• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Geno and Doomguy can't both be FP5, so while this is a fantastic leak, it would be a mistake to take it as confirmation for either of them. Still, interesting stuff!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
This new leak looks pretty damn convincing, but I’m just waiting for some smug guy to spin around in a chair. Then sit through ten minutes of him explaining how he created custom models by hand as an elaborate prank to get clicks and promote his new channel, “Modified!”.

But seriously, if real how the hell did they get this footage? Was some dev really eager to lose his job by leaking Mii costumes, of all things?

Side note, I’d love for this to be real, John Doomman would be amazing, and if Geno actually got in after all these years... it’d be nice to see.

Last edited:

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Yes, so long as you can give an example on a female character who can bring in something cool to Smash (gimmick? moveset? fighting style?). Being inclusive to female characters is in itself not good enough; I want to see you burn with passion for your choice.
I’m sure you can find plenty of that here on the Smashboards. Plenty of people create dedicated threads to many different female characters.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
How many ****ing time sdo you want to hear from me. I have no hope with the DLC. No aboslute hope. Nothing. I HAVE NOTHIGN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?! I HAVE NOTHING LEFT.
Hey! That's like me! I have no hope for Isaac either. But I'll deal with it. There's better things to do, like (right now) working, or playing to other games.

It meant ti say that you all believed the leak to be real, while I'm the only one who decries it as fake.
That's wrong and you know it. Moreover, if you believe it to be fake like you say, why are you so disappointed about it? It's fake after all.

Seems like no one wants to talk with me or mourn with me anymore.

Blinded by joy and ignoring the sorrowful. That's the world for me.
Breakdown is a disease. You need a doctor over a female character.

The character needs to get in first before we start going on about "Spirits don't deconfirm"
Ah, I look forward to the moment when the entire community will accept this fact that Spirits never deconfirmed.

Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?
I would be fine. I don't care about both these characters: that's one more chance for something I like.

But seriously, if real how the hell did they get this footage? Was some dev really eager to lose his job by leaking Mii costumes, of all things?
Asking the real questions here.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Geno and Doomguy can't both be FP5, so while this is a fantastic leak, it would be a mistake to take it as confirmation for either of them. Still, interesting stuff!
Maybe there's a direct revealing them as FP5 and the first post-pass character and their Mii costumes we get later for their release is combined into one wave as they release simultaneously or something? Well, we haven't had simultaneous DLC releases yet so, maybe the costumes are from different points of development or one of them truly is just Mii costumes? idk

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Okay, so consider this scenario: The leak is real, but neither Geno nor Doom Lad make it in. Your reaction?
"Eh..." for the former.
M_Bison_Yes_Yes.JPG for the qualifier.

In game development, everything to even the smallest things need to be play test as even just some poor coding could break the entire game.
From the FFXIV patch notes a couple of years ago:
'[Fixed] an issue wherein fishing in Outer La Noscea could cause the server to crash.'

I meant like, games that already have representation in Smash. What about Sakurai’s new worlds statement and all that? Also how do you think that would work with games like Final Fantasy? Different Final Fantasy games have different worlds most of the time.
FF should definitely have the door open for additional games to be represented.

Hell, I've noticed with the crossovers, Square properties specifically show a game as the target, rather than the franchise.
So we get "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Castlevania" or "x Banjo-Kazooie" for those announcements, but from SE, we specifically got "x Final Fantasy 7" and "x Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition". Granted, the latter is... odd... since it actually did bring other DQ content, but eh...

I'm still hoping to see Smash take to the Carteneau Flats on Hydaelyn or to the skies of Tu'Lia in Vana'diel, personally.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but are you one of those people?
No, I’m not one of the people that spend a ton of time making up movesets for characters in order to create a thread for them, and I fail to see why you’re implying I should be. Although, I can name some things that I think would be very interesting. Like for instance, Yuna could be awesome in Smash because you could control her aeons to fight for her, or Lightning uses a gunblade for battle so that could also be interesting to use in Smash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Anyone, really!
Doesn't it seem a little superficial to say "I want someone i can relate too" in an earlier post only to say "eh, I'm cool with anyone"?

Like if I wanted a female character in smash I would specify it based on who the character is, what their personality is and if they can bring a fun and creative moveset to smash

D

Deleted member

Doesn't it seem a little superficial to say "I want someone i can relate too" in an earlier post only to say "eh, I'm cool with anyone"?

Like if I wanted a female character in smash I would specify it based on who the character is, what their personality is and if they can bring a fun and creative moveset to smash
I know it's superficial, but I'm just at a critical state here.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think convincing leaks turning out to be fake is hilarious, so if this was fake (or if it didn't lead to the characters people expect) I'd probably crack up big-time. The whole Grinch fiasco was amazing.

D

Deleted member

I think convincing leaks turning out to be fake is hilarious, so if this was fake (or if it didn't lead to the characters people expect) I'd probably crack up big-time. The whole Grinch fiasco was amazing.
They are a really silly fest.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I would laugh too since, for once, it's not my wanted character that is in this potential false leak. It would ease my own disappointment.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Good morning,
I'm still intrigued by the possiility of DOOM, but I'm bummed all the same that we're not getting any PoC in this DLC set.

Untouch

Smash Master
TWIST
The Mii costume leak was real this whole time, when the leaker said Crash, they meant Crash from Quake 3.

P_crash[1].jpg

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm just happy that we finally have some good leak to speculate on.

I think the leak is 50/50, but I'm still going with my gut that Bamco is FP #5.

That said, why would someone go through the lengths of recording mii costumes for a leak; and why would Cacodemon and Mallow get added with (I'm assuming) Terry rather than Geno and Doomguy. Also why use Ken instead of Terry?

I will just add that Geno and Doomguy have been popular requests for the last year or so. That gives someone a lot of time to create a realistic looking fake leak. Overall, I'd say their chances are looking good, but there's always the slight possibility of this being fake.

D

Deleted member

I'm just happy that we finally have some good leak to speculate on.

I think the leak is 50/50, but I'm still going with my gut that Bamco is FP #5.

That said, why would someone go through the lengths of recording mii costumes for a leak; and why would Cacodemon and Mallow get added with (I'm assuming) Terry rather than Geno and Doomguy. Also why use Ken instead of Terry?

I will just add that Geno and Doomguy have been popular requests for the last year or so. That gives someone a lot of time to create a realistic looking fake leak. Overall, I'd say their chances are looking good, but there's always the slight possibility of this being fake.
If we did learn anything from the Grinch leak, that's saying something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good morning,
I'm still intrigued by the possiility of DOOM, but I'm bummed all the same that we're not getting any PoC in this DLC set.
Depends on your definition, but we got an Asian character in the form of Joker.

Droodle

Smash Lord
If we did learn anything from the Grinch leak, that's saying something.
Pretty much, if the leak used Terry instead of Ken or actually showed Doomguy/Geno; I would say the leak is 100% true.

But as the Grinch leak has shown us; a leak always has a possibility of being fake, especially if there are some weird coincidences that don't add up. It's better to stay reasonable, rather than hype yourself up only to be disappointed kind of like the Grinch leak.

Maybe the leak is true, but the leaker didn't show a Geno/Doomguy mii costume, because he knew it would trigger the fanbase.

It's better to just wait it out, and hope for a announcement this week or next week.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much, if the leak used Terry instead of Ken or actually showed Doomguy/Geno; I would say the leak is 100% true.

But as the Grinch leak has shown us; a leak always has a possibility of being fake, especially if there are some weird coincidences that don't add up. It's better to stay reasonable, rather than hype yourself up only to be disappointed kind of like the Grinch leak.

Maybe the leak is true, but the leaker didn't show a Geno/Doomguy mii costume, because he knew it would trigger the fanbase.

It's better to just wait it out, and hope for a announcement this week or next week.
We still have a couple more days to go...

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
The thing that gets me about this leak is that it seems extremely... wish fulfillment-y? Like Geno's been a huge request since forever and Doomguy's been a hallmark of fake 4Chan leaks throughout Ultimate's DLC cycle. It sounds way too wishlist-y to be true, but that video evidence is pretty damn convincing. Either Doomguy and Geno are in, one or both of them are also getting Mii Costumes, the Mii Costumes just exist on their own, or OP made a really goddamn impressive mod for the sake of ****ing with us. I'm just gonna wait to see what Sabi/Verge/VR Plant/whoever says before jumping to conclusions, but goddamn if this isn't convincing.

D

Deleted member

The thing that gets me about this leak is that it seems extremely... wish fulfillment-y? Like Geno's been a huge request since forever and Doomguy's been a hallmark of fake 4Chan leaks throughout Ultimate's DLC cycle. It sounds way too wishlist-y to be true, but that video evidence is pretty damn convincing. Either Doomguy and Geno are in, one or both of them are also getting Mii Costumes, the Mii Costumes just exist on their own, or OP made a really goddamn impressive mod for the sake of ****ing with us. I'm just gonna wait to see what Sabi/Verge/VR Plant/whoever says before jumping to conclusions, but goddamn if this isn't convincing.
Sabi just made a comment on Twitter about it. Verge hasn't said anything, and I'm just roaming around in circles.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's referencing the real ken leak and teasing (not showing) two characters who are thrown around almost 24/7 as "meme picks" on 4chan

it's playing to an extremely specific audience and that's what makes me think it's fake

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wow. A few hours ago I saw Sabi on Twitter talking about a leak and I was wtf.

About the video, it looks convincing enough, but obviously that doesn't confirm Doomslayer or Geno as playable characters. As some people said there are multiple scenarios. Maybe Doomslayer and Geno will be playable (when or when they will be announced, idk), maybe only one will be playable, and then there's a possibility that both won't be playable or that they will be Mii Costumes.

I mean, maybe this is real but the leaker is trying to be funny and wants to troll people and make them assuming we will get Geno and Doomslayer. Not saying this is what's happening, but hey who knows, after that grinch leak...

Also I find suspicious the absence of Terry or his stage. If I was this person I would be playing with Terry or something, that would be enough to validate the leak. True or fake this video is probably very recent, and if it's true I don't know why he would have access to completely new Mii Costumes but not Terry or his stage.

For the moment I'm a bit neutral towards the video.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. A few hours ago I saw Sabi on Twitter talking about a leak and I was wtf.

About the video, it looks convincing enough, but obviously that doesn't confirm Doomslayer or Geno as playable characters. As some people said there are multiple scenarios. Maybe Doomslayer and Geno will be playable (when or when they will be announced, idk), maybe only one will be playable, and then there's a possibility that both won't be playable or that they will be Mii Costumes.

I mean, maybe this is real but the leaker is trying to be funny and wants to troll people and make them assuming we will get Geno and Doomslayer. Not saying this is what's happening, but hey who knows, after that grinch leak...

Also I find suspicious the absence of Terry or his stage. If I was this person I would be playing with Terry or something, that will probably enough to validate the leak. True or fake this video is probably very recent, and if it's true I don't know why he would have access to completely new Mii Costumes but not Terry or his stage.

For the moment I'm a bit neutral towards the video.
To be fair Terry's release is not too far away so...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
To be fair Terry's release is not too far away so...
I know. But for that reason if this video was recorded recently the leaker should have the possibility to play as Terry, if this video is true.

Also what Gentlepanda says is true. Geno and Doomslayer are recurring characters in leaks. That and the presence of Ken as the third character in the match, referencing his leak from the last year, makes me suspicious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom