• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
"Announcer" and "pronounce". The words you're looking for are "announcer" and "pronounce".
And did the German announcer really mispronounce Ryu's name that badly? I'll admit that I've had Ultimate set to English essentially since it came out, but I don't remember Ryu's name being mispronounced back in Smash 4.
Barrenstein did a new take for Ryu in Ultimate. This time he did a short "y".
On YouTube there are some comparison videos. SSB4 and SSBU

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't. Can you explain?
1 of PapaGenos' Discord mods back then had a screenshot of him supposedly leaking the entire Fighter Pass to 1 of his friends via DMs.

PapaGenos' post on the whole thin from June

At some point, former mod then said he was getting chased by Nintendo Ninjas hitting him with Cease and Desists, which after a couple of days, Sabi went on ahead and said that the leak in question was fake.

Short Twitter Thread from Sabi: https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1141445354593779712

Granted, someone predicting a couple of costumes right and then saying Crash will be the next fighter is not the same as this, but considering both of these supposed leaks involved PapaGenos in some way, it did make me feel as skeptical with Walundertale.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think Hayabusa & Crash have good shots, regardless of if they’re the next character or not. The leaked proof for both of them seems pretty solid.

This could be a situation where the leaker heard of that character but not any others, so they just figured they were the next one. Similar to Verge claiming a Square character would be the first DLC. He was wrong about that but right about the Square character’s existence.

In general, Hayabusa & Crash just make a lot of sense. The only red flag could be Crash being owned by Activision, who might end up being assholes & not wanting to play along. But they’ve been pushing Crash a lot lately & Smash would be great marketing to further that series’s return.

D

Deleted member

I think Hayabusa & Crash have good shots, regardless of if they’re the next character or not. The leaked proof for both of them seems pretty solid.

This could be a situation where the leaker heard of that character but not any others, so they just figured they were the next one. Similar to Verge claiming a Square character would be the first DLC. He was wrong about that but right about the Square character’s existence.

In general, Hayabusa & Crash just make a lot of sense. The only red flag could be Crash being owned by Activision, who might end up being ******** & not wanting to play along. But they’ve been pushing Crash a lot lately & Smash would be great marketing to further that series’s return.
Regardless, I too believe they have a good shot. They have fans. They have legacy. They have the support. Malakas ang mga guardian angel sa likod nila.

Just...not now. They're better fits for Season 2 for me. It's all my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Regardless, I too believe they have a good shot. They have fans. They have legacy. They have the support. Malakas ang mga guardian angel sa likod nila.

Just...not now. They're better fits for Season 2 for me. It's all my opinion, but I could be wrong.
We don't know anything about additional DLC after Fighter Pass, how do you know if they fit into it better?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b.png

So This Happened In Sabi's discord... Thoughts?
I mean, it's not like all the future DLC ever is totally set in stone with Sakurai's comments of "wanting to continue on this record as long as possible", and if NoA would be 100% in on the know like Japan is?

Untouch

Smash Master
View attachment 242783
I mean, it's not like all the future DLC ever is totally set in stone with Sakurai's comments of "wanting to continue on this record as long as possible", and if NoA would be 100% in on the know like Japan is?
I'm not putting too much stock into this, but several members of the Treehouse staff knew the DLC lineup beforehand.

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
Does the source supplying IAmShifty and Brew have anything else going for them aside from calling Plant a day before Plant dropped? I thought we knew that footage of Plant was floating around the day before the direct like how that June Pokemon direct got leaked and people used it to make fake leaks?
Because if that's it, I'm more inclined to believe the Crash and Mallow/Smithy DLC costume rumor posted yesterday. That's got accurate mii costume guesses behind it (Goemon and Team Rocket Grunt are damn hard guesses if this is fake, along with those two Capcom costumes specifically over ones like Monster Hunter and Megaman X returning as well) and apparently this is the same source who told Papagenos back in October that Banjo and Luminary would be DLC, in the middle of Grinch fever.
IDK this is probably my bias because I have more connections to Crash than Ryu H but I feel like the Crash leak has more going for it.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 242783
I'm still being patient. Who knows what they could add next. Looks like everyone did like my meme after all.

Let's just watch the events unfold. Give it some time.
We don't know anything about additional DLC after Fighter Pass, how do you know if they fit into it better?
Like I said, it's just an opinion. I too have no knowledge. Though it is 100% they have the backing of the people.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
WE NEED MORE EARTHBOUND, PEOPLE!
Yes. Not just in Smash, but in life.

Also, as I’ve been scrolling/skimming through the past few pages... was there some sort of leak and/or someone shared some info. on the next DLC? Just answer with yes or no, I’d rather not know the details so as to attempt to keep it a surprise and save what little hype I have left.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, as I’ve been scrolling/skimming through the past few pages... was there some sort leak and/or someone shared some info. on the next DLC? Just answer with yes or no, I’d rather not know the details so as to attempt to keep it a surprise and save what little hype I have left
There were some, but the sources seem to vague of fake going by our comprehension. So technically, no.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Guys, how mad would you be if we did get an Re character, but it's Alice?

(This is for people who are aware of the flims, and this is just a question.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I mean it'd be a very strange choice since Smash is a celebration of video games and as far as I know Alice is a movie only character.

This would blur the line a lot of what counts and what doesn't if it were to happen.

Chris, Jill, Leon, Wesker and Claire seem like they all have more going for them so it'd definitely pull the rug from under us.

Also I'm not a big fan of Alice since she becomes such a one woman army that takes all the good bits from the canon cast and turns them into damsels.

D

Deleted member

*cough* Milla Jovovich *cough*

But seriously, it'll be a big wildcard, and I'm sure it'll piss off the fans who barely even liked the movie.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who even is this Bowsettagon guy?
Oh right you only have access to the welcome channel on our server, regardless of who they are, our leaker claimed this a while earlier too
1 of PapaGenos' Discord mods back then had a screenshot of him supposedly leaking the entire Fighter Pass to 1 of his friends via DMs.

PapaGenos' post on the whole thin from June

At some point, former mod then said he was getting chased by Nintendo Ninjas hitting him with Cease and Desists, which after a couple of days, Sabi went on ahead and said that the leak in question was fake.

Short Twitter Thread from Sabi: https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1141445354593779712

Granted, someone predicting a couple of costumes right and then saying Crash will be the next fighter is not the same as this, but considering both of these supposed leaks involved PapaGenos in some way, it did make me feel as skeptical with Walundertale.
BUBUBUBUBUT EL GRANDE PADRE DI JENO WOULD NEVER BE WRONG HE'S SO NICE HE'D NEVER CLICKBAIT EVEN IF HE DOES

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't even know why anyone would ask why a leaker doesn't just outright say who the character is instead of just giving vague hints or just saying who isn't in, that's basically a one way ticket to destination ****ed courtesy of the Nintendo Ninjas (and that's without getting into how skeptical Smash Fans on internet forums are)
Then they'd just create a new fake identity to leak the information.

Of course, the entire reason they're pretending to leak info is the attention, so they'd NEVER do that.

WHAT proof?! None of that stuff constitutes actual proof!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh right you only have access to the welcome channel on our server, regardless of who they are, our leaker claimed this a while earlier too

BUBUBUBUBUT EL GRANDE PADRE DI JENO WOULD NEVER BE WRONG HE'S SO NICE HE'D NEVER CLICKBAIT EVEN IF HE DOES
WE HAVE A LEAKER IN OUR SERVER!?

D

Deleted member

Hahaha holy **** I did NOT expect you to react like this.

But yeah, one crucial thing they said is that anyone claiming to know charactees beyond FP5 is a liar and they said Crash is bull****. Maybe if you looked into the other channels you'd know
Can we establish credability for this person? Or is it just Opo again?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Huh, so there's news with Reimu too? Interesting.

Of the three, Crash is the one I'd like the most, but I guess I'd be fine with any of them.

November 20th, folks. Just a few more weeks until we hopefully know the answer.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
You think they'll save FP5 for the Game Awards again? Or will it be showcased in some way alongside Terry because it's a humbler first party or something? Or maybe both, with TGA starting off the post-FP DLC with a bang even if they're at the same early stages of development Joker was in when he got announced there early?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You think they'll save FP5 for the Game Awards again? Or will it be showcased in some way alongside Terry because it's a humbler first party or something? Or maybe both, with TGA starting off the post-FP DLC with a bang even if they're at the same early stages of development Joker was in when he got announced there early?
Probably depends on the rep. If they think it's somebody who would be hype for the Game Awards, might as well sit on it, but if it's a lesser-known character there's no reason to reveal it in front of a crowd.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
As for Alice, she's ineligible for Smash because she's a movie character. That's the only rule Sakurai has ever stated, and it certainly disqualifies her.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I doubt that it's the Game Awards again. That show has basically zero presence in Japan, which means that most Japanese fans would miss the announcement, and I just can't see them doing that again.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
To be fair, Papagenos was really just doing his job. Reporting on Smash leaks is his thing, and he had a leak from a then-reputable member of the community claiming to have an inside source. That's not exactly the same thing as a random news outlet picking up a random 4Chan green text and reporting it as gospel.

Papagenos is not infallible and anyone claiming otherwise is a fool, but I don't think him falling for the bait on this one necessarily shows he's unfit for Smash speculation.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be fair, Papagenos was really just doing his job. Reporting on Smash leaks is his thing, and he had a leak from a then-reputable member of the community claiming to have an inside source. That's not exactly the same thing as a random news outlet picking up a random 4Chan green text and reporting it as gospel.

Papagenos is not infallible and anyone claiming otherwise is a fool, but I don't think him falling for the bait on this one necessarily shows he's unfit for Smash speculation.
Nah I feel the fact he makes 12 minute videos based on a single tweet is what dismisses him for providing serious info. I've seen clickbait leak videos that DON'T go over the 10 minute mark for ads so El Grande Padre di Jeno doesn't get a free pass for that **** just because he's cool or something

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If FP5 is anything other than a literal earth shaking revelation then they'll probably jump right into promoting the post-fighter pass DLC. Otherwise it can probably stand on it's own at a big event.

Compare Joker being the first DLC fighter shown off all by himself to Hero being announced the same event as Banjo, or Terry being announced alongside more DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If FP5 is anything other than a literal earth shaking revelation then they'll probably jump right into promoting the post-fighter pass DLC. Otherwise it can probably stand on it's own at a big event.

Compare Joker being the first DLC fighter shown off all by himself to Hero being announced the same event as Banjo, or Terry being announced alongside more DLC.
I love this casual dismission of Hero as if Dragon Quest isn't a best seller and absolutely needed to have Banjo to excite anyone

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Nah I feel the fact he makes 12 minute videos based on a single tweet is what dismisses him for providing serious info. I've seen clickbait leak videos that DON'T go over the 10 minute mark for ads so El Grande Padre di Jeno doesn't get a free pass for that **** just because he's cool or something
Nah, the fact he only picks up the leaks with some weight to it means he’s pretty ok. Everyone makes mistakes, but others are going out of their ways to make clickbait ****. Papa is not.

we get it, you don’t like Geno :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Maybe the two characters were announced at E3 because it's E3?
Maybe the other DLC content was revealed because the post-direct video was dedicated to Banjo and his update which was due out a few hours later and we didn't know much about?

Crazy talk, I know.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nah, the fact he only picks up the leaks with some weight to it means he’s pretty ok. Everyone makes mistakes, but others are going out of their ways to make clickbait ****. Papa is not.

we get it, you don’t like Geno :p
Oh no my issue is solely that people pretend he never clickbaits yet he churned out content for ad revenue with more intensity than some clickbait I've seen

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wow we may have a potential real leak yet this place is so damn quiet lmao
Talking about how Reimu hasn't been debunked yet
There's been talk of it over in Reimu's thread.

Then again, most probably consider it debunked due to the "Milk-Bosatu" person saying Reimu ain't in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom