• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Honestly this has reminded me how much I would like another Mii Fighter class. Like, that demon head would be cool as a warlock, shooting flames or dark magic, and it is still weird to me seeing Ashley and Viridi...not use magic.

D

Deleted member

Don’t lose hope, this is only one battle lost, the war for a female fighter isn’t over yet, don’t give up.
I've given up. I have nothing.

Geez, from deep outrage to just...being so done with everything life has to offer.

Stages of depression, isn't it?

Did Sabi or Verge tell anything?

D

Deleted member

The fact that it's apparently near-impossible to make custom Mii outfits from scratch is what makes me lean towards real
It could obviously always be fake but I'm not sure someone with that level of technical know-how would bother with using that skill to just make a fake to stir the pot

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Whether this leaks gets confirmed or busted, I vote we call it the Mallowdemon Leak.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
If all you care about in a character is for them to be inclusive to so-and-so, then I question whether or not your heart is actually in it in the first place. I'm all for someone wanting whoever to be in if they think they would bring in something cool to the game (whether a gimmick, a cool moveset that looks awesome to play as, they just fit in really well, etc.) but wanting someone in just for the sake of it leads into ways of thinking that are unhealthy for everyone.
I want the Smash dlc to be inclusive to female characters because I prefer playing female characters and there's a lot of potential options for female characters that would really excite me. Based on that, since you're so wise maybe you can tell me if my "heart" is truly in it.

D

Deleted member

So, it's saying that Ken's ****ing Shoryu was nerfed in this upcoming patch? Uh, **** you, Sakurai! No amount of characters can make up for this idiocy. We storm your house at midnight!!

/s
*tries to chuckle but fails*

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You're all partying.

I'm here contemplating life.
Well I can see where you're coming from because I won't lie to you, I felt similarly to you back in November 1st. I don't take disappointment very well either.

I really wanted Banjo & Kazooie back then and the Grinch Leak really gave me hope. Two characters I thought would never have the chance to shine in Nintendo's biggest fighting game ever and I was really pumped up. The more people delved into that Grinch Leak the more convincing it looked, no one could debunk it, even with that legit image of Ken and I was so excited for that Nintendo direct to happen...

But then it turned out to be fake and we got Ken and Incineroar instead and my heart sank when I saw Incineroar drop into that ring. I felt like it was over and the direct itself felt padded on with features not even worth talking about. A lot of people had their character deconfirmed as well, it was a dark, dark time for those people, especially when Piranha Plant came at a time everyone was grieving for their favourite characters. Even with the announcement of the Fighters Pass, I felt like they would just be Nintendo shill picks that would only be used to advertise their new games. With the "leaks" that Steve may be coming to Smash Bros, it felt all the more obvious that the Bear and Bird duo were gone and I'd never see them again in another game... ever.

But then, E3 2019 happened...

So what I'm trying to tell you is, if this leak confirms Doom Guy as Fighter number 5, let the fighters pass go! When the Fighters Pass came around, I just had to learn to let the Base Roster go. A female character isn't only good for the Fighters Pass because a Woman is too good for it! The fighters pass isn't important anymore and in fact a lot more people are more interested in the additional DLC where there plenty of opportunities to get everyone's favourite characters in and as of now, there is no limit! You should fight for the additional DLC because people are losing interest in the Fighters Pass so for that, take solace in that now your character will be more important than the final character of the fighters pass! For the additional DLC, everyone will have their eyes on it while people will move on quickly from Doom Guy once he's announced.

Know that now that a Female representative may arrive in the future if everyone makes their voice heard for their favourite female character. Once a Female character appears in the additional DLC, you'll be wondering what you were even worried about. So get yourself cheered up because all is not lost yet! If you need any help getting a Female DLC character into Smash, I'm always happy to help even if I myself don't have interest in the character!

I don't know if this will make you feel better but hopefully this gives you some hope! :^)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
As convincing as this leak looks, I'm still being cautious about it. The Rayman Leak (Smash 3DS/WiiU DLC era) and the Grinch Leak (pre-Ultimate launch era) should've taught us that that skilled/crafty individuals with the right tools can make fake leaks look very convincing and appear authentic. People should be even more cautious with leaks now. Not to sound like I'm trying to be negative here, but I don't want to commit to the leak and say "it's real, Geno and Doom Slayer are 100% coming". Hope for the best. Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

@Lesley Black Velvet
It's a bit early to dismiss the possibility of future post-Fighters Pass female fighters and give up. We don't know how many more DLC fighters are coming beyond FP#5. We just have a vague "more fighters are coming!", so it'll be 2 at minimum, but it'll be likely be more than that. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game of all time, with 15.71 million copies sold as of the 30th September. Previously the title was held by Street Fighter II, which sold 15.5 million units (and that had multiple versions released since 1991). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is also currently the second best selling game on the Nintendo Switch (#1 is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which has had 19.01 million copies sold to date). Nintendo will probably want to support this game for as long as possible, and Sakurai already said he wants to continue to add as many characters as he can. I'm sure there's going to be at least one female fighter or two that might be added in the future.

Shroob

Sup?
On one hand that seems like a smoking gun for deconfirmation
On the other hand, it's a dev build so it could mean anything
Wouldn't that be the exact opposite?

It'd confirm that the game's being played on a build that's not the current game's build, meaning it's not just a quick edit of the game we currently have.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Wouldn't that be the exact opposite?

It'd confirm that the game's being played on a build that's not the current game's build, meaning it's not just a quick edit of the game we currently have.
True, but I'm gonna wait for more info from Sabi/Verge/whoever

Shroob

Sup?
As convincing as this leak looks, I'm still being cautious about it. The Rayman Leak (Smash 3DS/WiiU DLC era) and the Grinch Leak (pre-Ultimate launch era) should've taught us that that skilled/crafty individuals with the right tools can make fake leaks look very convincing and appear authentic. People should be even more cautious with leaks now. Not to sound like I'm trying to be negative here, but I don't want to commit to the leak and say "it's real, Geno and Doom Slayer are 100% coming". Hope for the best. Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

@Lesley Black Velvet
It's a bit early to dismiss the possibility of future post-Fighters Pass female fighters and give up. We don't know how many more DLC fighters are coming beyond FP#5. We just have a vague "more fighters are coming!", so it'll be 2 at minimum, but it'll be likely be more than that. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game of all time, with 15.71 million copies sold as of the 30th September. Previously the title was held by Street Fighter II, which sold 15.5 million units (and that had multiple versions released since 1991). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is also currently the second best selling game on the Nintendo Switch (#1 is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which has had 19.01 million copies sold to date). Nintendo will probably want to support this game for as long as possible, and Sakurai already said he wants to continue to add as many characters as he can. I'm sure there's going to be at least one female fighter or two that might be added in the future.
I mean, as others have pointed out, this doesn't even necessarily mean characters.

If these are meant to come out with Terry, then that kinda kills the chances for both characters right there.

It's way too up in the air right now.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
How many ****ing time sdo you want to hear from me. I have no hope with the DLC. No aboslute hope. Nothing. I HAVE NOTHIGN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?! I HAVE NOTHING LEFT.

Remember. Bayonetta was the last character (along with female Corrin).
So we're right on track.

D

Deleted member

Remember. Bayonetta was the last character (along with female Corrin).
So we're right on track.
The same cannot be said of right now...,.,

If there's one last hope...PLEASE BE A FEMALE CHARACTER.....

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I mean, as others have pointed out, this doesn't even necessarily mean characters.

If these are meant to come out with Terry, then that kinda kills the chances for both characters right there.

It's way too up in the air right now.
Yeah, not to mention that (depending on the timezone) it's pretty damn late in the night so it's better to be well rested to think about this rather than groggy as hell and running on 2 cups of cherry coke and some Banana Split Ice Cream

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I empathize with wanting to see more female characters even if it's not a mantle I've taken up, but for those going on about failed efforts and whatnot, you do understand that there are unrevealed characters that were chosen before the female movement even began gaining ground, right? I mean we have at least one unknown character decided over a year ago, and this female DLC crowd is still very very new in terms of Smash subgroups.

Take it from someone who's been a part of this a long time, a woman who's been part of this a long time (not that that really matters)... expecting results after only a couple months isn't how things work... especially when there's a plan that predates your own.

It's a valiant cause, but you can't throw up your hands at the first or second instance of your efforts having not birthed results.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I’m just happy that the “they’re already a spirit” can now officially be put to rest. Not gonna lie, I was genuinely worried that Sakurai would be crazy enough to not allow popular characters to be in just because they added a png from their wiki page into a low-effort event mode. It was something I wouldn’t have put past him.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m just happy that the “they’re already a spirit” can now officially be put to rest. Not gonna lie, I was genuinely worried that Sakurai would be crazy enough to not allow popular characters to be in just because they added a png from their wiki page into a low-effort event mode. It was something I wouldn’t have put past him.
I mean, putting the cart before the horse, my dude.

It's best to not jump to conclusions, that's how you hit your head on the ceiling.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The character needs to get in first before we start going on about "Spirits don't deconfirm"

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just hope the Mii costumes are for playable Doom Guy and Geno and not just for Terry because that would suck.

D

Deleted member

I empathize with wanting to see more female characters even if it's not a mantle I've taken up, but for those going on about failed efforts and whatnot, you do understand that there are unrevealed characters that were chosen before the female movement even began gaining ground, right? I mean we have at least one unknown character decided over a year ago, and this female DLC crowd is still very very new in terms of Smash subgroups.

Take it from someone who's been a part of this a long time, a woman who's been part of this a long time (not that that really matters)... expecting results after only a couple months isn't how things work... especially when there's a plan that predates your own.

It's a valiant cause, but you can't throw up your hands at the first or second instance of your efforts having not birthed results.
I'm just so pessimistic right now that I have no hopes for that...

I just...I just...nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom