• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I feel like no one ever brings up Sony reps. Kratos? Sackboy? Nathan Drake?

I feel like a Kratos in Smash announcement at the VGAs would instantly radiate the entire audience due to pure nuclear HYPE
I usually don't talk about Sony reps because as for today that's impossible, at least thats what I think. But if there's a chance, Kratos would be one of my most wanteds. Also Kat would be very cool.

But yeah, you're right. A Sony rep, if we stick to videogame characters, would be the most crazy announcement at this point. Specially if it's Kratos or Drake (if happens it's for sure between these two).

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
Well, I already have Joker so...

Travis Touchdown - I've wanted him since Brawl, I remember the days of having that costume mod on Ike. I love No More Heroes and I think with the franchise's resurgence it'd be the perfect opportunity to give him another chance.

Scorpion - As a fighting game fan I love Mortal Kombat, it's something that I grew up with despite being scared and afraid of MK Trilogy on PS1. Scorpion is pretty cool and I think it'd be neat to see him in Smash Bros, even though people hate the thought of MK touching Smash.

Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden is super cool and I feel like Hayabusa's one of the retro classic characters that should be added. People keep saying he'll be a generic ninja but unaware of the fact he has so many ninja arts, and the modern games have insane crazy action that would translate into Smash well. Plus Simon needs a friend.

Shadow - Yeah Shadow got BTFO a while ago but I'd love to see him given the Ken/Isabelle treatment as a semi-clone of Sonic. Project M(?) had a really interesting take on him.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I usually don't talk about Sony reps because as for today that's impossible, at least thats what I think.
I feel like the only way it would happen is if they were like "You can put Kratos in Smash Ultimate if we can put Link in Playstation All-Stars 2."

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Master Chief, Sora, Kratos, Lara Croft, DoomGuy, Skyrim Man, Dark Souls boy, or Ezio would be the proper megaton nuclear atom bombs to end the pass with.

Think about their reveals...... think about it......

ZelDan

Smash Master
MOST WANTED

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Master Chief
Shovel Knight
Dixie Kong
Elma
Sans

DON'T WANT AS MUCH BUT WOULD STILL BE NEAT

Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Chrono
Another FF character (ideally Sephiroth, Tifa, Terra, or Cecil)
Impa
Edelgard

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Oh wait geez how could I forget Edelgard, I'm addicted to Three Houses right now.

Will put her under "not as wanted but would still be neat."

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace

This is interesting to me because honestly my perceived rules (or more accurately restrictions) are part of what drives my desires as far as the roster is concerned. Which is to say that there are plenty of characters that I adore but that I don't actually want in Smash. Because I want characters I like in Smash, but I also want Smash to continue to feel like Smash to me. And this is definitely subjective, so I'm not trying to say other people can't want what they want, but for me that means I want certain characters and not others, even if I like both. But to actually answer the question:

Isaac, Dixie Kong, Bomberman, Captain Syrup, Pete (Story of Seasons), Goemon, Mallo, Shy Guy, Ashley, Tingle, Impa, Kamek, Spyro, Slime, and Gruntilda.

Other characters I'd be happy to see for various reasons, but don't have personal connection to are:

Andy, Sami, Chibi Robo, Karate Joe/Rhythm Girl, Professor Layton, Shantae, Elma, Rex, Bandana Waddle Dee, Krystal, Jibanyan, Lloyd Irving, Jill Valentine, Sora, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Mona, Heihachi, Crash, Minmin, Akira Howard, Waluigi, and I'm sure some others as well.

I'm also usually here for weird out there picks like Wii Fit. Also I forgot Crono somehow. I would also very much like to see Crono.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Say Amaterasu was the final character of this Season Pass. How satisfied would you all be?
Totally satisfied. I'm a Capcom fan at heart and Ammy is a GREAT character with beautiful art and music and a ton of potential. Maybe she isn't Phoenix but she's probably my second-most-wanted Capcom rep from a new series.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I feel like no one ever brings up Sony reps. Kratos? Sackboy? Nathan Drake?

I feel like a Kratos in Smash announcement at the VGAs would instantly radiate the entire audience due to pure nuclear HYPE
Just made a support thread as a matter fact!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Btw this image was shared in the Dante Speculation thread

I don't know if that guy is close to Sabi or something, but I think I saw his name being mentioned sometimes in Smashboards. Maybe this doesn't mean anything, at best it could be a sort of hint. I don't use Discord so I can't verify this or the context of the conversation. Apparently they also mentioned "Pandora's Box" at some point (Pandora's the name of one of the weapons Dante has in DMC4).

I'm sharing this here because I want to know different opinions about it. It's probably nothing or simply a joke, but idk maybe someone here is in Sabi's discord and can check if there's more about this or at least, the context.

If it's nothing I'm sorry lol, I was curious

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Hmm. Sakurai recently followed Bkub, the creator of Pop Team Epic, on Twitter. This must obviously mean that Popuko and Pipimi are coming to Smash! :p

D

Deleted member

*groan* Good morning.

Couldn't sleep last night due to the entire "Ryu's back in the table" thingy. Anything I missed?

Sigh...why is the fate of the world always against what I want?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Btw this image was shared in the Dante Speculation thread

*image snip*

I don't know if that guy is close to Sabi or something, but I think I saw his name being mentioned sometimes in Smashboards. Maybe this doesn't mean anything, at best it could be a sort of hint. I don't use Discord so I can't verify this or the context of the conversation. Apparently they also mentioned "Pandora's Box" at some point (Pandora's the name of one of the weapons Dante has in DMC4).

I'm sharing this here because I want to know different opinions about it. It's probably nothing or simply a joke, but idk maybe someone here is in Sabi's discord and can check if there's more about this or at least, the context.

If it's nothing I'm sorry lol, I was curious
Hmmmm....if true, things are coming together...

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Greatest possible desire to 'I'd really like that'-

Amaterasu-
Goes without saying. Spectacular game.
Hades from Kid Icarus
If only for his personality alone, he's easily my favorite villain of all time and would out-disrespect Ganondorf so hard.
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
I'm dead serious on this- Ty 2 was huge for me as a kid and I'd argue on the same tier as banjo-kazooie for quality collectathons.
The Knight from Hollow Knight
Easily one of my favorite games of the decade, and Team Cherry deserves the world for what they've given us.
Professor Layton
The original trilogy of Layton games all tie for my favorite DS game, between the concept and the music he could bring so much to Smash.
Jenosa Arma
Still dead serious on this, Scurge: Hive is amazing and you should play it if you have access to it.
Battletoads
Genuine piece of gaming history right here. Also, calling Gamestop for 'Do you have the Battletoads DLC?' memes.
Porky Minch
Mother/Earthbound doesn't 'need' more, but Porky is such a great villain to hate, and Porky Means Business not being in the game is a travesty (same for either of Dark Samus' themes).
Doom Slayer
RIP AND TEAR.
Wart
SMB2 is my favorite of the original trilogy and I will not budge on this.
Travis Touchdown
Kickass character from a kickass series.
Waluigi
Genuinely my favorite Mario character, would love to see him finally get a chance.
Paper Mario
TTYD is one of the greatest RPGs of all time and I want to see paper Mario actually do fun paper things again.
Bandana Waddle Dee
Plz give Kirby his Player 4.
Crash Bandicoot
Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash is too good to turn down. And the games were pretty fun.
Master Chief
Just for the sheer spectacle of it. I've never owned an Xbox but I recognize what Halo is and by god that'd be momentous.

Ridley was previously on top of this list and I feel gross even mentioning there are other things I want. This game is already so good.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But what about what Brew said? And what of our sources that were told that anyone is fair game?
Brew was claiming Ryu is in before Sabi and the others claimed Ryu isn't in, so he's probably gonna keep saying that.

I don't recall anyone saying that any character is fair game, though I guess we can assume that since leakers are contradicting each other.

Vergeben is looking into it, it seems.

D

Deleted member

Brew was claiming Ryu is in before Sabi and the others claimed Ryu isn't in, so he's probably gonna keep saying that.

I don't recall anyone saying that any character is fair game, though I guess we can assume that since leakers are contradicting each other.

So in conclusion, anyone is still fair game.

But so far, none are 100% true yet?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Oooh, the moment of truth then. Last time he "looked into it", we got Terry confirmation next day or so.

We might really be getting Mr. Bogard first week of November after all.

D

Deleted member

Oooh, the moment of truth then. Last time he "looked into it", we got Terry confirmation next day or so.

We might really be getting Mr. Bogard first week of November after all.
Fingers crossed that Verg says it's a female character...

Tankdank

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7959-0645-5771
Sure.

But once again, it appears that Ryu and Crash are out of the running for #5. it could be literally anyone else
Hoping that it's Fulgore. Killer Instinct crossover just so that we get the announcer to yell Ultra Combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom