• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Style Savvy rep
Elma
Officer Howard
Ayumi Tachibana (or Ashley Mizuki Robbins)
Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)

Honorary mention goes to Sami (Advance Wars), Mach Rider, Ray MK (Custom Robo), Jill Dozer, (K)achi (Sin and Punishment), Anna (Fire Emblem), Ribbon Girl (or any ARMS rep), Medusa, Krystal, Isaac, and Phosphora (if they decide to upgrade), Ring Fit Trainer, and every Fitness Boxing Instructor (but especially Laura):

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to make a Nintendo only pass, Waluigi(made up moves like Captain Falcon), Jody Summer, Pandora , and Adeline would be guaranteed
Robot Kit is an honourable mention because I like transformers and also Twintelle

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
My list.

1: Rex/Pyra (No timing problems anymore)
2: Astral Chain protagonist (Looks cool and my sister likes the game)
3: Byleth (Three houses was great and has unique potential)
4: Geno (Y Not)
5: Ayumi Tachibana (Leftover character from Melee)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so uh
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The only question is how close...

Night Gale

Smash Ace
It's too late for Ultimate and Idk if this has been mentioned before, but Black Shadow from F-Zero needs to replace the current Ganondorf's role and New Ganondorf should be completely reworked to be his own damn character.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
If I knew deconfirmed characters counted, I would have written my Nintendo Pass list a long time ago.

SKX31

Smash Master
Probably VGA. Even then, it doesn't promise a Smash announcement.
Yeah, it really feels like the other two options are too much of wildcards to even say. Still, we have a likely 5 day window when it becomes clearer:

Dec. 7: Ultimate's One Year Anniversary
Dec. 10: Rumored date for the Chinese Switch release (looks wonky now, but not gonna count it out). Might have a presentation before that, perhaps with a worldwide counterpart depending on the upcoming games.
Dec. 12: VGA

Also, TIL Super Mario Galaxy HD exists on the Nvidia Shield! But only in China. No really:

Also, feels weird that the countdown (It feels like one when the hashtag reads "Evolution of the Mario games") skips over Sunshine completely. Even saw a Chinese comment pointing it out with a "Why?". Still, we might see either NSMBU or Odyssey by Friday, and I'm guessing that's (or close after that) when they'll reveal any launch plans or presentations.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm going to stick with the idea that we'll get a Smash Mini Direct on December 7th where Sakurai will reveal some bonus Mii Costumes, talk about the future of DLC (Fighter Pass 2), and end off with a full trailer of DLC 5 to be released in January 2020.

Then at TGA we get a huge reveal that rivals the popularity of Joker, in order to sell pass 2. No gameplay is shown off, and the character is revealed to come in March/April 2020.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm going to stick with the idea that we'll get a Smash Mini Direct on December 7th where Sakurai will reveal some bonus Mii Costumes, talk about the future of DLC (Fighter Pass 2), and end off with a full trailer of DLC 5 to be released in January 2020.

Then at TGA we get a huge reveal that rivals the popularity of Joker, in order to sell pass 2. No gameplay is shown off, and the character is revealed to come in March/April 2020.
I'm still of the mind it'll be a wait for January but I do have a theory
Namely that before Christmas, they'll reveal Fighter Pass 2 and launch the pre-orders with either a mii costume or an Echo fighter as a buy in bonus.

Droodle

Smash Lord
How often do they do mini Directs?
By Mini Direct, I meant more of a Smash-Exclusive Direct.

I know that Smash 4 ended with a Smash-exclusive direct. The last "game" exclusive direct that I remember was XC 2 back in November 2017. I was surprised there was no FE:TH exclusive direct, but I guess it makes sense as the game had a good bit more gameplay shown off.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
By Mini Direct, I meant more of a Smash-Exclusive Direct.

I know that Smash 4 ended with a Smash-exclusive direct. The last "game" exclusive direct that I remember was XC 2 back in November 2017. I was surprised there was no FE:TH exclusive direct, but I guess it makes sense as the game had a good bit more gameplay shown off.
The last game exclusive direct was Super Mario Maker 2 this summer.

KatKit

Smash Lord
imagine though, how funny it would be if like. Someone hacked into the playlist and leaked the private video they’ve been hiding since after Terry lmaooooooo
I love how you're the only one who brings that up, but seriously... what was that all about? Why was that uploaded? What's taking them so long? How come nobody else cares? So many questions. All we want is the truuuuuth!

It's too late for Ultimate and Idk if this has been mentioned before, but Black Shadow from F-Zero needs to replace the current Ganondorf's role and New Ganondorf should be completely reworked to be his own damn character.
Make Black Shadow a Falcon/Ganon clone, but also give him some original attacks that use his horns or something. THEN revise Ganondorf to be his own thing, but also let him keep some of his signature attacks (e.g. that Spartan kick tilt). Everybody wins.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Why Krystal in particular? If my 5th character was a character like Sylux (who's from a series that already had two newcomers this game and is an unimportant character in general within his series), Porky (who's from a series that already has more than enough for what it is), or another Pokemon (a series that already had a net gain of 4 characters within Ultimate alone), then I could understand wanting to remove those characters and replacing them with an Advance Wars or Rhythm Heaven rep (which are both series that I really want to get a rep as well). But Star Fox hasn't gotten a newcomer since Brawl, I don't think they would be overrepresented with Krystal compared to if some of the other series got new unique reps like Mother, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario, etc. Why don't you go after the lists that include newcomers to those series, because those are far more unbalanced than my list.
Hey, don't get it personally. I picked your list because it was one of the first I saw and because it was close to something I would like. I didn't go for those list with Porky, Edelgard and Gardevoir because that wouldn't make sense to say "hey, your list is good to me, but just replace your first, second, third and fourth picks".
And Krystal only because Star Fox is lucky enough with three characters for a serie that was in stand-by for such a long time, and because she has no more relevancy. Don't get me wrong either on this one, I have nothing personnal toward Krystal, I like her design and skills. What's the most problematic is the really close gameplay of all three Star Fox characters, they should have go with her instead of Wolf of Falco for more originality.

Maybe you didn't see, but that was two different lists, for different purposes.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's been mentioned before, and while I agree, it's never happening at this rate. Ganondorf got his Spaceworld 2000 tech demo sword which is the closest he's ever getting to being canonical.

Do the next best thing and start supporting Ganon, as in his demon pig form from the 2D games like ALttP, instead. That character would have a completely unique moveset using Ganon's magical abilities in addition to his trident, and be the first heavyweight fighter with a teleport.

Edit: I agree that Black Shadow should be playable regardless. Maybe give him Ganondorf's Melee moveset with some of the bull horn attacks KatKit mentioned, as an Echo Fighter or Dr. Mario-style clone of Captain Falcon. Though I think Samurai Goroh or Jody Summer should get in as well.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
My bet for the VGA reveal is either Dante or a Resident Evil rep.....

.....BUT GIVE US THE CHIEF OR DOOMSLAYER!

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
"I wonder what this says..."
*Sees blue font*
*Keeps scrolling*
(JK I liked your post. But seriously change your font to a color people can read without having to put their nose through their phone.)

cothero

Smash Lord
Let's talk about color theory again. Has Vergeben deconfirmed Tracer as fighter #5 yet? Cuz' i think she's a strong contender right now: still not deconfirmed, represents the orange color very well + is a female character, something we haven't got in the fighters pass yet. Which other "orange color" related characters we could bring to the possibility table (aside from Crash and Gordon, of course) if the color theory is actually accurate?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let's talk about color theory again. Has Vergeben deconfirmed Tracer as fighter #5 yet? Cuz' i think she's a strong contender right now: still not deconfirmed, represents the orange color very well + is a female character, something we haven't got in the fighters pass yet. Which other "orange color" related characters we could bring to the possibility table (aside from Crash and Gordon, of course) if the color theory is actually accurate?
Not Vergeben, but a NoA source close to Sabi deconfirmed Tracer for 5

imo Crash actually would not be a good choice for Orange as he’d blend in too well, his BODY is orange. The characters have to pop out if possible. Joker does, Banjo does, Terry does. Hero’s lavender background seems a bit muted though as the lavender is close to the same lavender on his outfit.

I guess I should also mention though: Orange is Bandai Namco’s signature color. Much like how Joker’s deep red fits cause it’s the Persona 5 signature color, Banjo’s Gold is the same gold as the Rare logo, and SNK’s color is a sky blue.

Orange COULD also fit Doom Slayer but he was already stated to not be FP5 so...

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
My Nintendo Pass
1. Dixie Kong
2. Rex and Pyhra
3. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
4. Porky
5. Captain Toad

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't remember if anyone said no explicitly but I do know Jeff Kaplin talked about Overwatch in Smash as if Nintendo hadn't yet reached out. But business is all about lying through your teeth for the sake of the NDA so who knows.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nintendo Pass:

1. Toad
2. Porky Minch
3. Bandana Dee
4. Skull Kid
5. Isaac

I’m not counting Geno since he’s owned by Square despite that being some weird copyright and you’d think Nintendo would’ve been the ones to get the rights since he was created for the Mario franchise and nothing else.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This showed up in my recommended list for some reason but it's intresting to see where public opinion lay back when we only knew about Joker.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Black Shadow replacing Ganondorf's moveset is an idea I've seen brought up ad nauseum, almost as often as Pokemon Trainer-style Majora's Mask Link.
It's not a bad idea, but for variations sake, I would like to see Samurai Goroh as a candidate for the Falcondorf moveset instead, seeing as Goroh is supposed to be Captain Falcon's rival, him having more significance via assist trophies and the Melee intro, and the Falcondorf moveset now incorporating a sword.
I'd also like to see Gerudo Ganondorf and Pig Ganon as separate characters, but that's a different can of worms.

D

Deleted member

I like how people act as if Ganon is still just a clone of CF, and that his moveset hasn't changed over the past three games.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
My take on a Nintendo-only Fighters Pass...
  1. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
  2. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
  3. Excitebiker (Excite Series)
  4. Sceptile (Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald)
  5. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
  6. BONUS CHARACTER - Waluigi

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I like how people act as if Ganon is still just a clone of CF, and that his moveset hasn't changed over the past three games.
its interesting because now ppl want black shadow to bee added w old ganondorfs moveset. seems perfect to me tbh

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I mean, I'm just saying.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I think Phantom Ganon covers all the bases. He's part beast. He has a trident. He rides a horse. He's dead. He's a wizard. He's a spirit. Give him a sword so that he can dual wield and some Calamity inspired s*** and you have it all.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Yo who started the Nintendo Pass thingy? Please link? Anyways, Imma do my list.
  1. Isaac
  2. Krystal
  3. Byleth
  4. Porky
  5. Kat & Ana

• Sora
  • Sol Badguy
  • Travis
  • Arle
  • Rabbids
  • K0s-M0s
  • DIABLO guy
  • RE guy
  • Dante
  • Arthur
  • OBJECTION!
  • Amaterasu
  • SONY guy
  • Marco Rossi/METAL SLUG guy

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Really makes you :thinksumi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom