• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Boycotting is an act of exercising the right of protest. It's a way of voting with your wallet, so to say.

my apologies, I though they meant boycott as in full out protests, not just abstaining from buying the game.

Really bad use of wording on my part.

I feel really stupid right now
Like I said, I'm exercising my right of purchase. I'm just being a good consumer who thinks wisely based on personal opinion and what is right. Though this time, it's personal opinion.

Rather than being a ***** right now and screaming at Nintendo, I'm simply not handing them my money.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Like I said, I'm exercising my right of purchase. I'm just being a good consumer who thinks wisely based on personal opinion and what is right. Though this time, it's personal opinion.

Rather than being a ***** right now and screaming at Nintendo, I'm simply not handing them my money.
Sometimes I honestly wonder who else here (like me) didn't actually buy the Pass or any individual fighter yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks, much better response than this:

Never heard of her and people told me nobody knows her except Japan.

Then let me ask you this: do you think Reimu has a better chance than characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Sans?

Like I said never heard of her before Ultimate. Maybe we get her because she is Japans most wanted from the ballot or something I dont know...

I just dont see it.
Touhou has a cult following outside Japan. It isn't mainstream for sure but it certainly isn't say, Sakura Wars levels of obscurity

You're asking someone who doesn't bother thinking about liklihoods

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Boycotting is an act of exercising the right of protest. It's a way of voting with your wallet, so to say.

Yeah, and that's perfectly fine.

it was just really bad wording on my part.

I didn't mean to to offend, my apologies

I think it's just better that I leave for a bit. I done messed up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I honestly wonder who else here (like me) didn't actually buy the Pass or any individual fighter yet.
I didn't buy the pass. In fact, out of all the games that have DLC so far, I never bought it. Because my parents are paranoid and strict about online purchase. I mean, would you risk losing so much personal info that anyone can hack into? A Filipino movie once said, "The world is like the cityof Quiapo. It had so many snatchers. They'll take what you have, so you have to fight!"

Yeah, and that's perfectly fine.

it was just really bad wording on my part.

I didn't mean to to offend, my apologies

I think it's just better that I leave right now. I done messed up
Eh, that's fine. I mess up everyday. Just ask the people tired of my female discussions. Which is why I stopped for a while, then resume if the end result did not justify the means.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Considering the mention of "more opportunities to please the fans" or something with the furthering of the DLC, I'd wager there could be a little possibility in them pleasing the fans with a first party pick or two; not all the fan requests have been third party!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPh3HM6ofWU
No but they got Dragon Quest and Lucas. :mybodyisreggie:
Heyyy, DQ actually released over here and wasn't Lucas added under assumption his game would be coming overseas? Tho I assume Touhou stuff has released overseas?

D

Deleted member

Ayyyyyy we got a development with Reimu. Some info from one of the leakers turned out to be outright wrong today
One of the leakers who leaked concept art confessed he was fake, so he's out.

While this does not lower Reimu's credibility, it does hamper the evidence.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering the mention of "more opportunities to please the fans" or something with the furthering of the DLC, I'd wager there could be a little possibility in them pleasing the fans with a first party pick or two; not all the fan requests have been third party!
I was under the assumption that DLC is more interested in bringing new fans rather than pleasing the old ones, with the exception of Banjo.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I was under the assumption that DLC is more interested in bringing new fans rather than pleasing the old ones, with the exception of Banjo.
And there absolutely couldn't be one or two other "old fan" exceptions that "slip through the cracks", not a single one at all, nope? I mean Geno seems to get a pass in that regard.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And there absolutely couldn't be one or two other "old fan" exceptions that "slip through the cracks", not a single one at all, nope? I mean Geno seems to get a pass in that regard.
I didn't say anything about exceptions.

I'm just pointing out that saying "not all fan requests have been third party" implies we are getting third parties because they are requested which isn't true.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd miss Hanenbow.

You might have noticed that I like all the stages people ****ing hate.
I don't don't understand why we didn't also get "EVERYWHERE IS HERE!"

Out of the 100+ stages in Ultimate, we're only, like, 15 stages away from having every stage ever. Why not just finish it Sakurai?!

So you guys really think we will get an INDIE character only JAPAN knows?
Not as a full character, no. But I could easily see her getting the Sans treatment.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't don't understand why we didn't also get "EVERYWHERE IS HERE!"

Out of the 100+ stages in Ultimate, we're only, like, 15 stages away from having every stage ever. Why not just finish it Sakurai?!
To be fair, there's a reason why stages like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls aren't in Ultimate in the first place

Oh, and Pyorsphere's Ridley Boss would've made things a bit awkward now that we already have a playable Ridley.

Still miffed at no Rainbow Road or Pac-Maze tho

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Heyyy, DQ actually released over here and wasn't Lucas added under assumption his game would be coming overseas?
Yeah, DQ at least regularly comes out here, is not nearly as niche in NA as people like to pretend, and actually used to be a big series here back in the day.

It was actually one of the more popular franchises back in the NES days. And the series might never have BECOME niche in NA if Enix hadn't inexplicably decided not to localize any of the SNES era of the franchise...

To be fair, there's a reason why stages like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls aren't in Ultimate in the first place
Yeah, because they suck. But there's no reason they have to CONTINUE sucking. They coulda brought the stage back while also fixing the problems with it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, because they suck. But there's no reason they have to CONTINUE sucking. They coulda brought the stage back while also fixing the problems with it.
Sure, but that takes time and time was something Ultimate's development cycle didn't have a ton of.

They can add them now, but newcomers having home stages is understandably a bigger priority than having yet another Pokemon or DKC stage.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
They had a similar amount of development time to the usual Smash game, though. But they did prioritise getting everyone back with the scrapping of Trophies and all.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In fact, out of all the games that have DLC so far, I never bought it. Because my parents are paranoid and strict about online purchase. I mean, would you risk losing so much personal info that anyone can hack into?
This isn't exactly an incentive for them to make a female DLC fighter. Why bother catering to someone who won't buy it?

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
So anything new regarding Hayabusa vs. Reimu?
It was discovered the AoCF "leaker" who claimed Reimu was in Smash never in fact leaked anything at all, as all they did was repost images that were already uploaded by Twilight Frontier's lead developer. That's a major credibility-killing blow for the leaker and dampens Reimu's chances significantly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was discovered the AoCF "leaker" who claimed Reimu was in Smash never in fact leaked anything at all, as all they did was repost images that were already uploaded by Twilight Frontier's lead developer. That's a major credibility-killing blow for the leaker and dampens Reimu's chances significantly.
Whelp its back to Hayabusa then.

Tracer, Crash and Reimu are all out of the running now. Lets see what befalls Hayabusa.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Hang on, wouldn't that have been noticed the first time these "leaks" came out? I can only assume that a community as devoted as Touhou's keeps abreast of such things.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Hang on, wouldn't that have been noticed the _first_ time these "leaks" came out? I can only assume that a community as devoted as Touhou's keeps abreast of such things.
That's what surprises me the most about this whole thing. People didn't notice that the "leaker" was lying until just recently. Granted the original design pic posted by Twilight Frontier's lead developer on Twitter got little, if not no attention back when it was originally posted.

That's what surprises me the most about this whole thing. People didn't notice that the "leaker" was lying until just recently. Granted the original design pic posted by Twilight Frontier's lead developer on Twitter got little, if not no attention back when it was originally posted.
People become blinded by excitement when their #1 character gets “evidence” supporting them. It was hard being a Banjo supporter

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There really isn't any convincing evidence for who Fighter #5. Brew to me is pretty sketchy right now as he feels like Loz18 again. So we're going to have wait until the end of October/Early November likely to hear from Vergeben or VRPlant on who #5 is.
Maybe I'm the weird here but if we have to wait until end of the month or november to know the next character I would prefer that Vergeben and VRPlaint don't say anything if they know the character. That's assuming we will know fighter 5 in early november.

I mean, I don't see any point in leaking the character 2-3 days before the official reveal, you know? At that point I'd rather get a total surprise.
If they know something at this moment they should say it now in my opinion, not 1 day before the announcement. That's a bit lame for me.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I still think it's interesting that two different people from two different countries are claiming to have heard from the same doujin circle that they were contacted for Smash, but this is definitely a major blow. Things are still up in the air. Hayabusa is the safest pick that makes the most sense based on what's happened with the pass so far, but there is little hard evidence.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Makes sense. People don't usually care about most leak claims until Smash gets involved.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You say they suck but I actually loved the absolute anarchy that those stages caused with all items on. And having 8 players on them? It's a Hell made in Heaven.
Sure, but that takes time and time was something Ultimate's development cycle didn't have a ton of.

They can add them now, but newcomers having home stages is understandably a bigger priority than having yet another Pokemon or DKC stage.
I am glad we are getting all new stages for DLC. Especially since there were only 4(?) new ones base game. But like, I can't even be mad we only got 4 because the upgrades we got for the Past Stages were more than incredible.

I do hope that if Sakurai/Nintendo continues to support this game for a long time in the future, including a potential Deluxe version for next console, that we at some point get those old stages back. I mean we're only missing a MAX of Seventeen and if you take out the Flat Zones that's 15 you can narrow that down more by taking out stages like Pictochat 1 and Sector Z (Even tho I prefer Z over Corneria), 13-15 stages in the grand scheme really isn't that many. Mostly I just think it's a REAL shame to lose Woolly World, Orbital Gate Assault, Pyrosphere, Pac-Maze, and Jungle Hyjinx. Like, I get there are reasons they're not in but there's easy work around for all of them. Namely, just don't include certain ones in Stage Morph.

Maybe one day we'll have "Everywhere is Here".

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Seems to me that a lot of the Reimu talk originated because her base has been getting bigger, and so they've been digging up these things. Question is, are they the same people finding these flaws as well? I sort of hope so.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Wow, so Reimu's time in the speculation sun lasted less than Hayabusa before the SNK leak, it seems.

I still have my hunch about Capcom, so if I had to guess it's between the RE crew, Phoenix Wright and Hayabusa imo. That said, I'll admit I'm more curious about next season than CP5, because the way things have been going, we can expect some big reveals to open the next batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom