• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't know why some people mention 2B. I truly doubt Square will get 2 characters in the pass. If she has a chance for FP5, the same goes for characters like Master Chief, Sakura, Kiryu, Kyo Kusanagi or a Metal Slug rep.

About Namco and Level 5 being deconfirmed, that's a big update. FP5 could be anyone at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom is the next deconfirmation.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I was rewatching the Terry trailer earlier today, I just caught that one of the scenes in it is a reference to the Krauser fight in the Fatal Fury 2 OVA.

This is why Sakurai is amazing and frankly us godless heathens don't deserve him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Damn, some of y'all are really spiteful.

Sittin' there, rubbin' your hands together like "oh man i can't wait for FP5 to be someone other than [insert highly speculated character here] so everyone can see just how wrong they were!!!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, let's see who's still in the running, in no particular order:
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Sol Badguy
  • Sakura (Sakura Wars)
  • Sora
  • Edelgard or Byleth
  • Reimu
  • Dovahkin
  • Ameterasu
  • Pepsiman
  • Steve
...Anyone else I'm missing?
Sony rep notably Kratos, Grand Theft Auto rep and John Marston/Arthur Morgan.

Can't let our guard down again given:ultjoker:and:ult_terry:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Sittin' there, rubbin' your hands together like "oh man i can't wait for FP5 to be someone other than [insert highly speculated character here] so everyone can see just how wrong they were!!!"
I won't lie.
I'm not guilty of exactly this. But I'm having the guilty pleasure to see everything getting deconfirmed like a bad B-movie slasher.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Wait, what? Oh God, oh f***. Layton?! My baby boyyyyyyyyy!!!!

There's always next Dlc cycle but goddamnit. This hit too close to home.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

TBH I don't care if it's a speculated character or not. I just want someone fun and cool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... Cooking Mama is still in the running?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The idea of Sora being announced at TGAs to pull an equal or even greater hype effect as Joker sounds too good to be true, yet also like a logical conclusion.

These are gonna be crazy twelve days of waiting.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Byleth/Edelgard supporters, it's time to follow Dimitri's advice: do not mock the fallen, instead honour them on the battlefield.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm REAAAAAAAAALY starting to feel Sakura now ngl.

If not her than Sora or Sol but tbh the ones really on my mind in terms of competition were Lloyd and Chosen Undead.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty positive this fanbase is gonna get Bayonetta'd once again.

This will be great.
It's funny because if Bayonetta was to be revealed now, people would probably be into it.

It's just a little different when you've been lead to believe you'll receive a more desired, perhaps less contentious fan pick, maybe even more than one - and then you get Corrin and Bayo.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine how people would react if Nintendo's big Game Awards reveal wound up being that Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the fifth DLC character for Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I don’t want to be one of those downers or “hype responsibly” people but I do want to remind that Reggie’s new worlds comment still holds true, even if FE is an anthology and don’t intertwine with each other. It is still highly represented in Smash which rules them out IMO. I do think Astral Chain or a different Nintendo IP has a higher chance now, just not FE or Pokemon for this last FP character.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Even though I would like Phoenix Wright a part of me wants to see Capcom disconfirmed just to watch everything burn to the ground.

zferolie

Smash Hero
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Sol Badguy
  • Sakura (Sakura Wars)
  • Sora
  • Edelgard or Byleth
  • Reimu
  • Dovahkin
  • Ameterasu
  • Pepsiman
  • Steve
I really don't recall anyone saying spirits are not the FP5. Not Sabi or Verge though. If thats the case maybe Shantae?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The idea of Sora being announced at TGAs to pull an equal or even greater hype effect as Joker sounds too good to be true, yet also like a logical conclusion.

I'm just glad I've got that Mega Man event in Dragalia Lost to keep me occupied.

Hmm.... You don't think Euden could be the last fighter perhaps?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I like seeing a dumpster fire.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Or 7 or less given next week is the first year anniversary.

D

Deleted member

So... uh, Fighter 5 might be Sora...

Holy ****.
No...

NOOOOOOO!!!!

How well has that worked out for you in the history of Smash? Just because one unexpected thing happened doesn't mean another can't be right behind it.

For you and everyone else (especially those already celebrating Phoenix), don't fall into the same speculation trap everyone falls in. Don't count your eggs before they hatch. This speculation cycle has been a wild ass ride and it's only going to be wilder from here on out.
Mate I don't really give a **** if I'm wrong. I have fun speculating the possibilities and what I believe might happen, even if it's a load of crap.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really don't recall anyone saying spirits are not the FP5. Not Sabi or Verge though. If thats the case maybe Shantae?
Nothing confirmed outside of knowing the pass characters were decided before the game went Gold so it's unlikely.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
They probably think it’s Reimu, but Nintendo and Namco are likely laughing at the leakers/sources for gathering the supposed “fighter #5”. Sakurai’s odd discussion with Namco on Pac-Man could be an example of misleading information. Those discussions probably had a huge influence of the bouncy nature of the leaks. There is no critical accuracy as no one thinks outside of the box, basically playing Sakurai’s game of “troll lol lol!” What weirds me out the most is how no one pays attention to any mii line ups. Honestly, the mii line ups are the way to discover the fighter in the pass. Has any leaker looked for them?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Sora makes enough sense, I suppose. I just can't see Sakurai double dipping into any company twice. I mean, there's no hard rule confirming this for sure, but I just have a gut feeling.

Same thing with possible Sega reps. As much as I'd love and would want Kiryu, I just can't shake the feeling that Sega getting a second Fighter's Pass character would be strange.

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
Unconfirmed characters that may be possible:

sora
phoenix
Reimu
monster hunter
playstation fighter (Kratos)
Arle
steve
Akira (Astral Chain)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm now 99% sure Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo is Fighter 5. I've had a suspicion it might be her since around Terry's reveal, there are a ton of weird coincidences and paterns her inclusion would solve. And now that all the frontrunners dropping dead, her lack of disconfirmation makes me even more sure.

As for the remaining 1%: .75% Mr. Skyrim, and .25% is Phoenix (this .25% contains the last shred of hope for the FP).

D

Deleted member

That's how it's been since the early days though. Some people really just get off on being right and stroking their egos over video game characters
I don't like it either but it's nothing new

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix Wright...has a chance!

Not getting carried away but hot damn

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For all of you saying "everyone celebrating phoenix is getting way too ahead of themselves, can't wait to see your dreams crash and burn when capcom is deconfirmed!!!" just know I'm not actually operating under the assumption that Phoenix is the only likely candidate left.

I just like ****posting about my most wanted, it makes me feel better about their chances.

KillerCage

Smash Master
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Sol Badguy
  • Sakura (Sakura Wars)
  • Sora
  • Edelgard or Byleth
  • Reimu
  • Dovahkin
  • Ameterasu
  • Pepsiman
  • Steve
You forgot Ragna!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

It's not so much about being spiteful. I hate to quote Pushdustin, but "hype responsibly". Too many people here and elsewhere are taking this news as a soft confirmation, celebrating wildly that X is the most likely now.

There's still a vast pool of thousands of different characters it could be and just because X character is popular doesn't mean they are likely.

It's funny because if Bayonetta was to be revealed now, people would probably be into it.

It's just a little different when you've been lead to believe you'll receive a more desired, perhaps less contentious fan pick, maybe even more than one - and then you get Corrin and Bayo.
While you're probably right, in context, I'm using it as a metaphor for the reastion then, not what it would be now.

D

Deleted member

For the record, I haven't been serious about a character getting in since Erdrick and Banjo getting leaked. Make no mistake, anything can happen...

But I'm leaning on Capcom and Nintendo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For all of you saying "everyone celebrating phoenix is getting way too ahead of themselves, can't wait to see your dreams crash and burn when capcom is deconfirmed!!!" just know I'm not actually operating under the assumption that Phoenix is the only likely candidate left.

I just like ****posting about my most wanted, it makes me feel better about their chances.
That's probably the best way to go about it.

If disconfirmed, it was a poop post so nothing lost.
If confirmed, bask in the glow of your own smug.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Arle Nadja is the reason I came back to Smashboards, so that would be cool.

Phoenix, Sora, Arle, any other Capcom rep, Sol Badguy, Reimu, another Sega rep...

If it's Nintendo I'm thinking Akira Howard, Elma (I can dream), or a Three Houses rep have a real shot. This is some crazy ****.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Personally, I think I can afford to get beyond excited at the possibility of Phoenix Wright being Fighter 5, because we know for a fact that more DLC characters are coming. If Wright isn't Fighter 5? Oh well, there's always Fighter 6!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Isn't that just what everyone does?

I guess it's just that since we're in the Endgame and we keep getting Thanos Snap happens this weeks right as we start talking about X Characters only to have it deconfirmed shortly after makes me laugh.

Not in a mean bad way, just in a timing comedy way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom