• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If we are getting a double fighter announcement with one of them being Kos-Mos, who do you want the 2nd one to be?
I'm on Lloyd.
Same as I'd want for the initial announcement.
Elenor Camuel.

If Bandai-Namco only, then Haruka Amami.
(Seriously. It's an event that's Live on Stage. Just ****ing DO IT.)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If we are getting a double fighter announcement with one of them being Kos-Mos, who do you want the 2nd one to be?
I'm on Lloyd.
Honestly if there's two reveal (which I highly doubt but just for fun), I doubt they will show 2 JRPG characters. Yeah I know, both characters are really different, but it's just feels wrong to me for some reason. If Kos-Mos is first, I see more something that would appeal to a very large crowd, or at least a crowd different than the one that would enjoy Kos-Mos. Maybe something like Kos-Mos + Dante for exemple.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
This thread's going real fast even though the show doesn't start until 77 minutes from now.

Usually these threads go by fast only when it's an hour or 30 minutes from reveal time. I guess we've all become kind of desperate.

Untouch

Smash Master
unknown[1].png

Err that sale thing may have more weight than it seemed at first.
(Still likely NMH3 or NMH 1+2 though.)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm on Lloyd.
Has to be KOS-MOS and Reimu. I want to live in the timeline where the second drunk cat leak was actually real.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hoo boy...

KOS-MOS (w/ a T-elos echo for the extra cherry on top) has been like... my serious pipe dream picks for Ultimate (or Smash 5 at the time) for like... a year and half goddamn.

And the fact that there's actual a chance it can happen, let alone people actually talking about it in any serious capacity makes me both really happy and really skeptical.

Tis' a weird feeling tbh.

If it happens, y'all will see me mc****ing lose it, so that'll be entertaining to see.

But as far as realistic expectations go, I do think we'll get a reveal, but it's more so a gut feeling than anything else; would not be surprised if we don't get one.

And as to who it is... I don't know. Y'all know who I want it to be, but anything is possible at this point.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Watch Geno, KOS-MOS, Rex & Pyra, and Travis all get revealed at the Game Awards. Everyone will be on Jon’s ass if that happens lol

Realistically though, I’m expecting only one reveal for Smash, and my guess is gonna be KOS-MOS.

A KOS-MOS and Elma double reveal for Monolith’s 20th anniversary would be the dream.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea who FP5 will be at this point as just about anyone seems like they have a shot.

It's possible we won't even get a reveal, but I'm hoping that we do because this place is going to be a madhouse if there isn't.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In the 0.01% chance of Andy getting in today, I will record myself singing the entire Lifelight theme song.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For the fighters that seem likely to be Cheese Pizza #5 or any third-party character after the pass, have you thought about what stage that character would come with? Also, this is an automated message saying that I enjoy the game for what it is, and am grateful for the fighters we did get, regardless of who is revealed next and what shall happen in the future.
For Sora i imagine his stage to be Traverse town. One of the most recurring locations in the KH series, it's a place between world's where Sora meets quiet a number of people in his adventures, from Disney character, KH original characters, characters from FF7 and characters from the world ends with you. Making it perfect for background cameos

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last minute FP5 guesses:
  • 2B
  • Dovahkiin
  • Geralt of Rivia (completely wild pick)
  • A Rockstar Games character
  • Travis Touchdown

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Just an hour left you guys! Placing final bets on my boy Phoenix, but I’ll probably be happy with whoever it is as long as they look fun

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Last minute bet, if the next fighter revealed for Smash is Erdrick I’ll delete my account.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm placing my money on KOS-MOS and Travis Touchdown. Not just because those two are my most wanted but with all this speculation, I want to say there may be a chance for either of them.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm placing my money on KOS-MOS and Travis Touchdown. Not just because those two are my most wanted but with all this speculation, I want to say there may be a chance for either of them.
Wait. TRAVIS HAS A CHANCE!?
DID SOMETHING COME UP!?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

She's the RAcaseal archetype character from Phantasy Star Online.
Doctor Montague's assistant/creation who is able to communicate with MAGs.

This entire time, I thought your avatar was Mipha.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last minute bet, if the next fighter revealed for Smash is Erdrick I’ll delete my account.
Why would they add that Dragon Quest guy? He'd just be another Marth and the composer's too much of a **** for anything more than one MIDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom