• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow, so Reimu's time in the speculation sun lasted less than Hayabusa before the SNK leak, it seems.

I still have my hunch about Capcom, so if I had to guess it's between the RE crew, Phoenix Wright and Hayabusa imo. That said, I'll admit I'm more curious about next season than CP5, because the way things have been going, we can expect some big reveals to open the next batch.
Hayabusa's been around since December so...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here I am just waiting on Smash fans to jump on a fake yet elaborate Adol leak.
Adol? The presumed official name of the protagonist of Lufia and the fortress of doom? Hell yeah I want to be on that hype train.

That game deserves more attention.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone who was working in one of the doujin circles involved with touhou made a tweet saying (this is the google translate version) "I'm really happy that I was involved in this commercial project where so famous music circles are coming together, and I can assure you that I will never have such an opportunity again in the future"

Huh now this is more confusing

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Someone who was working in one of the doujin circles involved with touhou made a tweet saying (this is the google translate version) "I'm really happy that I was involved in this commercial project where so famous music circles are coming together, and I can assure you that I will never have such an opportunity again in the future"

They mention Smash Brothers in that tweet. I ain't fluent in Japanese, but I can read some.

Edit: Yeah, this is what my google translate says: "I'm really happy to be involved in this commercial project where the famous music circles are gathered together because of the Super Smash Bros."

Seems a little blatant to me.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[snip]

スマッシュブラザーズ

that's Smash Bros. written in Katakana; it's often abbreviated as スマブラ tho

KatKit

Smash Lord
Never. Estelle or bust.

Kidding, I know Ys would probably have priority.
No need to kid, Estelle is awesome. I'm hoping Kiseki comes to the Switch one day. Especially since Ys is back on Nintendo consoles again.

At this point, I'd be content with Mii costumes and some songs, just for the exposure. I think the fact that Nihon Falcom is still pumping out some of the best games in their respective genre with (comparatively) shoestring budgets and without merging with other companies is quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
CRASH
I'm DYING to here the mii costume/Crash leaker respond to the NOA guy's statement about "No Crash, No Tracer". If the mii costume/Crash guy sticks to his guns about Crash being #5, **** is bouta get mad interesting. Regardless, I think it's fair to speculate that Crash is in the pipeline.

REIMU
The Touhou tracklist is a MAJOR curveball. It appears that this has been in the works since Nov 2018, according to the "leak" shown in PapaGenos vid, so theres a great shot Reimu could be #5. This could also all lead back to that leak where some guy said a girl with a flying weapon is coming to Smash (idk Reimu's weapon, but this could be what he was talking about regardless).

RYU
Shifty and Brew have the same source who said he was fighter #4, but Papa made a great point in his video about how leakers tend to get the order of the fighters wrong. However, this "leak" occurred right around when Ryu was added to Warriors Orochi 4 ULTIMATE. Just something to keep in mind.

OVERALL
IMO, I see the current running for Fighter #5 at 45% Reimu, 35% Ryu, 20% Crash.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
So, what does this twitt mean for the Reimu rumours. Does it make things clearer or just messier?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
No need to kid, Estelle is awesome. I'm hoping Kiseki comes to the Switch one day. Especially since Ys is back on Nintendo consoles again.

At this point, I'd be content with Mii costumes and songs. The fact that Nihon Falcom is still pumping out some of the best games in their respective genre with shoestring budgets and without merging with other companies is quite an accomplishment.
Yeah, my point is more that even though I'd rather have Trails in Smash, I understand Ys would probably fare better. I'm also a Klonoa fan, for example, but I understand there's pretty much no way he's making it before all of Bamco's signature franchises.

That said, the music alone makes me want Trails. Especially the battle themes from Cold Steel - but Sky has some really great tunes too.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

This would clearly break any and all NDAs in place. I already felt that working with so many circles made it way too much of a risk for leaks. But this is the killing blow for me, it can't not be a hoax.

This would clearly break any and all NDAs in place. I already felt that working with so many circles made it way too much of a risk for leaks. But this is the killing blow for me, it can't not be a hoax.
I was just gonna say this. In what world would someone involved with Smash be allowed to talk so openly and publicly about working on upcoming Smash content?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Pretty sure he liked that some time yesterday, before this new development came out
Yeah, I think it's from yesterday. This tweet is a bit old too. They even reposted a "newer" version right below it after the new stuff.

That said... I'm starting to think that this thing with the songs may not be for Smash at all. Considering the tweet just posted here in the thread, it could just be that the next Touhou game is pulling a massive collab, but that's it. That's what I'm making of this situation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
According to a friend who’s a huge Touhou buff on discord, Cannonball doesn’t even use some of the most iconic Touhou songs, which are a must if this were Smash.

Not even kidding, some songs are basically ascended memes if you browse YouTube a lot. UN Owen Was Her? Night of Nights? Those are big ones

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
The guy in the Touhou circle said that those songs were for smash tho, correct?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
According to a friend who’s a huge Touhou buff on discord, Cannonball doesn’t even use some of the most iconic Touhou songs, which are a must if this were Smash.

Not even kidding, some songs are basically ascended memes if you browse YouTube a lot. UN Owen Was Her? Night of Nights? Those are big ones
On UN Owen was her, the song "Sunny Mists Scarlet Milk Incident" has a portion of that song in it.

As for the others, that I cannot guess.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So we're pretty much back to square one with speculation with Ryu Hayabusa being the front runner for FP5 with the others being Crash and an unknown third character

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So we're pretty much back to square one with speculation with Ryu Hayabusa being the front runner for FP5 with the others being Crash and an unknown third character
Except Crash had been ruled out too as well. So its just Ryu and said random character.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
When Nintendo of Europe accidentally slips up again and lists Capcom as the copyright holders for the last Fighters Pass character, it's gonna be over for all yall. The Resident Evil gang will come out on top, just you wait!

Wasn't Bad Apple also missing from that list? You know, the one Touhou song most normies know about? I dunno much about Touhou, but that was the one omission that stuck out to me the most.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Im sorry if I missed something, but why are people disregarding the Touhou tracklist when the insider said that those songs were specifically for Smash?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When Nintendo of Europe accidentally slips up again and lists Capcom as the copyright holders for the last Fighters Pass character, it's gonna be over for all yall. The Resident Evil gang will come out on top, just you wait!
Dante, RE rep and Phoenix Wright are the frontrunners I see for another Capcom rep.

Love me some Amaterasu but I apparently don't see her happening though I'd like to be surprised and thrilled.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm getting some Milk-BOSATU flashbacks with how convoluted this Reimu leak is getting.

Funnily enough I was just about to say that I think a Resident Evil character has probably the best chance if Hayabusa for some reason isn't the last Fighters Pass character. It's probably gonna be Hayabusa.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that DLC fighter 5 proves to be Katalina and that was right all along. Picture the reactions to that.

And then Hayabusa was actually right but he's the first post-Pass DLC fighter.

;P

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
The guy in the Touhou circle said that those songs were for smash tho, correct?
The leaker's claim is, the actual rumor floating around is "Hmm-hmm Koubou (name of a doujin circle) is doing Touhou remixes for Smash".
And the list of tracks is what he heard. Also, he said "Doujin Circle known for their orchestral remixes of Touhou is invloved". So both combined, that leads to a certain doujin circle.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Dante, RE rep and Phoenix Wright are the frontrunners I see for another Capcom rep.

Love me some Amaterasu but I apparently don't see her happening though I'd like to be surprised and thrilled.
capcom wanted ammy to be big. but she never was.
but honestly, i'd still prefer wolf link over her.
i can see this Reimu character as a mii costume.
capcom is getting another character for sure. and of all the major Japanese fighting game devs only arc system doesnt have a rep.sakurai was a huge fof and blaze blue player back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom