?

Especially when we've had stuff like Duck Hunt(technically a trio), Pikmin & Olimar(though you can have more than one Pikmin, so it's not a true duo anyway), Rosalina & Luma, Zelda/Sheik(before the split), Pokemon Trainer(a trio, but the same idea as Zelda/Sheik but also has two characters onscreen so always a duo at a time), and Banjo & Kazooie(the first characters who are duo-based in Ultimate), as well as even Ice Climbers. There's a lot duo variation, so you could be referring to more than one thing.
What I mean by duo fighter is two different bodies that can move and attack independently from each other like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma. I wasn't referring to two characters that functions as one character like Banjo & Kazooie, but more so a character that can get KO'd and leave the other by themselves.

D

Deleted member

Same, FP6 can be anyone, but I refuse to buy the pass until we know who they are as on principle I want to at least know partially what content a product has before I buy it.
I'd second the motion. If it were male, I'd say that I'm off to a bad start. If it were female, that'll be enough to calm myself for the entire DLC cycle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What I mean by duo fighter is two different bodies that can move and attack independently from each other like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma. I wasn't referring to two characters that functions as one character like Banjo & Kazooie, but more so a character that can get KO'd and leave the other by themselves.
Puppetteer is a more common word for that archetype

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

Pikmin & Olimar is also an example of that. Since in each case, the computerized NPC(who can move on their own, simple or advanced A.I.) can be KO'd on their own. However, the "captain" of the duo being KO'd removes both from the field. So which one would be the "captain" and which one would be the "servant", if you will.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
whole roster is cut

no more fire emblem

no more swords

everyone is gone except for :ultrob:

you all gotta D-Tilt with :ultrob: now

have fun
finally, a ROB reboot

wonder if Nintendo is ever gonna make a new R.O.B. figma or figure

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Alucard was almost chosen over Simon. But I think Simon was the better choice considering the majority of CV games have the Belmont playstyle in it. But I do feel like Alucard's game is the 2nd most iconic, other than the first CV title. He'd also bring his own style of fighting into the game with his transformations and weapons. I think that just further proves some series are worth double dipping into because they have so many sick characters.
If Castlevania gets a second non-Echo character, it most likely would be Alucard.

I do wonder if Soma Cruz might work as Alucard Echo.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Now that we have talked about Danganronpa... The first 2 games are on sale on PS4. But I'd rather pick them for the Vita, problem is, it doesn't seem that they will put the games on the Vita Store anytime soon. As far as I know the last time they put them on sale was almost a year ago... so I don't know if waiting for the Vita versions of the 3 mainline games would be wise.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was kinda bored today and wrote down a list of songs from Yakuza that would be cool to put on a Yakuza Smash bros stage.

1. Funk goes on (Yakuza)
2. Trouble shooting star (Yakuza Zero)
3. Kiryu fight theme (Yakuza dead souls)
4. Judgement (Yakuza Zero)
5. Road to Kamuro hills (Yakuza Kiwami 2)
6. Hear this in the game (Yakuza 3)
7. 24 Hour Cinderella (Yakuza Zero)
8. So much more (Yakuza 5)
9. Brand new stage (Yakuza 6 Song of life)
10. Majima construction company anthem (Yakuza Kiwami 2)
11. Receive you, Majima version (Yakuza 7 Like a dragon)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now that we have talked about Danganronpa... The first 2 games are on sale on PS4. But I'd rather pick them for the Vita, problem is, it doesn't seem that they will put the games on the Vita Store anytime soon. As far as I know the last time they put them on sale was almost a year ago... so I don't know if waiting for the Vita versions of the 3 mainline games would be wise.
Danganronpa 1 and 2 are both on the Vita. That's where I own them, lol. V3 I got on PC, but I heard that game is also on the Vita.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You actually own a Vita? I'm so sorry dude

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't get why Capcom fans are arguing who is the best rep for smash dante ; we're obviously getting 3 characters as an MvC tag-team.
I think if we get a “3 character tag team” fighter, it probably might be a King of Fighters team.

Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, and Goro Daimon aka the Hero Team.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Castlevania gets a second non-Echo character, it most likely would be Alucard.

I do wonder if Soma Cruz might work as Alucard Echo.
If I'm not mistaken, Soma's gimmick is using the attacks and forms of the enemies you defeat, in an almost Mega Man or Kirby fashion. Though obviously, there's some crossover between him and Alucard as far as tech goes.

I think if we get a “3 character tag team” fighter, it probably might be a King of Fighters team.

Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, and Goro Daimon aka the Hero Team.
I mean, that character is Pokemon Trainer, but the gimmick being attempted again would be kind of cool. Whether it was a Capcom team or SNK going for a legit KOF style of team is fine by me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If I'm not mistaken, Soma's gimmick is using the attacks and forms of the enemies you defeat, in an almost Mega Man or Kirby fashion. Though obviously, there's some crossover between him and Alucard as far as tech goes.

I mean, that character is Pokemon Trainer, but the gimmick being attempted again would be kind of cool. Whether it was a Capcom team or SNK going for a legit KOF style of team is fine by me.
Yes, Pokémon Trainer is who I had in mind when I thought of Hero Team from King of Fighters.

I am for more “3 characters tag team” fighters if the gimmick is in-character for those characters.

It is in-character for a Pokémon Trainer and his starters. It is in-character for a King of Fighters team.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
We arent getting the "3 characters in one thing" in DLC because thats basically thrice the work of putting a character in

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, Pokémon Trainer is who I had in mind when I thought of Hero Team from King of Fighters.

I am for more “3 characters tag team” fighters if the gimmick is in-character for those characters.

It is in-character for a Pokémon Trainer and his starters. It is in-character for a King of Fighters team.
Not really, in KoF you can't switch freely, you only switch when your lead and mid get KO-ed

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I remember when Terry was leaked, some people were spitballing the idea of having him, Andy, and Joe all being in as a KoF team.

I also liked the idea of an Alolan Pokemon Trainer, with Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Incineroar to reflect Ash's Alola team.

I don't think we'll ever get another team-based character like Pokemon Trainer again, simply due to being a massive investment of development resources and a nightmare to balance. However, I would definitely love to see the gimmick played with some more.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not really, in KoF you can't switch freely, you only switch when your lead and mid get KO-ed
It doesn’t have to be exactly the same. Just that it is in-character for a King of Fighters team.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a couple of SNK games with tagging mechaincs, as well as some with strikers. Off the top of my head, I believe NeoGeo Battle Colosseum was one of these titles.

But I'm not the biggest KOF expert. I've played a couple of the games, but I'm more familiar with Fatal Fury/Garou titles as I've played a few more of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember when Terry was leaked, some people were spitballing the idea of having him, Andy, and Joe all being in as a KoF team.

I also liked the idea of an Alolan Pokemon Trainer, with Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Incineroar to reflect Ash's Alola team.

I don't think we'll ever get another team-based character like Pokemon Trainer again, simply due to being a massive investment of development resources and a nightmare to balance. However, I would definitely love to see the gimmick played with some more.
That was my hunch back then as well.

Ah...the SNK leak days.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
iFunny leak
Screenshot_20200301-121216_iFunny .jpg
iFunny leak

unless TF3 somehow happens, don't take this seriously.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People really out here making fake leaks for an SMTV character, but not SMTV itself, smh.

View attachment 264375
Bro Demifiend 2 tho
It doesn’t have to be exactly the same. Just that it is in-character for a King of Fighters team.
Sakurai is ****ing crazy about SNK, so I doubt he'd change the core mechanics around for something he loves that much, it's why Squad Strike doesn't let you switch, it's literally KoF but platform fighter

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Today as people were debating Smash's spoileriness someone spoiled DQ11 for me. :c
From what I recall of what was mentioned, Smash Bros. already spoiled that, and there are MUCH bigger spoilers than the eighth party member.

Shame that it happened, though - it's still a surprising plot twist, and a big part of Persona 5's endgame was spoiled for me in a similar way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom