• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
If there's anything I want to point out is that after everyone found out about the Pokémon SS leak on /v/, people started to make fake rumours with the same Ben Affleck picture. So be careful when approaching this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you guys Discussed these yet

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/

Read all of it. This guy apprantly got Banjo's Codename right, and mentioned that Hero would get Alts on June the 2nd

This same guy said KOS-MOS Number 5, and Ryu and Reimu coming later

Credit to this thread for pointing it out

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78104786
You got me there.

4chan is 2% real, 10% illegitimate, and 88% second-rate trying hard piggybackers. No wonder few people use the site anymore. If it were legitimate, it would post the source. And by the way, it's easy to say if you actually predicted the prior DLC. Because where were you when all of the prior characters were revealed?

Paano mo nasabing mabilisan?

Nothing but a second-rate, trying hard, copycat.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Have you guys Discussed these yet

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/

Read all of it. This guy apprantly got Banjo's Codename right, and mentioned that Hero would get Alts on June the 2nd

This same guy said KOS-MOS Number 5, and Ryu and Reimu coming later

Credit to this thread for pointing it out

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78104786
I don't believe it for one main reason, which is that like I've said a lot the last few days, nobody has really had anything solid until a couple days before everything drops. So someone claiming to know 3 characters at once when most leakers can barely get one raises a lot of questions for me.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe it for one main reason, which is that like I've said a lot the last few days, nobody has really had anything solid until a couple days before everything drops. So someone claiming to know 3 characters at once when most leakers can barely get one raises a lot of questions for me.
Know one character and you get the most credibility. Know many characters and you'll get the most skepticism.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The reason it gained traction is due to it being linked to a leak that got Banjo's internal code name correct. The source of that, if legit, would likely be far closer to development than where we typically get leaks from.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Well, ACKSHUALI Morrigan isn't the protag so say hi to Dimitri

99% of the population: "What does Fire Emblem have to do with Darkstalkers?"
Well, he was..originally..the main character status has kinda swapped to Morrigan over the years since her popularity eclipses even the series she comes from.
They even make a joke about this in Cross Edge (I tried to find a video clip of this..but its such an obscure title and it isn't particularly easy to find one particular part). In that game, one of the end game content scenes has someone (Lilith or Felicia I believe) point out that Demitri is still upset about Morrigan stealing the role of protagonist from him.
So while, yes, Demitri, as the titular Vampire, was the original protagonist of the series, it has pretty much shifted over to Morrigan..possibly even by the second game.
You're not the only one.
Glad to hear..Morrigan and Lilith are my favorite fighting game characters and definitely in the top 10 for my favorite characters in anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
eh? Does it sound that important??
It’s a meme that comes from song lyrics involving percentages

i saw it all the time in fandom photo sets on Tumblr... back when the site didn’t have the reputation of the blue hellhole it has now

D

Deleted member

Glad to hear..Morrigan and Lilith are my favorite fighting game characters and definitely in the top 10 for my favorite characters in anything.
Heh, I was today years old when I heard of you being a #Morrigan4Smash supporter. I mean, there's one on Twitter I follow. And also, I've been supporting her ever since I got into Smash.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, he was..originally..the main character status has kinda swapped to Morrigan over the years since her popularity eclipses even the series she comes from.
They even make a joke about this in Cross Edge (I tried to find a video clip of this..but its such an obscure title and it isn't particularly easy to find one particular part). In that game, one of the end game content scenes has someone (Lilith or Felicia I believe) point out that Demitri is still upset about Morrigan stealing the role of protagonist from him.
So while, yes, Demitri, as the titular Vampire, was the original protagonist of the series, it has pretty much shifted over to Morrigan..possibly even by the second game.

Well, since the video TvTropes provided with the english dub is dead, I had to look up for another one and got this one in Japanese (comments on Morrigan's protagonism start at 32:49):
Also, add on to everything, I recall Ryota Niitsuma mentioning once that Demitri couldn't be in MvC because of all the resources that Capcom would have spend on Midnight Bliss models, so he's probably not going to be in another game for a long time.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
AND 100% REASON TO REMEMBER THE NAME.
eh? Does it sound that important??
The phrase redirects here. It could be referring to:
  • You Will Know our Names
  • You Will Recall our Names
  • That Person's Name Is
  • Don't Speak Her Name
This marks the end of my incredibly mediocre (and probably not funny) joke.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hold up, was the Corrin and Dark Samus getting removed thing there the whole time? If it was, why are we even talking about this leak?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Hold up, was the Corrin and Dark Samus getting removed thing there the whole time? If it was, why are we even talking about this leak?
That post just came up half an hour ago when the other post with KOS-MOS was already brought up here, and it's saying things like the next character coms from Postal, so I wouldn't take it as anything other than a joke post

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
That post just came up half an hour ago when the other post with KOS-MOS was already brought up here, and it's saying things like the next character coms from Postal, so I wouldn't take it as anything other than a joke post
Ok gotcha. Don't use 4Chan so not totally sure how that all works

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I can tell, this guy just made this post today and even threw in a bit of trolling.

He may have gotten stuff right before, but I’m seeing no reason to take him seriously, especially since we can’t tell if it’s actually the same person.

D

Deleted member

This is why nobody uses 4chan anymore. It's filled to the rim with tons and tons of fake news. And that's disturbing, coming from a country infamous for seeing fake news on a frequent basis.

This is where all of Mocha Uson's supporters went after their fake news announcements were debunked, because the website is free game these days.

To be straight-to-the point, 4chan is full of lies and deceit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
From what I can tell, this guy just made this post today and even threw in a bit of trolling.

He may have gotten stuff right before, but I’m seeing no reason to take him seriously, especially since we can’t tell if it’s actually the same person.
You’re probably looking at the one with Corrin and Dark Samus potentially being removed right?
That’s a definite troll. Especially considering it says “Dark Side of the Moon” will be added as a song.

D

Deleted member

For once, we can all agree that the Internet is full of deceitful **** that not everything around us has to be trusted 100%.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Happens way too often 'round these parts.

Reminds me of the person who leaked a ton of **** for Devil May Cry 5, then threw in "by the way Dante's gonna be in Smash" at the very end.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Also, add on to everything, I recall Ryota Niitsuma mentioning once that Demitri couldn't be in MvC because of all the resources that Capcom would have spend on Midnight Bliss models, so he's probably not going to be in another game for a long time.
Honestly, Midnight Bliss is pretty much the only reason I'd want him, and that's not happening, so 'eh'. >_>

But people are going on about Morrigan, or Lilith, or Felicia, or Demitri, and I'm just over here asking, "Why not Lei-Lei?" :-(

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah yes, because of course one of the most wanted characters of all time is a very apt comparison to KOS-MOS. I know you hate B-K but don't act like you don't know how he got in over his competition.
I fail to see how it matters when there's other examples like Terry instead of fighting game characters like Heihachi. It's the same principle. Sometimes I think I'm the asshole but considering how often people get their feathers ruffled by facts like "limited resources are a gimmick" or in this case "Well they didn't go for the Microsoft A lister IPs so maybe they'd choose a Namco character who's not an A lister", I think I'm fine

D

Deleted member

Eh Doomguy's cool and all, but my preferred demon hunting badass is Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series.
No offense to that, seeing how he's cool and all, but good luck to the balancing team if they want to make him a combo-based character that won't break the game like Smash 4 Bayo.

I'm not just paranoid about character choice. I'm paranoid about competitive stuff as well. I suggest that if they were to add him, lock him behind a huge skill floor and a really high skill ceiling a la Melee Fox. In other words, don;t make him easy to use and don;t make him Smash 4 Bayo all over again, though I'm not saying he will break the game.

I fail to see how it matters when there's other examples like Terry instead of fighting game characters like Heihachi. It's the same principle. Sometimes I think I'm the ******* but considering how often people get their feathers ruffled by facts like "limited resources are a gimmick" or in this case "Well they didn't go for the Microsoft A lister IPs so maybe they'd choose a Namco character who's not an A lister", I think I'm fine
Well, that's Smash selection for ya.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No offense to that, seeing how he's cool and all, but good luck to the balancing team if they want to make him a combo-based character that won't break the game like Smash 4 Bayo.

I'm not just paranoid about character choice. I'm paranoid about competitive stuff as well. I suggest that if they were to add him, lock him behind a huge skill floor and a really high skill ceiling a la Melee Fox. In other words, don;t make him easy to use and don;t make him Smash 4 Bayo all over again, though I'm not saying he will break the game.
I mean, Bayo is low tier in this game, so not sure why you are worried.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Bayo is low tier in this game, so not sure why you are worried.
I mean, combo-based hack and slash character who can effortlessly do lots of stuff that to me would be broken in Smash. But I mean, yeah, there is a way to keep him a stable top tier with weaknesses.

Whenever someone brings up Dante, I fear that the game's balance will go downhill, despite the manners in which he could be a stable character. I'm just a pessimist, that is all.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I don't know how solid this KOS-MOS leak is, but I think it's pretty funny that before it was revealed in the thread, KOS-MOS's inclusion was a discussion point lol

Personally I would be fine with her. Hope they could make her moveset more than just "lasers and beamswords" but we'd have to see. I like her design and how over-the-top her weapons are, so hopefully they could capture that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, combo-based hack and slash character who can effortlessly do lots of stuff that to me would be broken in Smash. But I mean, yeah, there is a way to keep him a stable top tier with weaknesses.

Whenever someone brings up Dante, I fear that the game's balance will go downhill, despite the manners in which he could be a stable character. I'm just a pessimist, that is all.
We've said this before, if Dante gets in Smash and is broken, that's the balance team's fault, not Dante's

D

Deleted member

I don't know how solid this KOS-MOS leak is, but I think it's pretty funny that before it was revealed in the thread, KOS-MOS's inclusion was a discussion point lol

Personally I would be fine with her. Hope they could make her moveset more than just "lasers and beamswords" but we'd have to see. I like her design and how over-the-top her weapons are, so hopefully they could capture that.
Basically we need more robotic-type characters in the game. Not just ROB or Mega Man.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You got me there.

4chan is 2% real, 10% illegitimate, and 88% second-rate trying hard piggybackers. No wonder few people use the site anymore. If it were legitimate, it would post the source. And by the way, it's easy to say if you actually predicted the prior DLC. Because where were you when all of the prior characters were revealed?

Paano mo nasabing mabilisan?

Nothing but a second-rate, trying hard, copycat.
No?

Why would a leaker give their source? Take it from the guy who extensively catalogued Smash leaks, including those on 4chan, for 3 months. That's suicide for not just them, but their source as well. Furthermore, 4chan is known for a variety of real leaks, such as the ESRB leak, the Sun and Moon leaks, Everyone Is Here! (though it didn't pick up real traction), Intern-kun and the Castlevania music, the DMCV leaks (even though Dante in Smash never happened...), etc. etc. etc. The anonymity of the site facilitates actual leaking, which is what ought to be focused on instead of "4chan bad."

This post makes no sense, random filipino language aside.

Just like any other "leak," take it with a healthy grain of salt and hype responsibly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom