• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If there's one thing KOS-MOS needs to bring with her should she make it, it's Our Xenopittan.

(Likewise, if Haruka makes it in, the Town Theme should be incorporated in some way)

I want my meme music, Bamco.

Edit: As far as Pac-Man goes, I've said it before, but while Ms. Pac-Man is more recognizable, Baby Pac-Man would be the more interesting get since they could give him some pinball-centric moves.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Another reason why I hope we get some first-parties is because I think it'll be a while before the next Smash game, so a ton of games will come out between that time. Characters from games like Three Houses or Sword and Shield only have a small window of time before they get replaced with something new, so it's now or never for them.

Astral Chain should be fine though since it doesn't have a character on the roster yet.
Ya know, I'm hoping that even if 3H/AC/SwSh get spirit boards, they'll be saved for future DLC. Like, maybe just have their fighter spirit be their Ultimate render or something, I don't know. I just realized that if PP REALLY is the last first party character we have, we probably will be coming out the DLC woods without a single Nintendo rep from the Switch, lol. Another odd omission.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Any news?
I don't know what is going on right now.
We haven't heard more deconfirmations yet today, so I don't think you've missed anything major. Otherwise the discussions today have been about potential FP 5 reveal dates, something about more potential first parties as DLC, a recent conversation about Sakura from Sakura Wars possibly coming to Smash, and perhaps more that I don't remember.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Point's that Waddle Dee is the one people know, not the guy people ask for Smash, and neither are the first-party characters discussed here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if we'll get an Smash/Nintendo Direct next week announcing FP5 given next Saturday is Ultimate's first year anniversary.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ya know, I'm hoping that even if 3H/AC/SwSh get spirit boards, they'll be saved for future DLC. Like, maybe just have their fighter spirit be their Ultimate render or something, I don't know. I just realized that if PP REALLY is the last first party character we have, we probably will be coming out the DLC woods without a single Nintendo rep from the Switch, lol. Another odd omission.
They could always just tack on the Spirits from Spirit Boards to the DLC, kinda like how they did with Tockles. Some Spirits could even share the same name, just like Mewtwo and Lucas's trophies in Smash 4.

But yeah, Incineroar, Joker, and technically Hero being the newest fighters doesn't sit right with me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Point's that Waddle Dee is the one people know, not the guy people ask for Smash, and neither are the first-party characters discussed here.
Now I'm imagining a Waddle Dee putting on and taking off a bandana over and over, constantly alternating between being recognizable and a literally who.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if we'll get an Smash/Nintendo Direct next week announcing FP5 given next Saturday is Ultimate's first year anniversary.
Well even without a Game Awards spot they'll want to reveal the character soon as all the Little Timmys/Tammys will be getting their Switch Lites for Christmas and Smash with the full fighter pass will be atop a lot of lists.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Umm... I don't think that's possible:cry:
You see that shooting star at the end of it?
Segata lives on.
He will one day return to preach the virtues of the Saturn once again.

Or... Well, he kind of already has since Project X Zone is a thing...

Edit: That video seems to have cut off the ending... There's actually a shooting star. >_>

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Literally everyone who has touched a Kirby game since 2010 knows who Bandana Dee is. Is like calling Captain Toad unrecognizable when he's everywhere in the Mario games now.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Sakura Wars, can someone give me a brief rundown about the series and who Sakura is, as I'm not very familiar with the character and series? Heard she is a potential dark horse for the FP #5 spot.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
People keeping sleeping on next week as a potential date for a Fighter 5 reveal, and I really don't know why.

Granted, the Game Awards could have a Smash announcement, but if anything, I think it could more likely be the first post-Pass character.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People keeping sleeping on next week as a potential date for a Fighter 5 reveal, and I really don't know why.

Granted, the Game Awards could have a Smash announcement, but if anything, I think it could more likely be the first post-Pass character.
Sakurai is under contract to not announce the start of any new passes until the Game Awards.

This presents a problem in 2020, when Geoff announces that the Game Awards have been cancelled.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
When it comes to gamers themselves, I’m pretty sure most Nintendo characters are gonna be recognizable if they’ve appeared in extremely popular games or multiple of them in a series. I’m sure Bandana Dee falls under this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I read also something about no Smash news being announced at the VGA or am I mistaking that for something else?

That's what this friend of my friend told me when I was out at Wacky's today with them hence the possibility of FP5 being announced next week.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh, yes. I guess it's because it'd be a nice bookend to Joker kicking off the FP, so I can understand where the thinking comes from. Still:

Whether it's a Nintendo Direct at the 7th or thereabouts, or that Chinese presentation wildcard, it's far from settled where it'll be IMO. Either - but especially the latter - would catch a lot of people off guard.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Vergeben ruled out Namco and Level-5.

Yeah I think it's Phoenix or Sakura, with leaning on the latter.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix...

phoenix-confident(a).gif

Win.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of Sakura Wars, can someone give me a brief rundown about the series and who Sakura is, as I'm not very familiar with the character and series? Heard she is a potential dark horse for the FP #5 spot.
The Sakura wars series is a dating sim/Strategy RPG series that was one of Sega's biggest IP's in the 90's, Sakura was pretty much their mascot in the time between Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic adventure.

The series takes place in an alternate 1920's setting where steampunk was a heavy part of the setting. Sakura herself works for the government and poses as a member of a theater troupe during the day, she's an anime sword fighter who also pilots a mech when demons spawn in the city, where her, Ichiro and the rest of the team pilot mech in strategy RPG gameplay.

The battle system is similar to that of Valkiria chronicles or Codename steam if you've played either of those.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm still shaky on the knowledge of the character and series since I've never had a chance to play it, but basically Sakura Shinguji is basically the protagonist of Sakura Wars she's a master Swordfighter skilled enough to cut water droplets in two.

As for the series it's basically an anime dating sim/magical girl/Mecha suit/Samurai in a Steampunk era type game.

Edit: Ow *feels shuriken* N-ninja'd *falls*

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It not being Bandai-Namco is a huge shocker.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up...but there are so many amazing picks it could still be...

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
The Sakura wars series is a dating sim/Strategy RPG series that was one of Sega's biggest IP's in the 90's, Sakura was pretty much their mascot in the time between Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic adventure.

The series takes place in an alternate 1920's setting where steampunk was a heavy part of the setting. Sakura herself works for the government and poses as a member of a theater troupe during the day, she's an anime sword fighter who also pilots a mech when demons spawn in the city, where her, Ichiro and the rest of the team pilot mech in strategy RPG gameplay.

The battle system is similar to that of Valkiria chronicles or Codename steam if you've played either of those.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to look up videos to get myself familiar with the character. Seems like a pretty fun character to play as if she's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom