• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
PapaGenos said he was the same guy who told him about Banjo & Kazooie during the Grinch leak (he did say they’d be DLC and only theorized how they could be in the basegame because of the Grinch leak), and that the guy’s source for this new info is from IGN; he came to PapaGenos directly.
This doesn't really make sense. I really doubt anyone aside from Vergeben knew of any DLC before they even announced it. And besides, anyone could come to PapaGenos and say that Banjo or Geno is in and he would believe them. Just look at how many "GENO LEAK" videos he's made.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Im confused as to how anyone could discredit PapaGenos as clickbait when he’s never been “all in” on a theory since Grinch. Additionally, the only reason he thought Grinch was legit was because his insider was telling him Banjo (which happened). So I guess that could be considered the lone strike against Papa?

He never poses as a leaker, just a guy with insider info that tells us what he’s heard and breaks it down.

Re: Ryu/Crash
Im more inclined to believe Papa’s source about Crash than Twisty’s source about Ryu rn due to the specificity of those mii costume picks, specifically stating NO Micro mii costumes, as well as claiming that LUMINARY specifically would be the lead DQ rep. Additionally, Shifty said Ryu would be fighter 4 right around the time Ryu was added in to Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate; thats an error to take into consideration.

Re: Geno
I think it’s important to note that that mii costume list didnt include Sans; this could relate to Geno’s inclusion to Smash as well. I could easily see Geno getting the Sans treatment instead of a full fighter. We’ll see.

It’s also illegitimate criticism to assume that Papa would “spout” Geno info when he got it just because he wants the character in. He’s stated countless times that his channel is objective in covering smash speculation, and has proved it with his coverage throughout the buildup/reveal of Banjo (his 2nd most wanted).

OVERALL
In the “leak runnings” rn, IMO I see Ryu with a 45% chance of being #5, with Crash at 55%. While Ryce isn’t backing Crash, the fact that he’s taking Papa’s source seriously should go to show you that this isn’t some random 4chan post.

So who do I want added in to Smash Bros? Banjo-Kazooie.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This doesn't really make sense. I really doubt anyone aside from Vergeben knew of any DLC before they even announced it. And besides, anyone could come to PapaGenos and say that Banjo or Geno is in and he would believe them. Just look at how many "GENO LEAK" videos he's made.
He usually just takes leaks into consideration; I don’t recall him believing in any Geno leaks (or even any leaks at all save for maybe Grinch, which many people wanted to believe; he just finds some to be plausible) and he even says when they turn out to be fake. He just goes over leaks and either informs people that they’re fake, or he doesn’t know but keeps them in mind. If I recall, this source he has seemed like he showed him proof or something for his position or whatever, as back during the Grinch stuff, PapaGenos claimed he’s someone he really trusts because of who they are.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
He usually just takes leaks into consideration; I don’t recall him believing in any Geno leaks (or even any leaks at all; he just finds some to be plausible) and he even says when they turn out to be fake. He just goes over leaks and either informs people that they’re fake, or he doesn’t know but keeps them in mind. If I recall, this source he has showed him proof or something for his position or whatever, as PapaGenos claimed he was someone he really trusts because of who they were.
this ^

Im not saying Papa is the New York Times, but hes not LaxChris.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Ok, people saying Papageno is bad:

you guys don’t clearly watch his content. He’s very good at being middle ground completely. He’s a good dude with a solid heart. The only thing I hated that he did was team up to do a E3 thing with BlockedContent and LaxChris.

Both are super terrible and go and cover fake leaks which I’m sure half they make up. LaxChris even said he would stop covering fake leaks but it probably stopped his revenue and he went back to it. Blocked and Lax are greedy lazy youtubers. Papageno puts heart and thought into his videos.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok, people saying Papageno is bad:

you guys don’t clearly watch his content. He’s very good at being middle ground completely. He’s a good dude with a solid heart. The only thing I hated that he did was team up to do a E3 thing with BlockedContent and LaxChris.

Both are super terrible and go and cover fake leaks which I’m sure half they make up. LaxChris even said he would stop covering fake leaks but it probably stopped his revenue and he went back to it. Blocked and Lax are greedy lazy youtubers. Papageno puts heart and thought into his videos.
Blocked used to be a decent YouTuber too, making those fan made Snake Codecs and Palutena guidances.

Then he decided covering every single leak on 4chan was a good idea and... here we are

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Since I havent played either series:

- What would Crash's stage, logo, final smash, taunts, and victory theme be?

- Same questions for Ryu

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Japanese casual gamers' reactions to Doomguy is hilarious. YouTube comments on this kind of videos are not from people like in 5chan so I think these are the actual genuine Japanese normies' impressions.
I want an another Japan/West double reveal.

Translating some of them.
"Not really sure how to say but I don't think this kind of character will never be in."
"This is from a western game or FPS right? I don't think so either."
"Yeah lol. From FPS lol."
"Looks like a character added Samus and Snake then divided by 2."
"If this one can make it in, then even a soldier from Earth Defence Force 5 has a chance. I don't think this will happen."
"Elementary kids might get interested in CERO Z games so no."
"Samus."
"Too Samus."
"I kinda heard of the name but don't know."
"Yeah, most western games are like that here."
"Is he from Pacific Rim?"
"Samus alternate."
"Wikipedia says it's a controversial game with extream violence and gore. I think it's difficult for him to get in."
"Seems Overwatch rep is more likely than this guy as characterization wise."
"HALO-ish character."
"I beat Switch version so personally I like his inclusion. Mii costume is good enough though."
"We already have Snake."
"I love FPS games but most of them are very violent so I think it's hard to get a representation. Even Rathalos' tail amputation mechanic was cut off in the game."
"I think HALO's Master Chief is much better choice than DOOM. It's not gory as DOOM and has actual stories."
"Samus."
another reason why nobody listen to Youtube comment section
yikes

SNEKeater

Smash Master

- Same questions for Ryu
The logo for Crash could be the Aku Aku mask. Stage? Probably the N. Sanity beach, the first level of the first game.
I can see his dance for one of the taunts, it would be very cool. This one:

Victory theme, maybe a remix of this:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

- Same questions for Ryu
Here's mine for Crash:
Stage
N-Sanity Beach (Boulder as a stage hazard.)

Logo
Wumpa Fruit

Final Smash
Stampeding Pursuit (Crash runs away as the Boulder from 1st game, Giant Polar Bear from 2nd, Triceratops from Warped, Dragon/Rhinos/Tsunami/Avalanche and the Solar Flare from Wrath of Cortex, The School Bus/Rusty Walrus from Twinsanity and the giant spiked wheel from Mind over Mutant trample across the stage running over opponents, launching them to the blast zone.) This is a reference to the chase levels found in the Crash games.

Taunts
1. Crash does several tricks with his yo-yo.
2. Aku-Aku floats around him.
3. Faces the screen and wiggles his eyebrows.

Victory Theme
Don't know?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While PapaGenos does cover a lot of leaks which may or may not be worth discussing, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to make up information. He seems to genuinely enjoy what he does too much to create a fake leak for no reason other than clickbait.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
While PapaGenos does cover a lot of leaks which may or may not be worth discussing, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to make up information. He seems to genuinely enjoy what he does too much to create a fake leak for no reason other than clickbait.
I don't think he'd make up information. I do think that getting him to report on something is a bit too easy, though.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't think he'd make up information. I do think that getting him to report on something is a bit too easy, though.
If the Smash community makes a big deal out of something posted on the internet (which we do all the time), he'll cover the origins of "leak" in his videos. He states his opinion on the "leak" at the end of each video, and its typically skeptical.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
NoA stands for Nintendo of America right? If so I can believe it.

In that case guess we can rule Crash and Tracer out as DLC fighter 5. Still have a chance for post-Pass though.

Looks like Hayabusa's back in the running as DLC fighter 5 possibility. Him or another character we might not know.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So who do all of you guys think is the most likely #5 pick? My money’s of Ryu but I hope it’s someone no one talks about like Shantae, or Rayman or Scorpion or just flat out geno
Or Sackboy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still just imagine if it turns out to be Agumon.

Someone unexpected but would generate hype due to Pokemon vs. Digimon finally happening in a game.

Doom Slayer however is still in the running too unless eventually stated otherwise at some point by Nintendo of America.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Japanese casual gamers' reactions to Doomguy is hilarious. YouTube comments on this kind of videos are not from people like in 5chan so I think these are the actual genuine Japanese normies' impressions.
I want an another Japan/West double reveal.

Translating some of them.
"Not really sure how to say but I don't think this kind of character will never be in."
"This is from a western game or FPS right? I don't think so either."
"Yeah lol. From FPS lol."
"Looks like a character added Samus and Snake then divided by 2."
"If this one can make it in, then even a soldier from Earth Defence Force 5 has a chance. I don't think this will happen."
"Elementary kids might get interested in CERO Z games so no."
"Samus."
"Too Samus."
"I kinda heard of the name but don't know."
"Yeah, most western games are like that here."
"Is he from Pacific Rim?"
"Samus alternate."
"Wikipedia says it's a controversial game with extream violence and gore. I think it's difficult for him to get in."
"Seems Overwatch rep is more likely than this guy as characterization wise."
"HALO-ish character."
"I beat Switch version so personally I like his inclusion. Mii costume is good enough though."
"We already have Snake."
"I love FPS games but most of them are very violent so I think it's hard to get a representation. Even Rathalos' tail amputation mechanic was cut off in the game."
"I think HALO's Master Chief is much better choice than DOOM. It's not gory as DOOM and has actual stories."
"Samus."
Imagine Japanese Doombros using "hoes mad" if he gets in.
My money’s of Ryu
Same. I think Travis, Doomguy, and Phoenix Wright have a big chance too.
What's he getting cranky at?

D

Deleted member

So... is this like a Hitagi situation, where they supposedly know who’s NOT in, but won’t say who IS in? Cause that’s annoying
Could be a situation where they probably know which company is involved but don't have or can't share the rest of the news.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Watch that unfortunately for us they don't reveal DLC fighter 5 until the VGA (December 12th). ;P
Not a big deal. To me, nothing can be more agonizing than the six months between the VGA's and E3. And the last character has to be out before February 2020 ends, so Nintendo has to reveal them quickly.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I hope when the smash bros roster is complete they make a PSABR style cgi video at the end showcasing all the characters, and use that to advertise the complete version of smash bros, or even just a remake of everyone is here would be enough

D

Deleted member

Not a big deal. To me, nothing can be more agonizing than the six months between the VGA's and E3. And the last character has to be out before February 2020 ends, so Nintendo has to reveal them quickly.
Doubt that there's going to be a drought as long as that one. Given that currently they must be working on Fighter 6+ concurrently with Fighter 5 and Terry, I feel that most likely we will get a reveal every 2~3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope when the smash bros roster is complete they make a PSABR style cgi video at the end showcasing all the characters, and use that to advertise the complete version of smash bros, or even just a remake of everyone is here would be enough
It would be awesome to have a new version of the intro that includes the final roster with all the DLC

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think it'll be Hayabusa or a Tales rep for the 5th Fighter. Either way I believe both will be in eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom