• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah dang it, here I was going to post that link

I don’t think Dante will be FP5 if he’s in though. Probably the opener of Season 2.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Let's talk about color theory again. Has Vergeben deconfirmed Tracer as fighter #5 yet? Cuz' i think she's a strong contender right now: still not deconfirmed, represents the orange color very well + is a female character, something we haven't got in the fighters pass yet. Which other "orange color" related characters we could bring to the possibility table (aside from Crash and Gordon, of course) if the color theory is actually accurate?
The only other character that work with Color Theory (at this moment in time) is Agumon.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's too late for Ultimate and Idk if this has been mentioned before, but Black Shadow from F-Zero needs to replace the current Ganondorf's role and New Ganondorf should be completely reworked to be his own damn character.
It has been mentioned before, that exact thing, by me, a hundred times.

I think Phantom Ganon covers all the bases. He's part beast. He has a trident. He rides a horse. He's dead. He's a wizard. He's a spirit. Give him a sword so that he can dual wield and some Calamity inspired s*** and you have it all.
No. Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. With trident.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord

I don’t think Dante will be FP5 if he’s in though. Probably the opener of Season 2.
Pretty much this. They wouldn't end off with Dante, unless the opener for season 2 ends up being even bigger (in order to sell the pass) and in terms of characters, Dante is ridiculously popular so he would be a ridiculously hard character to top unless they decide to put in characters like Dovahkiin, Sora, etc.

Also Sabi/Fatmanonice literally told us nothing again. Everyone thought that Dante was likely for a LONG time, and they didn't even signify if he's character 5 or coming in the post-pass.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Really makes you :thinksumi:
more like it really makes you :sleepsumi: gottem.

Okay but fr I wouldn't be upset with Dante he'd be cool and he could have a fun moveset even though he's not my most wanted character nor in my top 20-25 I think they could do something interesting with Dante.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll take Dante. Hurts Phoenix's chances but DMC and Dante are pretty cool
Phoenix is my most wanted Capcom character, but Dante was a close second, so I'll still accept this.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Didn't even wish for Dante as I didn't think he was possible. But if he's a possible option, then I'm all for it. DMCV is my game of the year.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How surprising not really for me

But hey! DMC3/DMC4 or DMC5 designs? That is the real question And whoever who say DmC:DMC will get reported for bad taste, even if I get warned back for useless warning

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I have no problems with Dante. That said, it is weird DMC getting in before it's better know franchise it almost spun off from.

Leakers still don't know anything though.

Last edited:

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
Just had this weird bug. Was playing online arenas. I switched stages from KoF to Kongo Jungle, but the arena stayed the same and the music was D.K. music. Pretty humorous juxtaposition, but has anyone else had this experience?

Droodle

Smash Lord
This just in:

Smash fanbase is excited that a really likely character is stated to be "really likely to get in" by a known leaker.

More news at 11.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet

I’d have to agree, I doubt he’s FP5. Reminds me of when Ultimate was first shown at E3 Microsoft said they would be okay with Banjo being in smash, which basically deconfirmed him from the starting roster. To my memory Capcom said something similar around the time of DLC.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Not a fan of it, but I could definitely see it happening post-pass.

Would prefer pretty much anyone else from Capcom, though, so I'm personally hoping it's fake.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm still betting on a Resident Evil character being #5, but imagine how crazy it would be if they showed of an RE character at the game awards and then immediately after that showed a quick teaser for Dante as the first post-Fighters Pass character. I don't know if I could physically handle two badass Capcom characters being revealed at the same time and I might just ascend if that were to happen.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Is it finally gonna happen? Is Smash Ultimate gonna pick up the slack from the Project X Zone games and finally give us Dante vs. Bayonetta?

And whoever who say DmC:DMC will get reported for bad taste, even if I get warned back for useless warning
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if DmC Dante ends up being one of his alts. Capcom had no problem giving Dante in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite an alt costume based on his DmC counterpart (despite definitely knowing how controversial the game was with Devil May Cry fans by that point), and Sakurai also doesn't seem to have a problem with referencing unpopular games (it's not overt, but Banjo-Kazooie and their stage have a couple nods to Nuts & Bolts).

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
While Leon and Monster Hunter are my two most wanted Capcom characters I'm cool with Dante's inclusion, especially since we would finally get Dante vs Bayonetta. With that said, this isn't exactly a confirmation on Dante, it simply says a character that was already likely is likely. I'm still sticking with my prediction that fighter five is a Resident Evil rep.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
While I havent played any DMC, Dante as #5 at the VGAs would be an atomic bomb of hype

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
How i would structure a first party pass???

1-Three houses, Xenoblade or Pokemon Sword Shield rep: legacy but succesful franchise with strong switch presence (Edelgard, Claude, Dimitry, Byleth, Rilabloom, Zacian, Zamasenta, Elma, Rex, etc...)
2- New Zelda character: Biggest series with little representation, Personally i would put it from BOTW or BOTW2, but at least something zelda (Mipha, Urbosa, Kass, Tingle, Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, Vaati, Ganon etc...)
3- Smash Bubble character. A fan favorite from the smash community (Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie, etc...)
4- Character from an decently important nintendo franchise currently unrepped. (Rythm heaven, Advance wars, Golden sun?, Sin and punishment)
5- Character from a new nintendo switch franchise (Astral chain, ARMS, Ring adventures, etc...)

My personal picks?
1-Edelgard
2-Kass
3-Isaac
4-Rythm heaven Girl
5-Min Min

Alternative:

Switch Isaac for dixie and Mipha for Kass and call it super smash sisters :p

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
While Leon and Monster Hunter are my two most wanted Capcom characters I'm cool with Dante's inclusion, especially since we would finally get Dante vs Bayonetta. With that said, this isn't exactly a confirmation on Dante, it simply says a character that was already likely is likely. I'm still sticking with my prediction that fighter five is a Resident Evil rep.
Plot twist: What the leakers saw wasn't actually Dante... it was Monster Hunter with a Devil May Cry costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom