• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When we got that old dead franchise instead of one of the best selling games of all time or Halo 3's launch then importance within the company doesn'g matter
Ah yes, because of course one of the most wanted characters of all time is a very apt comparison to KOS-MOS. I know you hate B-K but don't act like you don't know how he got in over his competition.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
1: Isaac
2: Phoenix Wright
3: Rex and Pyra
4: Ryu Hayabusa
5: Byleth or Edelgard or Claude or Dimitri to represent Three Houses
6: Akira Howard
7: Dante
8: Doomguy
9: Takamaru
10: Kazuma Kiryu
With honourable mentions to:
Elma
Octoling
Reimu Hakurei - honestly might swap her and Ryu around in my top ten at this point.
Leon Kennedy
Skull Kid

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, the least polarizing leaker we all know and like.

I wonder how soon he'd be able to drop some new info, that is if said info isn't the stuff that's been going around already.
With how back and forth Sabi has been these past couple days, I'm willing to take anything at this point lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In no specific order.
  1. Isaac
  2. Hayabusa
  3. Doom Slayer
  4. Saki
  5. Leon
  6. Elma
  7. Rayman
  8. Bomberman
  9. Lara Croft
  10. Waluigi
  11. Dante
  12. Takamaru
  13. Mike Jones
  14. Kyo
  15. Dragonborn
I'm sure there's more but I don't really want to go that deep. I mean, even if I never get another character I want I'm still DAMN satisfied with Snake, Wolf, Ridley, K. Rool, Simon, and Banjo this game and that's not even including Cloud and Mega Man and Ryu etc.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So I leave for not even a full day and apparently KOS-MOS is a frontrunner now???? What the hell is going on, can someone please fill me in on what happened during the few hours I decided to not procrastinate on my school work?
In no particular order:
Jill Valentine
Kazuma Kiryu
2B
Frisk
Byleth
Sora
Geno
Phoenix Wright
Dante
Style Savvy
Professor Layton
Carmen Sandiego

I actually made a signature of my most wanted using my graphic design skillz, but I'm too dumb to know how to insert images into it so it's just kinda sitting on my desktop right now lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I leave for not even a full day and apparently KOS-MOS is a frontrunner now???? What the hell is going on, can someone please fill me in on what happened during the few hours I decided to not procrastinate on my school work?

In no particular order:
Jill Valentine
Kazuma Kiryu
2B
Frisk
Byleth
Sora
Geno
Phoenix Wright
Dante
Style Savvy
Professor Layton
Carmen Sandiego

I actually made a signature of my most wanted using my graphic design skillz, but I'm too dumb to know how to insert images into it so it's just kinda sitting on my desktop right now lol
Someone just asked how people would feel if KOS-MOS was FP5, and we were talking about that. Afaik there have been no leaks.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Wait nvm I misread, I thought ppl were talking about her in this thread because she was in a new leak or something. My bad, my brain is colappsing in on itself due to stress lol

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
So I leave for not even a full day and apparently KOS-MOS is a frontrunner now???? What the hell is going on, can someone please fill me in on what happened during the few hours I decided to not procrastinate on my school work
KOS-MOS isn't a frontrunner. It was just a discussion point brought up via:
Curious how people would think if KOS-MOS is the final pass character.

D

Deleted member

I'd be fine with KOS-MOS if she was FP5 but I doubt she is KOS-MOS would more likely appear within the post-FP DLC if anything and I genuinely believe that FP5 is someone who hasn't been leaked or talked about (at least yet).

Who would that be? Idk I just don't think anyone we're talking about currently will be FP5 maybe something like a LoL rep to reach into the Chinese demographic.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
A week ago, while the Brew imposter circus show was going on, Tansut told me that there wasn't much going on regarding Smash on the Square-Enix side of things currently. Though he notes that might not be the case as his source might not be involved or isn't in the know about developments.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aw it was too good to be true. The last fighter in this pass likely won't be female anyways though I'd like to be wrong.

Pulling for Amaterasu.

3 humans and 2 (3 technically) animals.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

D

Deleted member

Aw it was too good to be true. The last fighter in this pass likely won't be female anyways though I'd like to be wrong.

Pulling for Amaterasu.

Perfectly balanced as everything should be.
Oh so Thanos will be our Fifth fighter sounds nice.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A week ago, while the Brew imposter circus show was going on, Tansut told me that there wasn't much going on regarding Smash on the Square-Enix side of things currently. Though he notes that might not be the case as his source might not be involved or isn't in the know about developments.
Well we already got Hero so that was to be expected.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'd be fine with KOS-MOS if she was FP5 but I doubt she is KOS-MOS would more likely appear within the post-FP DLC if anything and I genuinely believe that FP5 is someone who hasn't been leaked or talked about (at least yet).

Who would that be? Idk I just don't think anyone we're talking about currently will be FP5 maybe something like a LoL rep to reach into the Chinese demographic.
... While I am a supporter of a LoL rep, I don't think "reach into the chinese demographic" will be something people will celebrate for quite a while now, sadly. For all intents and purposes though, that's correct, though I'd argue South Korea is a bigger player in that situation.

Verge's last post on GameFaqs just hit 12 hours. I feel like we might get new info not long from now...

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Well we already got Hero so that was to be expected.
I would also likely take it that currently no Square-Enix characters are in the works right now for Smash post-FP.

Though the Drakengard/Nier producer in S-E indirectly expressed interest in a Smash collaboration when he tweeted a week ago about having dinner with Sakurai and stated an intention to have Sakurai meet Yoko Taro.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

... While I am a supporter of a LoL rep, I don't think "reach into the chinese demographic" will be something people will celebrate for quite a while now, sadly. For all intents and purposes though, that's correct, though I'd argue South Korea is a bigger player in that situation.

Verge's last post on GameFaqs just hit 12 hours. I feel like we might get new info not long from now...
Well it doesn't have to be China specifically I've just seen a trend with the DLC characters and them reaching into different demographics globally with Joker kind of being the worldwide character, Hero being the Japanese pick, Banjo being the American pick and Terry being the Latino pick.

I feel like FP5 will continue that trend with a Chinese targeted character or some other character selected based off of demographics be it China, Korean or whatever else.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like FP5 will continue that trend with a Chinese targeted character or some other character selected based off of demographics be it China, Korean or whatever else.
Or Oceanic pick (Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand).

Or African pick.

OR European pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pulling for Amaterasu.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.
Wait WHAT--

Was there any leak? Tell me please!!!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well it doesn't have to be China specifically I've just seen a trend with the DLC characters and them reaching into different demographics globally with Joker kind of being the worldwide character, Hero being the Japanese pick, Banjo being the American pick and Terry being the Latino pick.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you on the demographics part. My point is that due to the recent events, we'll probably see that argument a bit less for some time on speculation.

D

Deleted member

Or Oceanic pick (Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand).

Or African pick.

OR European pick.
Well yeah as I said it doesn't have to be specifically targeted towards China it could be geared towards other demographics as well.
I would also likely take it that currently no Square-Enix characters are in the works right now for Smash post-FP.

Though the Drakengard/Nier producer in S-E indirectly expressed interest in a Smash collaboration when he tweeted a week ago about having dinner with Sakurai and stated an intention to have Sakurai meet Yoko Taro.
While that is something we could consider it doesn't have to mean that 2B will absolutely be in as any company would obviously want their character to be in Smash. Activision, Bethesda, Koei-Tecmo, Whoever I'm sure if approached by Sakurai nobody (except for Sony maybe) would decline. Plus aren't Yoko Taro and Sakurai friends anyways?

D

Deleted member

Well an leaker who has a spot-on record by the name of Vergeben had spoken up saying he's going to look into what I'm assuming is Crash, Reimu and Ryu Hayabusa if any of them is true.
Dear God.

I must be the first one to know. This must be it.

*sings the cheesiest Church song in the book*

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Yeah, nothing pointing towards KOS-MOS here. Just discussing the character.
Honestly at the speed things are going, I was just ready to accept we already had a new frontrunner come out of the blue while quickly skimming through this thread. When you're a busy college student with a virtually nonexistant sleep schedule, reading comprehension really isn't a priority when you're trying to keep up with this whole mess. :p

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
She was piggybacking off of Vergeben back then, regardless I get where you're coming from, I just don't really trust Sabi. Like, no one in the history of ever has gotten a C&D from Nintendo and have felt ABSOLUTELY 0 reprocussions from it. Until Sabi... who is still, somehow, spouting "leaks" despite her C&D. It just doesn't add up.

The only leaker that really seems trustworthy is Vergeben and he's been radio silent for a while now.
I mean honestly it seems like Sabi is trying to bait Vergeben into saying something, to piggyback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom