• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That is true, he is very often in leaks but I feel that could be a sign that he has a chance for a spot, the fact that he’s always just in leaks to me says that he’s a character with a genuine chance, if he’s appearing in leaks more than any other character than surely there’s a reason. If any other character were to be in the same situation, (being that they appear in leaks constantly) than I would say the same thing. But who knows, i could very well be wrong, it’s just my opinion after all.
Doomguy has also found his way onto a lot of leaks. I don't think the amount of leaks a character appears on really matters.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
What does everyone think the chances of us getting another "Western" character in Smash Ultimate?
I think the only big Japanese franchise left without is Resident Evil/Biohazard IMO.
Define 'big'. Because I'd personally quantify a load of remaining series to be pretty big, especially if you're not focusing on international appeal.

You've got mobile stuff like Granblue and Kancolle, and the juggernaut multi-media franchise that is Fate. Plus iDOLM@STER.
You've got long-running rhythm games like Beatmania, Taiko no Tetsujin, etc.
You've got everything handled by SCEJ (not that I expect these to come to Smash).
Then everything that never topped the charts, but still had a notable presence (Everything from DoA to Silent Hill to Bubble Bobble to "Tales of")
and a lot more.

There's plenty of potential for Western characters, but it's short-sighted to think Japan's potential has been spent.

D

Deleted member

This is Ryce from ResetEra. I haven't visited this site in years, but a friend linked me to this discussion and I just wanted to say that I don't know anything about Ultimate's DLC -- I'm only speculating.
Good to know. This is all mad guessing, and nothing of it is true until the final word has been reached.

Still gotta wait on Vergeben's last word on this until we truly know.
Dude I just wanna link the "Bird is the Word" thing from Family Guy.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is Ryce from ResetEra. I haven't visited this site in years, but a friend linked me to this discussion and I just wanted to say that I don't know anything about Ultimate's DLC -- I'm only speculating.
Welcome back, have fun speculating.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Can someone post what the "Crash leak" is and why it is credible? I am not digging through pages of discussion.

As for whether the final character is Crash or Ryu Hayabusa, keep in mind no one was saying Terry up until Nintendo's slip up with the SNK copyright a week before the Nintendo Direct. It might very well be that the final character similarly blindsides us.

I am just going to wait and see. I would be surprised if Ryu Hayabusa did not happen at all though. Out of all of Tecmo-Koei's characters, he easily has the most legacy and appeal. My personal prediction is that we will probably see him, Geno, some sort of Namco-Bandai newcomer, and a Capcom newcomer before DLC wraps up. I also think we will most likely see some sort of Western character as a newcomer, and it will probably be one of Crash, Doomslayer, or Steve. I don't really have a dog in the race anymore.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Can someone post what the "Crash leak" is and why it is credible? I am not digging through pages of discussion.

As for whether the final character is Crash or Ryu Hayabusa, keep in mind no one was saying Terry up until Nintendo's slip up with the SNK copyright a week before the Nintendo Direct. It might very well be that the final character similarly blindsides us.

I am just going to wait and see. I would be surprised if Ryu Hayabusa did not happen at all though. Out of all of Tecmo-Koei's characters, he easily has the most legacy and appeal. My personal prediction is that we will probably see him, Geno, some sort of Namco-Bandai newcomer, and a Capcom newcomer before DLC wraps up. I also think we will most likely see some sort of Western character as a newcomer, and it will probably be one of Crash, Doomslayer, or Steve. I don't really have a dog in the race anymore.
Here:
Papagenos isn't ever dishonest about whenever someone sends info to him, and when he does this kind of stuff its because the person has something going for them.

The Foff

Smash Rookie
Doomguy has also found his way onto a lot of leaks. I don't think the amount of leaks a character appears on really matters.
That’s fair, I mean they’re just leaks you can’t even rely on them to be honest, but I still feel that Hayabusa is the next character, if not him, then who? Doomguy, would love to see him, he’d have such a unique moveset and would be a great 1st Bethesda character, but i feel that if he were to get in, they would have revealed him already.. Master Chief, I don’t see happening since we just got Banjo & Kazooie for a Microsoft character.. Heihachi, would be a cool character, but Sakurai said that he would be difficult to develop.. A lot of other characters are in similar situations, or would hard to get rights for.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the Grinch leak was a once-in-a-lifetime event. I don't think ANY type of leak, real or fake, is gonna split the community more than the Grinch did.
I mean, it was that convincing enough to affect the entire fanbase. But in the end it made them look like idiots.

Capcom newcomer before DLC wraps up.
"Don't do that. Don't give me hope."

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Here:
Papagenos isn't ever dishonest about whenever someone sends info to him, and when he does this kind of stuff its because the person has something going for them.
I'd rather not watch the video, but if he had this in July, Why has he not spoken about this until now?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The source only.mentioned Crash recently. That, or clickbait as El Grande Padre di Jeno does clickbait in contrary to what his devout fans have you believe
I still have issues. He usually brings up leaks he has when something gets confirmed on them, the Mii costumes currently have some unconfirmed on them and also points to the possibility of Geno being playable. So I really don't know why he wouldn't cover it. The whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still have issues. He usually brings up leaks he has when something gets confirmed on them, the Mii costumes currently have some unconfirmed on them and also points to the possibility of Geno being playable. So I really don't know why he wouldn't cover it. The whole thing rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah it doesn't quite add up as you'd think PapaGENO would spout this stuff involving Geno a lot earlier than now

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here:
People can't write it out? I just saw a screencap of Mii costumes (which is suspicious). Its easily possible Crash is DLC but not the fifth spot to the Fighters Pass.

"Don't do that. Don't give me hope."
The thing with a Capcom character is that there is a wide variety of possibilities. Dante (Devil May Cry), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), a classic Resident Evil character (one of Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire), and Monster Hunter are all very recognizable and would turn heads. I think there is at least decent prospects one happens, even with the high probability that there are just three slots for post-Fighters Pass DLC.

Out of all DLC possibilities (since I don't think Nintendo characters will happen), a Capcom one has me interested the most because I did really like RE4 (though personally I think a RE rep is most likely going to be Chris and that's it) and the Ace Attorney games. We shall see what happens.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
The thing with a Capcom character is that there is a wide variety of possibilities. Dante (Devil May Cry), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), a classic Resident Evil character (one of Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire), and Monster Hunter are all very recognizable and would turn heads.
Power Stone, it is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but hear me out

Amaterasu.

Mainly cause they’ve teased a new Okami game (no, Okami-den for DS didn’t count) and she’d be perfect for promotion

sobs in Viewtiful Joe... when will he come back? WHEEEENNNNN???

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I just realized that all the ultimate stages have cameos in them, Sakurais really trying to reinforce everyone is here.
If Crash is on the way, Dingodile better be somewhere.
Ok but hear me out

Amaterasu.

Mainly cause they’ve teased a new Okami game (no, Okami-den for DS didn’t count) and she’d be perfect for promotion

I love Okami, definetely a Wave 2 possibility. And god bless Viewtiful Joe... He was prominent on GCN, wish he had an argument to be made.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok but hear me out

Amaterasu.

In addition, Capcom is expressing interest to revive their IPs lately.

cries and begs in Darkstalkers

D

Deleted member

Oh lucky seven numbers. Anyways, the whole Mii costumes for Mallow and Smithy just rubs me on the wrong way. Them being from a single game and not being released along with Geno seems odd as pretty much its the only character that could be related to them unless Geno is among the costumes.

Remember when people were expecting for Banjo related costumes with Banjo but at the end we didn't get anything Banjo related? Even if Geno was coming there's zero guarantee of Mii costumes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh lucky seven numbers. Anyways, the whole Mii costumes for Mallow and Smithy just rubs me on the wrong way. Them being from a single game and not being released along with Geno seems odd as pretty much its the only character that could be related to them unless Geno is among the costumes.
To be fair, he didn’t say when they’d release.

Though it is possible he didn’t hear Geno, but he’s still a costume with the other two.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the """source""" is simply a cropped discord message with a blacked out name is proof enough that it could just be an edited photo, much like people have done with Sabi

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
When you're dealing with legal wording, I'd imagine translating takes more than "on the fly" translations.
I'd also imagine there's an entire industry dedicated to handling those thing, a Nintendo is likely to have an entire department of such people.

What does everyone think the final dlc character will be in terms of their actual chance and credible leaks?
It's Hayabusa cause he's the one I want.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Meanwhile, in Dino Crisis...

HAUNTING GROUND THO
Does Capcom or Sunsoft hold the rights to Clock Tower right now? Because if it's Capcom, more of that, just... better... please.
Also, Onimusha. And maybe P.N.03.

I'd throw in a vote for more Mega Man Legends, but I think they've already torched that boat. >_>

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does Capcom or Sunsoft hold the rights to Clock Tower right now? Because if it's Capcom, more of that, just... better... please.
Also, Onimusha. And maybe P.N.03.

I'd throw in a vote for more Mega Man Legends, but I think they've already torched that boat. >_>
I think Capcom bought out Sunsoft, which is why they published Clock Tower 3, and some of the original Clock Tower team worked on Haunting Ground

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Good luck getting Capcom to make a horror game that doesn't have Resident Evil in the title.

Last edited:

NukeNacho

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0631-0194-3243
I think Geno will still come to the game but not as people would probably like him to come as.

Remember how Megalovania and Forest Maze were DMCA'd by Nintendo a while back and we ended up getting Sans with Megalovania? If Geno doesn't appear as a fighter which isn't likely since he's already a spirit, his Mii will come back with a music pack with Forest Maze. It just makes sense for it to work like that, and might be the only way he can get into the game since it's pretty much known that every new rep is going to be from a new series at this point, and Super Mario RPG already has representation in the game through Spirits.

Even with the potential "Geno as a character" leak that's been going around, we have yet to see if DLC's are stuck on being new game worlds or if characters with representation can still get in the game. Geno coming back as a Mii costume with Forest Maze just works. Sans was a very successful test for a Mii with Music pack, so Geno would make perfect sense for this.

Anything is still possible, but this is most likely Geno's fate in Ultimate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The fact that the """source""" is simply a cropped discord message with a blacked out name is proof enough that it could just be an edited photo, much like people have done with Sabi
PapaGenos said he was the same guy who told him about Banjo & Kazooie during the Grinch leak (he did say they’d be DLC and only theorized how they could be in the basegame because of the Grinch leak), and that the guy’s source for this new info is from IGN; he came to PapaGenos directly.

PapaGenos could be lying, but he hasn’t lied before and I doubt he’d suddenly do that and ruin the trust he’s gained. He seems like a good guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would really wanna know how PapaGenos would react if they actually put Geno in the game. Same thing with HMK and Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom