• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah the games are very technical but am quite sure they are able to make a move set fit for Smash. Traps and stuff as Specials and Smash attacks as Great Blade attacks while normals are other weapons.
Yeah the games are very technical but am quite sure they are able to make a move set fit for Smash. Traps and stuff as Specials and Smash attacks as Great Blade attacks while normals are other weapons.
Oh if it works for MVCI it absolutely works for Smash, I agree with that, part of me just feels they're like Heihachi where Sakurai would obsess with game accuracy and scrap them. Unless there's a specific weapon class that always gets promoted like the Rathalos Armour

Nartic

Smash Cadet
It's not uncommon to create a fake leak by reuse a profile pic of someone who has made a legitimate leak(or lucky guess) in the past.

D

Deleted member

It's not uncommon to create a fake leak by reuse a profile pic of someone who has made a legitimate leak(or lucky guess) in the past.
It's the internet, anyone can just take up someone else's identity that easily.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
Third party:
2B
Leon/Jill
Crash Bandicoot
Shadow
Geno (mostly for his fans)

Nintendo:
Rex & Pyra
Byleth
Dixie Kong
Skull Kid
Waluigi
Grookeys final evolution (gorilla with a drum sounds too amazing!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*snores*

Any update on the KOS MOS leak already, I've written that down in my notes.

*turns on phone so she could finish the last few episodes of Love Live*

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I still kind of think Monster Hunter should make it in. Just seems logical.
My hopes and dreams were crushed the moment the Direct from last year ended without MH as a playable character.
I don't think MH is gonna happen, there's no need to give us MH fans more love, we are already blessed to have the best developers out there.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Oh my god, I think the last character might be from Ubisoft...

I didn't even think about it but, Grant Kirkhope said that the way he got ahold of Sakurai and got his chance for Smash was THROUGH Ubisoft.

Mario + Rabbids was a collaborative effort that released in 2017.

If the character is not from Koei-Tecmo, and they're not from Bethesda, I think they're from Ubisoft...

It's just a hunch, just an observation, but we may be getting Rayman or an Assassin? I'm in full on conspiracy mode right now. Is Ezio ****ing incoming though? Like, it makes sense because of how big Assassin's Creed is, and the timeline makes sense too, and even the out of nowhere thing that no one would expect is there...

I **** you not I think it might be an Assassin's Creed character...

Edit: If Spirits deconfirm then that would mean that the Rabbids and Rayman are OUT... and what is Ubisoft's biggest franchise? Oh god.
If its assassins creed its etzio or no one

D

Deleted member

Well, I have something to say about the Gamefaqs KOS-MOS leak after analyzing it with some people at Discord...

...And it will dissapoint a good number of people.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
* Very popular Japanese franchise
* Creator still active and working on games
* Most cosplayed character of all time
* Adds more female and villain representation
* She's also a pretty fun character and Sakurai could get creative with her moveset
I am personally all for this.
MAQ1hs1.gif

Let's Junkofy Smash Bros!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I still wonder why people have any faith in the Color Theory. History has shown Sakurai doesn't do things like that. Nintendo/Sakurai is not going to select DLC based on a color scheme. That would be a very bad move.

D

Deleted member

not general ones.

Usually the September one is the last regular one of the year

Sometimes we get certain game centered ones though.
Huh. Well unless we get a direct, Fighter #5 ain't getting revealed in November then.

Last edited by a moderator:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I still wonder why people have any faith in the Color Theory. History has shown Sakurai doesn't do things like that. Nintendo/Sakurai is not going to select DLC based on a color scheme. That would be a very bad move.
It's not like that - the selection wouldn't be made because of colors - but the colors chosen for the backgrounds clearly fit the characters, even if just aesthetically.

People are just trying to reverse engineer the process so we could make guesses.

At this point, though, everyone is just waiting for Vergeben to say something. It's been over a day since he started looking into it.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I don't remember. Do we normally get November directs?
Wii U Direct in 2012
Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in 2013
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games in 2014
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games in 2015
Animal Crossing in 2016
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in 2017
Smash Ultimate in 2018

So 3-4 general directs, but they've moved to more single game directs recently. Most likely they do something Pokemon related, but there is always something in November

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I don't remember. Do we normally get November directs?
What others said. General Directs usually no, but focussed Directs can happen. I mean, the final pre-release Direct for Ultimate was on November 1st. And considering that the final Smash 4 Direct was just character breakdowns for Corrin and Bayonetta (and I think Cloud?), I could see there being one this November.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's possible, if not likely that Fighter 5 ends up being the Gen 8 Pokemon rep but I wouldn't bet on it.

D

Deleted member

Wii U Direct in 2012
Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in 2013
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games in 2014
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games in 2015
Animal Crossing in 2016
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in 2017
Smash Ultimate in 2018

So 3-4 general directs, but they've moved to more single game directs recently. Most likely they do something Pokemon related, but there is always something in November
Fair. From what it looks like, I don't know why we should expect a Smash direct in November when Terry could drop just like Joker and Hero's videos.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
4chan has ways to show if it's the same anonymous user though, tripcodes or something I think they're cslled?
The tripcode would be unmissable if they were using one, and it's very common for any kind of reactional image to be saved by many different users, so that unfortunately doesn't prove much. With that said, there was that person who correctly leaked Plant on 4chan and got no replies, so you never know.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Fair. From what it looks like, I don't know why we should expect a Smash direct in November when Terry could drop just like Joker and Hero's videos.
I mean, what other game could conceivably have a Direct this November? I mean, sure, there's Pokémon Sword and Shield coming out, but Pokémon Directs in the past all tended to be game reveals, rather than going deeply into a game and explaining its new features and everything.

D

Deleted member

I mean, what other game could conceivably have a Direct this November? I mean, sure, there's Pokémon Sword and Shield coming out, but Pokémon Directs in the past all tended to be game reveals, rather than going deeply into a game and explaining its new features and everything.
Yeah, Pokemon SnS is the one with the most probable Direct option.

I'm just waiting for it so we can all shut up and get them answers.

D

Deleted member

And what could possibly warrant a Smash direct? We have all of the new game modes finished according to Sakurai, and I can't see any reason to talk about post-FP yet if no progress was made.

We don't need to have a November direct just because there has always been one.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
And what could possibly warrant a Smash direct? We have all of the new game modes finished according to Sakurai, and I can't see any reason to talk about post-FP yet if no progress was made.

We don't need to have a November direct just because there has always been one.
Maybe we get more than 1 character reveal? Or some echoes or idk... Maybe some facts and numbers about Smash?

D

Deleted member

Maybe we get more than 1 character reveal? Or some echoes or idk... Maybe some facts and numbers about Smash?
Echoes or two fighters being revealed would be the only reason, right? I wont say it's impossible, but that reminds me a bit too much of the Grinch leak. You should never expect more than one fighter reveal, at least in my opinion.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I do have a question for the sake of my curiosity. Let's say KOS-MOS is indeed FP5, What then would your stance be on the drunk cat leak?

KOS-MOS isn't exactly a non-entity in Smash speculation. She's been thrown around a bit each cycle, but this particular leak mentions both Ryu and Reimu who have both gotten rather interesting leak/insider ****ery after the time of posting.

If KOS-MOS does get revealed, I'd personally really hope it's true, especially because I want Reimu. But, At the end of the day, I can't trust leaks fully. So I won't believe it just because it got KOS-MOS right, but I would keep an eye on it.

VR Plant has never gotten anything more than a couple days in advance. He likely hasn't said anything because he simply doesn't have the information yet.
I wouldn't go all in on the drunk cat rumors, but I'd be very very happy. If KOS-MOS got in I'd hope she would represent the Xenosaga series and have her classic Episode 1, 2, or 3 looks and not just her Xenoblade appearance. I have a friend who has wanted KOS-MOS as her most-wanted since middle school and she's the one who introduced me to the Xenosaga series (though I watched my brother play Xenogears as a kid) and I know having THAT KOS-MOS is what she really wants.

And with KOS-MOS in and the possibility of Reimu (another character I want) and Hayabusa (a character I think is cool enough) I'd be pretty hyped.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys that leak has to be fake. It claims:ultdarksamus:as an Assist despite being an playable character and says:ultcorrin:will be removed.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Guys that fake has to be leaked. It claims:ultdarksamus:as an Assist despite being an playable character and says:ultcorrin:will be removed.
You do know that part is just someone trying to impersonate the actual person right?
The claims that fighters are being removed is ridiculous since it requires a ton of programming (and WoL reshuffling, especially since one of them is needed to clear the mode).
Also, "Dark Side of the Moon" isn't even a video game song.

That said, has anyone tried pairing the song up with WoL? Maybe it'll be another Wizard of Oz situation...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Guys that leak has to be fake. It claims:ultdarksamus:as an Assist despite being an playable character and says:ultcorrin:will be removed.
It's a different guy using the same image to troll now that people are cottoning onto it. Use some common sense my dude.

Oh my god, I think the last character might be from Ubisoft...

I didn't even think about it but, Grant Kirkhope said that the way he got ahold of Sakurai and got his chance for Smash was THROUGH Ubisoft.

Mario + Rabbids was a collaborative effort that released in 2017.

If the character is not from Koei-Tecmo, and they're not from Bethesda, I think they're from Ubisoft...

It's just a hunch, just an observation, but we may be getting Rayman or an Assassin? I'm in full on conspiracy mode right now. Is Ezio ****ing incoming though? Like, it makes sense because of how big Assassin's Creed is, and the timeline makes sense too, and even the out of nowhere thing that no one would expect is there...

I **** you not I think it might be an Assassin's Creed character...

Edit: If Spirits deconfirm then that would mean that the Rabbids and Rayman are OUT... and what is Ubisoft's biggest franchise? Oh god.
I've been calling Ezio as a surprise pick since around the game's release, and last time I did that we got Terry... I could absolutely see it. Worldwide popularity, cool iconic character, big deal series, great music and stage potential in Venice...he'd be a great addition.

D

Deleted member

Well, I have something to say about the Gamefaqs KOS-MOS leak after analyzing it with some people at Discord...

...And it will dissapoint a good number of people.
What is the Gamefaqs KOS-MOS leak? Thought the current one in discussion was the 4chan one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that KOS-MOS gets ruled out as Tracer and Crash had.

Then its back to the same board as usual to random character being DLC fighter 5.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
It might just be a coincidence but Monolith Soft did have their 20th anniversary, not sure if it makes KOS-MOS any more likely at all considering I don't remember Smash including characters in conjunction with anniversaries like that but I find it an interesting note.

I'll be happy for the KOS-MOS fans if she's included, though I do feel it'll hurt the likelihood of Rex making it in considering they're both Monolith characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And we'll at least have an female rep in the Pass. A certain someone I know will be happy over that. :p

Not like that Kazooie technically counts anyways...

That said. I'm down for KOS-MOS I'd be interested to see how she plays. :)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It might just be a coincidence but Monolith Soft did have their 20th anniversary, not sure if it makes KOS-MOS any more likely at all considering I don't remember Smash including characters in conjunction with anniversaries like that but I find it an interesting note.

I'll be happy for the KOS-MOS fans if she's included, though I do feel it'll hurt the likelihood of Rex making it in considering they're both Monolith characters.
KOS-MOS would be Namco first, Monolith second imo. After all, the Xenoblade 2 artwork for her and T-elos names Bandai Namco as a copyright holder, so technically Bandai Namco owns her, even though Monolith created her

also, Elma and/or Fiora can still happen if KOS-MOS gets in. Just sayin

Untouch

Smash Master
The GameFAQs leak was apparently edited (I haven't even seen a real link to the post, that should say enough).
The 4chan post is very likely piggybacking as it was made after PapaGenos' video.

(I would be fine with KOS-MOS though.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw that I was tagged regarding my KOS-MOS post.

Sorry for not coming earlier, but my day has been way too ****ed up and I didn't have the needed time to enter Smashboards.

The 4Chan post has some merits and some concerns, but the Gamefaqs KOS-MOS leak is basically a fake screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom