• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Wait!

Is this what it's come to? Bandwagoning f***ing frogs now?!??! I don't understand the appeal, but

That's none of my business.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Looking at the banner made me think of something: What if each character on the banner each had their renders based on the character before them? (Going by Sakurai number.) (Example: The Luminary is drawn as if he were from Persona 5, Pikachu is drawn as if it were from a Star Fox game, Inkling is drawn as if it were from Bayonetta, etc.) In the case of Mario, he gets a random style. As for characters whose the previous character is from the same series... it happens anyways.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Personally I'm hoping that if people get wind of the character and it's definitely gonna be revealed at TGA people keep it to themselves. I really enjoyed the surprise of last year and it's been nice not knowing anything this time.
Yep. At this point leaking the character would be stupid.

that title sure is something given his predictions. :thinking:
idk I would say it's a reference to one of the Nia lines in XC2.
Also, the 2nd anniversary for the game was a few days ago.

Not denying FP5 could be KOS-MOS but I have a hard time seeing this as a hint. But maybe you're right.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
so how did the frogger hing start?

that 80s tourny thing doesn't mean its a 1980s video game character for fp5
I think Frogger started because of a stupid 4chan leak awhile back that got some things right. And people started to go along with it because it's ****ing Frogger and that would be hilarious.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Yep. At this point leaking the character would be stupid.

idk I would say is a reference to one of the Nia phrases in XC2.
Also, the 2nd anniversary for the game was a few days ago.

Not denying FP5 could be KOS-MOS but I have a hard time seeing this as a hint. But maybe you're right.
I dont think he is an insider like some say but it is just the timing that's funny.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I dont think he is an insider like some say but it is just the timing that's funny.
Well, the guys at GameXplain are supposed to have some Nintendo info. Maybe not for everything, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon or some of the others knows who is FP5.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Reminder that this comes out on Thursday on the Switch.

Why are they riding each other like hover boards? I know it's the series that tried to have it's ultimate maguffin's sought after ability to be producing cats from nowhere or making the room smell nice, but still.

It's cool that they got the ok to use a Mario themed track though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think Frogger started because of a stupid 4chan leak awhile back that got some things right. And people started to go along with it because it's ****ing Frogger and that would be hilarious.
This?

its fake all the mii costumes were wrong and theres no slip space mode and doom slayer is not fp5 according to sabi and vergeben

D

Deleted member

Ahh...the magic of confirmation bias.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Why are they riding each other like hover boards? I know it's the series that tried to have it's ultimate maguffin's sought after ability to be producing cats from nowhere or making the room smell nice, but still.

It's cool that they got the ok to use a Mario themed track though.
Because if you wanted to mix Mario Kart Double Dash with Sonic Riders but had a cast of anime girls all capable of flight, that's the only logical way to do it tbh.

D

Deleted member

Ughh...no word from the higher-ups is killing me. Shouldn't they release the news by now? They spent literally so many hours on their asses just trying to decode if KOS-MOS is indeed FP5 and all we get are "I don't know" and "Not sure's". Let's just say that FP5 can be ANYONE without bias for who it will be.

You'd think people would cut that **** out considering how pissed Jon got regarding how people interpreted his tweets.
At this rate he's gonne shut down his Twitter account because people can sometimes be so consistent.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My opinion? People are looking way too deep into what Jon is saying, and that is exactly what he wants to avoid.

So maybe, you know, don't do that.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
My opinion? People are looking way too deep into what Jon is saying, and that is exactly what he wants to avoid.

So maybe, you know, don't do that.
I think Jon likes to hint stuff, but still deter attention away from being a confirmer.

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie

that title sure is something given his predictions. :thinking:
He is literally trolling you guys now and y’all still taking the bait. -_- the man has legit asked people to stop reading into his tweets prob got so annoyed with it he decided to show how gullible y’all are. Just wait two days.

D

Deleted member

He is literally trolling you guys now and y’all still taking the bait. -_- the man has legit asked people to stop reading into his tweets prob got so annoyed with it he decided to show how gullible y’all are. Just wait two days.
And I'm here waiting for the ticking hours just so I can start lplaying Les Mis.

But yeah, people tend to look waaaayyyy too deep.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
At this point I woudn't surprised that if Jon who knew who FP5 was, he's using his current prediction as a cover up for the real fighter considering how Smash fans constantly bug him.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That’s so petty, I love it.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm positive Jon's trolling at the moment.

Right now I'm also kind of doubting KOS-MOS, but that's more a gut feeling than anything. So with that said, I'm back to my own prediction from a week ago, no VGA reveal.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Did you even bother to read my other post where I said I don’t believe in it? I just said the timing is funny that’s all. No need to call me gullible.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Wait!

Is this what it's come to? Bandwagoning f***ing frogs now?!??! I don't understand the appeal, but

That's none of my business.
And they say it's not easy being green.
turns out jons tweet wasent a hint
After this whole leaker fiasco, it makes sense that Jon wouldn't hint a leak, plus you can never go wrong just listening to Xenoblade 2 music.
Just hand it over. Nice and easy.

View attachment 252042
Now why am I in the mood for frog legs?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm positive Jon's trolling at the moment.

Right now I'm also kind of doubting KOS-MOS, but that's more a gut feeling than anything. So with that said, I'm back to my own prediction from a week ago, no VGA reveal.
Lol he might be. He is a verified user on the forum I go on and people regularly ask him stuff there. Like the seals he posted etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom