• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What happened now? Leaks? Of actual playable characters ?
I'm not gonna be going wild until that man shows Terry footage. However, I doubt he has the balls to show it, real or not. :secretkpop:

If you're not a boomer, you know Doomguy and Geno are big talks atm. If you have some type of information that's remotely tied to them, you can **** around and see what happens. If anything, this feels like ****s and giggles being thrown at people.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No playable characters, just a couple mii costumes and possibly Ken's Shoryuken getting a slight nerf
Ken's shoryu needed a nerf but I'll miss the jank. Hopefully they don't touch Ryu's shoryuken either, this was all Ken's jank.

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?
While Geno I could see being reduced back down to a Mii costume and released alongside Mallow (and Smithy if that costume leak is anything to go by), I'd be quite shocked to see that the cacodemon made it in without a Bethesda rep. I mean, if there was like 4/5 costumes from Beth/Id I would find it more believable, things like Skyrim armors, Fallout clothes, Doomslayer armor, etc, then that would make sense. It would still seem a little odd going to such a large publisher and only grabbing some Mii outfits from them rather than inserting one of their characters into the roster but at the same time, I can't say it would be surprising seeing as Bandai Namco (who help made SSBU) only has Pac-man as their rep and Ubisoft having nothing despite the Mario v Rabbids title so who knows. I'm still waiting for an official reveal or insider confirm before I fully jump on the hype train.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah cacodemon ain't making it in without either doomguy or (much less likely) another bethesda rep like dovahkiin as an actual fighter

D

Deleted member

I just woke up and saw the leak implying Doom Slayer being FP5.

What a way to spice up speculation this month. Although Doom Slayer is 1 of the most predictable characters for the Fighter Pass (at least in the Smash community that is), it's thrilling to see something that looks believable than nearly everything that comes out of 4chan.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah cacodemon ain't making it in without either doomguy or (much less likely) another bethesda rep like dovahkiin as an actual fighter
those are bold words, brother

i heavily disagree, but we'll both sit back and see what happens.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Isn't it a little reductive to suggest a woman can relate to any other woman simply because they are women?
Being female isn't a personality trait.

Hell I relate to Wario more than Wii Fit Trainer.
Women don't fart, silly! It's science!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?
No other answer but this, "My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

Sans made it in without Frisk and it could be argued that the Cacodemon is more popular than the Doom Guy himself. Saying that as much as I would love Doom Guy to be in.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I identify most with...
Err... Ganondorf because we both have beards.
Oh wait. They're not using the Twilight Princess version anymore? ****!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
sure but that just makes cacodemon the slime hat to the less popular but still iconic main character

or something
yes but it's still possible to have the hat with no doomguy

never doubt possibilities

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
sure but that just makes cacodemon the slime hat to the less popular but still iconic main character

or something
My mind says that the Mii costumes could just be for Terry but my heart says Doom Guy for Fighter #5 and Geno for Fighter #6.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Just hoping that I get a new laptop this year so I can finally get Tekken 7. At least everything is better there; the representation, though not balanced, is ideal enough. Also, I'm getting Blazblue Central fiction.
Blazblue is great for a lot reasons (story, music, gameplay, etc.).

With that being said, I recommend Under Night In-birth Exe: Late[st] (or UNIST for short). UNIST is accessible and fun. It has a balanced roster in every meaning of the word. Chronologically, it's still the first game in the series (although it's an update of an older one), so you'll be able to keep track of the story from the very beginning, unlike Central Fiction.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Blazblue is great for a lot reasons (story, music, gameplay, etc.).

With that being said, I recommend Under Night In-birth Exe: Late[st] (or UNIST for short). UNIST is accessible and fun. It has a balanced roster in every meaning of the word. Chronologically, it's still the first game in the series (although it's an update of an older one), so you'll be able to keep track of the story from the very beginning, unlike Central Fiction.

I've heard everything about UNiST. Heard it has a balanced ratio. Definitely one of my bigger picks to retreat to should I do so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Initial gladness followed by immeasurable disappointment.
I'm just waiting for the Porky reveal. At this point I'm the only one holding onto the Porky theory. Mostly because I have nothing to lose, I already got Terry.

It'd definitely be cool to totally call it after being told I'm wrong several times. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

I'm just waiting for the Porky reveal. At this point I'm the only one holding onto the Porky theory. Mostly because I have nothing to lose, I already got Terry.

It'd definitely be cool to totally call it after being told I'm wrong several times. :nifty:
Kudos to you then.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
If the leak is true, good, DOOM (2016) is 2nd my favorite FPS so it'll be nice to see DOOM content in Smash and Geno fans will be SOOO happy so good for them.
But I do think is a bit odd there isn't a Capcom/Bamco rep, yet.
Still, as always keeping expectations in check, not trusuting anything since the Grinch hoax.

D

Deleted member

If the leak is true, good, DOOM (2016) is 2nd my favorite FPS so it'll be nice to see DOOM content in Smash and Geno fans will be SOOO happy so good for them.
But I do think is a bit odd there isn't a Capcom/Bamco rep, yet.
Still, as always keeping expectations in check, not trusuting anything since the Grinch hoax.
Still holding on to the Bamco rep tho. If there is any ****ing hope left in my heart.

I just can't post anything original.

Leak or not, this leak was enough to break me on an emotional level.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still holding on to the Bamco rep tho. If there is any ****ing hope left in my heart.

I just can't post anything original.

Leak or not, this leak was enough to break me on an emotional level.
Can't be worse than the death threats Omni got over Rayman.

D

Deleted member

Why do you have to go away?

There’s no need to be so upset in regards to videogames, more so when you said earlier that your day had a decent start with those exams you passed.

Besides, there will be more DLC outside the Fighter Pass.
I told this a bajillion times, I have no faith in future DLC.

This is starting to get me in circles...and I hate it.

View attachment 244900

Yo can you chill the **** out?
I can't. I just can't.

D

Deleted member

I told this a bajillion times, I have no faith in future DLC.

This is starting to get me in circles...and I hate it.

I can't. I just can't.
You should consider that some people are starting to see Kasumi from P5R possible for the non-pass DLC.

So it is possible not everything is lost.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
My immeasurable disappointment...great. Just as bad as yours.
Indeed, I dislike this situation just as much as you, but not much we can do about it. Just means we have to wait longer to see what happens with dlc further down the line. If they don’t release any dlc characters I like, then I’ll continue to not have much reason to play the game a lot and they won’t get any more of my money. It’s that simple. I think it really helps to have other games to be excited about.

I'd hope for

The wind blows hard in December. . .
Man... If IPs already represented in Smash weren’t ruled out, then my wanted-list would easily double, if not more.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Finally an interesting leak that shows us something we can dissect. Anyways, I'm a bit skeptical on the leak myself because the possibility that someone made the Mii costumes and changed Ken's stats does exist. If the grinch leak taught us anything it's that there is someone that will go the extra mile to fake something. Had the video used Terry instead of Ken then the leak would've been 100% undeniably true, but alas Ken was used again to possibly reference the original Ken leak from last year.

I guess I'm gonna treat this leak the same way Will Will is doing with a healthy dose of skepticism. If it's real then yay Doomguy is in Smash! If it's fake then yay Ken's Shoryuken didn't get nerfed! Now it's a matter of waiting.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
While it could mean nothing for Doomguy and Geno, it could also mean something.
That being said, if Doomguy doesn’t make it in, I hope we get a bunch of Bethesda Mii costumes to go the Cacodemon. I even have a small list of ones I want.

Power Armor (Fallout)
Doomguy
Dovahkiin

or it’s just a cool fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well then can you be an adult and not make the thread about you and your issues for a while please?
Fine, fine, fine.

Indeed, I dislike this situation just as much as you, but not much we can do about it. Just means we have to wait longer to see what happens with dlc further down the line. If they don’t release any dlc characters I like, then I’ll continue to not have much reason to play the game a lot and they won’t get any more of my money. It’s that simple. I think it really helps to have other games to be excited about.
Sigh...Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Tekken, anything else?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is fascinating. There are too many issues for it to be probably real or fake, but the strangest thing to me is that these costumes are revealed and what they could mean. Like, why show off some Mii costumes and not Terry??

I don't think they hint towards a character. If they do, why would the costumes be revealed alongside Terry and not Doomguy or Geno? Why would they be available now? Also, the use of Ken is super suspicious - the person "leaking" this video knows their audience too much. Those two characters? A reference to the Ken leak? Suspicious. Plus in the Ken leak the timer read 02:30, not 2:30.

It could be that we are getting the return of the full Geno costume, a Mallow costume, a Doomguy costume, and a Cacodemon costume.

I don't know. Things are weird. Obviously I'm holding out hope for my most-wanted til the very end, but this is super interesting and very exciting. I'm more on board with either Geno or Doomguy now that I've somehow lucked out and gotten Terry so no complaints here if those come true but there's too much that's giving me pause for me to really commit either way right now.

Anyway, even after all this, we have an indeterminate amount of characters incoming so who knows what cool **** could be in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Sigh...Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Tekken, anything else?
There’s actually not a whole lot of games I’m excited about right now, Pokemon Sword and Shield is what I’m really looking forward to, and I can always go play some Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games again when I’m ready, so I find that helps with coping with disappointment and not getting too mentally invested in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom