• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If any salty people just walks up and asks, "who the heck is Kos mos" I'll just say, "The blade from Xenoblade 2 who's a biblical-machine gun-wepaon master- Alisa Bosconovitch"

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Random side-topic discussion-starter, but if Lara Croft were to be FP #5 or come post-Pass, what outfit(s) would/should she come in? Her classic blue shirt-khaki shorts look? Her black-shirt, dark-shorts look from Underworld? Her reboot look? Her default looks in either of the reboot sequels?

There's a lot of options, I know the classic look may just be a "duh" given, but you never know - Erdrick could've been the default for Hero and it ended up being Luminary for DQXI promotion, and Bayonetta is far more iconic in her original attire but her default is her Bayonetta 2 outfit.

D

Deleted member

Random side-topic discussion-starter, but if Lara Croft were to be FP #5 or come post-Pass, what outfit(s) would/should she come in? Her classic blue shirt-khaki shorts look? Her black-shirt, dark-shorts look from Underworld? Her reboot look? Her default looks in either of the reboot sequels?
Depends. Though any of her outfits would rock.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

There's a lot of options, I know the classic look may just be a "duh" given, but you never know - Erdrick could've been the default for Hero and it ended up being Luminary for DQXI promotion, and Bayonetta is far more iconic in her original attire but her default is her Bayonetta 2 outfit.
Depends on what Sakurai would envision for her moveset and if Crystal Dynamics was willing to play ball. They currently treat them as two separate characters with Pain Magnet LC heading up the main games and twin pistol LC doing spin-off duties. I'd say the default would be whichever one they base the moveset off of with the outfit (if not the exact look per se) of the other being the first alt.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Triangle boobs.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
At this point I'm expecting someone big but surprising.

So until Vergeben speaks out otherwise on a different character I'm gonna say Agumon.

We should keep an open mind about that given we never would had thought:ultjoker:and Terry.
Agumon would be a big surprise, and support Cyber Sleuth and Digimon Survive.
Win Win situation

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Definitely classic look. With Bayonetta and Hero the main skins they have are those for promotional purposes. Lara has nothing to promote except maybe the new movie, which has her in the classic look.

Plus while Luminary and Erdrick and both versions of Bayo play the same, classic and reboot Lara don't, so the default would more than likely be the design her gameplay draws from the most, and I can't see Lara getting in and not being all flips and dual guns. Reboot Lara would probably still be a skin, though I wonder if her face and voice would be classic based or if they'd implement Camilla Ludington's voice and appearance in the classic design.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'd like a 'Smashified' version of new Lara. Like this:

But with a brighter, cartoonish aesthetic. Then have her OG outfit as an alt, as well as her new jacket look.

Moveset wise, they should combine her new and old arsenal.

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Agumon would be a big surprise, and support Cyber Sleuth and Digimon Survive.
Win Win situation
I’m secretly routing for Agumon. Going through CS right now and wow, that’s a great game. I still think Tales will end up as the next Bandai rep but I wouldn’t be disappointed if Digimon pulls through first lol.

Also, that song from the Digimon Survive trailer is amazing.

Last edited:

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Who cares about Ultimate when I've found a leak for Smash 6 already.
I feel like we need a series with real representation in Smash Bros..png

D

Deleted member

What strikes me as odd is none of these leakers seem to be even sure who the fighter is probably cause the fighter is not who people are expecting and they dont want to blow up the smash community yet. Sabi said she's 100% going to confirm it with her source first or something? "Cant talk about it" but now Verg is backing Hayabusa post pass.
Sabi: Who's the next DLC character in Smash?

Source: A Chinese General from Ancient China.

Sabi: ...wait what?

I just want this to be the reason why Sabi needed more confirmation.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
What's actually amazing is that 4chan was convinced i just tried to protect myself from nintendo

Anyway i'm still saying it's Kos-Mos so my prediction stand still and i'm ready to become the oracle

Edit: oops my quote didn't work i'm not accustomed to this forum sorry my bad

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
That's like saying Sephiroth is the boss from Kingdom Hearts.
I think you missed the point of her comment. It's pretty clear that there is a degree of frivolity and it wasn't meant to be a complete breakdown of KOS-MOS as a character. You omitted most of the rest of her post, which takes her out of context and paints her in a light that's not accurate. I don't think that's really fair, wouldn't you agree?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
What's actually amazing is that 4chan was convinced i just tried to protect myself from nintendo

Anyway i'm still saying it's Kos-Mos so my prediction stand still and i'm ready to become the oracle

Edit: oops my quote didn't work i'm not accustomed to this forum sorry my bad
It was hilarious that you even went to post on jeuxvideo yourself to prove it. If you’re the same person that is...Definitely a display of bravery. I hope to god it is KOS-MOS though as she’s my most wanted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was hilarious that you even went to post on jeuxvideo yourself to prove it. If you’re the same person that is...Definitely a display of bravery. I hope to god it is KOS-MOS though as she’s my most wanted.
Same.

Damn, I've been binge-watching lots and lots of Xenosaga content, and damn I'm already feeling the character.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can someone please fill me in on recent leaks? I’m hearing Kos mos and memory man but Idk what’s going on
Memoryman's got nothin' to do with leaks, just drama between him and Sabi.

Anyway, as Al-kīmiyā' Al-kīmiyā' said, the only news is Verge stating he's pretty damn positive Ryu Hayabusa is not the fifth character in the Fighter's Pass, but he might come as later DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny how we've gone from having no clue, to being dead certain and back to nearly clueless again.

Speculation is a wild ride.

D

Deleted member

Funny how we've gone from having no clue, to being dead certain and back to nearly clueless again.

Speculation is a wild ride.
I'm calling it now, tomorrow there will be a huuugggeee leak that will almost be 80% certain, and it's still a random character coz God I still have no idea who it will be. I just want a credible leak so that speculation can finally be firm on just one character (and said character better be female).

In other words, just let there be a leak on my birthday tomorrow so that everyone can shut up for a moment.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm calling it now, tomorrow there will be a huuugggeee leak that will almost be 80% certain, and it's still a random character coz God I still have no idea who it will be. I just want a credible leak so that speculation can finally be firm on just one character (and said character better be female).

In other words, just let there be a leak on my birthday tomorrow so that everyone can shut up for a moment.
Yeah I'm feeling a leak soon, I don't know why.
I mean, it would be cool to keep the surprise until the announcement but with the events of previous days I think that Verg/Sabi/and company won't keep the secret much more longer.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm feeling a leak soon, I don't know why.
I mean, it would be cool to keep the surprise until the announcement but with the events of previous days I think that Verg/Sabi/and company won't keep the secret much more longer.
And that my friend, is my personal case of "birthday luck".

With so much fake news and stuff, I just hope that either Verg says the Word or Nintendo forces their hand.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Either way, we're a week away from November and it's been two days since Vergeben started looking into the next pack. Whatever the case, it won't be long until we get something.

Chances are something will leak while I'm sleeping or something.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Either way, we're a week away from November and it's been two days since Vergeben started looking into the next pack. Whatever the case, it won't be long until we get something.

Chances are something will leak while I'm sleeping or something.
The only question is when? Next week? The week after? It all depends when the direct regarding Terry comes out.

Watch though we only get Terry and we have to wait until the VGA for DLC fighter 5.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The only question is when? Next week? The week after? It all depends when the direct regarding Terry comes out.

Watch though we only get Terry and we have to wait until the VGA for DLC fighter 5.
I think even in the event that we get Terry and nothing else, there's a big chance of the character leaking beforehand if Vergeben is so sure it's not Hayabusa already.

D

Deleted member

Actually can I get a summary here? Who is KOS-MOS and why is she cool given she's from a PS2 game? What makes her a better choice vs Rex or Elma? ES. Dinah ES. Dinah Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
Xenosaga came out before Xenoblade, she's been in crossover games, and in my opinion cyborg-weapon-masters seem like a more interesting concept and moveset. If you're more curious go to the support thread.

D

Deleted member

Xenosaga came out before Xenoblade, she's been in crossover games, and in my opinion cyborg-weapon-masters seem like a more interesting concept and moveset. If you're more curious go to the support thread.
I checked it out. Looks cool I guess, but would feel weird if she was prioritized over other Namco series or Xeno games. This is coming from someone who never played Xenosaga and didn't get KOSMOS in XC2.

Last edited by a moderator:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
Either a fighter from Eternal Champions or another SNK fighting game character.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Dunno if this is a fair comparison but, KOS-MOS to the Xeno games is sort of like Cloud to the Final Fantasy franchise (they are BIG names within their respective franchises). Heck, I bet that when KOS-MOS was added as a blade in Xenoblade 2, Monolith might've been expecting players (namely Xeno game fans) to go nuts seeing that she was featured in another of their games. Also, when you have her being in crossovers with the likes of Mega Man X, Heihachi Mishima, Ryu, Phoenix Wright, Arthur, etc. in games such as Project X Zone 1 & 2, you know she's a character that has made a name for herself in gaming. Nya

D

Deleted member

Dunno if this is a fair comparison but, KOS-MOS to the Xeno games is sort of like Cloud to the Final Fantasy franchise (they are BIG names within their respective franchises). Heck, I bet that when KOS-MOS was added as a blade in Xenoblade 2, Monolith might've been expecting players (namely Xeno game fans) to go nuts seeing that she was featured in another of their games. Also, when you have her being in crossovers with the likes of Mega Man X, Heihachi Mishima, Ryu, Phoenix Wright, Arthur, etc. in games such as Project X Zone 1 & 2, you know she's a character that has made a name for herself in gaming. Nya
KOS-MOS has a bigger impact in my opinion than any of my picks, especially Morrigan. Sure, I'm one of her biggest supporters but I've soon grown to love her concept.

D

Deleted member

Actually can I get a summary here? Who is KOS-MOS and why is she cool given she's from a PS2 game? What makes her a better choice vs Rex or Elma? ES. Dinah ES. Dinah Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
KOS-MOS is pretty much a weapon designed by humanity to defeat the Gnosis which are kinda like space ghosts creatures (if the non talk-show/superhero type) who are a menace to humanity as they are pretty much invincible. Only thing I I don't recall is if she was actually created by Shion Uzuki who is one of the protagonists of Xenosaga.
she also hosts the soul of Maria Magdalene while her counterpart is the body of the Magdalene.

She is surprising popular, as she keeps receiving figures including multiple figmas and is one of the most profilic crossover characters from Namco appearing even in Soul Calibur III, Namco x Capcom/Project X Zone, XB2 as you mentioned. Plus she is front and center in the newest Monolith Artwork celebrating the company's anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom