• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok, curiosity has gotten the best of me and I apologize if asking about this is taboo around here (seeing as I've only been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and for a few weeks before E3 to see if the B&K leak was real) but can someone link me to a post or explain why acknowledging Kazooie as a girl is such a bad thing or treated as walking in mine field? I can understand the frustration of treating her as equal of getting a fully playable female character but there seems to be a lot more going on with this then just that with how everyone is reacting. B&K is my favorite character and would just like to understand why there is this stigma around them.
The DLC is lacking a 100% fully playable female fighter. That is what my discussion and my time here is about. My posts come off as "DLC lacks a female character" so they use Kazooie as an excuse for my complaint.

Kazooie is merely treated as BK's partner/weapon. We demand a full female fighter.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ok, curiosity has gotten the best of me and I apologize if asking about this is taboo around here (seeing as I've only been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and for a few weeks before E3 to see if the B&K leak was real) but can someone link me to a post or explain why acknowledging Kazooie as a girl is such a bad thing or treated as walking in mine field? I can understand the frustration of treating her as equal of getting a fully playable female character but there seems to be a lot more going on with this then just that with how everyone is reacting. B&K is my favorite character and would just like to understand why there is this stigma around them.
Most people just refer to the duo as either Banjo or just straight up Banjo Kazooie. They only bring up Kazooie herself when it comes to the lack of female fighters in the pass.

People reasonably complain about the absence of female characters, then others go "but Kazooie's a female rep. Be happy".

Technically speaking it's true, but at the same time it isn't. She's only half of a character where the main draw is the bear. People don't bring kazooie up as among the group of female characters unless this argument rears it's ugly head

I completely understand the complaints of the lack of female representation with the fighter's pass, and I'd like some myself.

Imo, the "kazooie is a female rep" arguments are completely rude to people who just want more representation and/or somebody to identify with.

Speaking of which, reminder we've got women in the community as well. I doubt they'd identify with kazooie of all characters solely because she's female

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It’s often used as an attempt silence people who are (understandably) disappointed and/or frustrated by the lack of female characters in the Fighters Pass. Like yeah the bird that occasionally pops out of Banjo’s backpack to be used as a weapon is a girl, but that really isn’t the female representation people are asking for.

It’s like if someone was disappointed by the lack of ghost characters on the roster and I said “well ACTUALLY Cappy appears in one of Mario’s taunts so technically a ghost is on the roster already. So shut up.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The issue isn't about acknowledging Kazooie as a female character.

The issue people have with what's being said is that people are using this argument for why a character that fits a certain archetype isn't needed in Smash. Kazooie is a female indeed, but she and Banjo are fighting as a duo like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma. She's only 1/2 of a fighter and not a fully playable character yet some people insist that more female characters aren't necessary because Kazooie has a vagina.

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
Late to the game, but I'm going to play anyway:

Skull Kid
Wolf Link and Midna
Any BOTW Champion or Kass
Impa
Phantom Ganondorf
Ganon

Master Chief
Leon/Jill
Artorias
Chosen Undead/Ashen One
Doom Slayer
Hollow Knight
Phoenix Wright
Rayman
Spheal
Edelgard
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Untitled Goose
Old Man Kratos
Big Daddy
Bub and Bob

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The ride never ends.
Apparently someone on 4chan actually called Hero being a Bowser Jr situation and Banjo's codename being 'Buddy' back in May/June. Also said stuff about #5 and two post pass characters.

Few things:
1. Did not call Terry
2. Could just be lucky guesses

I'd link, but the image contains some very naughty language due to it being a combination of all their posts. If anyone wants the details send me a PM.
Copy pasting what I said in the Ultimate Social thread earlier. Was initially found in the Reimu for Smash Discord (not by me).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Legit flipped my **** when I saw this.

Her time is coming soon bois
God I suck at Puyo Puyo but I would be SO hyped for her. The Puyo cast is so dang charming, and they would no doubt be a very unique fighter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, **** now I feel bad because, well maybe Sabi ain't acting so weird actually...
I feel bad, too, tbh.

I thought she seemed like she had an ego, and she seemed to be kind-of trollish with how she talked about the Jonesy stuff and how she was during the SNK stuff. I still trusted in her having info and everything, but something about her behavior didn't feel right...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
tetrimino deconfirmed for smash?

truly, this is terrible times. only porky can come and finish this pass off swiftly.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel bad, too, tbh.

I thought she seemed like she had an ego, and she seemed to be kind-of trollish with how she talked about the Jonesy stuff and how she was during the SNK stuff. I still trusted in her having info and everything, but something about her behavior didn't feel right...
I didnt even see the Geno Thread thing I was talking to someone who is closer to Sabi and he told me what all is up so it all makes sense to me now.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, what's happening with Sabi? Can I get a TLDR?

Because those are all planned at launch while DLC is something more subject to change, if they were going to add a DLC Spirit as a character, why wouldn’t they just wait till then?
If a base Spirit does end up promoted as a playable character then what's going to happen to the spirit in particular?
It's kinda weird just thinking about it do they end up renaming it or just slap on "(Fighter Spirit)" upon completing Classic mode?

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
ArchRanger ArchRanger TLDR Kazooie isn't "true female representation" and we want true female representation.
Not sure if I am using mutl-quote correctly but thanks for the explanation. I kind of figured that was the answer but seemed like there was more to it then just that but again, thanks for the clarification, everyone @Lesley Black Velvet Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku -crump- -crump- @Velveeta Dream . Kind of silly to write off female rep all on Kazooie when you don't really control her outside of a few attacks. Here's hoping FP5 is a female (and even more hope that it's Reimu for some Eastern indie rep [my biased hope lol]).

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Dunno if this is good or terrible timing with the talk of female fighters, but I've been working on ripping Medusa from Uprising for some potential Smash concepts. Her chances are basically nil, but still wanted to share.
medusaPRE1.png medusaPRE2.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'll just say what it is we found in the Discord. Remember:
1. Terry was never called
2. Lucky Guesses could be lucky guesses
and 3. Could be an impersonator
So on June 2, a person with a cat pfp said Brave was Hero. They also claimed it was a Bowser Jr. situation. In the same post, they claimed the next codename was 'buddy' as Banjo & Kazooie. They then said both would be at E3.
Later (sept 12), the same pfp said that #5 in the pass would be KOS-MOS. Also said Reimu and Ryu H. were both post pass.

Remember to take it all with a huge grain of salt.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm indifferent on whatever gender the next character has, no reason for me to disrespect the wishes or desires of others though.

My most wanted are just dudes from games that have uber violence. Coincidence? Probably. Travis and Scorpion will get their chance one day.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'll just say what it is we found in the Discord. Remember:
1. Terry was never called
2. Lucky Guesses could be lucky guesses
and 3. Could be an impersonator
So on June 2, a person with a cat pfp said Brave was Hero. They also claimed it was a Bowser Jr. situation. In the same post, they claimed the next codename was 'buddy' as Banjo & Kazooie. They then said both would be at E3.
Later (sept 12), the same pfp said that #5 in the pass would be KOS-MOS. Also said Reimu and Ryu H. were both post pass.

Remember to take it all with a huge grain of salt.

Edit: spelling
Looks like the drunk cat leak I was saving for a rainy day got found out.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Most people just refer to the duo as either Banjo or just straight up Banjo Kazooie. They only bring up Kazooie herself when it comes to the lack of female fighters in the pass.

People reasonably complain about the absence of female characters, then others go "but Kazooie's a female rep. Be happy".

Technically speaking it's true, but at the same time it isn't. She's only half of a character where the main draw is the bear. People don't bring kazooie up as among the group of female characters unless people this argument rears it's ugly head

I completely understand the complaints of the lack of female representation with the fighter's pass, and I'd like some myself.

Imo, the "kazooie is a female rep" arguments are completely rude to people who just want more representation and/or somebody to identify with. Speaking of which, reminder we've got women in the community as well. I doubt they'd identify with kazooie of all characters solely because she's female
"BUT KAZOOIE'S A FEMALE REP. BE HAPPY".
*sigh*

Goddammit Ramen, the way you framed that argument is irritating. No one is dismissing potential female reps because people consider Kazooie as one. But the narrative going around is "there's NO female Fighter's Pass character" and it involves going to any lengths to write her off to meet that narrative.

ArchAngel is confused because it seems like the behavior of those that should be pro-female and recognize their inclusion are pretty much erasing Kazooie as if Banjo the bear is the ONLY one of the two that matters...

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sowwy, just blame the Reimu for Smash Discord
Nah. I can't stop people from finding it. But I found that around the time it got posted. With how long it's been underground, I wasn't sure it would be found. lol.

EDIT: The funny thing is that that leak would explain quite a lot of the ****ery going on right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh why tf does it matter what gender the character is? It's not like you're going to pull your wallet back if it's another frankfurter anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
People who want female fighters for DLC are just tired of Kazooie being used as a counter point because you play as Banjo and Kazooie helps out as well, rather than having a fully female character.

EDIT:
Bruh why tf does it matter what gender the character is. You're gonna buy it anyways
No she's not.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
*sigh*

Goddammit Ramen, the way you framed that argument is irritating. No one is dismissing potential female reps because people consider Kazooie as one. But the narrative going around is "there's NO female Fighter's Pass character" and it involves going to any lengths to write her off to meet that narrative.

ArchAngel is confused because it seems like the behavior of those that should be pro-female and recognize their inclusion are pretty much erasing Kazooie as if Banjo the bear is the ONLY one of the two that matters...
trust me, there are those people, and it drives me nuts.

Sorry if I offended anybody

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Ah, it does my heart good to see Arle being praised! Truthfully, depending on what you count Layton as, she's arguably the biggest remaining puzzle character.

D

Deleted member

I kinda wanna talk about this bit Sabi said on the Geno thread.
I didn’t fake brew’s c&d, he just told me that he was told by somebody from Nintendo that he couldn’t talk about it. Idk if it was a formal c&d like what I got, but at least similar enough so I loosely called it a c&d.
I don't exactly have the full context to the **** going on with all the leakers rinnow, so please feel free to correct me on what I say.

Sabi mentioned talking to Brew and saying he told her (or him according to 1 of the mods on Sabicord) that he couldn't talk about a certain thing implying he got a Cease and Desist. Is there a reason for Nintendo to send a C&D to him if Hayabusa, the character he's been backing for FP5, is supposedly not the last character in the Fighter Pass? Could it be possible that Hayabusa was actually leakbait from a source and Nintendo actually struck right at him for getting baited (which idk if that's the case when Shifty claimed he has the same source as Brew)? Is Hayabusa really the next character and Nintendo are going around trying to stop his name from getting spread around (which conflicts with what Sabi's source said about him and Crash)? Or does he not wanna deal with more people pestering him about Smash leaks like how most leakers currently feel?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’d be happy with KOS-MOS being in Smash but you know who I’ll be pushing HARD for if she gets in:
61A699EC-C704-4B69-9586-3E6F3DB31B28.jpeg

These two really need to be reunited.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’d be happy with KOS-MOS being in Smash but you know who I’ll be pushing HARD for if she gets in:
View attachment 243180
These two really need to be reunited.
Two more duos from PXZ2 are in too: :ultryu::ultken: and :ultchrom::ultlucina:

add those two in the gif and it will be a grand reunion!

ROB wat u doin u weren’t in that game

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm going to go with impersonation and piggybacking.

PapaGenos made a video talking about the leak 6 days before the post, I'm guessing someone just went and found the post, saved the file as the same filename and just made that post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom