• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Reminder for those who want or expect a first party/Switch rep: Keep your expectations in check. If Rex couldn't get in due to being too late, chances are, the same applies to other Switch reps as well :p

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also

C'mon dude you can't just post something like this and not follow up wtf
I said might, I haven’t figured it out yet. If I know... well hell you’ll probably know at the exact same time.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I know it's not him but maybe I won't have the chance for posting this tomorrow because of Vergeben
That being said, C'MON SOL. HEAVEN OR HELL

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Prince Euden, the Protagonist of Draglia Lost could be potential Nintendo (partially-)owned pick for character 5.

It's one I'm excited for, and one I know who has all the speculation berserk buttons. Anime, Swordsman, Dragon, Mobile game...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
DRUNK CAT LEAK IS DEAD
I can finally rest
Verge thought hero was fighter 1 and he was dead wrong. Now, there are fighters who aren’t in the pass. To me, Verge’s sources are accurate. To me, the sources are ridiculously overconfident. They are not the kind of the people who can win Sakurai’s untrustworthy game.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
As long as Capcom is alive I think it's reasonable to speculate that they are the company for FP5. However, it may be time (esp if they get disconfirmed) to reexamine the priors we hold about the fighter pass. Namely, that no company would ever have a second character and/or that all characters will be non-Nintendo.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I see people mentioning Sora and I feel like he'd make more sense to kick off a second fighters pass (assuming it's a pass rather than a bunch of standalones) rather than #5.

I didn't expect Namco to be deconfirmed by Vergeben entirely but here we are, I wonder what else he has in store for us.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Watch as Fighter #5 actually turns out to be ****ing Katalina from Granblue lol

If the character reveal has to be at the Game Awards, I could see one of these happening:

- Steve (It’d be funny if Vergeben turned out to actually be right about Minecraft content; not seeing it though since Microsoft’s already got Banjo in the pass)
- Kratos (Sony in Smash would be mind-blowing)
- Sora (Same as above, except replace Sony with Disney)

Not saying it has to be a big name character though; we could get blindsided with someone like Reimu (and I’m all for it). Whoever it is, I hope it remains a surprise until the actual reveal, but that’s looking unlikely. Also rip KOS-MOS for FP#5. Hope she has a shot at post-pass.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
2B would be such a huge crowd pleaser and unexpected dark horse like Joker.

Reimu would be the niche pick that caters towards a specific crowd, like Terry.

Sora would blow everyone's freaking minds and would officially make me believe NIntendo really can make whatever the heck they want happen.

Ultimately, I'm putting more stock into Verge's deconfirmations than sabi's. Not ruling out Sabi, but let's just say I'm putting only about 60% trust in what they say, whereas with Verge, I give about 80%.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I see people mentioning Sora and I feel like he'd make more sense to kick off a second fighters pass (assuming it's a pass rather than a bunch of standalones) rather than #5.

I didn't expect Namco to be deconfirmed by Vergeben entirely but here we are, I wonder what else he has in store for us.
But who would make more sense to be shown at The Game Awards? Sora? Or Phoenix?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I’m gonna go ahead and guess that FP5 is Jonesy or whatever the Fortnite guy is called.
If not him it’s either Phoenix Wright or Sol Badguy.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Watch as Fighter #5 actually turns out to be ****ing Katalina from Granblue lol.
I can dig it. Less into Granblue than its contemporaries and less into Katalina than other Granblue possibilities, but still a more interesting outcome than one of the big names.

If they want to throw something to China though, Azur Lane is the way to go, though I'd prefer Kantai Collection...

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 DLC ended with a character from a game that was widely disliked at the time and a character majority of Smash fans were unfamiliar with

"They have to be BIG!" for the Game Awards is pointless speculation in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

I know This is completely unrelated but I've been looking for this reaction image for months and I'm glad someone posted it.
I have a folder full of Nagatoro reaction images and I always look for an opportunity to use one
I've gotten to use a few tonight so I'd say I'm on a roll right now

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Watch as Fighter #5 actually turns out to be ****ing Katalina from Granblue lol

If the character reveal has to be at the Game Awards, I could see one of these happening:

- Steve (It’d be funny if Vergeben turned out to actually be right about Minecraft content; not seeing it though since Microsoft’s already got Banjo in the pass)
- Kratos (Sony in Smash would be mind-blowing)
- Sora (Same as above, except replace Sony with Disney)
- Scorpion (We all think it’s impossible due to Mortal Kombat being banned in Japan, so it’d catch a lot of people off guard)

Not saying it has to be a big name character though; we could get blindsided with someone like Reimu (and I’m all for it). Whoever it is, I hope it remains a surprise until the actual reveal, but that’s looking unlikely. Also rip KOS-MOS for FP#5. Hope she has a shot at post-pass.
That whole Granblue thing never did come to roost did it?

Think we all wrote it off as crossed wires from the Granblue fighting game.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I know it's not him but maybe I won't have the chance for posting this tomorrow because of Vergeben
That being said, C'MON SOL. HEAVEN OR HELL

LET IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!
It's amazing how far he has come despite the deconfirmations of many of the frontrunners. Rooting for you guys!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Verge disconfirmed Namco for fighter #5, sure, but he didn't say anything about Monolith Soft.

KOS-MOS still has a chance, boys!

Ivander

Smash Legend
It will probably be a character sabi and verge deconfirmed in my opinion
Considering what happened last year when Verge mentioned that a Square character would be shown and we got Joker first instead, anything is possible.

And yes, I know Hero was still in. That's not my point. I'm just saying, a "Say hello to my buddy Shulk"Robin/Lucina scenario is always a possible outcome. Let's wait and see who is actually revealed.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Namco and Nintendo probably trolled him. They got him to say “Minecraft content is coming!” and embarrassed him a CONFIRMED character. He is a monkey to them.
so regarding namco there's this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I knew Verge was potentially trolled the moment he said Namco. Look at the lack of Namco miis, listen to how Sakurai describes his interactions with Namco in the Pac-Man discussion, and Verge’s misinformation. They are prepared for this ****, they’ve likely gotten better at it.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I legitimately don't think Sakurai or Nintendo cares who is "worthy" to be shown off at the TGAs. If they want to throw Captain Rainbow up there on the big screen, they'll do it.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
But who says the next fighter will even be revealed there? And who knows, it might even be a double reveal. Honestly at this point people are making assumptions but nothing is certain. And I'm fine with anything as long as they don't make us wait until next year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom