• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Any ideas for a Dragon Quest Assist Trophy or item?
An AT that hits someone with a "Puff Puff". >_>

Curious how people would think if KOS-MOS is the final pass character.
'I, for one, welcome our new mechanical mistress.'

Not top of my list by any means, but a far cry better than many of the most-requested in my eyes, and Smash is sorely lacking in robo-ladies as it stands.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Curious how people would think if KOS-MOS is the final pass character.
I... dunno, I'd be indifferent, if questioning how no one else from Bamco got in before her.

Like... no offense to Xeno fans, but you have to admit that Tekken, Tales, Souls, Soul Calibur and Digimon aren't the easiest contenders to go against.

D

Deleted member

Like... no offense to Xeno fans, but you have to admit that Tekken, Tales, Souls, Soul Calibur and Digimon aren't the easiest contenders to go against
Compared to those, Xenosaga seems kinda niche to me, especially with Bamco's bigger juggernauts of franchises.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Compared to those, Xenosaga seems kinda niche to me, especially with Bamco's bigger juggernauts of franchises.
KOS-MOS herself, however, is kind of a big deal in Japan apparently. She’s pretty much a Namco mascot in her own right alongside :ultpacman:, has a ton of figurines and merch, costumes in other Namco games, and lets just say PXZ/2 and Xenoblade 2 aren’t her only crossover ventures. She’s been in others, several of which never saw the light of day outside Japan.

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS herself, however, is kind of a big deal in Japan apparently. She’s pretty much a Namco mascot in her own right alongside :ultpacman:, has a ton of figurines and merch, costumes in other Namco games, and lets just say PXZ/2 and Xenoblade 2 aren’t her only crossover ventures. She’s been in others, several of which never saw the light of day outside Japan.
Interesting. Lemme write that down in my notes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I... dunno, I'd be indifferent, if questioning how no one else from Bamco got in before her.

Like... no offense to Xeno fans, but you have to admit that Tekken, Tales, Souls, Soul Calibur and Digimon aren't the easiest contenders to go against.
When we got that old dead franchise instead of one of the best selling games of all time or Halo 3's launch then importance within the company doesn'g matter

D

Deleted member

When we got that old dead franchise instead of one of the best selling games of all time or Halo 3's launch then importance within the company doesn'g matter
BK has the legion of guardian angels on his back.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
Shantae
Phoenix Wright
Reimu
Rex and the Aegis
2B
Kazuma Kiryuu
Elma
Solaire (or a Dark Souls protagonist in general)
KOS-MOS
Wonder Red
Saber

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean... it's not about being "niche" or ""relevant"". Characters can fit into Smash despite these, but it's just that the more I think about it, the more KOS-MOS seems like Bandai Namco's Morrigan: a popular character from a good game that is kept alive via crossovers and cameos.

That doesn't demean her value in any way, since clearly she has loyal fans. But meanwhile she's going up against the second best selling fighting game frachise, Namco's "cash cow" RPG franchise and one of the most influential series of the past decade, to name a few.

Characters like B-K and, to name one who isn't in, Phoenix Wright are exceptions to this because of fan support and close relationship with the Nintendo audience, despite being smaller than their competition otherwise.

I mean... it's possible, yes, but compared to everyone else we got so far it would be a bit of a curveball in my eyes.

... Well, these are just my opinions anyway. I'd love to hear what KOS-MOS fans can say about her chances, maybe I'm missing something.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Dont forget that she got a figurine in Xenoblade 2 as well and only Pyra and Mythra did before her. Apparently the figurine itself has a large amount of preorders also.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4nRKjK8clekvVX-O5GvGeBFVWd0KizlUrCyRW6Xw5Q

I made a Google Document about how I would picture Pauline working as a Smash fighter.

I would appreciate any feedback!
Seems cool. I damn near forgot about March of The Minis, lmao. Her biggest obstacle is that unlike Peach, she hasn't had the opportunity or screentime to truly step out of the damsel-in-distress archetype. Kind of feels like we'd just be throwing cool ideas and mechanics in her moveset simply because they come from games she's associated with.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think most in here would concur that Ryu is off the table for Fighter #5 due to leaks
I think that's pretty presumptuous considering the leaker that took him off the table is the one that we've pretty much determined is full of ****.

I mean nothing is impossible, but someone with far more credibility than Brew has said no ryu or crash for #5.
I'm not sure what world you're living in if you think Sabi has any credibility at all at this point.

Yeah no way a lane system would work. That'd be funny as heck though.
When fighting Pokemon Trainer, Terry just jumps into the background and beats up the kid directly.

IDK I feel like Nintendo and Sakurai are looking for a way to turn around the whole perception of assists just being "deconfirmations" instead of "oh damn my favorite character got in the game." Promoting an assist to playable in the same game would do that pretty well, I feel.
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion they can smell the money Waluigi would bring in from memelords and kids.
I kinda want to see it if for no other reason than to see another fan rule get destroyed. And once Assist Trophies no longer deconfirm, Spirits wouldn't either.

That's my argument. They specifically put a lot of work into certain new ATs being ATs, and they don't want that to go to waste. Veteran ATs, no so much.
You could also argue though that the work they put into making the AT is work that can be transferred directly over to the playable character. Animations that they don't have to make because they already made them. Character designs that can be immediately reused with a little increase in detail. Etc.

What if the DLC characters came with items?
Any new items, including AT or Pokeballs, should be given out to everyone, DLC or not.

Any ideas for a Dragon Quest Assist Trophy or item?
I would like to see an AT where a bunch of Slimes drop onto the stage, and if you don't kill them fast enough, they merge together into a King Slime that really causes some damage.

Who's Kazooie
I think that's the main character of the Yakuza series.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
When fighting Pokemon Trainer, Terry just jumps into the background and beats up the kid directly.
I love this.

I kinda want to see it if for no other reason than to see another fan rule get destroyed. And once Assist Trophies no longer deconfirm, Spirits wouldn't either.
Sadly this one isn't a fan rule and was confirmed during a Pic of the Day. Doesn't mean it can't change though.

It would be pretty interesting if they started adding playable characters as assist trophies in the next game. They would only be summoned if no one is playing as them to avoid confusion.

:ultbowser: would act like he does in the New Super Mario Bros. games.
:ultmegaman: acts like Copy Robot.
:ultryu: spams Hadouken and does nothing else.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, that just avoided the question. But yeah, technically Xenoblade and Xenosaga are COMPLETELY different franchises so it's VERY unlikely she'd represent Xenoblade at all.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I think that's pretty presumptuous considering the leaker that took him off the table is the one that we've pretty much determined is full of ****.

I'm not sure what world you're living in if you think Sabi has any credibility at all at this point.
Sabi isn't the one who's saying "No Ryu or Crash for 5", its an Nintendo insider in their circle.

Its literally straight from the horse's mouth (in this case the horse is Nintendo)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sabi isn't the one who's saying "No Ryu or Crash for 5", its an Nintendo inside in their circle.

Its literally straight from the horse's mouth (in this case the horse is Nintendo)
The NoA rep said "No Crash, No Tracer" we don't know who the hell this mystery person is.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, that just avoided the question. But yeah, technically Xenoblade and Xenosaga are COMPLETELY different franchises so it's VERY unlikely she'd represent Xenoblade at all.
Are they? Most people seem to lump the two (and Xenogears) as being a part of the "Xeno" series.

Though if they did add KOS-MOS they'd peg her as being a part of the Xenosaga series regaurdless of whether or not the franchises are meant to be completely separate because it'd be weird to have her series icon be the Monado, and because they like to say that their series is whatever they feel like (Fatal Fury instead of the more accurate King of Fighters, and Persona 5 and Final Fantasy VII instead of the more broad Persona & Final Fantasy respectively).

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
call me a shill all yall want, but if Papa trusts this source im inclined to trust them too.
I mean that's fine, I'm just correcting you.

Sabi has been acting REAL shady though like, way too shady for my tastes and if she's dragging PapaGenos down with her? **** her.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I mean that's fine, I'm just correcting you.

Sabi has been acting REAL shady though like, way too shady for my tastes and if she's dragging PapaGenos down with her? **** her.
i think theres a big difference between Sabi and Papa

Sabi is obv a leaker who just says anything for attention nowadays due to the nintendo ninjas

Papa compiles all of the "leaks", "rumors", etc and tries to objectively make sense of it all w the fans

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The "Xeno" series is a series of games that are only loosely connected and when I say loosely I mean literally only in concept.

The Xeno games usually contain a few things. Androids, which is usually based on the theory of their humanization, Mechs, which are usually used in terms of war, and the idea of creation. Other than that? They're only connected by the fact they're all developed by Monolithsoft, or in the case of Xenogears what would become Monolithsoft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sabi is obv a leaker who just says anything for attention nowadays due to the nintendo ninjas

Papa compiles all of the "leaks", "rumors", etc and tries to objectively make sense of it all w the fans
You could say that.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Oh yeah, he's definitely more of a speculator, has been since he was on here for Brawl speculation. My thing is that he has multiple sources telling him different things and right now he's putting his chips on Sabi because... no seriously what has she gotten right? They said that this is the same source that told Sabi Terry a long time ago buuuut she literally NEVER referenced anything SNK till it already leaked. So.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, he's definitely more of a speculator, has been since he was on here for Brawl speculation. My thing is that he has multiple sources telling him different things and right now he's putting his chips on Sabi because... no seriously what has she gotten right? They said that this is the same source that told Sabi Terry a long time ago buuuut she literally NEVER referenced anything SNK till it already leaked. So.
idk about the SNK stuff because i was out of the loop at that time

BUT, during the pre E3 days Sabi routinely kept her discord updated about Erdrick and Banjo hints. We knew Banjo was gonna be in the game before shinobi dropped the bomb. REGARDLESS, im not defending her nowadays.

I think Papa is putting more of his trust in Sabi's SOURCES than her directly.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
This list isn't ordered but these characters are the ones I desire the most for Smash.

Waluigi
Crash Bandicoot
Heihachi Mishima
Steve
Leon Kennedy
Ryu Hayabusa
Gordon Freeman
Doomguy
Ashley
Zero
Alucard
Monster Hunter
Rex & Pyra
Reimu Hakurei
Lyn
Adam Jensen
2B

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm, no rules, my desires eh? Ok, here goes. :demon:

- Geno (Super Mario RPG)
- Bomberman (... Bomberman)
- Goemon (Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja)
- Adol Christin (Ys)
- Klonoa (Klonoa)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
- Pauline (Super Mario Odyssey, and of course the OG prima donna)
- DOOM Slayer (DOOM)
- Quote (Cave Story)
- Mega Man X (Mega Man X)
- Zero (Mega Man X)
- Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Skull Kid (Zelda)
- Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
- Deneb (from the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre series)
- Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts) (for the fans)
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) (to complete the fighters' trifecta)
and... to open the Forbidden Gates... Mickey Mouse :seuss:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
idk about the SNK stuff because i was out of the loop at that time

BUT, during the pre E3 days Sabi routinely kept her discord updated about Erdrick and Banjo hints. We knew Banjo was gonna be in the game before shinobi dropped the bomb. REGARDLESS, im not defending her nowadays.

I think Papa is putting more of his trust in Sabi's SOURCES than her directly.
She was piggybacking off of Vergeben back then, regardless I get where you're coming from, I just don't really trust Sabi. Like, no one in the history of ever has gotten a C&D from Nintendo and have felt ABSOLUTELY 0 reprocussions from it. Until Sabi... who is still, somehow, spouting "leaks" despite her C&D. It just doesn't add up.

The only leaker that really seems trustworthy is Vergeben and he's been radio silent for a while now.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
She was piggybacking off of Vergeben back then, regardless I get where you're coming from, I just don't really trust Sabi. Like, no one in the history of ever has gotten a C&D from Nintendo and have felt ABSOLUTELY 0 reprocussions from it. Until Sabi... who is still, somehow, spouting "leaks" despite her C&D. It just doesn't add up.

The only leaker that really seems trustworthy is Vergeben and he's been radio silent for a while now.
he's been on gamefaqs but he doesn't say anything worth noting mostly just talking about games on random boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom