• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ruby Heart from MvC2
Potentially, but this is a weird pick.

SACKBOY PLEASE PUT SACKBOY
Deal. I cut him early on when I was trying to condense the slots, but after some deconfirmations, there is enough room.

One more slot left. I said 127 when I meant to say 126. Now there's 127.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I see your Samurai Cowgirl and raise you a Gun Nun.

I actually prefer Gemini, but Erica is cool, too.

Also... different game, but the best Nun (not in Smash since Bayonetta is a Gun Nun) is actually a Demon Lesbian (it kinda rhymes, too).

I think you mean Only Fighting game by Netherealms
I'm pretty sure that Samsho and FExL did. Also, BBTag released/revealed characters in groups.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So there's one thing that caught my attention with the recent Reimu rumors (say that fast five times) and it's the song selection.

That list on the original tweet had 23 songs, people. That's almost as much as our current 3 DLCs combined. It sounds even less possible if most were remixes.

Dunno, that just stuck out to me as an oddity.

Also, UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin , might I interest you in a League champion for your list? Preferably Ahri, but anyone else would be fine too. People don't talk much about it here, so maybe it's not on your radar yet?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
D

Deleted member

So there's one thing that caught my attention with the recent Reimu rumors (say that fast five times) and it's the song selection.

That list on the original tweet had 23 songs, people. That's almost as much as our current 3 DLCs combined. It sounds even less possible if most were remixes.

Also, UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin , might I interest you in a League champion for your list? Preferably Ahri, but anyone else would be fine too. People don't talk much about it here, so maybe it's not on your radar yet?
Eh, who knows. Perhaps the team liked the music so much they gave it the Castlevania treatment.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
2019-10-20 (4).png

This was Sackboy's third appearance, and was also where he ceased to be in the brackets. You had to make it into the highlighted yellow to continue forward in the bracket, and if you failed to make it there, you were cut from the brackets. The Orange highlighting were Wildcard picks after the brackets stopped, and the Red highlighting were Wild-Wildcard picks that re-entered further on. My whole spreadsheet now has approximately 11000 lines.

Yes. I've been holding character brackets back from the Smash 4 days, and this list clearly shows that. See Dark Samus? Yeah. That was only a possibility when this was going on, and they were on the verge of being cut.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
View attachment 242888
This was Sackboy's third appearance, and was also where he ceased to be in the brackets. You had to make it into the highlighted yellow to continue forward in the bracket, and if you failed to make it there, you were cut from the brackets. The Orange highlighting were Wildcard picks after the brackets stopped, and the Red highlighting were Wild-Wildcard picks that re-entered further on. My whole spreadsheet now has approximately 11000 lines.

Yes. I've been holding character brackets back from the Smash 4 days, and this list clearly shows that. See Dark Samus? Yeah. That was only a possibility when this was going on, and they were on the verge of being cut.
I wish I could be this hardcore.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
>doesn't think that all of these series are very likely
>doesn't list Dynasty Warriors

Yep. Zhao Yun's a total lock now, and no I'm not going mentally insane you are.
Dynasty Warriors would be one of the series I forgot about (that and, honestly, I think a Ninja Gaiden or even Dead or Alive character is more likely from Tecmo Koei).

Plank08

Smash Lord
View attachment 242888

Wait, what is this bracket measured on? Likelihood? Popularity? etc?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wait, what is this bracket measured on? Likelihood? Popularity? etc?
Mix of opinion and likelihood. By this, I mean that I give first-parties a better shot then what they probably deserve.

might I interest you in a League champion for your list? Preferably Ahri,
I'll put a League of Legends rep into the bracket if you can tell me which would be a good representative.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How would you guys feel if Marx got in over bandanna dee? Personally, I would be estatic
Really disappointed that my Bandana boy missed the boat and even more concerned that Sakurai thinks Kirby ended with him.

But I'd love Marx he's a great character.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'll put a League of Legends rep into the bracket if you can tell me which would be a good representative.
Ahri's the closest to a consensus pick in the LoL thread. She's not only one of LoL's main poster children, she's also a symbol of League's design philosophy and it's very easy to tell what she's supposed to be (half-kitsune). If a MOBA character is indeed chosen, chances are Sakurai might go for one with clear Japanese elements / inspiration like her.

There are other characters to pick from of course, Roberk made a very detailed argument for Vi way back.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
One thing I would like for them to do is to enable select songs from other series outside the categories.

Like Pokemon and Street Fighter music on Boxing Ring, Mysterious Castle Marasume on Shinjaku Castle and Gangplank Galleon on Pirate Ship
Hell...yes. You should honestly be able to set the music of any given stage to a playlist of your choosing.

I'd just make one giant playlist of every sound that I love and set that to play on every stage...

Hard disagree. The series is pushing almost 30 years going in Japan and regularly sells out convention centers dedicated to it and it alone.
Oh yeah? What kind of attendance numbers?

Official releases for some of the fan-games do exist on Switch and AoCF is coming.
Wait...how does a fan-game have an "official" release? If the game is officially endorsed, it's not a fan-game anymore.

Just imagine if this trend continued...what would The Hero's poster look like, drawn by mother****ing Akira Toriyama?
It'd look like a bunch of Smash characters with either Goku or Bulma's face. Since Toriyama only knows how to draw, like, 4 faces.

Nintendo doing their best to make everything seem like a surprise reveal yet everyone keeps leaking them for reasons God knows what. Shameful community we live in, eh?
Uh, Nintendo is the one that keeps leaking their own ****.

Ryu files found in the game. Castlevania music goes up on the website. SNK copyright shows up on the store, etc...

Nintendo understands the power of a Smash reveal. I mean they all but bookended their E3 with DLC to a game that released the year before. That's how powerful it is.
They know that nothing gets them a "Nintendo just won E3!" like a Smash reveal.

If Hayabusa is coming down the line, I'm just hoping that we don't get this:

Without this:
I do hope the Black Falcon outfit is his main, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic outfit as his alt.

I feel glad for the people who got their predictions list right, but I also feel bad for them since desperate Smash fans will end up harassing them, mistaking for an insider.
If it meant my top 4 picks all just happened to get into Smash, I'd learn to tolerate the harassment.

D

Deleted member

Uh, Nintendo is the one that keeps leaking their own ****.

Ryu files found in the game. Castlevania music goes up on the website. SNK copyright shows up on the store, etc
Nintendo: Screw you a~holes, we'll do it ourselves!

Shroob

Sup?
Hell...yes. You should honestly be able to set the music of any given stage to a playlist of your choosing.

I'd just make one giant playlist of every sound that I love and set that to play on every stage...

Numbers? No idea, it's a walk-in and out kind of event.

But back in 2011, the event had almost 5 thousand doujin circle groups attending to sell their ****:

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Reitaisai

This includes stuff like remixed music, fan-games, fan-made anime, figurines, manga and those kinda books, etc

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
According to this /jp/ post, the Reitaisai in 2015 had 52000 attendees; best I got. Still, that's bigger than every anime convention in North America except for Anime Expo.
1571634855546.png

Wait...how does a fan-game have an "official" release? If the game is officially endorsed, it's not a fan-game anymore.
It was originally a self-published game for sale in Japan (most likely at a convention or doujin event) and got an official translated release on the eShop at a later date.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Licensing would be cheaper for Touhou than say, Dragon Quest considering how incredibly lax ZUN is to the point he goes "Hey y'all pirate my ****"

SirCamp

Smash Ace
QUICK

Somebody give me a fighter idea for Smash that I most likely don't have written down.

Hint, I have 127 written down and I need one more for a 128 character bracket.
I’m curious, do you have Pete the Story of Seasons farmer in your bracket? I feel Story of Seasons tends to be over looked

If this Reimu leak ends up being true, meh. Fine, whatever. I just hope we can still expect to see some characters who are globally popular. There are still so many big franchises yet to be in Smash, and yet here we are possibly getting an indie character who’s mainly only popular in Japan. Just seems super random

D

Deleted member

If this Reimu leak ends up being true, meh. Fine, whatever. I just hope we can still expect to see some characters who are globally popular. There are still so many big franchises yet to be in Smash, and yet here we are possibly getting an indie character who’s mainly only popular in Japan. Just seems super random
Looks like the meme I made actually came true.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here’s a summary of recent developments from leaks/rumors; this info comes from PapaGenos and Fatmanonice (I haven’t chatted with Sabi myself, but saw what she said in PapaGenos’s video):

-Crash could be coming later down the line, but likely not the next three characters, if the leak is legit. Sabi isn’t 100% sure what her NoA source meant, but I guess to her(?) and PapaGenos, knowing a character isn’t in without knowing the others seems odd.

-To Sabi, the Mii costume leak is legit.

-Ryu Hayabusa is most-likely Fighter #5.

-Apparently, the worst insiders have said about Geno’s chances is that he’s 50%. I guess more than Brew have heard him.

-I don’t think anyone knows about Reimu, so currently we only have the “Doujin Leak” or whatever they’re calling it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom