• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Before I highlighted your text so I could read it I was expecting you to say Miguel should be in over Heihachi...How is this a Resident Evil character?
Don't bother highlighting this. The pictures will explain that Carlos is basically Miguel in high definition.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
There are many reasons to want Marina in Smash. Not just to make me happy but also because it means getting some of the N64's wildest music in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That Machinima logo at the end hit me hard. It reminded me of my long-lost childhood spent watching stupid **** like that on old Youtube.

Where did those days go?
Smashtasm, Smash King, SMBZ, Bowser's Kingdom, Smash Kingdom, man those were the days. Getting old is part of the circle of life.

D

Deleted member

While we're on the topic of dead N64 mascots, does anybody remember Rocket Robot on Wheels?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There are many reasons to want Marina in Smash. Not just to make me happy but also because it means getting some of the N64's wildest music in Smash.

Don't talk to me until Komm Susser Tödd with the N64 soundfont is in Smash.

The fact that this exists will never cease to amaze me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well of we're on the topic of n64 songs, here's a forgotten classic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyone here ever played Goemon's Great Adventure?

It's literally the most underrated game on the N64. One of the very few side scrollers on the system as well as one of the few games that uses the D-Pad.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Goemon's Great Adventure and Goemon games in general have amazing music for example:

You wouldn't believe this music came from a N64 game, but the developers really push the system's music capabilities with the Goemon games.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Since we're doing random ass Nintendo 64 characters.

Oh god this game, I’ve actually played it.

It’s like a bootleg version of Mortal Kombat 4, which all things considered wasn’t that great in the first place. I remember one of the bosses being this Fat green guy that was nearly impossible to beat.
Anyone here ever played Goemon's Great Adventure?

It's literally the most underrated game on the N64. One of the very few side scrollers on the system as well as one of the few games that uses the D-Pad.
thats one of the only games I’m missing in my N64 collection, it’s kind of hard to find.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the topic of dead N64 mascots, does anybody remember Rocket Robot on Wheels?

Rocket is my #1 pipe dream, never-gonna-happen-in-a-trillion-years hopeful for Smash. Not even as a fighter, I'm just talking an Assist Trophy, Spirit, literally any representation of this little scamp.

D

Deleted member

The Pokérap but it features every character in Smash Ultimate and every character mentioned here.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing! Goemon's Great Adventure is one of the best side scrollers of all time in my opinion. It's EXTREMELY underrated.
I second this. It's a shame Goemon never achieved the success he deserves over here in the west, he's a ridiculously charming platforming mascot and GGA is an absolute gem. (I'm also still a little bitter that his Mii costume was so impossibly overshadowed by Sans ha poor guy just can't catch a break over here in the States)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Talking about Obscure N64 Mascots with great music, how can we not bring up THE ONE, THE ONLY,

B U C K
B U M B L E

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I second this. It's a shame Goemon never achieved the success he deserves over here in the west, he's a ridiculously charming platforming mascot and GGA is an absolute gem. (I'm also still a little bitter that his Mii costume was so impossibly overshadowed by Sans ha poor guy just can't catch a break over here in the States)
I'm still happy about Goemon getting something like a Mii costume in the game at all. :cry:

StormC

Smash Hero
What do you guys think are the chances that we may get two character reveals at the Game Awards (assuming there is a reveal there in the first place)? I'm going to guess a slim chance, but anything is possible.
Very low. Nintendo is not in any rush to reveal their characters.

They do double reveals at E3 because they have a Nintendo-exclusive stream.

D019

Smash Cadet
just asking, is the china switch speculation still valid?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2019/191204.html

Microsoft Translator

About the launch of Nintendo Switch in China "," Tencent, Inc. (Chinese name: Tengo Holdings Co., Ltd.) that we have an authorized distributor agreement in China; Headquarters: Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China) today announced that nintendo Switch will be released in China on December 10, 2019 with a suggested retail price of 2,099 yuan.
i doubt we have any kind of update to smash, just information.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2019/191204.html

i doubt we have any kind of update to smash, just information.
Looks like the December 10th rumors were true. Seems odd to announce this info a literal week before Launch.

SKX31

Smash Master
About that:

The Chinese presentation came and went. Don't worry, no mention of Smash even, so FP5 is still a waiting game. However, there are lots of interesting tidbits:

* Launch at December 10. Price at $300, Games at $42 (in line with regional standards), one year warranty. NSMBU is bundled in with its demo version. Rumors were pretty much true there. Physical carts will start shipping from February. Accessories and amiibo are also completely ready.

* The Chinese Switch supports grey market / international cartridges, though the online services are still a grey area and might be region locked. No comfirmation on that yet. This might be since China's transintioned into a cashless society (paid by mobile apps), and there's no clear solution for foreigners yet. This is still a clear cause for concern amongst the Chinese comments.

* While NSMBU is the only Switch title that will release on launch day, MK8DX and Odyssey are pre-order ready. Other first party titles officially announced include BOTW, Lets Go, Tennis Aces, Crafted World and Star Allies. Games must be approved prior to launch, which is the holdup.

* 16 third parties have confirmed that they're working to create official versions of their games. This includes Tencent's own NeXT Studios (Bladed Fury, Death Coming), SEGA, S-E, Konami, Ubisoft, Bamco, Level 5 etc. Ubi for example are working on an exclusive Rabbids game. Rabbids Invasion became China's most watched childrens' TV show last year, so that might be why.

*At least 20 Chinese indie games, which might be the most interesting tidbit for people here.

So yeah, when Smash comes into the picture it's going to be Post-Pass. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate's revealed / released there during 2020.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Can you imagine a midnight bliss Pikachu?

View attachment 249557

The horror.
Sadly, and I'm being completely honest here..they'd likely end up making Pikachu turn into the Pokékid from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum..Demitri is no stranger to turning some of his opponents into Lolis..creepy as it may be..

And developing that move would be a pain in the a** on a level even more excruciating than Kirby's copy abilities. Which is the reason why he literally never appears in crossovers in the first place and why Morrigan is the poster girl now (which is fine, it makes Darkstalkers pretty much the only Capcom franchise to be definitively represented by a female character in most crossovers, similar to how Samus is the only 1st Party female non avatar character to be the head representative of her series in Smash Bros. I'd still like to see Chun-Li as well if Morrigan gets in though.)
Same here..I'm hoping that Chun-Li could some day get in. Considering how supportive of Smash Capcom has been that Chun-Li could somehow get in (for that matter, with how supportive SNK was, I'd love to see Athena Asamiya).
Cross Edge, Namco X Capcom, both Project X Zones. Those are literally crossovers where he's playable, does not have his genderswapping Midnight Bliss as an attack and he even keeps his more vampiric form. So he has been in a crossover without genderswapping shenanigans, meaning that he doesn't need the genderswaps to be playable in a crossover.

This is why we need a new Darkstalkers game. If not one where Demitri doesn't need to have his genderswapping shenanigans. And yet somehow that's the real reason why we don't have a new Darkstalkers.
Yeah, I know he doesn't in those games, its for the same reason he doesn't appear in Crossover Fighters, too many sprites/models to redo..its a shame..still, for a game like Smash where attention to detail is such a big deal, I can't help but feel that Sakurai would want to include the gender swapping thing otherwise Midnight Bliss just wouldn't feel like itself.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
A brand new elaborate CG trailer, like Hero.
That brings up a fun game: What do you envision your favorite character's reveal trailer as the fifth fighter looking like.
It's funny. I've thought of trailers for Kevin Keene, Segata Sanshiro, Shantotto, and a few others, but I've never actually put much thought into how Elenor Camuel would be introduced.

I could see it being something where there's a group of fighters and their 'pets' (Rosalina with Luma, Olimar with Pikmin, Lucas with Boney, etc.) all just chilling out and having a good time, before someone (Ganondorf, Bowser, whatever) lands and blows them all away. As they move in to strike, a series of photon bullets drive them back, and Elenor wanders forward, giving a graceful bow.
Elenor
Has Joined the Party!
*Gameplay montage*
Cut back to everyone having fun again as the antagonist's battered body lies smoking in the corner.
Elenor sits in the center of the group while her MAG(s) dance around playfully.

Lisa's would be easier.
Just show a desolate battlefield where everyone is either down or running away as continuous gunfire is heard. As there's a slight pause in the action, it focuses on a scoped view aiming at one of the stragglers, before taking them down. Giddy laughter is heard as it cuts to a pair of feet approaching the fallen, yet conscious enemy. A rifle barrel is slowly pointed directly at them.
Cut up to Lisa's face with an extremely satisfied, wild look on it as you hear her pull the trigger.
Lisa
Gives it a Shot
*Gameplay montage*
More challengers begin to approach Lisa from behind.
She turns toward them, smiles madly and raises her gun.

Wanted to include her "De wa, de wa de wa!" into it, but I guess that can be saved for a taunt. >_>

If King Hippo actually made it at this point, and Kevin never does, I swear I'll
rant on the internet about the missed opportunity.

Last edited:

D019

Smash Cadet
About that:

The Chinese presentation came and went. Don't worry, no mention of Smash even, so FP5 is still a waiting game. However, there are lots of interesting tidbits:

* Launch at December 10. Price at $300, Games at $42 (in line with regional standards), one year warranty. NSMBU is bundled in with its demo version. Rumors were pretty much true there. Physical carts will start shipping from February. Accessories and amiibo are also completely ready.

* The Chinese Switch supports grey market / international cartridges, though the online services are still a grey area and might be region locked. No comfirmation on that yet. This might be since China's transintioned into a cashless society (paid by mobile apps), and there's no clear solution for foreigners yet. This is still a clear cause for concern amongst the Chinese comments.

* While NSMBU is the only Switch title that will release on launch day, MK8DX and Odyssey are pre-order ready. Other first party titles officially announced include BOTW, Lets Go, Tennis Aces, Crafted World and Star Allies. Games must be approved prior to launch, which is the holdup.

* 16 third parties have confirmed that they're working to create official versions of their games. This includes Tencent's own NeXT Studios (Bladed Fury, Death Coming), SEGA, S-E, Konami, Ubisoft, Bamco, Level 5 etc. Ubi for example are working on an exclusive Rabbids game. Rabbids Invasion became China's most watched childrens' TV show last year, so that might be why.

*At least 20 Chinese indie games, which might be the most interesting tidbit for people here.

So yeah, when Smash comes into the picture it's going to be Post-Pass. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate's revealed / released there during 2020.
i see, thank you.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sadly, and I'm being completely honest here..they'd likely end up making Pikachu turn into the Pokékid from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum..Demitri is no stranger to turning some of his opponents into Lolis..creepy as it may be..

Same here..I'm hoping that Chun-Li could some day get in. Considering how supportive of Smash Capcom has been that Chun-Li could somehow get in (for that matter, with how supportive SNK was, I'd love to see Athena Asamiya).

Yeah, I know he doesn't in those games, its for the same reason he doesn't appear in Crossover Fighters, too many sprites/models to redo..its a shame..still, for a game like Smash where attention to detail is such a big deal, I can't help but feel that Sakurai would want to include the gender swapping thing otherwise Midnight Bliss just wouldn't feel like itself.
I kinda have this funny mental image where midnight bliss would give characters genderswapped versions of themselves like Cutie Terry or crossdressed Joker but when Dimitri uses it on the Pokemon absolutely nothing happens because the only Pokemon in smash with a gender difference is Pikachu.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Really trying to avoid spoilers for FP5, and I happened to stumble upon Gamexplains video about Assist Trophies/Spirits in my recommended.

In that video, Jon was just speculating right? Ngl, any first party character to end the pass would be pretty anti climatic for me.

Also, imo, his arguments on why Rex would be likely for FP5 were very poor. Its one thing to have a Mii costume in the base game, its another to have your costume be sold alongside the purchase of the pass.

(Again, I’m REALLY trying to avoid leaks and rumors, so any clarification on this video would be nice.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom