• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright, Arle Nadja, Reimu, Dovahkiin, 2B in a shocker, Kazuma Kiryu...still plenty of possible picks.

D

Deleted member

The best part of this is that nobody will ever bring up the ****ing cat leak again
Seriously that **** lived on way longer than it had any right to

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Kinda funny verge would go against Sabi's wishes of not disconfirming things anymore but that's just me. We'll see. do they even share the same source?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Please, for the love of god, let my stroke of death streak cease with Phoenix Wright. Let the lawyer win.

I-I mean, P E P S I M A N.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’all are sleeping on Gooball from World of Goo.

Kinda funny verge would go against Sabi's wishes of not disconfirming things anymore but that's just me. We'll see. do they even share the same source?
Didn’t Sabi just want to stop doing it himself? I don’t think he’d care if Vergeben continues.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Hopefully it is a Capcom character, because if that's deconfirmed next either Vergeben is lying, Sabi is lying, or both of them are lying, or maybe it means we're getting
CJ FROM GTA BABY LET'S GOOO!!!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
No. I don't think they share the same source. Verge has his own that he's spoken of before.

My predictions are Capcom or Nintendo. With the Resident Evil spirits, probably Capcom.
Always expect the unexpected.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hopefully it is a Capcom character, because if that's deconfirmed next either Vergeben is lying, Sabi is lying, or both of them are lying, or maybe it means we're getting
CJ FROM GTA BABY LET'S GOOO!!!
Is it wrong that I actually kinda want this?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Assuming no double dipping from previous companies, this really only leaves Capcom, Bethesda, and Nintendo. I'm also starting to consider Sony a viable option, given how thin the field is getting.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Arle and Reimu would be my bets with Verg's recent statements. That said, I'd love to see Kazuma in Smash if only because those Tekken fans asking for him to be in 7 would be having a good laugh out of the irony.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Assuming no double dipping from previous companies, this really only leaves Capcom, Bethesda, and Nintendo. I'm also starting to consider Sony a viable option, given how thin the field is getting.
Did Verg or Sabi also deconfirm Arc System Works?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Namco out, frag it already. The next fighter will be a Resident Evil rep, spirits are just bait.
Or the whole leak thing is wrong, eh.

D

Deleted member

calling it now:

SURPRISE NINTENDO CHARACTER
Watch as it ends up being Waluigi
Like I am in no way humoring him of having even a ghost of a chance, but it would be hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
That's one of the two companies everyone was betting on, was it not? Everyone was dead-set that it had to be either Bandai-Namco or Capcom?

Sad as I am to see Layton deconfirmed, things are getting pretty interesting... really excited to see if it ends up being one of my favorite Capcom characters...

...Or if it ends up being a total dark horse that nobody saw coming. :)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't imagine how people would react if Nintendo's big Game Awards reveal wound up being that Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the fifth DLC character for Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
UPDATED CASUALTY LIST FOR FP #5:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Nippon Ichi rep
  • Resident Evil rep (RIP Leon and Jill)
  • Falcom rep
  • Ubisoft rep
  • Level-5 (RIP Layton and Jibanyan)
  • Bandai-Namco (RIP KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Heihachi, Jin Kazama, and others from the company)
Speculation has taken a HUGE turn and I'm eager to know who the winner is.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, Sol Badguy doesn't sound like a bad idea, but Ragna would be really curious to see if only because it'd be the first time a BlazBlue character appears as a 3D model rather than a sprite (or at least, as far as fighting games are concerned, not too familiarized with the spin-off).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can't imagine how people would react if Nintendo's big Game Awards reveal wound up being that Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the fifth DLC character for Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Joke's on you, I'd be fine with that too.

SKX31

Smash Master
Koei's still in there, because of Dynasty Warriors and Dead or Alive.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
This is honestly my guess at this point. He's one of the most likely Nintendo candidates in a vacuum and easily brings along the new stage, spirits, and music necessary to have a full pack. Plus, most of the competition is either dead in the water (Namco, Ubisoft, Sega and Square if you don't believe in double dipping in the Fighter's Pass), harmed from having major options deconfirmed (Capcom and Bethasda), or are a long shot (Arc System Works, Sony).

Koei's still in there, because of Dynasty Warriors and Dead or Alive.
Koei could happen, but losing Ryu Hayabusa as an option really hurts them. You'd figured they'd want to go for their mascot as their first pick, but weirder things have happened.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd be hyped.

Three Houses is some pretty good ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom