• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait, please don't tell me people think KOS-MOS is likely because of that leak that has a Clock Tower remake.

Oh you poor, unfortunate souls.

D

Deleted member

Okay as someone who isn't really active on Smash Boards all to often, why does the Geno thread seem to treat Fatman in such high regard? Does he claim to have an inside source that tells him Geno is coming?
Seniority and that pretty much leads the Geno fans hopes in that their pick is likely.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have varying levels of indifference for all of these characters, so I honestly don't care which ones seem likely and which ones are said to be deconfirmed by Verge/Sabi.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So can someone provide a update about Sabi? They've been silent all day. Are they trying to see if any sources can disconfirm KOS-MOS?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hm, interesting situation with KOS-MOS, then. Big oof on Ammy and Phoenix being out, though. Gotta say though, I still have big doubts on KOS-MOS' chances, considering that all she has going for her is (unless I'm missing something) that 4chan text leak that might get disproven tomorrow.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Wait, please don't tell me people think KOS-MOS is likely because of that leak that has a Clock Tower remake.

It mentioning Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC is proof alone we should all completely disregard, there is no way Sony is letting a major console seller like that go multiplatform.

Seniority and that pretty much leads the Geno fans hopes in that their pick is likely.
Smash speculation does weird things to people.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
well,seeing as there´s a lot of people who like Kos-Mos. Why is this character beloved or wanted? I imagine that X-saga series has a good story at the very least?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Last year we had the Grinch.
This year it's TGA.
Will the 'leak cycle' repeat every year until the roster is complete?

RcS735

Smash Cadet
I'm probably going to regret this but I really don't think its Kos-Mos, I would love it to be her she seems cool but all the evidence is basically just leaks that haven't proven anything and some jack ass acting weird not really solid enough for me

D

Deleted member

I'm probably going to regret this but I really don't think its Kos-Mos, I would love it to be her she seems cool but all the evidence is basically just leaks that haven't proven anything and some jack ass acting weird not really solid enough for me
It could be all strokes of luck...

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Well there is something that is kind of "proof" about it: https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/tripcode/ !ylzaWxdjgA / take it with a grain of salt though but this same tripcode was backing KOS-MOS and making references to clock tower again cause he supposedly knows it is 100% coming.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'know... for as big of a Diddy Kong racing fan I am... this totally slipped my mind.

Make that the second 3rd party to have a canonical attachment to a 1st party franchise then.
I don't know if it really counts if they weren't third-party when it happened.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whatever happen next, if Verg or Sabi give a update that change completely what we thought about no. 5 before the reveal. I propose we call it autopsy report updated. Because dang it, even if Phoenix doesn't get in, we're going to end this saga like it started!

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
he didn't predict Death Stranding coming to PC, because we had known it was coming to PC for a long time.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10288004/kojima-productions-ps4-timed-exclusive-pc-release
This wasn't an industry secret or anything, we've know this since before we even saw the first footage of Death Stranding because Kojima was flat out mentioning it was a time exclusive when he signed on with Sony.

EDIT
This person also apparently claimed that BOTW would to PC at some point, so if anyone is chasing clout by posting made up rumors its him.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah you're gonna regret this. Now you're gonna get it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whatever happen next, if Verg or Sabi give a update that change completely what we thought about no. 5 before the reveal. I propose we call it autopsy report updated. Because dang it, even if Phoenix doesn't get in, we're going to end this saga like it started!
Prepare to write this in Smash history books, fam.

he didn't predict Death Stranding coming to PC, because we had known it was coming to PC for a long time.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10288004/kojima-productions-ps4-timed-exclusive-pc-release
This wasn't an industry secret or anything, we've know this since before we even saw the first footage of Death Stranding because Kojima was flat out mentioning it was a time exclusive when he signed on with Sony.

EDIT
This person also apparently claimed that BOTW would to PC at some point, so if anyone is chasing clout by posting made up rumors its him.
I see.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

EDIT
Yet the stuff is coming around TGA?? That’s odd as f.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I'm casting serious doubt on well,

Everything right now

It's like

"No Bamco."

"Okay but that means no KOS-MOS?"

"Wait KOS-MOS is Bamco oh ****?!"

It feels like he back tracked real odd there.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There's Kingdom Hearts DLC predictions, there the Horizon Zero Dawn PC port, there's um...SMT V stuff that's in the fridge for like, a couple of years, I think...
Les, girl, none of those things are gonna happen. Like, honestly, nothing about that leak looks plausible, and the kill date for the leak is the same date as the probable character reveal. There's no point in considering it.

Well there is something that is kind of "proof" about it: https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/tripcode/ !ylzaWxdjgA / take it with a grain of salt though but this same tripcode was backing KOS-MOS and making references to clock tower again cause he supposedly knows it is 100% coming.
I'm not following, did this person leak something that actually came true? Otherwise all the tripcode does is let us keep track of baseless claims.

Polan

Smash Lord

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Yet the stuff is coming around TGA?? That’s odd as f.
Just when E3 or a Nintendo direct is approaching, you have people chasing clout by posting bogus leaks on to the internet. Because its incredibly easy to go on to /v/ or something and make a bunch of random stuff up and see who takes the bait. Like I could do that right now and I bet at least one of you would take that bait.

Shroob

Sup?
apparently this dude has a shoddy record and DS's PC release was known for a while so dunno if i'm gonna go all in on this one.

after years of demand. reimu was barely talked about until a couple of months ago.
Joker, Terry, Hero

Our wants are basically just that, our wants. Look at characters like Isaac or Geno.

Sometime we get thrown a bone, like Ridley, Banjo or K.Rool, but if this DLC selection hasn't proven that Sakurai does what he wants, nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom