• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't hold my breath, considering they didn't come with Joker.
Tbf, they did add the Tockles spirit to Smash Ultimate separated from Hero and the DQ Spirit Board,

So at least it is possible to have DLC franchise get at minimum one extra spirit after they release.

Not sure if they will add Gnostic spirits, but the chance at least exists as small as it is.

D

Deleted member

I wish You’re Welcome theory was about Maui from Moana getting in and coming with a cover of this song:

D

Deleted member

It's that theory that Fatman was talking about. Nintendo saying thank you to Namco for making smash bros and putting in a Namco character as DLC, making him believe that Nightmare is Fighter 5.
Well my theory is that FP5 is actually Jehuty from ZoE, you can trust me, I have sources.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Last religious joke from Gale, but I would seriously main the s*** out of Captain Bible.

Okay but what I'm still wondering is, what's the chance of Dante from the Dante's Inferno series appearing? I know he's from a spin-off that was released way after the series finished, but it still had tons of impact.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
You could create a theory for every character if you tried hard enough. I have rarely seen any of these theories hold water.

Except Box Theory of course.

D

Deleted member

So
You could create a theory for every character if you tried hard enough. I have rarely seen any of these theories hold water.

Your theory is that most smash theories never come into fruition?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is the theory about Smash Ultimate being a crossover?
It's a theory about how all FP characters we got so far has a history of appearing in crossovers.

It's so broad that it can be said for dozens of characters and more like a neat trivia than an actual theory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a theory about how all FP characters we got so far has a history of appearing in crossovers.

It's so broad that it can be said for dozens of characters and more like a neat trivia than an actual theory.
Bruh.

Hey people, Optimus Prime is in because he appears in crossovers.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Is the theory about Smash Ultimate being a crossover?
What a ridiculous theory. What gives people the impression of Smash Ultimate being a crossover? Just because there's a cute Mario cameo in a Kirby game doesn't mean it's somehow suddenly a crossover. We need to stop these outrageous theories from existing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What a ridiculous theory. What gives people the impression of Smash Ultimate being a crossover? Just because there's a cute Mario cameo in a Kirby game doesn't mean it's somehow suddenly a crossover. We need to stop these outrageous theories from existing.
You're joking but there are fans who get pissy about any character that doesn't fit right into Super Mario's art style.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I hereby state my belief in the Every Theory That Is Not Box Theory Is Wrong-Theory.
I dunno man, but I think "Theory of relativity"-Theory has some chance of being real. It doesn't really tell us anything about future fighters, but at least it tell us that e=mc².

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno man, but I think "Theory of relativity"-Theory has some chance of being real. It doesn't really tell us anything about future fighters, but at least it tell us that e=mc².
And e=mc² tells us quite a bit about post-Pass content. Namely, it says that if Edelgard (e) is the first post-Pass character, the second will be Master Chief (mc). The square is the two, and e is to the first power, so one.

Totally foolproof and absolutely not an example of how you can make a theory that makes any character seem more likely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's that theory that Fatman was talking about. Nintendo saying thank you to Namco for making smash bros and putting in a Namco character as DLC, making him believe that Nightmare is Fighter 5.
If that’s the case a Tekken character or Lloyd can fit that bill too

D

Deleted member

e=mc²? mc... Guess that means it Mastet Chief time.

Last edited by a moderator:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Also on the other hand, Mega Man and Simon were also much more popular requested characters and also come from much bigger and influential series.

I'm sorry, but I kinda consider KOS-MOS, as well as Shantae and Reimu to be sort of the "Unholy trinity of Smash community bubble picks".
In what universe is Reimu or Touhou in the Smash bubble?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And the equal sign (=) actually means that we are getting an echo fighter on the second Fighter Pass.
Doom Slayer is Master Chief’s Echo, you heard it here first :troll:

BUT WAIT!

The letter E is at the start of the equation

ELMA CONFIRMED!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, the summary of e=mc2

>(e) is Edelgard
>(=) is an echo fighter
>(mc) is Master Chief
>(2) is 2B

SKX31

Smash Master
e=mc²? Guess that means it Mastet Chief time.
[Falco complains something about Mr. Einstein, who's on his side]

I'm loving these Galaxy Brain takes.

And the equal sign (=) actually means that we are getting an echo fighter on the second Fighter Pass.
Einstein literally came up with the relativity theory to explain Post-Pass content.

:4pacman:

Upon doing some digging, that's a picture of John McClounan's Nintendo collection in Australia. Still a very cool sight though!
Source
Hey, thanks for that again. Dunno why that Chinese social media account included that pic.

Edit: Tagging Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium so he sees this.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Last religious joke from Gale, but I would seriously main the s*** out of Captain Bible.

GODLY THIGHS
They're all terrible.
That's not very nice.

Is it even true? It barely applies to Joker (Catherine, Granblue Fantasy, arguably PQ2), and I don't think it applies at all to Banjo or Hero.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And e=mc² tells us quite a bit about post-Pass content. Namely, it says that if Edelgard (e) is the first post-Pass character, the second will be Master Chief (mc). The square is the two, and e is to the first power, so one.
Okay, but mass-energy equivalence states that m is concentrated e. That doesn't say anything about Halo, it just means Edelgard will be in use a Master Seal in her moveset.

Checkmate, atheists.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Or Stage Builder Theory which predicted:ulthero:and:ultbanjokazooie:with the dragon and witch stages.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
GODLY THIGHS

That's not very nice.

Is it even true? It barely applies to Joker (Catherine, Granblue Fantasy, arguably PQ2), and I don't think it applies at all to Banjo or Hero.
Banjo was in the Xbox 360 version of one of those Sonic racing games, and DQ characters have appeared in Square Enix’s version of Mario Party called Itadaki Street.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Joker appeared in Chain Chronicle, Puzzle and Dragons, arguably Sonic Forces, Identity V, Star Ocean, Another Eden and a bunch of other niche games, as well. It got to the point that some fans started comparing him to Shovel Knight.

Banjo and DQ crossed over with a couple of series at best and Terry is in a weird situation where he has his own crossover fighting series.

There is no pattern unless you force yourself to see one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still remember when I made Klaw Theory and got featured into a Papagenos video for it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I'm really loving how many crossovers Hero has appeared in and totally not ignoring the fact they've never gotten to crossover like this!

I'm also really loving Banjo & Kazooie as crossover characters that have appeared in *checks notes*
Sonic and All-Star Racing....

Also, wouldn't that ironically be the theory to kill Geno since he hasn't actually appeared in any?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
e=mc²

E is the fifth letter of the alphabet

mc is squared

Minecraft is notable for squares

Fighter 5 = Steve

DUDE I THINK I SOLVED IT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of DQ crossovers in recent media.

I am really hyped for the return of The Adventures of Dai both as a new anime and a new game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, the summary of e=mc2

>(e) is Edelgard
>(=) is an echo fighter
>(mc) is Master Chief
>(2) is 2B
I think the fact that we are using parentheses is in itself a hint to another character in the pass. As we know, all Smash characters are promotional, so we need to look at a character who is a PARENT (as in parent-heses) and can promote an upcoming game...such as Barret Wallace from Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

Edelgard, an echo fighter, Master Chief, 2B, and Barret! This theory is foolproof!

And if we go deeper, it's called the Theory of Relativity. Could the echo fighter be a RELATIVE of a character on the roster?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom