• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Seems like no one wants to talk with me or mourn with me anymore.

Blinded by joy and ignoring the sorrowful. That's the world for me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My guess is less issues with model size and more accounting for things like the hair and model clipping (I'm not an expert in modding)
mii hair already just clips straight through stuff like the vampire outfit so even in base game stuff it's never been a concern

Shroob

Sup?

There's nothing else we can say.

We've tried consoling you but you don't want it, and trust me, people have poured their heart out to you trying to get you to feel better, but if you don't want to smile, we can't force you, only you can do that...

So... what do you want us to do? Just, focus on you and only you?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apologies if this has already been posted:

download (1).png

The footage is apparently from an unreleased build of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's nothing else we can say.

We've tried consoling you but you don't want it, and trust me, people have poured their heart out to you trying to get you to feel better, but if you don't want to smile, we can't force you, only you can do that...

So... what do you want us to do? Just, focus on you and only you?
I'm trying to want it but...what you're saying is to leave what I started alone? To tell me that I have no hope. That my wants will never make it in. that this game will forever be stained into my heart as an irreparable mess.

Just...try talking to me.

Just let these leaks be given proper treatment I can finally decide whether to be utterly disappointed or not.

you all think I'm pushing you all away from me.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm trying to want it but...what you're saying is to leave what I started alone? To tell me that I have no hope. That my wants will never make it in. that this game will forever be stained into my heart as an irreparable mess.

Just...try talking to me.

Just let these leaks be given proper treatment I can finally decide whether to be utterly disappointed or not.

you all think I'm pushing you all away from me.
I'm going to be straight with you.

Look at how miserable you are making yourself over this.

Is this really worth it?

At the end of the day, it's just a video game, Smash is not this special, life-changing thing, it's a video game.

I'm not saying to not fight or believe in what you believe in, I'm not saying to give up, but there's a difference between giving up and letting go. You've done nothing but let this dictate your mood all night, and it's clear that it has a very unhealthy grip on you.

If female representation in Smash brothers is literally driving you to commit suicide, which you threatened not once, but twice, then just

Let it go, it is not healthy for you. Don't let your beliefs go, let Smash go.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I mean, putting the cart before the horse, my dude.

It's best to not jump to conclusions, that's how you hit your head on the ceiling.
The character needs to get in first before we start going on about "Spirits don't deconfirm"
The only way I'm getting ahead of myself is in assuming they don't explicity make Geno the only spirit who is upgraded to playable status.
Aside from that... we're just straight up being shown gameplay footage here. What more could possibly be up for debate?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gameplay footage is irrefutable evidence, everybody knows this

now holy **** do i got a leak for you

Shroob

Sup?
The only way I'm getting ahead of myself is in assuming they don't explicity make Geno the only spirit who is upgraded to playable status.
Aside from that... we're just straight up being shown gameplay footage here. What more could possibly be up for debate?
They're Mii costumes.

You're instantly assuming that Mii Costumes lead to playable characters.

I don't see Frisk as being playable despite Sans being in.

This month was when Doom Eternal was meant to come out, for all we know, Cacodemon could just be a Mii Costume with a song, it's way too ****ing early to say "CONFIRMED"

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be straight with you.

Look at how miserable you are making yourself over this.

Is this really worth it?

At the end of the day, it's just a video game, Smash is not this special, life-changing thing, it's a video game.

I'm not saying to not fight or believe in what you believe in, I'm not saying to give up, but there's a difference between giving up and letting go. You've done nothing but let this dictate your mood all night, and it's clear that it has a very unhealthy grip on you.

If female representation in Smash brothers is literally driving you to commit suicide, which you threatened not once, but twice, then just

Let it go, it is not healthy for you. Don't let your beliefs go, let Smash go.
SMASH influenced my college course.

SMASH influenced my future.

I'm not letting go. This game dictated my lifestyle. Every day, when I get stressed, all I did was practice my mains. Then I wanted someone new, a female. A girl I can relate with. A woman I can associate myself with.

And all of this...I just want a new true female character that's easy to ask for.

I'm not letting it go. Not only did it bring me to college, it brought me to the FGC.

This is a game I loved.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That doesn't mean they're a lock yet, nothing is confirmed until it's officially announced.

Shroob

Sup?

I'm not letting go. This game dictated my lifestyle. Every day, when I get stressed, all I did was practice my mains. Then I wanted someone new, a female. A girl I can relate with. A woman I can associate myself with.

And all of this...I just want a new true female character that's easy to ask for.

I'm not letting it go. Not only did it bring me to college, it brought me to the FGC.

This is a game I loved.
Then you've made your choice to be miserable.

Sometimes, you can't have your cake and eat it to.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but, that's just reality.

This isn't the end of DLC, but you're deciding to throw your hands up in defeat and, if you've given up, then the only person who can make you get back up is, well, you.

D

Deleted member

gameplay footage is irrefutable evidence, everybody knows this

now holy **** do i got a leak for you

I would be way more inclined to believe that it was just mods if modders weren't coming out and saying "nah dude this **** is really ****ing hard"
That combined with stuff that indicates it's an unreleased patch gives it a lot to stand on

D

Deleted member

I would be way more inclined to believe that it was just mods if modders weren't coming out and saying "nah dude this **** is really ****ing hard"
That combined with stuff that indicates it's an unreleased patch gives it a lot to stand on
IT's kinda...hard to say at this point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@Lesley Black Velvet
Look, its not that I don't know how you feel.

All I want is to see at least two characters be at least acknowledged in Smash, playable or not, and even that seems to be a daunting task...

But please don't let what is essentially just a videogame stress you out too much, if you need a break to clear your mind, please do so. DLC has essentially only just begun and who knows what we might see down the road.

That's just my two cent's on that, I'm sure we will be seeing at least a few females added sooner or later.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
@Lesley Black Velvet Yo i've been watching things and i just felt the need to get this off my chest, and i do genuinely apologize in advance for anything i say as i'm not the best at tact or sugar coating my words, but with that said

If you need or are able to have some time off the forums, i would strongly recommend taking it
you're giving yourself so much stress and anguish over this one video game

There's gotta be a better way to air yourself out a bit than to mope around about not having another female character in Smash, and by quote-tagging people for seemingly no other reason than to mope around about it (especially if it's coming to all-caps yelling at people and cursing them out)

It is not Sakurai's job to add specific characters or types of characters just to satisfy singular persons and groups, and he doesn't owe anything to anyone except his own development team, his employing company and various other companies that he's collaborating with at the current times
and additionally, these characters were already chosen for the game MONTHS before any specific movement to get their character or archetype into the game were set in stone <or at least before the ones formed after launch/Joker>

Now, i DO NOT mean this as saying "don't bother wishing or asking for anything" or that this current pass being predetermined should mean you can just give up on what you want out of this game
Plenty of people have had their most wanted characters turned down time and time again, even as early as the first time someone wondered about who might get into Smash Bros. 2/Melee, whether it's about getting more female characters or those of a certain background or skin tone or their childhood video game hero or even just someone that they thought would have a fun and interesting playstyle for game variety's sake

As i am just a random dude, i absolutely have not lived with the specific issues and hardships with getting representation that also measures up to a certain standard, and i probably won't know any more on it than the average joe
please understand however that i do wish you the absolute best in whatever sort of fight you're in, whether it's over feminism or personal depression or any sort of issue

What i AM saying is that your own health is far bigger and more important than any fighting game regardless of its quality or scale
take some time off Smashboards, go hang out with friends, do a family game night, watch some movies, have a nice holiday dinner within the coming weeks and months
if you alone can't fight off what is ailing you, let your family or friends know, or get into contact with someone that can help if even they aren't available

you've said that for one reason or another you won't be able to enjoy Smash within a certain time frame, and while that sucks that you can't participate within that time, that can be the perfect time to see that you are doing good, you're healthy, all those good mushy mush feeling type things

don't let this stupid cartoon action brawler video game run your life better than your own abilities

-------------

NOW WITH THAT ALLLLLLLLLL IN MIND, i wanted to go ahead with the leak talk and say
the hats feel like they're too well done, and that ken's balancing is too different, for this to be a fake, although i will concede that i can't say with 100% certainty
but we can't say for sure that this necessarily points towards Doom Guy or Geno as being playable characters, as these could simply be new Mii cosmetics being added to Terry's update, or that they are coming with a completely unrelated 5th Pass challenger

so i'm on team real, but only in the context of the hats themselves
i want to wait for any potential information before deciding on giving the characters a verdict

not only that, but assuming that these are real, the hats being part of terry's update means that he himself is SUPER DUPER CLOSE OH MY GOSH, so there's at least that to look forward to even aside of everything

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?

In that case...

There goes my last speck of hope.
You really need to take a step back here. These are just two Mii costumes, nothing more, nothing less. By themselves, they confirm only their existance, and nothing else. Even if they are real, this doesn't mean that Shooty MacGunface is inevitable, just like Geno isn't inevitable. For all we know, there could be a Geno Mii costume to go along with that Mellow Mii hat, and the demon Mii hat could be the only form of Doom DLC we're gonna get. At this point, everything's just far too uncertain to make any conclusive statements.
And if these Mii hats imply just what everyone else here is already concluding they do - so what? It's not like there's going to be just one post-pass fighter, like others here already said.
You need to distract yourself. Go for a walk, play a non-Smash game you enjoy, watch something you like. Just something to get your mind of this.

D

Deleted member

Then you've made your choice to be miserable.

Sometimes, you can't have your cake and eat it to.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but, that's just reality.

This isn't the end of DLC, but you're deciding to throw your hands up in defeat and, if you've given up, then the only person who can make you get back up is, well, you.
Being miserable was never my choice. Misery made me do it. And I have nothing to control it.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should give up.

Just hoping that I get a new laptop this year so I can finally get Tekken 7. At least everything is better there; the representation, though not balanced, is ideal enough. Also, I'm getting Blazblue Central fiction.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?

That's not to be unexpected, that's just common sense. If you're so gullible over Mii costumes you would've said Frisk was a lock for Fighter 5.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

You really need to take a step back here. These are just two Mii costumes, nothing more, nothing less. By themselves, they confirm only their existance, and nothing else. Even if they are real, this doesn't mean that Shooty MacGunface is inevitable, just like Geno isn't inevitable. For all we know, there could be a Geno Mii costume to go along with that Mellow Mii hat, and the demon Mii hat could be the only form of Doom DLC we're gonna get. At this point, everything's just far too uncertain to make any conclusive statements.
And if these Mii hats imply just what everyone else here is already concluding they do - so what? It's not like there's going to be just one post-pass fighter, like others here already said.
You need to distract yourself. Go for a walk, play a non-Smash game you enjoy, watch something you like. Just something to get your mind of this.
Yeah, FP5 is still an unknown at this point

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm also a little confused at why mii hats would apparently have been playtested etc. to such an extent as to be able to leak out

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

We've tried telling you multiple times putting this much emotion into a piece of DLC that costs the as a meal from McDonald's isn't healthy for you and that there still is hope for your DLC picks and while its easy to see why Nintendo and Sakurai made these picks for the fighters pass. But you keep putting your head in the sand and refuse to listen to reason and seemingly try to downplay others happiness from this leak since this is a good sign for what are probably the two most requested characters at the moment are getting in. So a lot of us are just ready to move on since we've basically said to you what needed to be said and there is not much else we can say.

Hell we've shouldn't even be taking any DLC we get for granted since there is a high chance at least most of them will be cut for the next game along with some of the base characters, so lets just enjoy what we get now because there is no way Nintendo and Sakurai can top this with the next game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm also a little confused at why mii hats would apparently have been playtested etc. to such an extent as to be able to leak out
Probably for footage. They always have gameplay footage during those reels in Directs.

Also probably because they knew it would cause a riot. Play smart, not hard. He could've easily popped Terry in if it's real, but the fact that Terry isn't shown makes the speculation crowd go wild. Therefore, your leak would get more clicks from its ambiguity.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Probably for footage. They always have gameplay footage during those reels in Directs.

Also probably because they knew it would cause a riot.
didn't sakurai say in famitsu though that all trailer footage is done internally

Shroob

Sup?
Crackpot theory but, maybe they weren't actually playtested?

If, and this is a huge if since I have my doubts, this is Ken leaker, him just firing up a game with something that a lot of people would find dull(Mii hats) would fit his MO.

Like, he's the guy who leaked Ken of all characters.

I doubt it's the same dude, but leaking something that's kinda boring in of itself is in the spirit of Ken leaker.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...**** it all.

****. I gotta leave the school now.

That...I don;t know. I don;t want to disappoint the other here. ****.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From what i understand, it's either a buff to the 'up-b' version or a nerf to the 'true' version. Basically, the Shoryu in the clip is stronger than a up-b but weaker than the 'true'.
probably the latter

if regular shoryu is buffed why bother using the inputs

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

This is a game I loved.
Isn't it a little reductive to suggest a woman can relate to any other woman simply because they are women?
Being female isn't a personality trait.

Hell I relate to Wario more than Wii Fit Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom