• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Question for everyone: do you think that releasing teases of the next fighters would be beneficial for the hype, game sales, publicity, etc.? I think it would. I don't know why Sakurai doesn't just drop a tease every month or so. Give the community something to chew on. Little things, like a color or a word, even. Could you imagine him just tweeting something like, "Smash could use more orange, don't you think?"
Considering how two chairs were enough to cause Skull Kid's popularity to temporarily skyrocket, I don't think Sakurai should be giving the Smash community any hints. We can't handle them.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If FP5 actually releases the same day the character is revealed I'm leaning towards a "small" character, to put it in a way.
Of course FP5 could be anyone and be shadowdropped, but for some reason if that is what will happen I have a hard time imagining big characters like Sora or Master Chief, to mention a few, being announced and released the same day.

Specially if along FP5 we get some info for future DLC or even a tease for the sixth fighter. In that scenario I see FP5 being a character not very discussed or popular among the Smash community.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I've never played Dark Souls, but Having Crossbreed Priscilla, as a character or Sif, the Great Grey Wolf would be amazing. I'd also love to have Sekiro too.

D

Deleted member

Specially if along FP5 we get some info for future DLC or even a tease for the sixth fighter. In that scenario I see FP5 being a character not very discussed or popular among the Smash community.
I dreamt last night that Kantai Collection is FP5. Dunno who, but it's in. Was that just a fantasy I dreamt of due to me binge watching it or a premonition of what's to come?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My thoughts on the Xenosaga news is that it really means nothing. While it's not his project, Harada is like Street Fighter's Ono turned to 11. He's pretty damn famous for "Don't ask me for ****" and being a troll. It's something to keep in mind, sure, but at the end of the day, he's also a hype man and if anything came from him saying this it's that it did drum up support for Xenosaga stuff.

If the Mega Man Legends 3 game getting cancelled didn't hurt Mega Man's chances for Smash Wii U, I see no reason for this statement to hurt KOS-MOS' chances for Ultimate.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well if its February expect this site to be an ghost town until then in January. That I can guarantee.
It's not like it's a ghost town right now, in fact it's pretty fun and relaxed generally speaking. If your definition of a ghost town is "no news", sure, but there have been some good conversations in this thread and a decent enough pace to stop things from getting boring.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be fair that's not the Megaman we got in smash.
Well then how about Mega Man Universe?
Rock Man Online?
The Cancelled FPS MMX reboot?
Powered Up 2 and Maverick Hunter X2?
Starforce 4? silent sobbing

Take your pick of the litter, Mega Man was practically retired at that point.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts on the Xenosaga news is that it really means nothing. While it's not his project, Harada is like Street Fighter's Ono turned to 11. He's pretty damn famous for "Don't ask me for ****" and being a troll. It's something to keep in mind, sure, but at the end of the day, he's also a hype man and if anything came from him saying this it's that it did drum up support for Xenosaga stuff.

If the Mega Man Legends 3 game getting cancelled didn't hurt Mega Man's chances for Smash Wii U, I see no reason for this statement to hurt KOS-MOS' chances for Ultimate.
Uhh, actually this is a major strike against her.

This has proven that Namco doesn’t care in the slightest about bringing back Xenosaga anymore. It shows that if it was their call, they’d obviously make someone else a priority (ex. Lloyd and Heihachi). There is financial for either party involved, and she also doesn’t have the legacy and fan demand like Mega Man and Banjo.

The only hope for her to get in at this point is for Sakurai to lowkey be a MASSIVE fan of Xenosaga.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
looks real closely

....nope. i aint seeing anything that vaguely resembles a hint

....wait

hold up

was that purplish joker texture always there?
Yeah, references the dominant color of Persona 1 (the same way the red color references Persona 2 and 5's dominant colors, and the yellow and blue colors reference P4 and P3).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
looks real closely

....nope. i aint seeing anything that vaguely resembles a hint

....wait

hold up

was that purplish joker texture always there?
Hahaha Persona 1 doesn't exist.

Well then how about Mega Man Universe?
Rock Man Online?
The Cancelled FPS MMX reboot?
Powered Up 2 and Maverick Hunter X2?
Starforce 4? silent sobbing

Take your pick of the litter, Mega Man was practically retired at that point.
I mean, Megaman 10 (And technically Street fighter X Megaman) were still in recent memory, when classic Megaman was announced for Smash.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm almost sure FP5 is a character that is not as "Huge/mainstream" as people believe them to be. I can argue there's a good possibility they're a character the fandom either never talks about or think is impossible or unlikely to get in Smash or ones people gloss over without even a word.

At least, that is my own estimate guess with how the pass has been mostly going.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Looks like Sakurai is bringing back Pic of the Day, based on Push's translation.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Oh boy I can't wait for every daily picture uploaded by Sakurai to be analyzed by UFO sighting experts.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Inb4 people ask if this is a Smash hint.
Eight Jokers are pointing their guns at someone. Said someone must be such a terrifying melee opponent that the Jokers collectively decide that the ranged option is, despite any other option being more damaging, actually the best and only option for dealing with the opponent because trying to engage them in melee is no different from just walking off the stage and self-destructing. The logical and obviously only possible conclusion is thus this: Said someone who the Jokers are targeting MUST be Ursa from Dota 2. URSA CONFIRMED. BEARS WIN THE FIGHTER'S PASS WITH TWO BEAR FIGHTERS.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
According to my poorly Google translated tweet prior, it looks like Sakurai is going to be posting random images taken during development for the sake of it.

Both are of DLC 1 and 2...

I will laugh my rear off if he drops fighter 5 with the 5th image. No way in hell it's happening, but a funny coincidence.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Oh boy I can't wait for every daily picture uploaded by Sakurai to be analyzed by UFO sighting experts.
*Cue X-files theme*

"And if you zoom on this picture of Jokers jacket, you can see the color Purple. Waluigi's outfit is purple. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!"

*X-files theme intensifies*

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Sakurai said he'll post a random picture everyday from his past daily reports. So it's just an old screenshots.
Oh I know. I saw the translated tweet. My post was lampooning rabid followers who always bug Sakurai about Smash whenever he tweets. Unfortunately, I've already seen some people ask what the pic means when Sakurai made it clear it is just a random pic.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

I know for a fact that this is not a hint in the slightest. Treating this as evidence is like the whole chair thing all over again.

...BUT

Hypothetically speaking, in an alternate universe where this was 100% DEFINITLEY a hint, a character that technically hasn’t been deconfirmed yet has come to my mind.

However, if I say who it is, I’ll get laughed off this board, lol.

(DISCLAIMER: I KNOW THAT THIS ISN’T A HINT, WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT RATHALOS IMAGE TURNED OUT FOR ISAAC)

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hahaha Persona 1 doesn't exist.

I mean, Megaman 10 (And technically Street fighter X Megaman) were still in recent memory, when classic Megaman was announced for Smash.
Oh of course! MegaMan is fine now. I'm just talking at the time of Mega Man's inclusion in Smash.

Starforce 4 will never not hurt me though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If FP5 actually releases the same day the character is revealed I'm leaning towards a "small" character, to put it in a way.
Of course FP5 could be anyone and be shadowdropped, but for some reason if that is what will happen I have a hard time imagining big characters like Sora or Master Chief, to mention a few, being announced and released the same day.

This is why i'm banking on a Nintendo character as Fighter 5 TBH. Although I don't really want to get in to it too much here.

Let's just say I don't buy trends as hard evidence and leave it at that for now.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Ryu was released the same day he was officially revealed.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Uhh, actually this is a major strike against her.

This has proven that Namco doesn’t care in the slightest about bringing back Xenosaga anymore. It shows that if it was their call, they’d obviously make someone else a priority (ex. Lloyd and Heihachi). There is financial for either party involved, and she also doesn’t have the legacy and fan demand like Mega Man and Banjo.

The only hope for her to get in at this point is for Sakurai to lowkey be a MASSIVE fan of Xenosaga.
They cared enough to put researching to see if it would pay off. Clearly there's people within Namco that want the series to come back, this includes Harada, btw. Just because they don't see a profit in it (Which Bamco is very bad at determining, btw.) doesn't mean they don't care.

D

Deleted member

The Super Sentai are Fighter 5.

Source: Sakurai’s picture is a tease for them

7C9C8FC0-A9AC-4602-967E-A56B6E713CC2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom