• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't know enough of Dragonropa(I probably spelled that wrong too) to say much. I don't know if Junko would be an ideal choice. I imagine the issue isn't how the moveset works, if she's no different from the player character, though. That said, if the case is more based around that, I could see something like a Hero scenario, with her as the face and using other characters(but I'm guessing the models aren't similar enough to be alts anyway, so that idea probably won't work? Bare with me here as I really don't know the characters. I've seen only Junko and Monakuma as is. I've heard of the series, but never knew it was a Murder Mystery-style Visual Novel. Might not be a proper description, to be fair, though. I'm just going off of what was said here. So I apologize if that's a misleading description).
This is going to be a bit writhe in spoilers, but whatever

Junko is the Mastermind of Danganronpa as a whole. Monokuma is essentially her own avatar for carrying out the killing game. If you're representing Daganronpa as a whole, her w/ Monokuma is probably the best way to do it. She can't really summon any characters either unless you want to delve into even more spoilers. What she can probably use is the various Machinery used in the executions throughout the series

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alucard was almost chosen over Simon. But I think Simon was the better choice considering the majority of CV games have the Belmont playstyle in it. But I do feel like Alucard's game is the 2nd most iconic, other than the first CV title. He'd also bring his own style of fighting into the game with his transformations and weapons. I think that just further proves some series are worth double dipping into because they have so many sick characters.

There's a few other series that could pull that off like Pokemon did. Tekken's arguably in that situation since Heihachi was considered for the previous game, and it's usually Jin or Kazuya who's the protagonist of Tekken games. Western fighting games have their mascots in Scorpion/Sub-Zero and Fulgore for their series. They're often considered more by people around here because they have more notoriety than Jago or Liu Kang(or whichever newer dork in a lead in a MK game.)

At the very worst, you could view Terry getting in over Kyo Kusanagi as such an example as well. But Terry's franchise is what brought Kyo's to life as it is. And Terry being the lead of multiple games on his own solidifies him as a lead character. Kind of like Mario and Donkey Kong.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think we might see a direct announcement next Tuesday. It would be like in 2018 where we got a direct the first week in March. Also Tuesday is the 3rd Switch anniversary (March 3) so I could see them making a special message like "thank you for supporting the Switch for 3 years, here's a direct Thursday to see what's coming next".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
there is a maintenance coming March 9 right? are directs usually on or before then? if it's just an announcement of FP6 I honestly can't see them actually dropping March 9

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, and since the topic was brought up earlier, Chun-Li would be a pretty great addition. I know I don't bring it up as much as I do with wanting a second Mega Man, but Street Fighter's yet another iconic series that has tons of great characters to offer.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Nah. We're getting Dolichorhynchops from Sea Monsters: a Prehistoric Adventure and not some stupid Endless Ocean character.

On another note, the three games I want spirits for the most are:

Rivals of Aether (The smashalike coming full circle and getting into smash)

Ace Combat (unlikely, as they likely have to license the planes from the actual manufacturers, unless they only use fictional fighters)

Endless Ocean/Everblue (would literally just be stock photos a la Nintendogs, but would hopefully get people talking enough to get us a realistic ocean exploration sim in HD.)
Wow, someone else remembers Sea Monsters. I thought I was the only one. XD

Rivals absolutely deserves a Fighter, but Spirits would be a fine nod to it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope that Monokuma fake leak quickly disappears. That is by far the biggest spoiler in all of Smash speculation so far, even more so than the stuff Sakurai has spoiled himself like with Shulk's final smash or him playing coy about the Heroes Relics.

Really hope Papagenos doesn't make a video on it.
Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers homedog.

****ing Hendrick is in the Hero's Companions Spirit for ****s sake.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Not necessarily?

the portal F!Byleth pops out of implies that Kronya was killed. Also the presentation reveals that Rhea is Seiros
He could have just said Byleth's 7th and 8th alt colours were when they fuse with Sothis but decided not to.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's also such a massive spoiler that anyone who actually wanted to play Danganronpa would have it ruined for them. Also, I can't see Danganronpa getting in Smash, content wise.

D

Deleted member

Good morning.

Pretty much no intel from the leaker. Oh well, that was fun while it lasted...:ohwell:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
there is a maintenance coming March 9 right? are directs usually on or before then? if it's just an announcement of FP6 I honestly can't see them actually dropping March 9
Anyone got any answers?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I didn't even understand that the Danganronpa was a spoiler until people where mentionning it here. The spoilers is way less obvious than the Mother 3 stuff in Brawl.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly I didn't even understand that the Danganronpa was a spoiler until people where mentionning it here. The spoilers is way less obvious than the Mother 3 stuff in Brawl.
Apparently the Lotus (Warframe) Spirit’s evolved form is a HUGE Warframe spoiler too??

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
D

Deleted member

I see we're back to talkin' about random fanart renders and 4chan "leaks" again.

You'd think we woulda learned by now.
That's what happens when you deprave a community of information for like...so much time. They literally just eat anything they find actually.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Rhea's spirit battle is also a gigantic spoiler.
I'm just saying it's kind of silly that Sakurai is perfectly fine with spoiling every other game but when it comes to Byleth's 7th and 8th alts, it's suddenly too important to spoil.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I think we might see a direct announcement next Tuesday. It would be like in 2018 where we got a direct the first week in March. Also Tuesday is the 3rd Switch anniversary (March 3) so I could see them making a special message like "thank you for supporting the Switch for 3 years, here's a direct Thursday to see what's coming next".
I see we're already in the "there's gonna be a Direct any day now" mode for this month.
Let's hope that this time, that's actually the case. . .

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just wanna know who the first character of FPV2 is. I bought FPV1 the minute Joker was shown, cause I like Joker, but I’d like to at least know the general direction FPV2 will take first tho

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
My thoughts on a Danganronpa rep is that if we do get one then Monokuma is the most obvious candidate available. Junko could get in with Monokuma as well if they want to pull off a new duo fighter (which is something we haven't gotten since Smash 4).

As for Naegi and the rest of the protagonists..... they're way too bland imo, like sure you could incorporate truth bullets and cross swords, but I feel like Monokuma represents Danganronpa far better with his execution weapons. If there is one thing that is special to Danganronpa compared to other mystery VNs, it's that it has quite some creative execution methods.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Byleth doesn't exist to a lot of Smash fans since FE and swords are bad, though.
TFW you have one of the most unique movesets a FE character has gotten in years and don't even hardly use the sword in your moveset (and when you do it doesn't even really function like a normal sword) and people still complain:

ec6ddc0cb5c3620d779ac4acae32a8988cea0939r1-1900-1080v2_hq.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming coronavirus hasn't delayed it which we'd all understand why.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
"As for Naegi and the rest of the protagonists..... they're way too bland imo, like sure you could incorporate truth bullets and cross swords.
You're saying you don't want to spell the word "knife" and answer questions with snowboards? If that isn't riveting Smash gameplay, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's so unfortunate that an obviously fake leak is potentially spoiling so many people on a genuinely really cool mystery game.

As far as Danganronpa in Smash goes, Monokuma does a lot of cool stuff by himself while operated from afar, he doesn't need anyone on the Battlefield with him. Both him and an Ultimate High Schooler could work, and both could be unique, but I would personally prefer Monokuma by himself and students debating in the background of his stage, it'd be cool! Not much to say about his likeliness or whatever, but yeah, would be cool!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You're saying you don't want to spell the word "knife" and answer questions with snowboards? If that isn't riveting Smash gameplay, I don't know what is.
you're just souring me on the protagonists even more.

that's prime maxwell scribblenaut move-set right there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My thoughts on a Danganronpa rep is that if we do get one then Monokuma is the most obvious candidate available. Junko could get in with Monokuma as well if they want to pull off a new duo fighter (which is something we haven't gotten since Smash 4).
Could you elaborate on how you're defining a duo fighter here?

Especially when we've had stuff like Duck Hunt(technically a trio), Pikmin & Olimar(though you can have more than one Pikmin, so it's not a true duo anyway), Rosalina & Luma, Zelda/Sheik(before the split), Pokemon Trainer(a trio, but the same idea as Zelda/Sheik but also has two characters onscreen so always a duo at a time), and Banjo & Kazooie(the first characters who are duo-based in Ultimate), as well as even Ice Climbers. There's a lot duo variation, so you could be referring to more than one thing.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace

As for Naegi and the rest of the protagonists..... they're way too bland imo, like sure you could incorporate truth bullets and cross swords, but I feel like Monokuma represents Danganronpa far better with his execution weapons. If there is one thing that is special to Danganronpa compared to other mystery VNs, it's that it has quite some creative execution methods.
That part with the protagonists is why I feel very iffy on the idea of a main protagonist getting in. It would not look good to many people if some Teenage kid with nothing unique on them getting into Smash and would sour many peoples mouthes, even if they can do the mechanics from the Trials ingame. Monokuma would probably catch more eyes and be less receptive of people getting upset.

D

Deleted member

I'll be writing that down, I'd say.

Amped_Form

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3498-3780-6793
Let’s hope for that then. I bet everyone is desperate for Nintendo news now, including myself. We don’t know what’s happening this year... apart for Animal Crossing of course. XD

D

Deleted member

Let’s hope for that then. I bet everyone is desperate for Nintendo news now, including myself. We don’t know what’s happening this year... apart for Animal Crossing of course. XD
Breath of the Wild 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom